Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2024, 11:08   #10141
bbv
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
I got a call earlier this week from my dealer sharing that they are providing 25k discounts on 2024 XUV700
Could you please share, which dealer is this?
Old 6th June 2024, 11:40   #10142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbv View Post
Could you please share, which dealer is this?
PPS Hebbal, Bengaluru
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 12:13   #10143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedentary View Post
some good pairs as per my requirements in Michellins or any other reliable brand?
I've been using Pirelli Scorpion Verde's in stock size (235/60 R18) since a year & ~17000 Km on (mostly highways & a few no roads scenarios); pretty happy with the grip, road noise & braking distance. Have suffered two punctures though on the same tyre, side effect of having a soft compound I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-pirelli-tyre.jpg  

Last edited by Vtach : 6th June 2024 at 12:17.
Vtach is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 15:52   #10144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Question is, How do they still have 2023 stocks in June 2024 especially since they claimed to have a year long waiting list last year? Did Mahindra fake the waiting list all these while to hike prices?
It’s the modern day marketing strategy.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...akh-units.html (Mahindra order backlog reduced to 2.26 lakh units)
Old 6th June 2024, 21:10   #10145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Another WEIRD niggle cropped-up yesterday!

Had visited a friend's place yesterday night for dinner and had parked the car in a quaint by-lane of Bandra. Mind you, the car had run yesterday for almost 100 km through the day yesterday for various errands till then. Got done at the friend's place around 1.30 a.m. and walked back to the car, only to find that the car refused to unlock, even after multiple attempts. First thought was that the battery of the keyfob had died again (battery was changed barely a month and half back). .......
Hi,

I too faced the exact same issue today. Luckily I had a better timing as this happened just 5 minutes from my home and during the evening hours .

The car just refused to unlock and I had to unlock it using the key. The moment I opened the door, the alarm was blaring at full volume.

Even after several tries, the car refused to lock/un-lock with the key fob. I also tried locking and unlocking with the second key, but no success.

I have spoken to Mahindra ASS and they have asked me to come tomorrow morning.

Did you show your car to Mahindra? What was the diagnosis? Did it ever occur again?
Old 6th June 2024, 23:01   #10146
BHPian

I am looking for a tyre inflator for my XUV700. Read about the wired ones, but have heard that the lenght of wire is inadequate given the socket is in the thord row of the vehicle. Inflating the front tyres is a challenge.

Can anyone help with an inflator suitable for XUV700. Also, requesting for a recommendation which one to choose between wired or wireless inflator.
anuraglakhotia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 12:09   #10147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel mine is quite bad in terms of insulation. I hear the engine mildly at low speed but it's roaring at moderate to high speed. Even during acceleration its LOUD.

Apart from that, the tyre noise is very loud on rough roads. and by rough, I do not mean bad pothole-filled roads (although it is very loud on such roads) but I mean roads that have a rough surface and not a smooth surface. It's loud to the point where it suppresses the details in the music that's playing at around volume 12-15 too and listening to music is not fun anymore.

Could you or anyone please suggest some good pairs as per my requirements in Michellins or any other reliable brand? Also, price is not a problem.

Since your D AT is from the early batch of 2021, I hope you have got the Lower Control Arm replaced under warranty. This has been helpful in reducing the road noise in many cases, though some still insist that the noise is not fully gone, but reduced.

Also hope that you're using the new synthetic Ultra V4 engine oil in your vehicle rather than the old Maximile Ultra. This has reduced the engine noise in most of our cars, that was noticed after the 10K service.

As far as I know, Michelins are not readily available for some time now. If you get a Michelin, then check the manufacture date. Otherwise you can try Yokohama or Continental also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
I am looking for a tyre inflator for my XUV700. Read about the wired ones, but have heard that the lenght of wire is inadequate given the socket is in the thord row of the vehicle. Inflating the front tyres is a challenge.

Can anyone help with an inflator suitable for XUV700. Also, requesting for a recommendation which one to choose between wired or wireless inflator.
The normal ones has 10 ft length of wire that does not reach the left front tyre. Other three tyres wont be an issue. For this you can buy a cigarette lighter socket that can connect directly to the battery terminal, from Amazon. You can also buy a cigarette lighter extension chord from MS dealer, that will solve your issue.

Alternatively, if you are ready to invest in a really good and robust inflator, that will last for a very long time, then check the ViAir P75 or P88.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th June 2024 at 12:52. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 18:09   #10148
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
I got a call earlier this week from my dealer sharing that they are providing 25k discounts on 2024 XUV700, and this was without me asking them for a discount (I already have a booking with them). So, discounts are starting to flow in - and this is across brands.
When I called my dealer (India Garage, whitefield, behind Decathlon), he says that there is no discount, only if I am existing Mahindra car owner, there might be some, but not otherwise. This is for 2024 models. For 2023, he is saying that there can be some discounts. Looking at your case, it felt like it is not a dealer specific offer, but something from higher up, but it doesn't look like.

Last edited by bbv : 7th June 2024 at 18:17. Reason: Added dealer/showroom name
bbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 11:27   #10149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
The car just refused to unlock and I had to unlock it using the key. The moment I opened the door, the alarm was blaring at full volume.

Even after several tries, the car refused to lock/un-lock with the key fob. I also tried locking and unlocking with the second key, but no success.

Did you show your car to Mahindra? What was the diagnosis? Did it ever occur again?
Mahindra ASS was useless. They said try replacing the keyfob battery, that's it. Anyway, thankfully the issue hasn't recurred since that horrendous instance.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 13:01   #10150
BHPian

Am I the only one that has felt this or is this a commonly known yet ignored quirk?

I have a peculiar observation from my first 10k km of my XUV700 D AT. The engine seems very vocal and refuses to upshift from 2nd--->3rd gear until it is pushed past the 2k rpm mark. But due to the tall gearing, 2k rpm in 2nd gear also comes at a speed fast enough for low speed city street cruising. Result: letting go off throttle before the 2k rpm mark keeps the engine revved up in 2nd gear and is pretty noisy.

More over, the speed achieved at 2k rpm in 2nd gear comes at just 1300rpm in 3rd gear. This makes it feel like the gear ratios are poorly set and the overlap between ratios is very inconsistent. Not even going to get started on the NVH difference of the engine at 2k rpm in 2nd and 1300 rpm in 3rd where most of low speed city driving takes place.
DCTfanatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 14:58   #10151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
[b]The engine seems very vocal and refuses to upshift from 2nd--->3rd gear until it is pushed past the 2k rpm mark. But due to the tall gearing, 2k rpm in 2nd gear also comes at a speed fast enough for low speed city street cruising. Not even going to get started on the NVH difference of the engine at 2k rpm in 2nd and 1300 rpm in 3rd where most of low speed city driving takes place.
cross posting from my thread.

clearly the mhawk has not changed much at its core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
few observations and notes to self:

A. never overthink things in your car. I felt that in gear acceleration from 1-2-3 gruff and very slow and upshifting at a very high RPM (2200 to be precise), the other changes come in at 1700-1800. It is perfectly normal. TC is geared to hold 2-3 just a little longer than what one expects to manage city traffic and avoid unnecessary shifts. Also 40 KMPH in this car does not "feel" fast, but you're still doing 40.
Haha. DEJA VU!! More things change...(fill in the blanks) or as the Who! said "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

enjoy your car DCT.

PS: naam DCT kaam TC? Naughty naughty

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 8th June 2024 at 15:00.
Old 8th June 2024, 17:41   #10152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Since your D AT is from the early batch of 2021, I hope you have got the Lower Control Arm replaced under warranty. This has been helpful in reducing the road noise in many cases, though some still insist that the noise is not fully gone, but reduced.
Yes, the arms have been replaced for me. And yes, the suspension sound is significantly lower but hasn't disappeared.

Also hope that you're using the new synthetic Ultra V4 engine oil in your vehicle rather than the old Maximile Ultra. This has reduced the engine noise in most of our cars, that was noticed after the 10K service.

This I will have to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
This video is of a Tata Harrier owner who changed from stock to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=AsE9eFg9f7k

I've been researching this myself as I intend to change the tyres to A/T once the current stock tyres go EOL. I visited a few tyre shops and if price is not a concern, they all recommended Michelin (not for A/T though). Another video I found helpful in understanding what to consider while buying tyres (this person also highly recommends Michelin): https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Y9K_-UUm53c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
I've been using Pirelli Scorpion Verde's in stock size (235/60 R18) since a year & ~17000 Km on (mostly highways & a few no roads scenarios); pretty happy with the grip, road noise & braking distance. Have suffered two punctures though on the same tyre, side effect of having a soft compound I guess.
Thanks for the info. I have now come down to choosing between Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV and Pirelli Scorpion Verde MO.

Thank you very much Shubham_2066 for the videos. It has been really helpful.

And thank you Vtach for your review of Pirelli Verde.

The video linked in @shubham_2066's reply was very helpful in understanding the performance of PS4 SUV. However, although Michelins are recommended by almost everyone, Verde Mo seems to be a really good option as well. When I check Verde MO on Pirelli's official website, from what I see I feel there's a lot more tech that has gone into Verdes to achieve noise reduction plus they are also run flat. I am however not able to understand if it is just a fancy marketing technique and if Michelin PS4 can achieve better noise reduction without all the tech that Pirelli describes in Verde MO on its page.

The other factor I have to consider is which out of the two can handle occasional mild offroading. As far as what I see from the descriptions, Pirelli has a slightly higher edge in terms of mild offroading. I'm not sure however if Michelin PS4 is also good with the same.

The catch amongst all of this is, If I finally decide to go for Michelin PS4 SUV, it is available in 255 55 R18 as opposed to 235 60 R16 in Verde mo which is also the stock size of XUV700. Now as per the video sent by shubham_2066, the person has upsized his stock on his safari which is the same as XUV and has gone for PS4 255 55 R18. This will increase the width by 20mm (10mm from each side of the tyre). However, the height decreases extremely slightly by 0.75mm (Which I think is not going to make any difference). He says in the video that the steering feels smoother and the ride feels more plush.

Considering all of this I'm confused about which out of the two to go for.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th June 2024 at 18:06. Reason: Fixed the broken quote tags
Old 8th June 2024, 18:28   #10153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post

I have been using Tusa's tyre inflator and the length of wire (over 12 feet) is just enough to reach the front left tyre (other three are easily reachable). I have to bring the inflator from within the cabin keeping the wire unobstructed. The product itself is pretty good, doesn't make a lot of noise, feels sturdy and is compact.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B075F5BB3C
Old 8th June 2024, 18:56   #10154
BHPian

Quote:
I am however not able to understand if it is just a fancy marketing technique and if Michelin PS4 can achieve better noise reduction without all the tech that Pirelli describes in Verde MO on its page.

The other factor I have to consider is which out of the two can handle occasional mild offroading. As far as what I see from the descriptions, Pirelli has a slightly higher edge in terms of mild offroading. I'm not sure however if Michelin PS4 is also good with the same.
I think both are very good brands and it's practically impossible to know which tyre will have better noise reduction unless you actually try them out on similar surfaces. Same goes for mild off-roading. Pirelli has an All Season variant of Scorpion Verde which will give better drivability in off-road conditions but it will come at the expense of road noise

Quote:
The catch amongst all of this is, If I finally decide to go for Michelin PS4 SUV, it is available in 255 55 R18 as opposed to 235 60 R16 in Verde mo which is also the stock size of XUV700.
You can check Michelin Primacy SUV+ which comes in stock size 235/60 R18: https://www.michelin.in/auto/tyres/m...imacy-suv-plus

Pilot Sport 4 SUV - I remember the tyre shop saying that it's also available in stock size but Michelin's website says otherwise. Maybe they no longer sell this in stock size.

255/55 R18 - I intend to put A/T tyres of this size (or 255/60 R18). The variance in overall diameter with this size is within the acceptable percentage that is generally advised. You can see the overall change (including the diff in speedometer reading) here: https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator

Only caveat I see with 255/55 is that putting snow chains may not be possible, need to try out and be sure. So if you intend to drive in such a terrain, be sure that the tyre fits properly along with snow chains.

Hope this helps!
Old 8th June 2024, 21:13   #10155
BHPian

Looks like Mahindra is going to launch MX petrol automatic.

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12498199.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks