Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2024, 15:47   #10666

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Attachment 2645471

Went to check out the AX7 AWD allotted to me.
It came in from Mahindra today itself.
It is FEB 2024 manufactured with MRF Tyres from 0224 (2nd week of 2024? right?)

I am a bit worried seeing this greenish stuff on the lower part of the window.

Attachment 2645469

Is it something to be concerned about?
Please advice!

Attachment 2645470

Attachment 2645472
Hi Roy,
This is my first post here. So bear with me please. I am in the same boat as you(Booked an AWD AX7). I think you can check the window mechanism and if it does not squeak or hesitate you can proceed with the complete PDI. Check the sunroof lining also.
RaiSaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 17:38   #10667
BHPian

Thank you wild child and RaiSaab for helping me in my dilema. I will be visiting the showroom on Monday for a proper PDI. I have asked them to cleanup the car in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
To me, it looks like the vehicle was parked out in the open and has been collecting dust, rain water and grime for quite a while. Check with your dealer and see if you can get another vehicle.

On a side note, I have been reading about many XUV 700 AWDs from Jan / Feb /Mar '24 lot being allotted to buyers in Aug '24. We are stuck with steep waiting periods and all we get is a pretty old vehicle. Am I missing something??
Since AX7 L and AX7 AWD are in similar price brackets, I conclude people opt for the Luxury Pack more than the AWD system. As a result, AX7L allocations are more fresh out of the oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiSaab View Post
Hi Roy,
This is my first post here. So bear with me please. I am in the same boat as you(Booked an AWD AX7). I think you can check the window mechanism and if it does not squeak or hesitate you can proceed with the complete PDI. Check the sunroof lining also.
I would take this opportunity to welcome you to Team-BHP RaiSaab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hello All,

Spare Alloy wheel: INR 33486/-
TOPMS sensor: INR 972/-
Tyre MRF : INR 15600/-
Hi Karaboudjan, In my opinion, the price quoted for the alloy is either a typo (I see a lot of accessories brochure quoting them in the 13k range) or they are currently out of their minds.

Spare Alloy wheel: INR 16743/- (https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-whee...x_18-56912035/)
TPMS sensor: INR 972/- (https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-1805bw600221n-57877918/)
Tyre Bridgestone Ecopoa ep850 : INR 13000/- (quote received from local tyre dealer) (MRF I am yet to check )

Last edited by rroy92 : 24th August 2024 at 17:42.
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 18:32   #10668

Fellow BHPians,

I am in a weird dilemma w.r.t. my booking of AX7 L DSL AT (Everest White) variant. (Shiv Autowings, Pune)

The booking was done on 14 Jul, after a re-assuring commitment from the vendor to deliver the vehicle on 28 Jul (Bday in the family). While this date was 'Good to Have' I did have two important events, prior to which the delivery was a 'Must have':
  • A long road trip with my extended family during the independence day weekend (my old car and my new car would accommodate all). I eventually had to cancel this one.
  • Work trip in the last week of Aug, which would last 3-4 weeks. I have now differed it to 1st week of Oct.

Then began the ordeal of delays, re-commitments, and missed commitments

Each time the billing was around the corner and "expected" in the next 2-3 days. I did escalate to the GM of the dealership and also to the area sales manager of Mahindra and I am in frequent touch with them. However, they while being courteous and responsive are still unable to give a firm date on when the billing is expected.

They have offered alternative color options "midnight blue" / "silver" / "blaze red" all of them freshly minted.
OR
AWD AX7 L DSL AT (Everest White) - Jan manufactured, without ventilated seats but with a mouth watering discount of 75K (and reduce it even further if I am interested).

The latest commitment is to have the vehicle billed before 28 Aug. But, what I have realized is that they have no control over this and their commitment is just "Hope".

Now, to add to the complexity mom reminded me that 'Pitra Paksha' starts on 17 Sept and extends all the way to 2 Oct, which also overlaps with my business trip. Both, mom and home minister are adamant on not taking the delivery during this time frame.

So, effectively, if my car isn't delivered by 16-Sept, the only time I can get it is in Nov.

Now I have a decision to make: Either,
  • Compromise on the color (HM did not like the blaze edition, and i am not too inclined for the mid night black).
  • Go for the AWD, which is lying dormant in the yard in extreme weather for over 8 months.
  • Cancel the booking and go for the Tata Harrier (I have an active booking which I have been stalling & the dealer has my variant in stock). TATA ASC horror stories gives me heebee jeebies but I might just bite the bullet due to the pent up frustration and no clear path ahead.

What would be your recommendations?

P.S: Dealer tells me that the demand for the top spec has gone up (especially Everest white) due to discounts as most mid variant bookings have been upgraded. He showed me his delivery register and not even a single top variant in white has been billed in the past one month

P.P.S: I absolutely want my dealer to compensate me for the delay, if I go ahead with XUV 700. Even more so if I end up picking a color which isn't my first choice.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th August 2024 at 08:26. Reason: Max two emoticons per post. “i” —> “I”. Please review the rules before proceeding. Thx.
Old 25th August 2024, 19:32   #10669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFalcon007 View Post
AWD AX7 L DSL AT (Everest White) - Jan manufactured, without ventilated seats but with a mouth watering discount of 75K (and reduce it even further if i am interested).

Hi DesertFalcon007, is this 75K on top of the ongoing discounts?
Was something similar offered on the AWD Variant as well?
Old 25th August 2024, 19:39   #10670
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
P.S: Dealer tells me that the demand for the top spec has gone up (especially Everest white) due to discounts as most mid variant bookings have been upgraded. He showed me his delivery register and not even a single top variant in white has been billed in the past one month
Hi. I had booked AX7 L D MT in Everest White on 24th July and got allotted a Aug manufactured car in mid-Aug. Not sure if it has to do with AT, but why not check with another Mahindra dealer in Pune if they can provide earlier. The general delivery period is still 4-6 weeks max.

If no other option, maybe try exploring silver color given its available. Check it out in person once. Even I didn't find midnight blue that great. After white, silver's the 2nd best color I felt where XUV 700 looks very good. I think this car generally looks better in lighter colors. I would suggest try and not to go for an earlier manufactured car if you're getting a recent option in another color. Given that you cannot wait much longer.

Last edited by SRM : 25th August 2024 at 19:43.
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 19:43   #10671

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Hi. I had booked AX7 L D MT in Everest White on 24th July and got allotted a Aug manufactured car in mid-Aug. Not sure if it has to do with AT, but why not check with another Mahindra dealer in Pune if they can provide earlier. The general delivery period is still 4-6 weeks max.
Yes, appears to be. I raided the dealer stock yard and found a couple of top end MTs in stock.

Quote:
Hi DesertFalcon007, is this 75K on top of the ongoing discounts?
Was something similar offered on the AWD Variant as well?
Yes. He said he will work out an even better deal, if I am interested.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th August 2024 at 08:30. Reason: i —> I
DesertFalcon007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 20:29   #10672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by De
AWD AX7 L DSL AT (Everest White) - Jan manufactured, without ventilated seats but with a mouth watering discount of 75K (and reduce it even further if i am interested).

The latest commitment is to have the vehicle billed before 28 Aug. But, what i have realized is that they have no control over this and their commitment is just "Hope".

Now i have a decision to make: Either,[LIST
[*]Compromise on the color (HM did not like the blaze edition, and i am not too inclined for the mid night black).[*]Go for the AWD, which is lying dormant in the yard in extreme weather for over 8 months.[*]Cancel the booking and go for the Tata Harrier (I have an active booking which i have been stalling & the dealer has my variant in stock). TATA ASC horror stories gives me heebee jeebies but i might just bite the bullet due to the pent up frustration and no clear path ahead.[/list]
What would be your recommendations ?

P.P.S: I absolutely want my dealer to compensate me for the delay, if i go ahead with XUV 700. Even more so if i end up picking a color which isn't my first choice.

I can just say one most important thing being absolutely sure of,"please don't go for Harrier". It is no way near to the gem by Mahindra.

Colour ofcourse is an individual factor. It might be deal breaker for some and irrelevant for others. For me colour is low in priority list. What you can do is that you can use this point to get further discounts . AWD is helpful in few scenarios only and will reduce mileage. It can increase maintenance cost to some extent too.
I think best choice would be to get the available colour. Remember this car is something you would love whenever you drive irrespective of the colour.
Don't make the mistake of going for Harrier. Tata ASS is horrible to deal with.

Good luck and happy driving
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 20:36   #10673

This makes so much sense and also what I am now inclined towards!

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th August 2024 at 08:30. Reason: Spacing and upper case for “i”.
Old 25th August 2024, 21:46   #10674
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow BHPians,

Now i have a decision to make: Either,
  • Compromise on the color (HM did not like the blaze edition, and i am not too inclined for the mid night black).
  • Go for the AWD, which is lying dormant in the yard in extreme weather for over 8 months.
  • Cancel the booking and go for the Tata Harrier (I have an active booking which i have been stalling & the dealer has my variant in stock). TATA ASC horror stories gives me heebee jeebies but i might just bite the bullet due to the pent up frustration and no clear path ahead.

Can understand your situation and how much this wait might be frustrating. But also know that some time back, when the wait times were even longer, people hung on to the bookings simply because of what a Gem this vehicle is.

If you have some patience, I'm sure you wont regret it. Everytime you crank up that engine and drive around, it will bring a smile to your face.

P.S.: I got my Black Panther after 14 long months of wait time! But it was worth it.

P.P.S: While the Harrier twins are good, the ASS stories are indeed horrifying. Plus no comparison of the engine to the 7OO.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 07:15   #10675
BHPian

Reposting for traction:

I am looking to upgrade my stock tyres for my soon to be delivered XUV700 7L AWD. I spoke to a Bridgestone official dealer who gave me a price of Rs.17000 for the Dueler A/T. For my new OEM tyres Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance he is offering Rs. 5500 per tyre. What do you guys think of the deal? Is this a standard/or somewhere around it?
Old 26th August 2024, 08:17   #10676
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow BHPians,

I am in a weird dilemma w.r.t. my booking of AX7 L DSL AT (Everest White) variant. (Shiv Autowings, Pune)

Hi DesertFalcon007, I would strongly recommend you to randomly call up all the Mahindra showrooms in and around 150-200 kms (or what ever distance which you are comfortable in taking delivery) and share your requirment. As AX7L DAT is a very common variant, I am sure some dealership will be able to get you one if you are ready with your finances.

I tried this and succeeded while XUV was commanding 12+ months waiting period, shared this with my friends and it worked for them as well.
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 13:18   #10677
BHPian

Two weeks of ownership and just 370km on the odo, my vehicle has already started trouble shooting. One of the center console AC vent and side vent nobs just came off while operating. Surprised to see how flimsy the material is for a so called ruf and tuf SUV.

My vehicle is also not connecting to the network since 20th Aug and none of the connected features like Adrenox or Alexa works. Need to take the vehicle to the ASC for sorting the issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240826_113824.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240826_113839.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20240826_130415_whatsapp.jpg  

deepeshh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 16:25   #10678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Two weeks of ownership and just 370km on the odo, my vehicle has already started trouble shooting. One of the center console AC vent and side vent nobs just came off while operating. Surprised to see how flimsy the material is for a so called ruf and tuf SUV.
I faced the same issue with the centre AC vent.
the entire front facia of the vent needs to be changed for such a minor replacement. Plus I was told its not a part under warranty and I had to pay out of pocket
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 16:53   #10679

For folks wanting to buy car mats or replace, limited stock of Pharaoh mats become available for XUV700. I just ordered for my new car, was in touch with the local supplier in Bangalore and got notification.

https://www.pharaohautomotive.com/pr...car-floor-mats
GirishMP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 17:29   #10680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
I faced the same issue with the centre AC vent.
the entire front facia of the vent needs to be changed for such a minor replacement. Plus I was told its not a part under warranty and I had to pay out of pocket
How much was the cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks