Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2024, 12:12   #10561
SRM
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchronicles View Post
Yesterday I booked electric blue AX7 DAT 7-Seater with NBS International, Andheri. SA told me the car could be of May or June, but looking at the recent posts it seems it might be March or April.
Hi. Did you get the car allotment? My booking is of 24th July for AX7L D MT but yet to get allotment.
Old 9th August 2024, 12:24   #10562

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Hi. Did you get the car allotment? My booking is of 24th July for AX7L D MT but yet to get allotment.
No not yet. I checked with SA, she mentioned that they might get to know by 14th Aug.
carchronicles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 18:33   #10563
BHPian

I am looking to replace my Renault Duster and have shortlisted the mighty XUV700. My expected running is 7K+ per year with 70% highway driving. The obvious choice is petrol. However, given that AX7L AT Diesel 7 seater costs only 65K more than the petrol variant in Bangalore, I wanted to evaluate both. After reading multiple "petrol vs diesel" discussions on the forum, I was still confused. Apart from the driving dynamics, features, etc., I rate NVH as one of the deciding factors for my next car purchase. (Coming from a Diesel manual, I want a more refined machine). Though the diesel mill of XUV700 has been rated as one of the most refined, I wanted to check it it was good enough. So, I decided to drive petrol and diesel variants back to back and feel it for myself. SA at Mahindra was kind enough to arrange for back to back TDs and also allowed me to take the car for a long drive.

Driving the Diesel AT
  • Very refined at idle. No vibrations.
  • Gear shifts are smooth. However, coming from a manual, it takes some time to get used to moderating throttle inputs. There was slight turbo lag as well.
  • Auto hold is great at red signals. However, getting off it needs the A pedal to be tapped with light foot. It can cause slight jerkiness. May be this needs some practice to master the exact amount of pressure.
  • When the speedo is in the 30 to 40 KMPL bracket, the typical diesel engine clatter can be felt. It's not too loud. However, it is very noticeable and plays spoilsport in such a premium car. This happens each and every time the speed is in this bracket and is annoying. Surprisingly, as the speed builds up, the engine is quiet again.
  • Wind noise becomes very prominent post 90 KMPH and increases thereafter. I hit 120 KMPH on NICE road. I felt engine noise is well controlled, at least compared to my Duster. It is not too intruding at all. However, wind noise is very prominent.
  • Surprisingly, I could hear the AC blower more prominently than engine noise.

Driving the Petrol AT
  • As expected, extremely refined and smooth.
  • No lag when compared to Diesel. Linear acceleration and very enjoyable.
  • I deliberately pushed it hard around 30 KMPH. Although some engine noise was heard, it is very minimal and not annoying like the Diesel. Had I not taken back to back TDs, I might not have appreciated this so much, I guess!
  • Sadly, wind noise is very prominent beyond 90 KMPH even in the petrol version. The AC blower noise is also prominent.
  • Rapid acceleration when needed and overtaking when there is open road ahead is a breeze, thanks to the 200 BHP monster.
  • Very satisfying TD. Only heart-breaking sight in the car is... yes, the FE. It stood at 4.3 KMPL, probably due to the aggressive driving for short duration.

I am considering booking the AX7L Petrol AT, given the very refined and premium experience. As per my calculations, I expect to spend ~ 20K to 25K more for fuel per year for my running after 3 years (considering break-even period for the upfront cost of Diesel car).

The SA told that they might have some vehicles in stock, with VIN pointing to March and April. They are still clearing stock since they announced the price reduction.
Dear members - Please suggest is March/April manufactured vehicle is good to be considered for buying in August.
CarML is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 18:58   #10564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Can you share how much mileage we can expect in city for petrol automatic in bumper to bumper and otherwise.
You won't like this answer

In Bangalore, no matter what I try, it never goes beyond 7kmpl. At time, even 5kmpl with very, very bad traffic.

On the highways, I've seen between 10kmpl - 11kmpl if driven sedately.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 21:09   #10565

Bought an AX7 AT Petrol earlier this week. I was hoping to install a few accessories but I have doubt in only one; 360 degree camera.

Has anybody retro fitted those from AX7L? I was hoping to find someone in Delhi NCR (particularly Karol Bagh) who could do it
Old 9th August 2024, 22:17   #10566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
My SA says that Zekardo can do the PDI but they wont allow to connect the computer to the car. Rest all can be done. Any such insistence at your end?
Nothing as such. But zekardo didn't run any tests on computers.. Used an obd scanner
mentalmaxout is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 23:12   #10567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
I have seen some YouTube videos of Blaze edition back from May this year. I like black seats offered in Blaze edition which would be easier to maintain.
I have not seen a single Blaze edition in road even after 2 months in Telangana. Has anyone in the forum seen Blaze edition in person or bought one? If yes, then how is Matt paint finishing? Does this shade look better in person than in image or videos?
I have seen Blaze edition up close and I really loved it. It has its own presence and exclusivity. Loved the black interiors. I recently booked my AX 7L diesel in Nappoli black and will be taking delivery on 11th Aug.

Really wanted to go for the Blaze edition, but the matt paint finish in the long run was my concern.

Last edited by deepeshh : 9th August 2024 at 23:13.
deepeshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 00:58   #10568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Any one got a AX7 AWD recently? What was the manufacture month?

The VIN shared with me is of JAN 2024

Will there be any differences in the JAN 2024 model compared to a more recent one?

I booked a AX7 D AT AWD from Mahindra Kolkata on 5th of Aug.
They have already provided me with the VIN, but it is from JAN 2024.
They are claiming that this is what Mahindra has provided them and there is no option to request for a newer one. I am told that the car will be in transit shortly and should reach by a weeks time.

What options do I have. Please advise!

I am very satisfied with their prompt billing, but the MFG month is not to my liking.

Is it ok to take a JAN 2024 one?

Last edited by rroy92 : 10th August 2024 at 01:28.
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 09:29   #10569
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
They are claiming that this is what Mahindra has provided them and there is no option to request for a newer one. I am told that the car will be in transit shortly and should reach by a weeks time.

I remember Mahindra manufacturing XUV500 AWD also on demand only after certain number of bookings were received. If car is billed by Mahindra then it will reach dealer stockyard. There are not too many takers for AWD, so you can try to pressurise dealer for additional discount or check with other dealerships in your city if they have AWD readily available.

If you decide to go ahead with the same car, then please make sure get PDI done via third party or on your own as car was exposed to Sun and rains in Mahindra stockyards for past 6 months
kgt.v8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 12:45   #10570
BHPian

Quote:

I am very satisfied with their prompt billing, but the MFG month is not to my liking.

This can't be the case. They can't impose on you. If you are not comfortable with it you can simply refuse to accept and rather wait for a newer car. I too have booked AX7L AWD and I have made it clear to them that I will not accept anything older than 2 months. Infact they had a Jan 24 available in stock which I declined. Just a personal choice, can vary individually. But the point is that it should be in your hands and not the dealer's to simply allot the car of their liking. You are the one paying the fat amount, let them not dictate.
adeshgunjan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 13:00   #10571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarML View Post
Driving the Petrol AT
  • As expected, extremely refined and smooth.
  • No lag when compared to Diesel. Linear acceleration and very enjoyable.
  • I deliberately pushed it hard around 30 KMPH. Although some engine noise was heard, it is very minimal and not annoying like the Diesel. Had I not taken back to back TDs, I might not have appreciated this so much, I guess!
  • Sadly, wind noise is very prominent beyond 90 KMPH even in the petrol version. The AC blower noise is also prominent.
  • Rapid acceleration when needed and overtaking when there is open road ahead is a breeze, thanks to the 200 BHP monster.
  • Very satisfying TD. Only heart-breaking sight in the car is... yes, the FE. It stood at 4.3 KMPL, probably due to the aggressive driving for short duration.
As a Petrol AT owner, I can confirm the following:
- NVH levels are so much better for a beast of this power. In fact many a times one cannot hear the engine noise when the windows are up and AC switched on. There have been instances when people on the road have also not noticed until they hear the horn!
- Acceleration and power available on tap is incredible. You will not feel when the speed has reached 100.
- Handling and stability is superb.
- Regarding the FE, normal city drives you would get around 7-8 and highway runs (Depending on your driving style) could be anywhere between 11-15. But then, if you're buying this vehicle, FE should be the last thing on the mind.

My BlackPanther is now nearing 18K in close to 19 months of ownership and so far has been an amazing experience.

Quote:
Dear members - Please suggest is March/April manufactured vehicle is good to be considered for buying in August.
If you can get a more recent one better. Although, a 3-4 months old vehicle should not cause too much concern. Do a thorough PDI using the TBHP checklist for the 7OO.

Last edited by IvanBiv : 10th August 2024 at 13:04. Reason: Alignment and text updates
IvanBiv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 20:28   #10572

Thanks for the welcome! Even I will be going for black stitching on black.

My car still hasn't been billed yet and there is frustration creeping in! The original delivery date was supposed to be 28 Jul, but car has not been billed yet. The dealer is very under confident to even commit if it will be delivered even by Aug end

Circling back to see if anyone has experimented with puddle lamps or door dampening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbv View Post
Welcome!

Congratulations!! Hoping for delivery of exact same model/colour this weekend myself

As I mentioned in one of my posts earlier, I doubt if it actually makes a difference to GC. One vendor pointed out that the at points where you are supposed to put the jack is the lowest one and that will remain the lowest point even after fitting side-steps. Perhaps from side it may look as if side-step is lower than rest of the body, but what actually matters for GC is the lowest point on underbody.

I also looked-out for aftermarket ones, but postponed the fitment till I experience the car for few days/weeks. But, I did find M-tek offered in the range of 7k (lowest available) on JC road, Bengaluru and I liked it a bit more than C-track, mainly due to single black colour top, but that's subjective.

I got one by company called neodrift for 7k. While most (including OEM) were having white stitching on black/dark mats, I was searching for one which has black on black stitching. Also, I was trying to see if there is a one where the mat goes a little deeper below the front seats (to be used by back seat passengers). I found none that covers the full floor below those seats. I am not yet sure, but this one looked a bit better in this respect than others.
Old 10th August 2024, 23:05   #10573

Just got seat covers installed on my Ax5, these are Autoform ones. Looks just like the one on AX7 models but felt a little extra comfortable.
Installed at Car Life Customs, Chandigarh
Cost : Seat Covers including front arm rest with fitting Rs 14,000.
Overall a very satisfying job done with fit and finish and got the steering cover installed as well at extra 1000 bucks.
Sharing few pics below, have a look:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-c6857946ba9144bc8303ad5d857f8ee6.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fbfda80e758c4615ae1d4bea77e42082.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-0ef47fb9832c430ebca099d300d29b45.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-f5a3fefa68794e518da363d9e0424c72.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ad57bc2047e74708975b8a0d5b31e41e.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-8499e0b5956e4fdfb41266d70802eb1a.jpeg  

Nsm1809 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 09:01   #10574
BHPian

Quote:
Any one got a AX7 AWD recently? What was the manufacture month?

The VIN shared with me is of JAN 2024

Will there be any differences in the JAN 2024 model compared to a more recent one?
I booked my AX7L AWD on 15th July and got delivered on 5th August. Going by the vin the car is manufactured in June 2024. If you are uncomfortable in taking almost 8 month old manufactured car then simply reject and ask for a car which was manufactured not more than 2 months ago. They are not doing any charity. You are paying your hard earned money.
marinerandy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 09:50   #10575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerandy View Post
I booked my AX7L AWD on 15th July and got delivered on 5th August. Going by the vin the car is manufactured in June 2024. If you are uncomfortable in taking almost 8 month old manufactured car then simply reject and ask for a car which was manufactured not more than 2 months ago. They are not doing any charity. You are paying your hard earned money.
When does the tracking of the vehicle start? I have booked on Friday and it simply shows Booked with the vehicle details. There is no way to track the steps as of now.

Also, did you upgrade your tyres? I have a strong urge to upgrade mine to A/Ts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks