Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 12:24   #10306
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

AX5 D MT - 22kms complete (Nov '22 manufactured). Gave for 20k kms service and requested engine oil change to V4 as this has been recommended as possible remediation to reduce engine vibration that started occurring post 10k service.

Some Qs:
1. Reverse camera stopped working in only 1 yr and I was asked to replace for Rs.4.5k. Has others faced similar issue? Camera wearing out in just 1 year is a bad quality control from Mahindra.
2. While many in the forum were recommended break pads replacements even at 12k+ kms, even after 22k kms even after I explicitly asked for status. Is that fine?
3. Thinking of changing tyres (currently with default MRF). Any good recommendation? Budget not an issue. Looking for better safety and driving experience. I mostly take the car on highways - fully loaded. Mostly dry roads and occasionally in rain.
4. Will installing dashcam void warranty? Can you please suggest recommendations in Chennai ?
5. Any chance of 360 camera installation? Afraid of any non-recommended mods ( especially until the 5th year extended warranty ends)

Happy to take up any Qs from fellow BHPians. Btw, TPMS on ax5 works like a charm.
Old 7th July 2024, 16:19   #10307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
2. While many in the forum were recommended break pads replacements even at 12k+ kms, even after 22k kms even after I explicitly asked for status. Is that fine?

4. Will installing dashcam void warranty? Can you please suggest recommendations in Chennai ?
2. Brake pads don't wear out based on kms. If you are driving well without much of hard breaking, it will last long.

4. I'll recommend Qubo or 70mai. No it will not void warranty. XUV has dedicated ports that can be used without cutting any wires.

Last edited by HillMan : 7th July 2024 at 16:23.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 17:57   #10308

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5787305 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5787355 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Follow these posts, had gone to the service centre when the same thing occurred with me. My guess is that it was more of a sudden electronic communication failure which seems to happen only when the car was parking that is shifting when D to R or vice verse in all the posts I have read about regarding this and with my own experience. The service centre which I went to couldn’t reproduce this issue nor could narrow down to give me a good statement about what could have happened. ChatGPT on the other hand gave a much better comprehensive and technical explanation of the issue. Please share with us what your SA has to say on this. Posting the error codes of my 700 when it was in the service centre for your reference in the links above.
Thanks for your response. Will take it to service center and get it checked.
Old 7th July 2024, 18:55   #10309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
4. I'll recommend Qubo or 70mai. No it will not void warranty. XUV has dedicated ports that can be used without cutting any wires.
Can you please advise which port to use for the dash camera installation? I asked my SA, and he refused, stating it’s not possible. I want to install a hardwired kit that only works when the ignition is on. Any photos of the same will be of great help. Mine is AX7.
Old 7th July 2024, 19:29   #10310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Can you please advise which port to use for the dash camera installation?
I was not physically present for the installation. It was done by the Accessories team. The connection goes from the left side dashboard. A picture of the same is posted here. post5794773 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
Do check with someone from the accessories team. It was an additional work not part of the official list of accessories in the brochure.
Old 7th July 2024, 21:10   #10311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Can you please advise which port to use for the dash camera installation? I asked my SA, and he refused, stating it’s not possible. I want to install a hardwired kit that only works when the ignition is on. Any photos of the same will be of great help. Mine is AX7.
If you want the Dashcam to work only when ignition is on ,hardwiring is not required.

AX7 has a cigarette lighter port in third row which can be utilised for powering Dashcam ,this port has power till the time ignition is on.I wanted to keep front ports free for any other requirement.

You might need a long wire or USB extender for front Dashcam depending on model you select.

I have installed Viofo A229 Plus and the wire length was sufficient till third row.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 03:06   #10312

Did any of the AX5 owners try to get the intelli control installed and activated in their AX5s?
I already got TPMS activated thanks to RavenAvi's post. I really want to get it activated. It looks fantastic and also the added convinience of controlling the Infotainment.
Please chime in if anyone has any info. Any and all inputs are welcome.
Old 8th July 2024, 09:54   #10313
BHPian

I’m excited to share that I have successfully installed hood struts (bonnet lift) on my XUV 700. I decided to go with the hood struts and bracket installation kit from TRAC Systems, and I am pleased with the results.

Since purchasing my XUV 700 AX5 in 2022, I missed the convenience of the hood lift I had installed on my Polo. Recently, I came across a post on Instagram from Hybrid Customs, Manimajra (Chandigarh). They had installed the kit on a Scorpio N. After calling them, I found out that a kit was also available for the XUV 700. I visited their shop to see the product personally. The kit, by TRAC Automotive Systems, includes two struts, mounting brackets, and the necessary bolts.

The installation process took less than 20 minutes, and I am really happy with the results. The hood now lifts effortlessly, making access to the engine compartment much more convenient.

Installation Video:

Additionally, I had been facing an issue with my XUV pulling to the left. Every time I visited the service centre, they said it was normal behaviour for the vehicle, which was frustrating. Since Harbir Mahindra Automobiles in Chandigarh doesn't have a wheel balancing machine, I usually go to MRF T&S Wheel Dress in Manimajra. While waiting for my turn, I discussed the problem with a technician there. He assured me they had the XUV 700 data in their system and could try the alignment. I hesitated initially because of the SAP sensor that requires recalibration, but I eventually gave the go-ahead. To my delight, the XUV now runs in a straight line.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20240708-09.10.17.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20240708-09.10.18-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20240708-09.10.18.jpeg  

sunilsoft is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 10:19   #10314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I’m excited to share that I have successfully installed hood struts (bonnet lift) on my XUV 700. I decided to go with the hood struts and bracket installation kit from TRAC Systems, and I am pleased with the results.
This is pretty neat and can be installed DIY. How much did the struts kit cost you?

I miss the one hand convenience, since my Duster had bonnet struts and never had trouble thru my ownership of 11 years, not even a squeak.

I feel for large heavy bonnets vehicles the struts should be standard.
Old 8th July 2024, 11:03   #10315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
This is pretty neat and can be installed DIY. How much did the struts kit cost you?

I miss the one hand convenience, since my Duster had bonnet struts and never had trouble thru my ownership of 11 years, not even a squeak.

I feel for large heavy bonnets vehicles the struts should be standard.
The cost of the kit is Rs. 5000 and yes it can be easily installed as DIY.

I remember XUV 500 used to have the struts in the top-end variant and in the name of cost-cutting the manufacturers are deleting useful features.
sunilsoft is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:29   #10316
BHPian

Quote:
The cost of the kit is Rs. 5000
I remember XUV 500 used to have the struts in the top-end variant.
The solution is neat and useful for XUV700 considering that the hood is heavy. Any way of checking the clearance once it is closed, especially on the passenger side?

Price is steep though. A pair of structs from Mahindra; either the tailgate one or the XUV500 hood one costs around Rs. 1300. I would have installed it if the price was around Rs. 2000. Probably the company which is manufacturing this cannot take advantage of volume to lower the prices.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:52   #10317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
The solution is neat and useful for XUV700 considering that the hood is heavy. Any way of checking the clearance once it is closed, especially on the passenger side?

Price is steep though.
I have checked the passenger side clearance and its ok. Yes I know the price is on a higher side but there are not much options regards to brackets and if you even measure them and then go for CNC it would cost the same.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 8th July 2024 at 17:53. Reason: typo
sunilsoft is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 18:50   #10318
BHPian

Quote:
I have checked the passenger side clearance and its ok. Yes I know the price is on a higher side but there are not much options regards to brackets and if you even measure them and then go for CNC it would cost the same.
Just one question. Isn't the windshield drain cover made of plastic on which they attach the clamp ? Hope it doesnt cause any issue due to the weight.
Old 8th July 2024, 19:42   #10319

Hi,

Anyone in Bangalore installed a separate subwoofer amplifier and subwoofer in AX7L ?

I believe there is no pre-out from infotainment system, hence we have to use the speaker cable going to default subwoofer as input to the amplifier.

I would like to experience and decide whether it is worth adding subwoofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
You have done well. My front brake pads were changed at 18k (warning came and I got it changed after driving for another 100 km). Rear brake pads were changed at 22 k. On this thread and on Whatsapp group of Bangalore xuv700 owners I have seen many folks replacing front brake pads before 25k.
Can you please DM me the details of WhatsApp group of Bangalore XUV700 owners. I would like to join

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th July 2024 at 19:57. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks!
Old 8th July 2024, 20:03   #10320
BHPian

Hi,
Finally got delivery of my AX7L Petrol AT yesterday! Yay. The car is definitely putting smile on my face with it’s performance. However, as I was expecting the gadgets are taking time to be my friends.

Quick callout for help: The touted keyless entry (where you just keep the key in hand/trousers without physically pressing unlock button on key) using a press on the driver side handle is not working at all in my case.
Anyone wiser than me who managed to sort this without involving trip to ASC? I tried reading the manual, scouring the settings in car, researching the internet, but no answer yet except ASC.

To be clear: If I press the lock/unlock buttons on key fobs, everything works fine. However, in test drive vehicle I had seen this work (in User manual also it is referred and it’s called PEK).

Also, can someone please confirm the latest Adrenox version that should be running in the car? If you haven’t guessed it yet, yes my Apple CarPlay keeps dropping (tried wired and wireless both) starting from 1st hour of my drive.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks