Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 12:24   #10291
bbv
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
PDI with Zekardo was no drama at all for the dealership team.
Just a question about the PDI: It seems you got the PDI done at the stockyard. In my case, they said that it will be happening at the showroom and after upfront payment. So, in your case also, was it after you made the whole payment?
Old 3rd July 2024, 12:43   #10292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbv View Post
Just a question about the PDI: It seems you got the PDI done at the stockyard. In my case, they said that it will be happening at the showroom and after upfront payment. So, in your case also, was it after you made the whole payment?
Maybe I should have been more specific, apologies. I meant Showroom's stockyard (which was 500 metres away from the actual showroom). The Sales Agent had also told me PDI will be done at Showroom but, when he took me to see another vehicle of same color (for my reference) he explained that PDI is done at a closeby stockyard, rather than the actual Showroom.

My PDI was done once I paid the booking amount (Rs 21000). I only released the actual payment, once PDI was completed and the sales advisor assured me the two niggles found will be addressed before the delivery.

Highly recommend you to not agree for fill payment prior to PDI (defeats the purpose as then you will be the one with biggest stake).

Suggest to try and talk to Sales Manager and make him see sense. If that too does not bear fruit, recommend trying another dealer.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:26   #10293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbv View Post
That would defeat the purpose and you won't have much leverage if you pay upfront and aren't happy with the PDI. Please release funds only when PDI is successful. If push comes to shove and dealer is not budging then get it in writing that they will allot another car to you without much delay if you are not OK with PDI results. Also, they should not start RTO process without your consent. Because once car is registered then there is nothing much you can do.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd July 2024 at 18:41.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 08:38   #10294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekravi777 View Post
Hi all, how do yo feel about the auto start -stop feature in XUV 700? I feel it's highly over rated!

Do you guys use it or disable it?

I'm worried on the multiple times of start of engine with AC on in traffic signals and even if I apply brake in slow moving traffic the engine stops automatically and when brake is released it again starts.
I disable it during city drives and leave it on for long drives.
Old 4th July 2024, 18:57   #10295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
In short for now TPMS can not be enabled on the 2024 AX5 Diesel MT models.
Finally the TPMS worked.
The access available with the service center did not allow them to do any software configuration changes on the new AX5.

So finally tech team of Mahindra took remote access to the laptop and completed the setup. They did some software patch updates before enabling the TPMS. It took around 45 mins to enable the TPMS feature. Then it was just follow the instructions on the screen. Reduce the blow of tyre in a sequence for the system to detect the sensor for the tyre and show a confirmation.
The tyre pressure is not exact on the display. Filled 36psi on all four. It indicated 34,36,33,34 psi in the tyres. After 2km drive it has settled down to 38,38,33,33 which is ok. I'm told the system trains itself.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240704_1503392.jpg

The intent is to know when there is a leak. On highways with low feedback from tyres and music playing, it is easy to miss the feel of a punctured tyre. With this when pressure falls to around 26psi on any tyre a telltale indicator blinks to indicate low tyre pressure.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th July 2024 at 07:26. Reason: mine edit
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 21:24   #10296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
The intent is to know when there is a leak. On highways with low feedback from tyres and music playing, it is easy to miss the feel of a punctured tyre. With this when pressure falls to around 26psi on any tyre a telltale indicator blinks to indicate low tyre pressure.
It will show exact PSi and Temp. If all 4 tyres are filled to 32, it will show 32 exactly on all 4. You can also observe how it changes as they warm up while driving.

Rest the vehicle overnight and then fill to correct PSi early morning with a portable inflator at home.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 23:18   #10297
BHPian

Went to Punj Mahindra Hoshiarpur (PB) for the lower arm replacement. The service adviser, Daljeet Kumar, was very helpful. As my service was scheduled for this replacement, he quickly assigned someone for the job.
After the replacement, I was informed about the latest version available for the Diesel AX7L AT - 10.31.81, whereas mine was 10.27.61. Since my CarPlay was not working (2/10), I immediately gave the green light for the update.
After the update, I was informed by the same (COTAK) guy who deals with the software that the soot collection was about 14 and that regen would take place around 18, so he performed a forced regen.
Overall, it took 5 hours for everything, but my experience at Punj Mahindra was completely different from what it was like 6 months ago.
I would like to congratulate Mahindra on this improvement. There is still much more pending, but it was much better than I was expecting.
I hope the team is working on improving the brand image, as Mahindra aims to capture the market.
Here are Few Pictures from today's visit.

Lower arm replacement:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9657.jpgMahindra XUV700 Review-img_9658.jpg

Before and after software update:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9741.jpgMahindra XUV700 Review-img_9750.jpg

Force Regen in Progress:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9744.jpg
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 02:05   #10298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Another WEIRD niggle cropped-up yesterday!
This happened to me last night when I driving to Chandigarh from Gurgaon. Stopped for a coffee break and came back to the car, and it refused to open. Tried the Adrenox app and it also couldn't open the car. Then manually opened the car using the key fob and car alarms went blazing. But the car thankfully turned on and I started driving, the alarms stopped after a bit, and then I drove non-stop to Chandigarh. On reaching, again the car refused to unlock - I again had to manually unlock and car, and woke up the whole neighbourhood at 1:30 am. Then, I let the car be, just locked it manually and came inside. Just before sleeping, I tried unlocking the car and it blinked and opened like nothing wrong ever happened.

What I need to check from you is if this issue has repeated for you ever since. And if not, can I ignore visiting the SSC, and continue driving?

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th July 2024 at 07:29. Reason: Quoted post trimmed, edits. Please proofread before posting.
arsh9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 14:54   #10299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
What I need to check from you is if this issue has repeated for you ever since ?
This happened with me in the very first month of my ownership. But I was lucky that the car responded to the Adrenox app and the doors opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
And if not, can I ignore visiting the SSC, and continue driving ?
Yes, most probably. This same isuue has not happened again with me and my car is now 24 months old. You'll probably fail to replicate this scene before the ASC people and it is useless to even think that they will be able to figure out the problem. So enjoy your car and pray to "Mahindra Baba" that this does not happen again.

None-the-less, next time you visit the ASC for a routine job, remember to record the issue in your RO - for record purpose.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 15:17   #10300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljain1212 View Post
Thank you, and wishing you too many happy miles with smiles. I finally decided to get PPF done for the full vehicle, went for garware film based on recommendation from a friend who is a dealer in accessories. PPF being done now, expecting to take home on Wednesday.
Just updating on this: Took delivery of the vehicle (after Ppf) yesterday. Got accessories installed outside, along with dashcam (which wasn't in my original list of accessories). For Ppf, I was strongly recommended GARWARE, which apparently ,though expensive, is the best quality. Went for premium with 8 years warranty.

The feel of driving the vehicle on the road is of a different level, loving it. And trying to understand how to use the features. Will post here if any question.

Thanks friends for your inputs and support.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240702wa0033.jpg  

rahuljain1212 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 17:50   #10301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljain1212 View Post

The feel of driving the vehicle on the road is of a different level, loving it.
Congrats on your purchase

So what car were you driving previously. And please share a detailed driving experience.
Old 6th July 2024, 13:48   #10302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
It will show exact PSi and Temp. If all 4 tyres are filled to 32, it will show 32 exactly on all 4. You can also observe how it changes as they warm up while driving.
Good advice and worked exactly like you said.
Picture tho banta hai
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240706wa0015.jpg
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 14:00   #10303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Motorist_45 View Post
AX5 has following features over MX
1. Touch start-stop button.
2. 10 inch digital instrument cluster with connected car feature(6 speaker instead of 4)
3. ESP
4. Panoramic Skyroof
5. LED DRLs (Although it is also having Halogen bulbs in headlight)
6. Rear Defogger and wiper
7. Shark fin Antena
8. Sunglass Holder

Is it advisable to pay 3 lacs more for these features listed above ?
I would not pay for any of the features mentioned except Rear defogger & ESP. But I would gladly pay 3L for the improved power and torque that you get in the AX diesel variants. The features you get could be an addon.

However the same is not true for the Petrol variants where the MX is a much better value.
oxyzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 20:10   #10304

Hi guys , today was a shocking experience for me.

As usual it's been a week since I got my XUV 700 AX7L Diesel AT and I went for a drive and came home and then I'm parking , I felt the steering tight and parking brake won't engage and engine won't shut off even after pressing the stop button.

Got multiple alerts on display saying

Check EPS system and attention assist malfunction.

Tried all tricks and nothing worked.

I panicked and called customer care and I was furious at them for this to happen to a week old car!

Then technician connected me via call and asked me to hold the stop button for 3 seconds and then finally engine shut off.

Then I re-start engine , all alerts disappeared and the service manager said its a software glitch.

He said nothing to worry such things happen and it can be checked during first service at 1000kms.

Im not taking it for granted and I'm going to service center tomorrow and getting this checked and verified .

Pls advise if such things has occured to you guys as well and what should I do ? I need your help.

These are error codes for reference !
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240706wa0006.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240706wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th July 2024 at 20:43. Reason: Back to Back posts merged.
Abhishekravi777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 06:23   #10305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekravi777 View Post

Pls advise if such things has occured to you guys as well and what should I do ? I need your help.

These are error codes for reference !
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5787305 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5787355 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Follow these posts, had gone to the service centre when the same thing occurred with me. My guess is that it was more of a sudden electronic communication failure which seems to happen only when the car was parking that is shifting when D to R or vice verse in all the posts I have read about regarding this and with my own experience. The service centre which I went to couldn’t reproduce this issue nor could narrow down to give me a good statement about what could have happened. ChatGPT on the other hand gave a much better comprehensive and technical explanation of the issue. Please share with us what your SA has to say on this. Posting the error codes of my 700 when it was in the service centre for your reference in the links above.

Last edited by LIQUID~THOUGHTS : 7th July 2024 at 06:26. Reason: Adding points
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks