Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2024, 23:41   #10261

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbv View Post
I am in the same boat as I have booked AX7L DAT and decided to not spend on PPF, as I think the debri etc. won't be that big a deal in a city environment (i.e. with low speed driving) and instead was thinking earlier for a bug deflector that should ideally deflect such small particles too. But, then the dealer told that they don't sell (even the Mahindra genuine one) as it tends to accumulate dust and if in case it is removed later on, it leaves a patch. So, not sure about it right now.

In addition to these, I may get magnetic sun-shades.
@bbv, thanks for sharing your thoughts. What have you finally decided regarding PPF? Our accessories preference looks the same. I will also add magnetic sun-shades to my list. As for scuff plates, I also prefer the plain ones. I am still undecided on the rear bumper protector, but leaning towards buying it. I happened to download the PDI checklist from the same cheetah group, which you shared the link. So, all set. Just PPF and rear bumper protector decision pending

Thanks!
Old 28th June 2024, 12:28   #10262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljain1212 View Post
Update:
The delivery of the new XUV 700 (Diesel), AT AX7, is lined up for tomorrow.
Congratulations! Wish you many happy miles and smiles with the new car.

Please buy the maximum extended warranty possible first and then spend on accessories.

As many have pointed out, it is possible to negotiate a 10% discount on Mahindra accessories.

I have booked in the same color. Delivery is next month. Planning to get only mats (from Gfx/Pharaoh) mudguard flaps and screen protector (from showroom) for now.

May get the side step later if needed.

A question to those using Pharaoh mats: are they as good as made out to be? The amazon reviews aren't so great. Gfx is half the price + available locally.

Last edited by naru80 : 28th June 2024 at 12:34.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 16:56   #10263
BHPian

For accessories I find the floor lamination to be the best as it is very easy to clean.
What I did was got floor lamination and then cut home rubber floor mats to size and placed inside the XUV. Because of large space you dont have to do much of cutting.

List of accessories I went with:

Necessity:
- Mud flap set - protect from road debris thrown by tyre.
- Corner protector - Save the bumpers also looks good.
- Full floor lamination - Thick mat that is velcro fitted seamlessly over the floor carpet. No open edges.
- Scratch guard for the large instrument cluster.
- 12V socket for Dashcam - XUV has a port for it. Turns On when you unlock doors and turns Off after a while of locking from key fob.

Aesthetic:
- Window surround chrome - Gives premium feel.

Misc:
- Rear Guard Steel - Save you in bumper to bumper from bikes. Can use it as a step as well for cleaning or loading.
- Side Foot Steps - for senior citizens. Manindra official accessor is pretty sleek.

Above ones are from Mahindra accessories.

From 3M got PPF done for:
- ORVM
- Door sills.
- Headlight.
- B & C piano black pillars which are prone to scratches.

Last edited by HillMan : 28th June 2024 at 17:08.
Old 28th June 2024, 20:57   #10264
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljain1212 View Post
I am still undecided on the rear bumper protector, but leaning towards buying it. Just PPF and rear bumper protector decision pending
About rear bumper protection, I think there is also something like an applique, which sticks to bumper, giving it some protection from scratches (a bigger impact may result in safety issue with rear guard?), and also a different look. I think this was mentioned in this post : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5758965 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
- 12V socket for Dashcam - XUV has a port for it. Turns On when you unlock doors and turns Off after a while of locking from key fob.
Would it be same as the one provided at third row? If so, do you have it in a way that looks like OEM fit somewhere on the dashboard? For example, can this then also be used for tyre inflator?

Quote:
From 3M got PPF done for:
- ORVM
- Door sills.
- Headlight.
- B & C piano black pillars which are prone to scratches.
Could you also please tell how much it costed? By any chance, did you ask the cost for the front/back bumpers too?
bbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 23:05   #10265
BHPian

Quote:
Would it be same as the one provided at third row?
No. The third row gets power only in ACC mode. The dashcam connection comes from dashboard.

Quote:
Could you also please tell how much it costed? By any chance, did you ask the cost for the front/back bumpers too?
3M PPF done for:
- ORVM including the turn indicators
- Door sills. Including the boot.
- Headlight.
- B & C piano black pillars which are prone to scratches

Cost 12k for the above. PPF costs ₹480/sqft

Last edited by HillMan : 28th June 2024 at 23:16.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 00:00   #10266
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
2. When in Neutral, if I press brake pedal, I get a low tuck sound, seems coming from underneath the Gear lever. I have only noticed it when in a quiet environment.
That's normal. It's the sound of your gear lever unlocking. Remember, you can't slot the gear from P to R or from N to R without pressing the break pedal. It's a safety feature.
RVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 00:13   #10267

Hi all, how do yo feel about the auto start -stop feature in XUV 700? I feel it's highly over rated!

Do you guys use it or disable it?

I'm worried on the multiple times of start of engine with AC on in traffic signals and even if I apply brake in slow moving traffic the engine stops automatically and when brake is released it again starts.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th June 2024 at 00:27. Reason: multiple typos and extra space before punctuation.
Abhishekravi777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 09:06   #10268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekravi777 View Post
Hi all, how do yo feel about the auto start -stop feature in XUV 700? I feel it's highly over rated!

I'm worried on the multiple times of start of engine with AC on in traffic signals and even if I apply brake in slow moving traffic the engine stops automatically and when brake is released it again starts.
Auto start stop is a nuisance to deal with. While moving at slow speeds in Bangalore traffic it just switches off the car. We have a Jeep
Compass at which my Dad uses and that car doesn’t have such a sensitive Auto start stop. Activation happens only after few seconds of stopping the car fully. Mahindra should have fine tuned this feature better as i find my self reaching to the auto start stop turn off button every time i am in slow moving traffic so that the car doesn't stop abruptly.
tatrahumvee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 21:20   #10269
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
No. The third row gets power only in ACC mode. The dashcam connection comes from dashboard.
I don't understand. There is a 12v socket for third row, which is the only one in the whole car. But, I would expect it to be functional whenever the car is on (even engine off), why is it dependent upon ACC?

What I wanted to ask is that have you added a similar 12v socket on the dashboard also, which then can also be used by other devices, for example, to power a tyre inflator?
Old 30th June 2024, 00:28   #10270
BHPian

Quote:
What I wanted to ask is that have you added a similar 12v socket on the dashboard also, which then can also be used by other devices, for example, to power a tyre inflator?
I have the 12v socket connected and placed inside the panel along with a USB charger. So I don't have it visible. All wires are concealed. This switches On when doors are unlocked and stays On for around 30secs after engine is shut down and doors are locked.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240614wa0022.jpg
The 12v socket at the 3rd row will turn on only when you press the star button once. This 12v power supply will turn On and Off along with your media even though engine is Off.

Last edited by HillMan : 30th June 2024 at 00:41.
Old 30th June 2024, 11:41   #10271
BHPian

Noted actor Upendra Limaye has become the latest to take delivery of the XUV 700 ��

He is back in news after his superb cameo in the movie- Animal.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-12ec51aba8d04484ab2ba105db2de39f.jpeg  

IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2024, 17:55   #10272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekravi777 View Post

My car has run just 1200kms and I am using the auto start stop feature as it is set by default. I am now used to the way it functions and comfortable with it.
Only annoyance is the AC also turns off with the engine stop, which is an expected behavior. So I turn off the feature only during afternoons when the temperature is soaring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post
Mahindra should have fine tuned this feature better as i find my self reaching to the auto start stop turn off button every time i am in slow moving traffic so that the car doesn't stop abruptly.
The engine turns Off the minute you release the clutch after changing the gear to neutral. And the engine turns On as soon as you press the clutch even before you change to 1st gear (within 2 seconds)
I have also noticed the engine not turning off always. If the start stop has happened few times in a short journey, it will keep the engine running. I have also seen the engine stop not happening when I am rolling down in slow moving traffic on a slope and change to Neutral and controlling the speed with brakes.

So I looked up the manual to find the conditions and here it is:
For auto stop to happen, the following conditions are to be met:
• Engine Stop/Start system is in active condition by default and should not be turned off using the selection switch
• Bonnet is fully closed
• In the current ignition cycle, the vehicle has crossed 7 kmph at least once
• Current status of the engine is idling
• Vehicle speed is zero
• Accelerator pedal and clutch pedal are fully released
• Vehicle battery should be in healthy condition
• Engine is warm (Engine coolant temperature is between 25 degree C and 100 degree C). This is an extra precaution to ensure safe working of the engine
• Fuel temperature is less than 60 degree C
• Gear in neutral
• DPF REGEN should not be in active state
• Vehicle should not have DEF error codes E14, E24 & E34l
• OBD and CHECK ENGINE telltale in OFF condition

For auto start to happen, the following conditions are to be met:
• Vehicle should have been stopped by the Engine Stop/Start System
• Gear lever is in the neutral position, Clutch pedal is fully de-pressed
• Vehicle speed is zero
• Engine Stop/Start System is in active state
• Bonnet should be closed

Reference XUV700 User Manual

Last edited by HillMan : 30th June 2024 at 17:59.
Old 30th June 2024, 20:20   #10273

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Congratulations! Wish you many happy miles and smiles with the new car.

Please buy the maximum extended warranty possible first and then spend on accessories.

As many have pointed out, it is possible to negotiate a 10% discount on Mahindra accessories.

I have booked in the same color. Delivery is next month. Planning to get only mats (from Gfx/Pharaoh) mudguard flaps and screen protector (from showroom) for now.

May get the side step later if needed.

A question to those using Pharaoh mats: are they as good as made out to be? The amazon reviews aren't so great. Gfx is half the price + available locally.
Thank you, and wishing you too many happy miles with smiles. I finally decided to get PPF done for the full vehicle, went for garware film based on recommendation from a friend who is a dealer in accessories. PPF being done now, expecting to take home on Wednesday.
Old 1st July 2024, 00:54   #10274
BHPian

Re: Ax7 D At

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

1) No warning - only the base plate is intact in the last picture. The friction material is worn down the last hair thickness. Some cars have a physical part/plate that screams out a screech that would make you stop the car and goto a mechanic asap. Wonder why Mahindra does not have it. EDIT EDIT -- I see a wire out of a pad. Did that sensor not do its work. It is usually thermal sensor, usually a RTD or a PT100 - it should give a preset thermal warning to the ECU if the pad is too thin. You may want to check if it is working or not.

2) SA Advised - very homely/sweet person.. lol Any other guy would have yelled out to you 'how did you drive the pad to the base plate'!

EDIT - some pics for your reference

It is called a squealer for a reason. I used to physically cut off the clip on new pads, I used to extract that extra 1000-2000kms out of the pads, I would not recomend that if you are not a petrol head.

Attachment 2621127

Attachment 2621128

Pain in the *** Electronic sensors (expensive)
Attachment 2621129

CREDIT to all picture owners off Google search...

Oh boy! You got it wrong. The brake pads have good 2-3 mm left and were good for another few 100 km. That’s why the SA asked whether he should replace it or not. I said ok to save the hassle of sending her to service again. It’s not rocket science, it’s just a ceramic material against a steel disc. The brake pad type you mentioned, I had in it in my 2006 Palio D as well as 2014 City I believe. I used to use the pads till the time it started squealing. In the aircraft, we have two kinds of brakes, steel & carbon discs rubbing against ceramic pads. Brakes are equipped with wear pins, which we check before every flight. We need enough brake pad thickness to absorb the energy in case we reject a takeoff at high speed say 260 kmph. And if we do, we have to calculate how much energy the brakes have absorbed. To decide whether to the call fire brigade or taxi back to the bay or even perform another take off.

This is one of the aircraft types I have flown

Now coming back to XUV700, the thermal sensor you mentioned still needs some more time to get activated. New pads mean new sensors, it has to work. The vertical slotted line you see in the picture is the physical wear indicator (as well as a vent slot). Complete brake wearout means, you won’t see the line. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 06:50   #10275
BHPian

Hi Team,

I have booked an XUV700 - AX7L (Petrol, AT, 7 seat) last week. The dealership (Sireesh Auto) has stock on hand for my preferred color (Silver), so expecting delivery to happen in a week’s time.

Had couple of queries, and looking for some confirmations for the same:

a) The shared VIN of the car points to March 2024 manufacturing. Having read through TeamBHP’s other thread on “Old” New vehicles, I believe it should be ok? Have roped in Zekardo for a PDI, just to be safe.
Unfortunately, no discounts being provided (except allowing insurance from provider of my choice).

b) Believe the 2024 manufactured XUV 700s now get OTA updates for infotainment/Adrenox? Having read through the issues/niggles getting sorted with latest updates, is it worth pushing dealership for latest software before delivery, or let the OTA updates do their job?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks