AX5 gets a push button start.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 23:00   #10217
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Yes the May 24 onwards model has push start. The upgrade came along with the release of the AX5 S model. AX5 is a bridge between AX3 and AX5. I went with AX5 because it is much more value than the S variant and a major upgrade over AX3. Curtain air bags for 3 rows, cruise control, Alloy wheels, cornering lamps and reverse camera with steering guide lines etc

If you are someone who likes to accessorise a lot aftermarket, AX3 is a better variant to put your money on. AX5 S is mainly if you want a Sunroof.

Personally I would advice XUV700 only in a 6 or 7 seater avatar. If anyone is looking for a 5 seater there are many options out there. XUV700 is a fun family car.
HillMan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 01:45   #10218
BHPian

Hello guys, I'm currently facing an issue with my XUV 700 AX7 L. My AdrenoX subscription expired back in March, and after renewing it two months later, it's not functioning properly. Specifically, I use it for tracking the car and voice commands, but since renewing a month ago, it hasn't been working. Also, had logged out of Alexa because that also wasn't working properly and now couldn't register my Amazon account again so that Alexa could work. So finally took the car to Koncept Mahindra service center in Sector 2, Noida.

Went on a Monday afternoon, I was appointed a person to deal with it ASAP. Now, it gets worse as they were seeing this issue for the first time and were pretty alien to the problem.

So, I personally told them to just disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and let the car just reboot itself. Waited for a good 20 minutes and reconnected the battery and it didn't work.

Now, he went in again and called some guy from the software related department and he saw it and he too was puzzled because most people who come here with this issue haven't renewed the membership and just come here to see why it isn't working. This also shows that many people don't know that these features are subscription based and Mahindra needs to work on enlightening people about it.

Now, finally he got his trusty Panasonic laptop which looked like it had been through a lot, and started debugging the car and still nothing. I asked him about the laptop and he told me that these laptops get changed every year due to the work load they go through.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20240617_155431490.jpg
DEBUGGING

Now, finally the last option he told me was to just do a software flash, this flashing process took about 1.5 hours and still it didn't work.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20240617_163518567_hdr.jpg
FLASHING SOFTWARE

Couldn't take more clear pictures as was a little shy.

During all this ordeal, they were making calls here and there to see if anyone knew what was wrong and they didn't really get anything concrete.

Why did Mahindra integrate all the voice commands with Alexa, Alexa is more of a hassle then a boon in such situations as even for small tasks like opening the sunroof and menial task you need to depend on it. Mahindra could have made something separate for such tasks.

Also, the news application wasn't working which also kind of meant that the internet wasn't working, this puzzled the technician more. The weird thing was that it showed that the car had full signal. Why did Mahindra had to go with VI .

Finally the issue couldn't be solved and they told me to come again after 2 days, I would give them 100/100 for efforts , but 0/100 for having knowledge and being able to solve the issue. They did try their best.

The AdrenoX didn't work, Amazon wasn't working as well.

If anyone else has faced this issue please share it here.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th June 2024 at 09:36. Reason: Henceforth, please do not use spaces before any punctuation marks.
Hawk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 06:59   #10219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Curtain air bags for 3 rows, cruise control, Alloy wheels, cornering lamps and reverse camera with steering guide lines etc
If i were to buy the XUV700, it would be the AX5 for sure, main reason is the black fabric seats. No offense to higher variant owners, but i simply hate the white leather seats. They do make the interior feel a bit upmarket, but its simply a pain to maintain it, especially if you have a kid.
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 08:43   #10220

Has anybody been able to get rid of the noise from the door seals? I have been facing a lot of door seal rubbing noise from the doors. Whenever i have complained about this at ASC, they put some kind of grease and the noise goes off but as soon as the car is fully washed or driven in rains this same noise comes back. Any permanent resolutions to this issue?
Old 19th June 2024, 14:43   #10221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post
Has anybody been able to get rid of the noise from the door seals?
May be this product can help by tightening the doors by adding an outward push.

Car Door Shock Absorber pads
Old 19th June 2024, 15:55   #10222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
My AdrenoX subscription expired back in March, and after renewing it two months later, it's not functioning properly. ..now couldn't register my Amazon account again so that Alexa could work.
I believe this is unrelated to Alexa and related to e-SIM registration. Can you check if you have internet connectivity? Try one of the apps, like Zomato or India Today from the bottom drawer. Likely something like the e-SIM getting deactivated due to the gap and not getting activated again.

Is Alexa getting delinked regularly?

Unrelated question, but with Alexa. How may of you are able use the the Mahindra skill from Alexa? For me the skill get delinked regularly and I have to link it again from the AdrenoX app. I linked it yesterday and it was deliniked again today. Say, when you want to ask 'Alexa, Ask Mahindra how much fuel is there?' to know the range in km, instead of fiddling with the button on steering and looking at MID, it says, Mahindra skill is not linked.
Old 19th June 2024, 19:44   #10223
BHPian

Folks, does anyone know if Mahindra is planning a hybrid version of the XUV700 ?
Old 19th June 2024, 22:30   #10224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithDefender View Post
Folks, does anyone know if Mahindra is planning a hybrid version of the XUV700 ?
With an electric version (e8) in development and launch scheduled few quarters away from now, I dont think a hybrid version is on the product roadmap.

In a recent interview (May 2024), Mahindra confirmed on examining hybrid technology for the Indian Market but with a caveat that the development of hybrid products will be done according to market demand. I guess we should read this dependency also from the GST benefits perspective, GOI may consider for hybrid versions in the future.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 11:16   #10225
BHPian

Quote:
They do make the interior feel a bit upmarket, but its simply a pain to maintain it, especially if you have a kid.
Try maintaining them with a golden retriever in the monsoon!

White leather is simply incompatible with the amount of dust in our cities. Mahindra should've offered tan+black interiors like the Harrier; upmarket, yet much more manageable.
CapKoura is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 11:19   #10226
BHPian

Folks in Mumbai who get their cars serviced at Randhawa Motors in Kurla, how would you rate the experience?

I have been using NBS Sewri until now, but am sick of the condescending attitude of the SAs, and the remote location doesn't help.
Old 21st June 2024, 12:15   #10227
BHPian

Ax7 D At

Hawk,

I am facing a similar issue. I forgot to renew the subscription and it stopped working. Post renewal it’s not working for the past one month. Did you manage to fix it?

Also, I am getting my front brake pads changed for the first time at 30k service(30014 on odo) No warning, but SA advised me to change. And what is the average life of front and rear brake pads?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-2a8573a4bbf942ba88acc36454ce64f7.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3c16de885440404cad10055c6647a95e.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-6c251092cc484b99a821cdb99dbaa019.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-36e4786719e14a978899128d1a39d383.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-6b672d5d376842f29fc1d02b35e9e13e.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-c80a443dc49b464db83b1fb02ae0a8de.jpeg  

Last edited by FlyboyQP : 21st June 2024 at 12:16. Reason: Grammar
FlyboyQP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 20:40   #10228

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Folks in Mumbai who get their cars serviced at Randhawa Motors in Kurla, how would you rate the experience?

I have been using NBS Sewri until now, but am sick of the condescending attitude of the SAs, and the remote location doesn't help.
Have been going to Randhawa Kurla service center for the past 2 years. The service center is cramped. They lack infrastructure of wheel balancing and alignment. Vehicle needs to go to separate shop 3-4 kms away for balancing and alignment. Service advisors are fine.

I was planning to go NBS Sewri for next routine service. Any problems/deal-breakers you faced there?
EzBreeze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 21:21   #10229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
If i were to buy the XUV700, it would be the AX5 for sure, main reason is the black fabric seats.
I strongly believe that the XUV700 AX5 trim is a good choice, especially for those who don't need unnecessary electronic(luxury) features and ADAS. Lesser the parts/features, more the reliability and lesser chances of sensors/electronics going kaput in future.

Push button start is gimmicky feature, its not a great value addition in the AX5.

Instead, the only major feature (more of a valuable driver-aid) currently missing in the AX5 are the Power-Folding outside rear view mirrors, this is an absolute must for a wide SUV. It is invaluable and give the driver essential ability to drive through conjested roads by power folding the mirror. Not at all a luxury but a basic functionality.

Power folding mirrors will make the AX5 bare minimum feature rich in terms of essential driver-aids (They have provided cruise control which was missing in AX5 earlier, unfortunately booster headlamps got booted out of AX5).

Last edited by for_cars1 : 21st June 2024 at 21:31.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 21:36   #10230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzBreeze View Post
I was planning to go NBS Sewri for next routine service. Any problems/deal-breakers you faced there?
For starters, the location is inside the truck terminal on the border of Sewri-Ray Road, so a royal pain to get to amidst all the constant heavy traffic and the dust (will be slush now in the rains).

The general condescending attitude of the SA when answering my questions, creating the job for the service, snide jibes about how he knows my car better than me, who knows nothing (I have a degree in automotive engineering) left a poor taste in my mouth.

When I picked up the car today, I got an alert saying that the keyfob was low on battery. I asked him to replace it, and he promptly led me to the service bay with the intention of replacing it without going through the paperwork (off the books, if you will). The floor manager came up to me and, on hearing why I’m standing there, asked me to go and wait in the office, where I’d get it changed. The SA had a deer-caught-in-headlights look on his face. This reeked of unprofessionalism on their part.

I have to say I don’t have much experience with service centers in India, so if this kind of behaviour is par for the course then I guess it isn’t a deal breaker, because the work they did on the car (service + sequential turn indicator installation) is quite good.

Thanks for the feedback on Randhawa, looks like I’ll be sticking to NBS for now.

Last edited by CapKoura : 21st June 2024 at 21:37.
CapKoura is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks