Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2024, 17:49   #10426
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
The ASC guy says this is normal behavior and the car is okay.

Has anyone else with a D AT encountered this?
Tried different drive mode? Zip or custom
Old 19th July 2024, 18:29   #10427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Tried different drive mode? Zip or custom
The above mentioned description was in regard to the normal a.k.a zap mode.

The zip mode does send the gearbox to neutral when you let off the throttle and coast but it has a lower state of tune. The lower power means more revving in each gear. More NVH which I am trying to fight in the first place.

The zoom mode locks the clutch aggressively and as soon as possible. This means it keeps engine flywheel and gearbox messed together as much as possible in the name of responsiveness. This is the exact opposite of what I want it to do i.e. disconnect gearbox from flywheel and go into neutral when letting off the throttle.

Most 6-speed TC in diesels do this. The TC in the 1.5D from Hyundai/Kia does this. The 2.4D/2.8D with the 6-speed TC of Toyota in the Innova and Fortuner do this. Even the 6-speed TC of the Thar with this same engine in RWD config does it. Can't comment on the Scorpio with this engine since I have not driven it, but as it shared drivetrain and frame of the Thar, I am sure it must too. Harrier and Safari must do the same as well since they use the 6-speed TC from Hyundai also.

Why cant the XUV700? The gearbox is looking like a major dealbreaker to me more and more everyday. This behavior plus the very tall gearing makes sedate, city driving under 70 kph very noisy. Most of the time you find the engine between 1700-1900 rpm and it makes a very boomy noise inside the cabin.
DCTfanatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 08:32   #10428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
This behavior plus the very tall gearing makes sedate, city driving under 70 kph very noisy. Most of the time you find the engine between 1700-1900 rpm and it makes a very boomy noise inside the cabin.
Your observations are spot on. If I feel the same whenever I am driving in the City. With all the power of the engine the gearbox should work especially being torque converter for smoothness rather in this case it feels laboured.
Old 21st July 2024, 22:24   #10429
BHPian

Anyone experiencing a slight knock when the door handle(s) pop out? I’m hearing it on the passenger side ever since the monsoon started in full form.

It’s very faint, and would probably go unnoticed if not consciously focused on.
Old 21st July 2024, 23:20   #10430

Has anyone experienced condensation in the headlights like this? This has only happend on the drivers side headlight and especially near the tip of the DRL. Any suggestions on what I can do to eradicate this issue? I'm attaching a few pictures for reference. The car is 1.8 years old and I've never experienced this during the summer, it's come to light today, after some driving in the rains.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240721_212900.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240721_212906.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240721_212904.jpg  

Old 21st July 2024, 23:35   #10431
BHPian

Any reliable shop to install dashcam for XUV700 in Chennai? (of course, without voiding warranty)
Old 21st July 2024, 23:45   #10432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTitanium View Post
Has anyone experienced condensation in the headlights ....
Have experienced the same in a previous car. Can typically happen after a car is pressure washed and there is water ingress into the headlight unit. The trapped water tends to condense and fog and clear intermittently.

The way I managed to eradicate this was to open the seal and bulb holes and direct hot air from a hair dryer into the unit and dry it out and sealed the back of the unit properly.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 23:56   #10433

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

The way I managed to eradicate this was to open the seal and bulb holes and direct hot air from a hair dryer into the unit and dry it out and sealed the back of the unit properly.
Thank you so much for the solution, but I'm afraid I can do this I.e. removing the sealant and blowing of hot air into the unit, because from the exterior it doesn't look like the air can travel from the bulb holder/ hole to the DRL part, could you please let me know if there's something specific to these headlights I can do to solve this.
Old 22nd July 2024, 18:11   #10434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTitanium View Post
it doesn't look like the air can travel from the bulb holder/ hole to the DRL part, could you please let me know if there's something specific to these headlights I can do to solve this.
While driving keep the headlights ON, the heat from Engine and headlights will also encourage faster drying of moisture.

If water got in once, there is a seal that is open someplace, it will happen again. Better to get it checked. Could be a crack in the enclosure or if no impact then someplace a seal is open. Better to fix it before it gets worse over time and may leave a mark in the headlight from inside that you cannot clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Updated link of the XUV 700 Hood Struts working Video in 4k.
https://Youtu.be/SiKuzAKm8Ps
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Thanks for your post. I have ordered the kit directly from the company TRAC AUTOMOTIVE @ Rs.3200 (Rs 2500 plus Rs 800 IGST) inclusive of delivery charges, it is expected to be delivered today or tomorrow. I am excited to install it and share my experience.
Finally got the struts and installed myself. Took me 20mins and a Philip screw driver for removing the two screw on the plastic panel, a regular screw driver to remove the two black sheet holders on the bonnet and a 11-12 spanner to tighten the bolts. Prompt response from Vaibhav to courier the package. Thanks for the contact.
The plastic panel has a metal lining under it. So plastic is only a cover.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240722_163855edit.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240722_164551.jpg

Last edited by HillMan : 22nd July 2024 at 18:26. Reason: Uploading images
HillMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 18:33   #10435

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
While driving keep the headlights ON, the heat from Engine and headlights will also encourage faster drying of moisture.

If water got in once, there is a seal that is open someplace, it will happen again. Better to get it checked. Could be a crack in the enclosure or if no impact then someplace a seal is open. Better to fix it before it gets worse over time and may leave a mark in the headlight from inside that you cannot clean.
Thank you, I will get it checked from the ASC and see what can be done.

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd July 2024 at 18:56. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 22nd July 2024, 19:39   #10436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnelleKurven View Post
Hi, Are the struts mounted on the plastic part at the base of the strut? I would have serious safety concerns if that’s the case. That part (if plastic) is exposed to both sun and intense engine heat and over time will weaken.
No it is metal underneath the plastic panel. See picture of E1 clamp that goes under the struts.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240722_191220.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240722_191240.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240722_191453.jpg
HillMan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 13:04   #10437

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
After 20 months and 23K KMs of hassle free ownership of my AX7L petrol, it was today when it seems I have finally ran out of luck.
Same thing happened with me once. I was taking my wife to hospital and hospital had no parking, so I dropped my wife and drove to a nearby backstreet to find e a parking space.

After I found a tight side space and was manoeuvring the car back and forth all of a sudden power steering went out, all the warning and other lights turned on, speedo went to 220 etc. The exact picture that you've posted. But somehow my gears were engaging. I turned the car into spot after multiple backs and forths without power steering, turned the car off and left for hospital. I came back after an hour and everything was fine when I started the car again.

Kicker, my XUV700 hadn't even done 5k kms at that time.
astro-wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 13:40   #10438

Thank you for repeating the process of fitment of the Struts for making the Bonnet opening Hands Free for XUV700, something that should have been part of this beast.

This should become a very popular DIY accessory for the XUV700 owners.

My order got fulfilled and it took just about 20 minutes for the fitment. I have attached a photo for reference..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-bonnet-struts.png  

RAAHI60 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 00:36   #10439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post

Windshield replacement experience at India garage Whitefield, Bangalore.

I recently got my car's windshield replaced under insurance due to crack during a casual Sunday drive towards the airport. Initially while dropping the car for the replacement SA at India garage asked me to opt for interior cleaning for the sake of keeping the car clean after the replacement process. I disagreed and told him that it was a part of the replacement process to ensure that the car is well protected from any dirt or damages. SA didn't agree initially but later his manager agreed to deliver the car in neat and clean condition. After the replacement was done the car was delivered with dirt marks all over the seats and the dashboard. Car also had the remains of removed stickers from the windshield inside. Upon Reporting this the car was cleaned thoroughly and delivered.

During a weekend drive to Kerala nearly 4-5 days later, I realized that the Service Center has scratched the windshield from inside and outside in the process of sticker removal. I didn't bother calling the service center and raised a complaint on "with you hamesha App", I received a call from the Service center 2 days later and they requested me to visit the Service center for them to check the issue. I visited the Service center on 5th May and upon inspection, India garage agreed to replace the windshield again considering the scratches.

I have one question to all the members on how to get a HSRP sticker replacement alone in Bangalore as the sticker on my windshield will not be usable anymore after the Windshield replacement.
Hey! I'm going to have to replace my windshield. Any tips regarding the process? I'm concerned about migrating the stickers, dashcam and stuff.
Old 24th July 2024, 05:52   #10440
BHPian

Hello everyone. I am based in Chennai and planning to buy an XUV700. Needed some help from the community regarding the process. I have the AX7L P AT in mind as I have never driven a diesel vehicle. Would've been happy with the AX7 but I'm upgrading from a 2014 Wagon-R, so I imagine I'll need the 360 degree camera to manage a car of this size.

Can any XUV700 owner from Chennai recommend which dealer to buy from? I am based in Anna Nagar and have visited MM Motors on Nelson Manickam Road as well as Zuleikha Motors at Ambattur, these two being nearest to me.

Any tips or warnings before I go ahead with the booking would be much appreciated. This is going to be the most expensive car purchased in my entire extended family, so I hope I am making the right decision. All inputs are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks