Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2024, 21:42   #10516
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra Scorpio N Z8 L AutoDimming IRVM Frameless https://imgur.com/a/VMm2Ikz

I wonder if this can be retrofitted to the XUV700

Source Video :

Last edited by rroy92 : 3rd August 2024 at 21:51.
rroy92 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 00:37   #10517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Mahindra Scorpio N Z8 L AutoDimming IRVM Frameless https://imgur.com/a/VMm2Ikz

I wonder if this can be retrofitted to the XUV700
I have been wondering this for a while now. Even the 300 has an auto dimming IRVM. But when I ask this question here as well as on other relevant forums, there is no response.
Old 4th August 2024, 12:42   #10518

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Hi All, after almost 6 months research, I finally took the plunge and booked a AX 7L diesel. I have been allotted the Chasis number which is R6G41575. The sales man is not sure of the Mfg month.

From my understanding it's a July manufactured vehicle. Could experts pl confirm. Thanks.
Congratulations! May I know when did you book it?
Old 4th August 2024, 18:02   #10519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Hi All, after almost 6 months research, I finally took the plunge and booked a AX 7L diesel. I have been allotted the Chasis number which is R6G41575. The sales man is not sure of the Mfg month.

From my understanding it's a July manufactured vehicle. Could experts pl confirm. Thanks.
Congratulations on your booking and vehicle allocation. Is it manual or automatic?
Which color did you select?
How long did it take from booking to vehicle allocation?
Old 4th August 2024, 20:26   #10520
BHPian

Need help from guys at Gurgaon to obtain tyres for XUV700.

Size is 235 60 R18. Dueler All Terain A/T002 Tyres.

Any good dealers particularly for Bridgestone tyres.

Thanks in advance. I would like to change tyres at Gurgaon before proceeding to hills.
Old 4th August 2024, 20:58   #10521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Need help from guys at Gurgaon to obtain tyres for XUV700.

Size is 235 60 R18. Dueler All Terain A/T002 Tyres.

Any good dealers particularly for Bridgestone tyres.

Thanks in advance. I would like to change tyres at Gurgaon before proceeding to hills.
You can try Star Wheels in sec14 or Pahiya in DLF 3. Skip the alignment or get it done at service centre because of potential steering angle sensor issues with outside alignment without scanner.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:07   #10522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
The Koni FSD dampers and multi link suspension at play there I guess.
Referring the below link, it looks like Gabriel India is supplying the Frequency Selective Dampers based on Koni technology for the XUV700.

https://www.anandgroupindia.com/wp-c...el%20India.pdf
1.2GT3GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:19   #10523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyersRemorse View Post
Hi All!
The car would be our daily driver, we commute 3 days a week to work (15kms round trip) and for some longer drives on the weekends (Mostly in the city)
We both love driving around the country, so we might do 2 to 3 road trips a year
Considering that fuel costs are a factor for me, and with the usage mentioned, should I consider the diesel?
I would calculate is slightly differently.

Total Running per year = 10000 km.
Petrol running cost = 10 Rs/Km [I own a petrol Manual]
Diesel running cost = 6.5 Rs/km
Cost saved with diesel = 35000/year

You can check out my detailed mileage here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ol-review.html (Mahindra XUV700 MX Petrol Review)

On road price difference = 1.3L
Opportunity cost saved with petrol = 1.3L*0.08 (Capital gains after tax) = 10K
Depreciation assuming both petrol and diesel will resale at same price after 10 yrs = 13K / yr (linear depreciation)
Additional Maintenance & Insurance = 3K /year

So overall you will save ~10K / year. This is a small amount compared to the overall car ownerships cost. So pick the one that you like regardless of the economics if your running is ~10K / year.
oxyzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:55   #10524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I would calculate is slightly differently.

Depreciation assuming both petrol and diesel will resale at same price after 10 yrs .
For the regions read Delhi-NCR, where Diesel cars can’t be used for more than 10 years ,the depreciation of Diesel Cars is at a much faster rate than petrol counterparts.

Arguments of carbon life cycle aside ,Diesel cars shall be under tight scanner after these flash floods start getting linked to Global warming.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv2g9x47441o
Old 5th August 2024, 08:48   #10525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Pdi done today at showroom. Dealer didnt allow pdi at their stockyard.

Odo had 91 kms , which is partly due to the fact that car was driven 50 kms from stockyard to their showroom.

Pdi done by zekardo was fabulous and covered every small detail and checks. Car scored a 9.22/10 .. with 4 minor issues easily rectifiable by the dealer

Surprised that the car came with Goodyear Efficient grip tyres.. they seemed Rare... Anyone has any views on how these tyres perform on xuv700? Dealer said that they are very good

Finished the pdi, and gave the go ahead for the bank to transfer the funds.

Now the agonising wait begins.
Congratulations! I too am on the verge of finalising the AX7L D AWD from Randhawa. I spoke to the SA about PDI from Zekardo. He had no issues. He just mentioned that the policy is that you make 50% payment before you can do PDI. Any such conditions in your case?
Old 5th August 2024, 10:03   #10526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
For the regions read Delhi-NCR, where Diesel cars can’t be used for more than 10 years ,the depreciation of Diesel Cars is at a much faster rate than petrol counterparts.
I agree on this. The Diesel cars will depreciate faster and the govt is in no mood to see Diesels on the road. Even though I love the sound and character of a diesel, I would still prefer a petrol hybrid if I were in Delhi NCR.
Old 5th August 2024, 20:17   #10527
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
Congratulations! I too am on the verge of finalising the AX7L D AWD from Randhawa. I spoke to the SA about PDI from Zekardo. He had no issues. He just mentioned that the policy is that you make 50% payment before you can do PDI. Any such conditions in your case?
Only condition by SA was to pay 2 lakh so car can be allotted to me

After pdi and my go ahead, bank trfd the funds
mentalmaxout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 22:55   #10528

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
I have been wondering this for a while now. Even the 300 has an auto dimming IRVM. But when I ask this question here as well as on other relevant forums, there is no response.
I tried to install an after-market auto-dimming IRVM on my AX7L, but the service center folks explained that it's not easy to do because of the way the stock IRVM is placed. However, it's easy to do on the AX5 because there are no sensors behind the IRVM.

Check the following YouTube video for auto-dimming IRVM installed in XUV700:

MonkOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 00:40   #10529
BHPian

I took test drive of Petrol Manual couple of days back. The test drive car was 2023 model AX5. I got to test drive for about 5 kms only. This is my normal travel route which includes travelling through crater and off-road type holes on the road (courtesy of Hyderabad municipal corporation).
My current car which is Hexa glides over some of these potholes without suspension making noise.

Pros:
1) Clutch is light. Clutch travel is long, but I have got accustomed to longer clutch travel from previous car which was Polo GT 1.6 and current ride which is Hexa.
2) Silent cabin with good NVH. The engine sound is not heard inside cabin when idling and at city speeds. I couldn’t go beyond 3000 rpm and even with heavy foot there was very little engine sound coming into the cabin.
3) Gear throws are short and precise. Not as long and notchy as Hexa or XUV500
4) Engine is tuned for performance and the car gains speed fast.

Cons:
1) Very light steering. I got almost no feedback from steering even when going through rough road patches. May be I have hot accustomed to heavy hydraulic steering of Hexa or good feedback which Polo 1.6 steering provided
2) Suspension noise. I could hear suspension noise and some thud sound whole going over the potholed roads and thud at times. The car speed was below 15 kmph through bad sections. I felt bad at times hearing those thuds.
3) I couldn’t gauge brake pedal bite point during the drive, as brake felt lighter. I ended up hard braking at one point when car was at about 10 kmph due to another car stopping abruptly. The car was about to stall and I could avoid stalling by pressing clutch.

I feel I can get accustomed to the steering feedback. I assume test drive car tyre pressure was incorrect or suspension and brakes have gone through lot of abuse without proper care.

Question:
1) Is there any update to suspension in 2024 latest models to reduce thuds?
2) How is brake pedal feedback?
kgt.v8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 01:04   #10530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post

Question:
1) Is there any update to suspension in 2024 latest models to reduce thuds?
2) How is brake pedal feedback?
  • We own a Mar 2024 petrol AT variant and its run 3500 kms so far, no thud sound in suspension, works pretty silently.
  • Brake pedal is somewhat jerky, initially there’s no bite but suddenly at a point its very sharp.
  • Steering is very light but predictable, you’ll get used to it.

Only things which I would have improved on is interior material quality, ambient lighting and rear cross traffic alert in ADAS. Rest all is just perfect!

Last edited by sapien : 6th August 2024 at 01:06.
sapien is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks