Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2024, 12:40   #10486
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
I went with NBS as their showroom and workshop are close to where I live and also that it is a company owned dealership so hopefully after sales experience should be good. Apart from that no other discounts except on insurance.
Thats great. Exactly the reason for me to go for Randhawa, since its the closest and seems to have good reviews. Which accessories did you go for? I am hearing that the official mat options are not worth the price.
Old 29th July 2024, 13:08   #10487

Any benefit of getting the loan processed by the dealer? I'm not getting a better rate of interest and their processing charges are higher too.
Old 29th July 2024, 13:46   #10488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrango View Post
How has the Apple Carplay experience been for you so far? Is it stable in terms of connection strength or does it disconnect often. Does the phone heat up faster than normal when connected to wireless carplay. How smooth is the touch response and user interface on the infotainment screen when using carplay. Is there a significant difference in user experience between wired carplay and wireless carplay in the XUV 700?
I was using Carplay for an year until I switched over to Android recently. Carplay used to disconnect often and it was an irritating experience while going on long drives. Android auto is working like a charm for me. Touch response and user interface experience has been the same across both. I've hardly used wired. It's mostly wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
Can anyone from Chennai please weigh in on which is the best dealer and service center for the XUV700 in Chennai (according to your personal experience?)
I've used the services of MM motors Ayyappanthangal,Zulaikha Ambattur and AMPL Gerugambakkam. I felt AMPL was much better than the other two. MM Motors delays the service and never delivers on the promised time. Zulaikha service was just okayish. AMPL on the other hand was able to sort out an issue that MM Motors couldn't and they did it in a quick time.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd August 2024 at 09:34.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 14:06   #10489

Hi All!

I am hoping to book an XUV 700 Petrol AT this week. Honestly been a fan of the car for a long time, and my Fiancée loves it too. But I'm a bit apprehensive about the mileage of the AT

My To Be Father-In-Law owns the petrol manual which returns single digit FE (Read 8-9) in the city

The car would be our daily driver, we commute 3 days a week to work (15kms round trip) and for some longer drives on the weekends (Mostly in the city)

We both love driving around the country, so we might do 2 to 3 road trips a year

Considering that fuel costs are a factor for me, and with the usage mentioned, should I consider the diesel?

Any Inputs are welcome
Old 29th July 2024, 14:18   #10490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I've used the services of MM motors Ayyappanthangal,Zulaikha Ambattur and AMPL Gerugambakkam. I felt AMPL was much better than the other two. MM Motors delays the service and never delivers on the promised time. Zulaikha service was just okayish. AMPL on the other hand was able to sort out an issue that MM Motors couldn't and they did it in a quick time.
Thank you for taking the time to reply

I will look at AMPL.

I had also paid a visit to the Khivraj Kamal Ambattur showroom a while ago. It felt like a decent dealership as far as sales was concerned. I don't think they have an attached service centre. I just made an enquiry and came back. It's surprising to no longer hear about long waiting lists for XUV700!
Old 29th July 2024, 17:07   #10491
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
Thats great. Exactly the reason for me to go for Randhawa, since its the closest and seems to have good reviews. Which accessories did you go for? I am hearing that the official mat options are not worth the price.
Yet to get the car allotment. And then they said they'll share the link to order the accessories. Most of their accessories will be on the higher side, so mostly will opt for mud flaps, basic mats and screen guard. Will atleast need basic matting or the carpet will get spoilt. Will mostly go for better mats later.
SRM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 18:35   #10492

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyersRemorse View Post
The car would be our daily driver, we commute 3 days a week to work (15kms round trip) and for some longer drives on the weekends (Mostly in the city)

We both love driving around the country, so we might do 2 to 3 road trips a year

Considering that fuel costs are a factor for me, and with the usage mentioned, should I consider the diesel?

Any Inputs are welcome
TLDR: You can make a case for Diesel. For a similar use case, I chose Petrol due to Delhi-NCR regulations and better resale value over a longer period of time.

As a rule of thumb, I've been told to choose Diesel over Petrol if the annual running is >10k kms. Let's look at some calculations now.

Office commutes/week: 15*3 = 45 kms
Weekend drives: ~60 kms
Misc. drives/week (groceries/erraands): ~5 kms
Total distance/week: 45+60+5 = ~110 kms
Total distance/year: 110*52 = 5720 kms

Considering you take 3 road trips each year, with every trip covering ~1000 kms
Total distance/year covered in road trips: 3000 kms
So, total annual distance covered (essential+leisure): 8720 kms

Let's talk mileage now (average city+highway use)
Petrol: 9 kmpl
Diesel: 15 kmpl (diesel owners, correct me if wrong)

Annually, you'd fill
8720/9 = 969 litres of Petrol
8720/15 = 581 litres of Diesel

Looking at current fuel costs in Delhi (assuming they do not change over the years):
Petrol: Rs. 94/l
Diesel: Rs. 88/l
So a difference of Rs. 6 per litre.

Annual running costs:
Petrol: 969*94 = Rs. 91086
Diesel: 581*88 = Rs. 51128
Difference in annual running cost: Rs. 39958 ~40000

Since Diesel vehicles require additional upfront costs and maintenance:
Additional annual upkeep costs of Diesel over Petrol (considering you running pattern): ~Rs. 6000
Annual savings with Diesel: 40000-6000 = Rs. 34000

Additional on-road price of AX7L AT Diesel over Petrol: (in Delhi): Rs. 120000
So you can recover the additional upfront costs in 3-4 years.

Hence, Diesel can be a choice if you
  • Prefer to keep your car for longer (5+ years), and
  • Don't mind fetching slightly lower resale value (again, applicable for Delhi-NCR; not sure about other parts of the country).
Ti22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 22:07   #10493
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Is this NBS Andheri? Are you doing the PDI on your own or using some third party ones like Zekardo
Doing pdi with zekardo.. And ofcourse as backup will take team bhp pdi checklist. This is NBS chowpatty.

Will update once i finish my pdi
mentalmaxout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 17:21   #10494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I was using Carplay for an year until I switched over to Android recently. Carplay used to disconnect often and it was an irritating experience while going on long drives. Android auto is working like a charm for me. Touch response and user interface experience has been the same across both. I've hardly used wired. It's mostly wireless
Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope that the Apple Carplay disconnection issue gets fixed by Mahindra by the time they release the update to XUV 3XO. Apart from the absence of Carplay, the infotainment experience has been just fantastic. Android Auto in wired and wireless mode both work like a charm in my experience as well. Kudos to Mahindra for their focus on an almost lag free touch experience that they started with XUV 700 and now using the same unit with 3XO too.
Old 30th July 2024, 20:48   #10495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Doing pdi with zekardo.. And ofcourse as backup will take team bhp pdi checklist. This is NBS chowpatty.

Will update once i finish my pdi
Pdi done today at showroom. Dealer didnt allow pdi at their stockyard.

Odo had 91 kms , which is partly due to the fact that car was driven 50 kms from stockyard to their showroom.

Pdi done by zekardo was fabulous and covered every small detail and checks. Car scored a 9.22/10 .. with 4 minor issues easily rectifiable by the dealer

Surprised that the car came with Goodyear Efficient grip tyres.. they seemed Rare... Anyone has any views on how these tyres perform on xuv700? Dealer said that they are very good

Finished the pdi, and gave the go ahead for the bank to transfer the funds.

Now the agonising wait begins.
mentalmaxout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 21:48   #10496
BHPian

Looks like TopGear got hold of XUV700 in Deep Forest colour for their test drive. Deep Forest colour looks good when the XUV is in the woods. However, to me deep forest is not looking as good as it does on the Scorpio-N or XUV3XO.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20240730-214324.png

Image snapshot from TopGear video

Last edited by kgt.v8 : 30th July 2024 at 21:59.
kgt.v8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 09:25   #10497

Quote:
Pdi done today at showroom. Dealer didnt allow pdi at their stockyard.
Congratulations on your new car! Hoping your wait ends soon! I had read sometime back that Mahindra had banned external agencies performing PDI. Did you face any resistance from the dealer or SA when you requested it?

I am also keen to know which accessories did you opt for?

Thank you in anticipation.

Last edited by ampere : 31st July 2024 at 09:45.
carchronicles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 13:45   #10498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchronicles View Post
Congratulations on your new car! Hoping your wait ends soon! I had read sometime back that Mahindra had banned external agencies performing PDI. Did you face any resistance from the dealer or SA when you requested it?

I am also keen to know which accessories did you opt for?

Thank you in anticipation.
Dealer had no issues with PDI, except not allowed at stockyard.

Mahindra accessories I have opted for are Bumper corner protector set, Side Foot step, Mud flaps, Tailgate scuff protector, Scuff protector set sandblasted, Sun shade kit with clip, Screen protector film, ORVM applique cover & SD card. Total comes to approx 35k, less whatever discounts i can squeeze in (maybe 7-10%)

Accessories i will be getting from outside are GFX mats & seat belt cushion, dashcam + SD, Car trunk organiser, jopasu etc
mentalmaxout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 14:06   #10499

Quote:
Accessories i will be getting from outside are GFX mats & seat belt cushion, dashcam + SD, Car trunk organiser, jopasu etc
Can you please share details & pics (if possible) of car trunk organiser?

I asked my dealer during purchase of any such product and they had no idea.
Old 31st July 2024, 15:53   #10500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner_49 View Post
Can you please share details & pics (if possible) of car trunk organiser?

I asked my dealer during purchase of any such product and they had no idea.
This is an external accessory
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mentalmaxout is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks