Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2024, 15:52   #9841
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Requesting fellow bhpians to share their experiences, recommendations, or any advice on this matter.
You can try Brotomotiv. I have not had any experience with them but they seem to have a good reputation but the cost might be on the higher side.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 21:10   #9842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decisionday View Post
Hi guys
How much FE are you getting out of your diesel automatics in city traffic, I'm from Bangalore so I was wondering if I can get over 10 kmpl
On AWD model which has just completed 1st service … I am getting between 11 to 12 in City and around 14 on mix of City and shorty highway burst. Haven’t got opportunity for a long drive on a highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJN View Post
A Mirror Cam or Dash Cam Which one is better ?
Depends on the need of each individual.
Ideally it should be a good Dual channel Dash cam with HD recording, Capacitor based battery. Having HD Display is even better.
Since in XUV700, there is no Auto Dimming IRVM, I also travel on weekend with boot full with luggage blocking the IRVM view, i decided to go for Mirror Cam.
Old 13th March 2024, 00:36   #9843
BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone, we recently welcomed a shiny new XUV700 in Silver! I am considering giving it a protective coating. Specifically looking for top-notch Ceramic or Graphene coating services in the western part of Pune
After researching, here are some competitive quotes for Ceramic coating on a Silver XUV700:

1. **Aquatint Baner**:
- Product Used: Labocosmetica
- ₹16,000 for 1-year warranty
- ₹20,000 for 2-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces
- Not covered: Glass surfaces, alloys, or plastic trims

2. **Carspa Baner**:
- Product Used: CrystalShield Trinity
- ₹25,000 for 3-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, all glass surfaces.
- Not covered: Alloys, or plastic trims

3. **3M Pashan**:
- Product Used: 3M
- ₹28,800 for 1-year warranty + 2 top-ups 1 each after 180 days (2-year life)
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, glass, alloys, or plastic trims

Added details above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
You can try Brotomotiv.
They seem to have influx of queries due to youtube publicity, calls are directed to an IVR with no response from them after filling the form.

PS : In addition to product, how its applied is very critical in detailing, hence seeking insights on the best workmanship among these options. 3M is a trusted name overall, and Aquatint has good reviews on team-bhp. And according to a detailer friend from Indore, Carspa uses the best products, comparatively, it seems to offer a good deal as mentioned above. I would appreciate any thoughts on workmanship from those who have experienced these services.

Last edited by sapien : 13th March 2024 at 00:38.
Old 13th March 2024, 13:18   #9844
BHPian

Quote:
After researching, here are some competitive quotes for Ceramic coating on a Silver XUV700:
Hello Sapien. Have you checked at Finora, Baner. They are official retailers for Waxoyl. I have had all cars coated here. Service and pricing is great.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 14:10   #9845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
You can try Brotomotiv. I have not had any experience with them but they seem to have a good reputation but the cost might be on the higher side.
Quote:
They seem to have influx of queries due to Youtube publicity, calls are directed to an IVR with no response from them after filling the form.
Brotomotive got back with all details, attaching screenshot -
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700_brotomotive.png  

sapien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 15:57   #9846
BHPian

Quote:
Brotomotive got back with all details, attaching screenshot.
It is nice that they have attached a thorough descriptive quote, but personally, it seems too high, and I would go with Aquatint because of the sheer satisfactory reviews by BHPians.

All the best, and do post some pictures once you get it done, as well as how you finalized any one of them.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 00:49   #9847

Folks, need an urgent help. I am on a long road trip, currently at Udaipur and going to BLR over next 4 days. Noticed a while ago that CarPlay is gone from my XUV700 (it’s replaced by “coming soon” just like old times. Restarting the car hasn’t helped. Now since all my music and navigation happens through iPhone this is a dealbreaker for such a long trip. Has anyone faced this issue, and knows a DIY solution? Pics for software version and “coming soon” icon on Home Screen attached.

Overnight wait and the magically CarPlay is back in the morning. One unique thing, when I started I was greeted with a pop up message on Adrenox screen - “based on your subscription your connected Car package has changed from none to 1”. This was weird because I already have a valid Adrenox subscription till March next year. I dismissed the message and home screen came up as normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4346.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4343.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th March 2024 at 10:10. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Quote+ where appropriate. Thank you.
Old 15th March 2024, 13:31   #9848
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post
One unique thing, when I started I was greeted with a pop up message on Adrenox screen - “based on your subscription your connected Car package has changed from none to 1”.
So, looks like Mahindra is testing to de-activate Adrenox in car if our subscription is not renewed. For now, it is only the mobile APP that gets de-activated. Looking at your screen, looks more like this will roll out OTA to the car screen too
Old 15th March 2024, 19:35   #9849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
So, looks like Mahindra is testing to de-activate Adrenox in car if our subscription is not renewed. For now, it is only the mobile APP that gets de-activated. Looking at your screen, looks more like this will roll out OTA to the car screen too
Has OTA been enabled for future updates already ?
Adrenox subscription shldn't have any bearing on Android auto,, Apple car play features as that is independent of their properitery software.

If they think of pushing customers to adrenox subscription then it will be a deal breaker for new customers n dent their revenue, that's my guess.

Quote:
Anyone’s knows what this black square like foam material on XUV700 tail gate is? It’s partly in and partly out - both on left and right side.
Don't see any such thing on my vehicle when I checked it today. I hope you got it checked at service centre already.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th March 2024 at 10:11. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Quote+ to reply to multiple posts. Thank you.
Old 15th March 2024, 22:12   #9850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post
Don't see any such thing on my vehicle when I checked it today. I hope you got it checked at service centre already.
Not yet, in one of the above posts it’s mentioned that those were just soft plastic pieces which were pulled out during the delivery. I plan to check with the service center in 1000 km / 1 month service.

Also, observing an interesting behavior, every once in a while when I am accelerating on an incline, engine rpm doesn’t increase, probably it holds the gear for 10-12 secs and then automatically gets moving in next gear. It’s not a very pleasant experience, feels like car is stuck! Could it be that this behavior is seen when turbo is about to spool, but ECU is not able to make up its mind given the engine rpm and the incline.
I’m driving very sedately for 1st 1000 kms, maybe if I give more decisive input via the pedal, it might pick up speed quicker. Ours is a Petrol automatic. Any thoughts on this, please share.

Last edited by sapien : 15th March 2024 at 22:14.
Old 16th March 2024, 08:14   #9851

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
XUV Diesel AT AX7 is finally locked in. Should get the car in a few days time. I have currently opted out of the accessories pack which they were trying to add to the overall invoice.

Would be great if there could be any suggestions of good and reasonable accessories shops in Mumbai for XUV 700. I stay in Ghatkopar, Mumbai and a shop nearby would be of added benefits. I am planning to get mats, scuff plates, door protector, side step, screen protector for the time being.
Congratulations on the booking. I'm a little confused between buying a petrol or diesel version, considering the ambiguity involved on the govt's ban on diesel vehicle or imposing 10year life. Would you mind sharing your thought process and why did you decide to go for diesel over petrol. Thanks in advance!
Old 16th March 2024, 08:23   #9852
BHPian

Quote:

1. **Aquatint Baner**:
- Product Used: Labocosmetica
- ₹16,000 for 1-year warranty
- ₹20,000 for 2-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces
- Not covered: Glass surfaces, alloys, or plastic trims

2. **Carspa Baner**:
- Product Used: CrystalShield Trinity
- ₹25,000 for 3-year warranty
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, all glass surfaces.
- Not covered: Alloys, or plastic trims

3. **3M Pashan**:
- Product Used: 3M
- ₹28,800 for 1-year warranty + 2 top-ups 1 each after 180 days (2-year life)
- Coverage: Painted surfaces, glass, alloys, or plastic trims

Added details above.

They seem to have influx of queries due to Youtube publicity, calls are directed to an IVR with no response from them after filling the form.

PS : In addition to product, how its applied is very critical in detailing, hence seeking insights on the best workmanship among these options. 3M is a trusted name overall, and Aquatint has good reviews on team-bhp. And according to a detailer friend from Indore, Carspa uses the best products, comparatively, it seems to offer a good deal as mentioned above. I would appreciate any thoughts on workmanship from those who have experienced these services.
I am getting the Napoli Black XUV700 in a week's time. Looking for some recommended names for Ceramic Coating in Mumbai. I am aware of Ceramic Pro, but a set of good names to compare and check would be very helpful. Thanks a lot.
Old 16th March 2024, 11:53   #9853
BHPian

Hi all,

I was trying some back of the envelope calculations on choosing between the petrol and diesel variants especially considering that I drive less than 10K km per year. I know this statement might itself confirm that I don't need a diesel but I was anxious about the petrol mileage and so ran the below calculations.

Do they seem pragmatic?

In a nutsheel, with a running of ~ 8K Km per year, I was able to see that I would take roughly 64 months (at current fuel costs) to recover the extra cost of Rs. 87650/- for the AX7 Diesel Automatic variant plus additional cost for DEF top, Maintenance cost and additional highway runs just to avoid DPF issues)

The same when applied to AX7L Diesel automatic reduces to 33 months

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx XUV_Analysis.xlsx (11.7 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by vijay.s : 16th March 2024 at 11:58.
vijay.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 12:16   #9854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi all,

I was trying some back of the envelope calculations on choosing between the petrol and diesel variants especially considering that I drive less than 10K km per year. I know this statement might itself confirm that I don't need a diesel but I was anxious about the petrol mileage and so ran the below calculations.

Do they seem pragmatic?

In a nutsheel, with a running of ~ 8K Km per year, I was able to see that I would take roughly 64 months (at current fuel costs) to recover the extra cost of Rs. 87650/- for the AX7 Diesel Automatic variant plus additional cost for DEF top, Maintenance cost and additional highway runs just to avoid DPF issues)

The same when applied to AX7L Diesel automatic reduces to 33 months

Thanks
Main point is not fuel bill comparison but the added issue of filter clogging and associated cost of maintenance (replacement out of warranty can cost in lakhs). There are enough horror stories here in the forum itself. Sharing a latest one. Please do take these things into consideration

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5738311 (Kia Seltos GT Line Diesel vs Petrol? Scared of DPF and DCT!)

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th March 2024 at 12:18.
Old 16th March 2024, 13:22   #9855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
I am getting the Napoli Black XUV700 in a week's time. Looking for some recommended names for Ceramic Coating in Mumbai. I am aware of Ceramic Pro, but a set of good names to compare and check would be very helpful. Thanks a lot.
You’ll find 3M and Carzspa in Mumbai as well. They are well established chains and use their own specific products. Also, they have particular styled packages, e.g. 3M gives top up but only 1 year warranty, but Carzspa say their product is good and provides 3 years warranty for a comparable priced product. Just remember whatever price they quote can be negotiated upto 10%.

Also, PPF might be more suitable for napoli black color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Hi all,

Do they seem pragmatic?
More discussion around same here-
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5709391 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Last edited by sapien : 16th March 2024 at 13:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks