Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2024, 18:51   #10591

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Pdi done today at showroom. Dealer didnt allow pdi at their stockyard.

Odo had 91 kms , which is partly due to the fact that car was driven 50 kms from stockyard to their showroom.

Pdi done by zekardo was fabulous and covered every small detail and checks. Car scored a 9.22/10 .. with 4 minor issues easily rectifiable by the dealer
Do you remember how much was the ODO at the time of taking delivery? NBS Andheri SA is trying to discourage PDI by explaining that if I request one, the vehicle will accumulate around 150 kilometers before delivery. This is because the car comes from their Mumbra stockyard, returns after the PDI is complete, and then travel again to the showroom at the time of delivery. Was it the same in your case?
Old 13th August 2024, 20:25   #10592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbv View Post
In general, I found Zeekardo helpful in two respects that we ourselves can't do - getting results from obd scanner and paint check over the whole body.
That OBD difference is very small and can be dismissed. Any engine wires will be showing up to the service center and they have the option to clear the error codes. So connecting OBD will rarely give any advantage. Yes, Zeekardo testing the paint is worth the money spent for any damages and scratches that we may miss out.

XUV brings a smile everytime I am behind the wheels. Enjoy the ride
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 20:50   #10593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
I own Jan-2023 AX7L AWD vehicle ...
3. Hill climbing: Excellent performance. We recently did 30+ days trip to the North East, and the vehicle was challenged specifically in the state of Sikkim: broken roads, river beds, steep inclines and rains all around. XUV700 is extremely powerful and it never disappointed ...

4. Snow: We experienced snow at Yumthang, Zero Point, Nathu La in Sikkim and then in Panga Teng Tso Lake, Sungtesar Lake, on the way to Zemithang and in Bum La in Arunachal Pradesh. AWD proved to be a real boss there. Many 2WD cabs including Tata and Toyota vehicles were struggling to even move 10 metres, whereas we were having good traction and never ever faced any issue. We were mostly part of first few vehicles to arrive at these locations to experience snow, and snow depth was not that much. But we drove on fresh snow and less on black ice.

5. Maintenance Costs: Not sure about it. All service costs have been very nominal and I don't think I would have paid anything extra as a major expense due to AWD. My vehicle is at 34K KMS as of now. Services done in Bengaluru and Guwahati centres.
Thanks a lot for your help.
I was hoping to ask you for your inputs on the following missing features when comparing AX7 AWD to AX7 L AWD

- Sony Sound

- 360 Camera (I have around 15years of driving experience. I do want a front camera because of the high bonnet height. This will be my first SUV. Are there aftermarket options for just the front camera/or maybe front parking sensors)

- Ventilated Seats (added in 2024. maybe others can chime in)

- Knee Airbag

- Passive Keyless Entry (I have this in my Jazz, and love it, but this alone cannot push me up to AX7 L)

- Rear View Mirror memory

Did I miss anything?

How useful are these to you?
Do you think these justify the 2.2L price premium? (after owning the vehicle for one and a half years)

Last edited by rroy92 : 13th August 2024 at 21:08.
Old 13th August 2024, 22:04   #10594
Senior - BHPian

Folks, did anyone happen to see the new colors announced for XUV700? Dealers have no clue about the availability of green or brown which got announced.

Also what are the deals running in Bangalore beyond the 2 lac discount? I am considering Diesel AT AWD AX7L.

Last edited by supertinu : 13th August 2024 at 22:10.
Old 13th August 2024, 22:24   #10595
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, did anyone happen to see the new colors announced for XUV700? Dealers have no clue about the availability of green or brown which got announced.

Also what are the deals running in Bangalore beyond the 2 lac discount? I am considering Diesel AT AWD AX7L.
Hyderabad dealerships indicate 1.5 months or 6 weeks to deliver Deep Forest (green) and no timeline for Burnt Sienna (brown) color.
I even enquired for Blaze edition, and I was told delivery timeline of 2 months.
Some green color units have been manufactured and sent for re-review to some YouTube channels
kgt.v8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 22:44   #10596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Thanks a lot for your help.
I was hoping to ask you for your inputs on the following missing features when comparing AX7 AWD to AX7 L AWD

- Sony Sound

- 360 Camera (I have around 15years of driving experience. I do want a front camera because of the high bonnet height. This will be my first SUV. Are there aftermarket options for just the front camera/or maybe front parking sensors)

- Ventilated Seats (added in 2024. maybe others can chime in)

- Knee Airbag

- Passive Keyless Entry (I have this in my Jazz, and love it, but this alone cannot push me up to AX7 L)

- Rear View Mirror memory

Did I miss anything?

How useful are these to you?
Do you think these justify the 2.2L price premium? (after owning the vehicle for one and a half years)
All these are luxury items and should be decided based on purely your perspective on how do you take these items in real life.

Coming from a 10 year old Honda Amaze, the only things that I value the most are the Knee Airbag, Ventilated seats, and 360 Degree Camera.

Sony sound is just average. If you are an audiophile, you'll certainly not like it. 5 years back I got an android HU from the US and installed it in Amaze, it gives fantastic and boom-bastic sound quality even today. The high bass punjabi songs when played on it, literally shakes the seats. It puts a BIG smile on our faces.

Other perspective could be that you look at extra 2.2L over a period of 10 years, and you'll realise that it is not that big a deal for you in coming years. May be you'll miss these features down the line. Get it right now, and enjoy every time you step in.
gurminder_81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 23:50   #10597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchronicles View Post
Do you remember how much was the ODO at the time of taking delivery? NBS Andheri SA is trying to discourage PDI by explaining that if I request one, the vehicle will accumulate around 150 kilometers before delivery. This is because the car comes from their Mumbra stockyard, returns after the PDI is complete, and then travel again to the showroom at the time of delivery. Was it the same in your case?
Yes, the dealer is right. My odo was around 91+ km. NBS doesn't allow PDI at stock yard. I was insistent on doing PDI so my car was driven from Mumbra to their Chowpatty showroom. However I insisted it won't go back to Mumbra. Hence they kept it at their parking in Parel. Odo still had close to 140 km at time of delivery, but I was ok with that, as it travelled from showroom at Chowpatty to parking in Parel to workshop at Reay Road for accessory fitment back to Parel parking and back to showroom at Chowpatty for delivery.

Hope it helps. Ask showroom guy to suggest alternative parking instead of sending back to Mumbra after PDI and then back again for delivery.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th August 2024 at 07:12. Reason: Fixing punctuation and caps across the entire post.
mentalmaxout is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th August 2024, 14:46   #10598
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the dealer is right. My odo was around 91+ km. NBS doesn't allow PDI at stock yard. I was insistent on doing PDI so my car was driven from Mumbra to their Chowpatty showroom. However I insisted it won't go back to Mumbra. Hence they kept it at their parking in Parel. Odo still had close to 140 km at time of delivery, but I was ok with that, as it travelled from showroom at Chowpatty to parking in Parel to workshop at Reay Road for accessory fitment back to Parel parking and back to showroom at Chowpatty for delivery.

Hope it helps. Ask showroom guy to suggest alternative parking instead of sending back to Mumbra after PDI and then back again for delivery.
Hi. My NBS Andheri SA is fine with the PDI and mentioned that the car will be driven from Mumbra to the showroom like you mentioned. So makes sense, however he was saying that some electronic functions like Alexa etc. won't work as they do those software updates once the car is registered. Did you face any such things during your PDI?
Old 14th August 2024, 15:09   #10599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Hi. My NBS Andheri SA is fine with the PDI and mentioned that the car will be driven from Mumbra to the showroom like you mentioned. So makes sense, however he was saying that some electronic functions like Alexa etc. won't work as they do those software updates once the car is registered. Did you face any such things during your PDI?
No issues faced as such. But even if he says so, its a minor matter and I would tend to believe him.

NBS guys usually have been very supportive and dont create issues for PDI
mentalmaxout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 22:30   #10600

Quote:
Odo still had close to 140 km at time of delivery, but I was ok with that, as it travelled from showroom at Chowpatty to parking in Parel to workshop at Reay Road for accessory fitment back to Parel parking and back to showroom at Chowpatty for delivery.

Thank you for clarifying! I too will insist similarly.
Old 15th August 2024, 13:08   #10601

Got delivery of my car on 14th August 2024 and today (15th August) my screen has gone blank. I have tried to check it multiple times at an interval of 1-2 hours each since morning but it’s still blank. Please help me with a solution if possible as I wanted to take the family on a ride today. Also, do let me know if I can expect it to reoccur even after getting it fixed at the service center tomorrow.

Sharing a couple of pics for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_2355.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_2354.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_2347.jpeg  

Ron.ghy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks