Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2024, 20:26   #10321
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Just one question. Isn't the windshield drain cover made of plastic on which they attach the clamp ? Hope it doesnt cause any issue due to the weight.
No the weight is taken by the bracket attached to body. You can watch the installation video
sunilsoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 20:32   #10322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
To be clear: If I press the lock/unlock buttons on key fobs, everything works fine. However, in test drive vehicle I had seen this work (in User manual also it is referred and it’s called PEK).
Congratulations! on your buy and happy miles.

Your just got your car, I feel the excitement, good to be inquisitive. There are a lot of features in the car.

When I got my XUV, there was a training arranged the next day. So one person from the showroom came home to give a full walk around of all the features. He also helped configure soma basic stuffs like, setting the favourite option on the cluster display, set the key fob one click to open only the driver door and two clicks for all doors etc.

Hopefully the same is with you as well. It is better than reading that bulky user manual. I would have never known there is a tailgate safety release lever from inside

There are quick videos on this link as well.
Mahindra DIY XUV 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Price is steep though. A pair of structs from Mahindra; either the tailgate one or the XUV500 hood one costs around Rs. 1300.
Yeah the price seems a bit high, but the brackets seem to be well thought. Or is it that Mahindra has omitted the struts for the India spec variants and TRAC is just producing the OEM brackets.

Last edited by HillMan : 8th July 2024 at 20:56.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 06:57   #10323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Hopefully the same is with you as well. It is better than reading that bulky user manual. I would have never known there is a tailgate safety release lever from inside
You have hit the nail on it’s head - I am little weird in the way that I would read the user manual to it’s last page. Just gives me the feeling that I owe it to my car to know how it’s supposed to be handled.

Not just the manual, yes I have also covered the Mahindra Youtube videos that you are referring.
I have already sorted most features I bought the car for - whatever you have mentioned (only driver door unlock, emergency boot release, emergency fuel lid release, repairing of keys, expanded map in instrument cluster, ADAS, etc).

This niggle (keyless entry) is the last of the lot left.
If the answer is Mr Demo or Mr ASC, then will try that too. Just thought of saving time, in case there was a simpler trick that I missed.
Old 9th July 2024, 08:48   #10324
BHPian

Quote:
You have hit the nail on it’s head - I am little weird in the way that I would read the user manual to it’s last page. Just gives me the feeling that I owe it to my car to know how it’s supposed to be handled.

This niggle (keyless entry) is the last of the lot left.
If the answer is Mr Demo or Mr ASC, then will try that too. Just thought of saving time, in case there was a simpler trick that I missed.
I am the type that likes to fiddle around and a DIY person. It brings me lot of satisfaction to solve the puzzle. I only skim thru the books to know what is available on the menu I learn by practicals.
I make sure to use every feature to full paisa vasool.

Unfortunately keyless entry is not in my drive to find a solution. May be the feature is disabled by default. Someone with AX7 should pitch in.

Last edited by HillMan : 9th July 2024 at 08:51.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 09:47   #10325
BHPian

Quote:
Quick callout for help: The touted keyless entry (where you just keep the key in hand/trousers without physically pressing unlock button on key) using a press on the driver side handle is not working at all in my case.
Anyone wiser than me who managed to sort this without involving trip to ASC? I tried reading the manual, scouring the settings in car, researching the internet, but no answer yet except ASC.
Try pairing the key again with the car by placing it in the key fob tray. I know this does not make sense as the key fob works when you press it to lock/unlock but this is what I do when the key less entry sometimes stops working for me.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 09:54   #10326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Try pairing the key again with the car by placing it in the key fob tray. I know this does not make sense as the key fob works when you press it to lock/unlock but this is what I do when the key less entry sometimes stops working for me.
Thanks mate! However, since delivery that (fob tray in armrest) is where I usually keep my key in anyways. There were lot of online references and youtube videos explaining the consequence of not doing so, thus did not place the key anywhere else.

Did not even put a key chain on, as key chain would not fit in the fob tray along with the key fob.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 10:05   #10327
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate! However, since delivery that (fob tray in armrest) is where I usually keep my key in anyways. There were lot of online references and Youtube videos explaining the consequence of not doing so, thus did not place the key anywhere else.

Did not even put a key chain on, as key chain would not fit in the fob tray along with the key fob.
May be keeping the key always in the tray is the problem
On a more serious note; I don't think it always needs to be in the tray. The manual says this:
"The Key fob is to be kept in the above shown key fob tray when the system requests, like in the case of the below error message in the instrument cluster."

At times it takes couple of attempts for the key less entry to work and also you need to press the handle a bit deeper into the slot.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 10:20   #10328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
May be keeping the key always in the tray is the problem
On a more serious note; I don't think it always needs to be in the tray.
Actually a very good point. Will give this a shot (pocket the key instead) and worse case wait for legendary Mr/Miss Demo to enlighten me. Will update here if I find the solution any ways. Thanks team!
Old 9th July 2024, 11:47   #10329
BHPian

Wiper blades

Has anyone replaced the wiper blades with non-OEM ones? Boodmo and may other sites seem to indicate that the from wiper blades are 24" and 19". I measured and it came out to be 24" and 15". Wiper in oriparts takes me to this Boodmo page, where it says 19" but the picture shows 15" for the passenger side. Autoclean, a decently rated brand on Amazon, suggests 16", which may fit.

I am not happy with the quality of OEM wipers; it lasts me exactly one year before it start making sound and leaving streaks. I am considering Valeo or Schaeffler based on recommendations in the wiper thread (The 'Wiper Blade' Thread) but would like to see if anyone has a recommendation specific for XUV700.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 18:50   #10330
BHPian

https://www.moneycontrol.com/automob...-12765410.html

Good News for new buyers of XUV 700
Mahindra & Mahindra on July 9 announced a new price for its top XUV 700 variant, reducing it to Rs 19.49 lakh.
The new price has been announced for AX7 variant ahead of XUV700's third anniversary.
The original price of the variant was Rs 21.54 lakh.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 9th July 2024 at 19:04.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 20:08   #10331
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post

Good News for new buyers of XUV 700
Mahindra & Mahindra on July 9 announced a new price for its top XUV 700 variant, reducing it to Rs 19.49 lakh.
The original price of the variant was Rs 21.54 lakh.

I guess the new prices will be reflected tomorrow onwards. I hope the price is reduced for all the top end variants i.e. AT/MT DSL/PET. The price 21.54 was for AX7 Petrol MT Dual Tone.
Just noticed that the top variant for this combination is AX7 and not AX7L, and maybe that's why the news article mentioned AX7 everywhere. And, I was wondering, why are they calling AX7 as top variant...
bbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 21:48   #10332
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-aea30b8f4a934737b2ed8bc31afce8cc.jpeg
Here is the new price list for all variants
PMK-MoJo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 22:13   #10333
BHPian

The price cut, which is in high single digit percentages, for the AX7 variants is pretty significant.

Is it a sign of slowdown in auto sector and overall economy?
Old 9th July 2024, 22:36   #10334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Attachment 2625590
Here is the new price list for all variants
What's the major different between AX7 and AX7 Luxury verison in 2024? AX7 should make more sense vs. L pack now? I don't see any price cuts for the AX5 trim that was recently updated with more features
Old 9th July 2024, 22:36   #10335
BHPian

Had bought the AX7 L P AT 7 Str at it's peak 25.29 Lakhs ex-showroom price in March. Seeing the price go down significantly by 1.8 Lakhs ( even more when accounting the on-road taxes on the reduced amount ) does sting but well, the car has been part of some good memories in these few months so can't do much can we?

The recent news of 60,000 cr worth of unsold inventory of cars does reflect now with all these discounts being offered across various companies in disguise of "anniversary" and "special" prices.

Hyping up the market with the "high waiting time" strategy was going to bite these companies back sometime sooner or later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks