Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2024, 10:09   #10471

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Wireless carplay is pretty smooth and convenient. I've not had any hanging or disconnection issues till now, but then I've hardly driven the vehicle so will wait a bit before giving a verdict. The best part is that I search a destination in my iphone, and the xuv display pops up asking if I would like to navigate to that destination - pretty convenient. The phone heats up quite a bit when using wireless charging. In fact, yesterday my phone stopped charging any further with a prompt that charging is on hold due to high temperature. I haven't tried the wired carplay yet, so can't comment on that.
That's great to hear. Please do post an update regarding the smoothness between wired and wireless once you use the vehicle more. I bought the XUV 3XO last month and still waiting for the Apple Carplay software update. It is reassuring to know that the carplay wireless connection stability is relatively fuss free in the XUV 700 which has more or less the same infotainment.
Old 28th July 2024, 12:47   #10472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
I took delivery in July 1st week, and was delivered an April manufactured unit. The unit came from Mahindra's plant directly and, was not sitting in dealer's stock yard (as told by the dealer, who I found trust worthy).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner_49 View Post
I recently took delivery of XUV700 P Manual AX7 around 2 weeks back which is march 2024 manufactured.

Was being offered AT transmission as well from the same month but wanted to go for manual.
I am also looking to book XUV700 AX7 Petrol manual in Burnt Sienna. Dealership said they have not delivered any cars in Deep Forest or Burnt Sienna. I will be checking with 2 more dealership in Hyderabad this week with to see what delivery timeline they provide.

If Mahindra has pile up stocks from March/April, then the dealerships might be prioritizing to clear up those inventories first.
My concern is that Mahindra SA might stop taking my calls once I book, opt for new colour and Mahindra does not manufacture new colour. If that happens, then I might go with Electric blue shade as it looks good in images and videos.

It will help me if any existing Electric Blue shade owners in this group could tell if Ceramic coating helps keeping the paint in good shape
Old 28th July 2024, 13:55   #10473

Yesterday I booked electric blue AX7 DAT 7-Seater with NBS International, Andheri. SA told me the car could be of May or June, but looking at the recent posts it seems it might be March or April.
Old 28th July 2024, 14:06   #10474
Senior - BHPian

If dealers already have inventory and delivering quickly, does it mean there is no waiting now a days?
Old 28th July 2024, 17:28   #10475
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchronicles View Post
Yesterday I booked electric blue AX7 DAT 7-Seater with NBS International, Andheri. SA told me the car could be of May or June, but looking at the recent posts it seems it might be March or April.
Hey. I have booked AX7 L D MT 7-Seater with the same dealership last week. They are trying to sell me a Feb manufactured car they have in the inventory. I am not keen on that and am insisting for a fresh car as during my booking they said they will have to place the order. Maybe someone cancelled or not sure what it is.

From what I remember they did have a few electric blue cars in inventory definitely in AX7 L D MT, not sure about AT. Did they mention anything to you while booking?
Old 28th July 2024, 17:34   #10476
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
If dealers already have inventory and delivering quickly, does it mean there is no waiting now a days?
True for some variants. Is it ok to go for a Feb manufactured AX7L in diesel manual? I am assuming it might be slower moving compared to AT.
Old 28th July 2024, 18:45   #10477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Hey. I have booked AX7 L D MT 7-Seater with the same dealership last week. They are trying to sell me a Feb manufactured car they have in the inventory. I am not keen on that and am insisting for a fresh car as during my booking they said they will have to place the order. Maybe someone cancelled or not sure what it is.

From what I remember they did have a few electric blue cars in inventory definitely in AX7 L D MT, not sure about AT. Did they mention anything to you while booking?
I am almost in the final stages of booking the AX7L AWD with Randhawa. Is there any benefit price wise or otherwise going with NBS, since its their inhouse dealer?
Old 28th July 2024, 18:51   #10478

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post

SA had informed that they have AX7 PAT variant in their inventory but Diesel will have to be ordered and might take 4 weeks. She did inform me that once the car is assigned she will inform me the month of manufacturing and if I do not agree to it then can wait for the next one.

Since yours AX7L, I am not aware about it but I can suggest you speak to your SA once and clarify it.
carchronicles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 20:21   #10479

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
I am almost in the final stages of booking the AX7L AWD with Randhawa. Is there any benefit price wise or otherwise going with NBS, since its their inhouse dealer?
There is no benefit price wise if you go with NBS. SA at NBS didn't force for accessories and she said that if I get an insurance quote from outside they will match it exactly.
carchronicles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 21:18   #10480

Hi BHP-ians! Need your expertise.

I am taking delivery of my XUV700 AX7L P AT next week. The car has been alloted today (the email mentions the name of some other person, so I am assuming they canceled their booking).

Now, the dealer is forcing me to
1.Deposit 1 lac to hold the car, otherwise they might allot it to somebody else
2. Take insurance from them
3. Get the loan for the car from them as well

Is it a common practice? Should I deposit the 1 lac to hold the car till next week (delivery date)? I have been very clear that I wouldn't pay the amount till I do the PDI, but they have been adamant on the fact that I have to put some money prior to the PDI/delivery date.
Old 28th July 2024, 23:07   #10481
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I booked a white AX7L D AT from NBS on 16th July.. Got the bed yesterday that the car has reached stock yard. Checked the vin and figured it was a june manufactured car

Doing the pdi on Tuesday. Dealer insisted on doing a 2 lakh downpayment for car allotment which i found fair.. balance payment will be transferred after pdi
mentalmaxout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 05:35   #10482
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
I booked a white AX7L D AT from NBS on 16th July.. Got the bed yesterday that the car has reached stock yard. Checked the vin and figured it was a june manufactured car

Doing the pdi on Tuesday. Dealer insisted on doing a 2 lakh downpayment for car allotment which i found fair.. balance payment will be transferred after pdi
The AX7L Diesel AT provides you with everything that the car has to offer and should be much more frugal than the petrol, great choice and do check the Team-BHP checklist for the PDI
Old 29th July 2024, 09:08   #10483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
Hey! I'm going to have to replace my windshield. Any tips regarding the process? I'm concerned about migrating the stickers, dashcam and stuff.
You can go to nearest FasTag center or call your FastTag customer care. They will deactivate your old FastTag and transfer the balance to a new FasTag. Affix the new FasTag on the windshield. For Dashcam, get the proper mounting sticker as the 3M dual side tape may not hold for long.
DevD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 12:10   #10484
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
I went with NBS as their showroom and workshop are close to where I live and also that it is a company owned dealership so hopefully after sales experience should be good. Apart from that no other discounts except on insurance.
SRM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 12:11   #10485
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post

Doing the pdi on Tuesday.
Is this NBS Andheri? Are you doing the PDI on your own or using some third party ones like Zekardo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks