Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2024, 23:22   #10336
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
What's the major different between AX7 and AX7 Luxury verison in 2024? AX7 should make more sense vs. L pack now? I don't see any price cuts for the AX5 trim that was recently updated with more features

Below is the official announcement from M&M.
This page shows the difference between AX7 and AX7L.

https://www.mahindra.com/news-room/p...-at-19-49-lakh
PMK-MoJo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 06:55   #10337
Senior - BHPian

Is the price drop an indicator of facelift launch during festive season and company trying to clear out current stock?
Old 10th July 2024, 06:59   #10338
BHPian

Multiple ways to interpret this price cut.

1) General market sentiment - with overall housing unit sales arguably going down in the last several weeks (this noise is reaching its fever pitch in Hyderabad and Bengaluru). Same sentiment can be extrapolated to other expensive assets such as cars.

2) Was speaking with a M&M SA yesterday and he mentioned production issues are now addressed with the new plant, and this has put the supply/demand equation in favour of the consumer by the way of reducing waiting times. People who booked the car in the last 1m or so can confirm that.

3) Mahindra believes the car is now a bit long in the tooth with persistent infotainment issues and the ongoing battles with Safari, MG and the likes. And they want to just make this more consumer friendly in combination with #2, while also not ceding market share.

4) Even cars like Creta and Seltos have touched 25 lakhs in the market, and by bringing the price of their AX7 variants closer to this magic number (On road) within a range of 3 lakhs or so, M&M can expect at least a few aspirational consumers push their own frontiers.

5) Could be a new launch around the corner - probably they want to clear the production yard of all their inventory and then push the new variant into the market in next 4-6 months. This is the mistake Hyundai did with Alcazar, due to large inventory both with dealers and at their own yard, they faced a dealer pushback for the new launch, that now got delayed by a quarter or more.

So, the question is it worth taking the bait if you are in the market for a new car?
Old 10th July 2024, 11:05   #10339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Below is the official announcement from M&M.
This page shows the difference between AX7 and AX7L.

https://www.mahindra.com/news-room/p...-at-19-49-lakh
Thanks; confused between if the L pack features are worth the extra moolah or not! Why do companies have so many variants with prices differences like this that makes a buyer always second guess his choices
Old 10th July 2024, 12:21   #10340
BHPian

Just my few cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Multiple ways to interpret this price cut.
1) General market sentiment - with overall housing unit sales arguably going down in the last several weeks (this noise is reaching its fever pitch in Hyderabad and Bengaluru). Same sentiment can be extrapolated to other expensive assets such as cars.
The housing costs are sky rocketing. Compared to pre-covid, the housing rental have gone up 2 times. New apartment costs are 3 times. The unit sales are bound to fall, but not profitability for the real estate developers.

Quote:
2) Was speaking with a M&M SA yesterday and he mentioned production issues are now addressed with the new plant, and this has put the supply/demand equation in favour of the consumer by the way of reducing waiting times. People who booked the car in the last 1m or so can confirm that.
There was waiting period of more than 18 months so Mahindra was charging a premium to keep the bookings in check and to also investing in production capacity. Now that the production to delivery timeline is settled at an acceptable pace, they are now at an advantage to lower the product cost.

Quote:
3) Mahindra believes the car is now a bit long in the tooth with persistent infotainment issues and the ongoing battles with Safari, MG and the likes. And they want to just make this more consumer friendly in combination with #2, while also not ceding market share.
Agreed! also that AX5 prices were reduced a months ago. The price gap between AX5 to AX7 was large. It was bound to come down to bring the balance.

Quote:
So, the question is it worth taking the bait if you are in the market for a new car?
Mahindra just launched the XUV 3xO so there will be some time before another model is launched. There will be more EV variants for sure and those will sit at a price point above the current models.

Last edited by HillMan : 10th July 2024 at 12:25.
Old 10th July 2024, 13:53   #10341
BHPian

Another perspective to consider is the competition between Hyundai, Tata, and Mahindra for the No. 2 spot.

Hyundai’s Creta is its biggest success by far right now, but it is overpriced for higher variants. The price cut for the XUV700 has made it a very attractive option for potential Creta top-end buyers. (In fact, I have personally gone from considering the Creta SX(O) to the XUV AX5, and now to the AX7.)

The sales figures for the XUV700 are on an upward trajectory month-on-month. It was one of the top gainers in June. This shows that Mahindra’s strategy involves drawing customers away from Hyundai and taking aim at its No. 2 position.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 14:25   #10342

Meet the guy who got his XUV 700 AXL registered yesterday, yet to take delivery, and already poorer by 1.8 lacs due to this price correction. :(

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th July 2024 at 15:19.
jaglanR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 15:47   #10343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaglanR View Post
Meet the guy who got his XUV 700 AXL registered yesterday, yet to take delivery, and already poorer by 1.8 lacs due to this price correction. :(
And here I was, not able to sleep last night after taking delivery last Sunday. Totally feel for you brother. The uncertainties of life. Can't do much now, except couple of sleepless nights, ignoring this news and trying to enjoy the ride (while already thinking of additional accessories).

I am hopeful of this plan, as long as Mrs does not come across this news too.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 16:37   #10344

There was some scheme at dealer end that they will provide 30k accessories discount. Since last one week, dealer was saying that he has not got confirmation from Mahendra, if dealer can continue with this discount. Yesterday I told him not to delay registration process, and he went ahead.

And here comes today, I don't have accessories discount also, as due to price correction, they discontinued.
Double whammy.

But then, that's how it goes. Just move on.
jaglanR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 17:47   #10345
BHPian

Quote:
But then, that's how it goes. Just move on.
Yeah, don't fret it too much. There are folks like me who waited for years to get an allotment and folks that paid a premium to get it sooner.

It's only M&M that's laughing all the way to the bank.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 18:21   #10346
BHPian

Hi all,

Today I have switched my booking to an AX7 from an AX5 AT 7S Petrol with a different dealer as he has ready stock. I asked him about why this sudden price correction and he had no answer. AX5 from being the most VFM variant will now be the most undesired variant after the price correction. Feel for people who have taken AX5/Ax7/AX7L deliveries in the last week.

The 1.3 Lac jump from AX5 is no no-brainer in my case with the current pricing. The ADAS and front seat airbags alone make up for it, forget about all the other cosmetic goodies.

Also, both the previous dealer as well as the new dealer have no third-party PDI policy. One is in Noida(In fact the only one in Noida with four outlets of Mahindra in Noida and more in Delhi as of now) and the other one is in Ghaziabad(he also has multiple outlets in Ghaziabad and Delhi). The vehicle in stock is a May 2024-made vehicle but I am still not satisfied. Will be speaking with Zicardo guys to send someone without a uniform. This is just crazy. The vehicle will be brought to the showroom for PDI in the next couple of days.

Please direct me to a good set of foot mats. The GFX ones are good but high maintenance and the 7D mats available locally are just meh. Need something which has a base layer of GFX mats with a good quality noodle mat to collect the dust.

Last edited by Switch : 10th July 2024 at 18:23.
Switch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 20:00   #10347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
And here I was, not able to sleep last night after taking delivery last Sunday. Totally feel for you brother. The uncertainties of life. Can't do much now, except couple of sleepless nights, ignoring this news and trying to enjoy the ride (while already thinking of additional accessories).

Totally understand yours and others frustration. But as you said, enjoy the ride. It's an absolutely amazing vehicle!!

Last edited by SamDiablo : 10th July 2024 at 20:01.
SamDiablo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 20:12   #10348
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post

Just check posts a few pages earlier in this thread.

I recall reading a case where someone who had already taken delivery of an AX5 received a refund for the price difference following a price cut, even though the delivery had occurred just days prior.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 20:17   #10349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Hi all,
Today I have switched my booking to an AX7 from an AX5 AT 7S Petrol with a different dealer as he has ready stock.

The 1.3 Lac jump from AX5 is no no-brainer in my case with the current pricing. The ADAS and front seat airbags alone make up for it, forget about all the other cosmetic goodies.
Same here, was waiting for the updated AX5 DAT, just mailed the dealer today to change it to AX7 DAT. AX7 is a great VFM for this price.

Mentally prepared for a facelift after 4 months. Hope the changes aren't too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Please direct me to a good set of foot mats. The GFX ones are good but high maintenance and the 7D mats available locally are just meh. Need something which has a base layer of GFX mats with a good quality noodle mat to collect the dust.
Heard a lot of good things about Pharaoh mats. Though pricey at 10k.
Old 10th July 2024, 22:06   #10350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post

Mentally prepared for a facelift after 4 months. Hope the changes aren't too many

Heard a lot of good things about Pharaoh mats. Though pricey at 10k.
Did enquire about a facelift as well. The answer was a firm NO. Mahindra has already introduced 3X0 this year. The Thar 5 Door launch is imminent in the next 30-45 days(15th Aug mostly). Then there is the EV version of the XUV 700 around the corner, mostly by year-end. I believe there are already too many balls to juggle for Mahindra, now that they are also exporting the XUV700 so I don't see a facelift per se soon. Maybe this time next year, that too, just cosmetic with minor add-ons.

The price cut is mainly aimed towards the Hycross which is now eating XUV 700 sales due to UP Govt. subsidy. They can already see other states following the same in the coming months. Not to mention that this move also eats into the sales of Creta, Seltos and Japanese twins. Also, TATA has just reduced their Harrier and Safari pricing.

As for the Pharoah mats, they look good but again are not maintenance-free. The generic DIY noodle mats which I am using currently in my Breeza are just perfect. They cost me under 1K and are maintenance-free. Even after long trips they never look dirty. I am looking for something similar but better looking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks