Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2024, 18:58   #10501

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post

Accessories i will be getting from outside are GFX mats & seat belt cushion, dashcam + SD, Car trunk organiser, jopasu etc
I thought AX7L comes with continuous video recording feature if SD card is used. Is a separate dashcam still required?

Further, do you plan to go for PPF or ceramic coating?
Old 31st July 2024, 19:18   #10502
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchronicles View Post
I thought AX7L comes with continuous video recording feature if SD card is used. Is a separate dashcam still required?

Further, do you plan to go for PPF or ceramic coating?
Yes the car continues with continuous video recording, but retrieving it externally is a pain. Hence dash cam.

Not planning to go for ppf. Whites are easier to maintain. Wax periodically should do the trick
mentalmaxout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 19:55   #10503
BHPian

Can anyone from Chennai recommend where to get a dashcam and heat rejecting sun-films installed?

I'm considering a 70mai A500S front and back dashcam, but afraid the installation will messu up the cladding or wiring. Also looking to get heat-rejecting (not opaque) sun-films installed to help with the brutal weather.

Does anyone have first hand experience with a reliable installer in Chennai?
Old 31st July 2024, 20:05   #10504
BHPian

Has anyone been able to get their spare tyre on XUV show up on the console with TPMS reading like other 4 tyres show up?
Does the spare tyre have the necessary sensor to detect tyre pressure?

I recently checked its pressure and it was in low 30's. It was never filled up in last 2 years neither used so far.
Old 31st July 2024, 20:11   #10505

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Dear Moderators,

Kindly open a new thread if deemed appropriate.

What do you guys think. Shouldn't Mahindra intervene here and pass on the priced reduction as a goodwill gesture.

He has also posted this on twitter

https://x.com/AmitMenon1325/status/1812724060113011046

Kindly help spread the word
Could you update, is your friend able to get refund?
Old 31st July 2024, 23:37   #10506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post
Has anyone been able to get their spare tyre on XUV show up on the console with TPMS reading like other 4 tyres show up?
Does the spare tyre have the necessary sensor to detect tyre pressure?

I recently checked its pressure and it was in low 30's. It was never filled up in last 2 years neither used so far.
The spare tyre does not have a TPMS sensor, but you can install one and have the service center folks activate the 5 wheel TPMS option and perform the manual learning to show up on display.
MonkOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 10:25   #10507

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to know, is it necessary to have a Amazon Prime Membership to play music in Amazon Alexa in XUV?

My Prime Membership has ended a few days ago and after that, whenever I tried playing music through alexa, the lady just says, "Sorry, something went wrong".
Old 1st August 2024, 11:05   #10508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkOnWheels View Post
The spare tyre does not have a TPMS sensor, but you can install one and have the service center folks activate the 5 wheel TPMS option and perform the manual learning to show up on display.

If anyone has done this and can share setup steps, that will be helpful. I have put my questions below.
Excuse me for the formatting as I tried this first time...
  • TPMS sensor brand name/quality?
  • Can this be performed by Mahindra service center only?
  • Cost and any other checks/points to know before going for this?
Old 1st August 2024, 11:55   #10509

Quote:
You can purchase TPMS Sensor from a Mahindra Service Center.

Alternatively, you can get it from Bodomo
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-1805bw600221n-57877918/

This should be done only at Mahindra Service Center. Better to contact them regarding this. Cost as per above link 972/-. It should cost same at Mahindra also.
MonkOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 13:59   #10510
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Talk about irony - On one hand M&M is promoting the XUV700 left, right and centre with price reductions, promotional contents on almost every social media platform, etc. and on the other you still see this sh***y articles talking about 'waiting periods'! Why can't all the manufacturers get it that it's all in the past now and just be done with it?

Waiting Periods on M&M Vehicles

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 1st August 2024 at 14:01.
Old 1st August 2024, 17:05   #10511
BHPian

Quote:
Just ask them to enable the TPMS option on the cluster before opening up the tyres to fix the sensor. That takes a while and the service center should have the necessary authorisation to do it. Once the option is enabled it hardly takes an hour to get the sensors fixed.
Old 1st August 2024, 21:28   #10512
BHPian

I checked out AX7L in Mahindra showroom yesterday. I was expecting the interiors to feel more premium, but felt slightly let down by the lack of soft touch materials used in the door pad areas. The rest of interiors - center arm rest, both front and middle row seats, infotainment, MID look and feel premium.

Soft touch material is used only in the place where you rest your arm. Rest of the entire area on the door is hard plastic. The highlighted area in red in both the pictures below are hard plastic.
Rear door
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20240801-203743.png

Front driver side door
Name:  Screenshot 20240801 203823.png
Views: 159
Size:  492.0 KB
I have seen the same in Korean twins - Creta and Seltos.

I walked over to 3XO AX7L display to check it out. The interior of this little sibling (which costs at least 5 lakhs lesser) has more soft touch materials.
1) The door arm rest and entire panel above that up to window line (parts in black color) are covered with soft touch.
2) Entire top of dashboard is soft touch.
3) Similar to front door, the panels in rear door above door arm rest (again black colored ones) are covered in soft touch material.
After sitting in 3XO somehow, XUV700 doors did not feel premium.

I am not sure why manufacturers have cut corners in providing soft touch on door panels.
Has anyone tried to add soft touch materials as an aftermarket accessory in XUV700 door panels?
kgt.v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:00   #10513
bbv
BHPian

Did the PDI last week with Zeekardo. The experience was good, he did look at the vehicle thoroughly. He found some scratches on the plastic parts, but very small and nothing can be done about them, but missed looking at the underbody. I had later sent the video of underbody to him and he confirmed that everything is alright. I found that the main benefit compared to doing it on your own is that he checks the paint quality with with a device to check if something is repainted and also has a device to check the ECU, which provides details about any errors or if the vehicle is driven more than what it is showing (in my case it did 44K, but he said that it is common). He told that battery is not completely charged, perhaps standing at yard for some time. Dealer says it won't be a good idea to unmount it and charge for a new vehicle, better to drive it for few hours to charge.

For accessories, I got the 5-piece 7D floor mats from outside for 7K (company: Neodrift, with black on black stitching, dealer only had white on black). I am opting for minimal accessories - screen guard, mud flaps and SD card from Mahindra. For now, I am skipping on dashcam, will decide later after the experience that I have with the inbuilt one. Also, didn't opt for rear-guard as discussed in this forum earlier and will decide for side footstep later, if I feel the need, no ppf/ceramic coating (not a huge car buff). Likely to get the car by next weekend due to dealer's mis-doings.
Old 2nd August 2024, 17:36   #10514
BHPian

Hi All, after almost 6 months research, I finally took the plunge and booked a AX 7L diesel. I have been allotted the Chasis number which is R6G41575. The sales man is not sure of the Mfg month.

From my understanding it's a July manufactured vehicle. Could experts pl confirm. Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2024, 21:05   #10515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Hi All, after almost 6 months research, I finally took the plunge and booked a AX 7L diesel. I have been allotted the Chasis number which is R6G41575. The sales man is not sure of the Mfg month.

From my understanding it's a July manufactured vehicle. Could experts pl confirm. Thanks.
Congratulation! Happy miles to you.

Yes it is July 2024 manufactured.
R = 2024
G = July

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249664 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

Last edited by HillMan : 2nd August 2024 at 21:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks