Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2024, 17:30   #9751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post
I have come across a few videos where people have downloaded the adrenox app on their smart watch. One used has been galaxy watch 4. However when I go to playstore, I dont see the app. Is there any workaround for this ? Not sure why I cant see it.
I think it’s a companion app - if you have the app on your phone and the watch is paired with your phone for syncing everything from watch, it should reflect it on your watch too. Not sure if you have iOS phone with Samsung Watch - that will make things tricky!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 18:23   #9752

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I think it’s a companion app - if you have the app on your phone and the watch is paired with your phone for syncing everything from watch, it should reflect it on your watch too. Not sure if you have iOS phone with Samsung Watch - that will make things tricky!
No Wear OS on galaxy has a separate playstore and apps have been developed separately for it. Its a similar platform but not identical
Luvforcars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 18:29   #9753

XUV700 clocks another 1,000 km

- For this 1,000 km, we took the XUV to a farm stay near Bandipur called Open Shell Farm. The farm’s concept was unique because it is a fully functional permaculture farm that promotes the best farming practices with the local farmers. As a top-up, it can also host 8-10 people in its uniquely designed stays.
- Though it was a weekend, it was just us as guests. The stay is just outside the Bandipur forest. We didn’t expect to see tigers or leopards in the area, but we were fortunate enough to spot families of peacocks and deer multiple times during the day on the farm from our backyard.
- Most of our meals were locally grown and tasted miles apart from our usual meals.
- The backyard of our room was a perfect place to sit back, relax, and watch the sunset as multiple families of peacocks marched past us.
- The total trip was 485 km, and we managed to cruise at 53 km/h on average throughout.
- The fuel efficiency was 12 km per liter, which looks decent considering we only used the cruise control on the BLR - Mysore expressway.

I’m still struggling to understand how automatic climate control works. I’ve often increased the temperature to 25 or 26 to keep the fan speed in check, even though the outside temperature never crossed 30. Sometimes, the fan speed also increases when the vehicle speed increases, so we have to manually decrease the fan speed to keep the noise down, which defeats the automatic climate control function.

Some photos from the Open Shell Farm

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8608.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_6729.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_6751.jpeg
kns008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 19:01   #9754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Interiors of 2023 Mahindra AX5 (MT):
Attachment 2573173
This is not AX5 variants' interior. This is the lower end MX model with basic ICE and MID setup. The AX5 variant comes with a fully digital 10.25 inch touchscreen infotainment system and MID.
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 19:33   #9755

Hello all, I had a question.
The SAs at my dealership (Sahyadri Motors, Pune) have given me an estimate of Rs. 64,000 for my accessories. But the total for my accessories is Rs. 60,000 according to the brochure. Do they charge the extra Rs. 4000 for fitting? Has anyone had to pay a fitting charge from the dealership? I am already paying the price hike for the OTR price as well as the accessories.
Old 20th February 2024, 00:00   #9756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK_2005 View Post
I would suggest you to take a look at Karlsson Indiranagar. They have done an immaculate job on our car. You get genuine Nappa leather if that's what you want.
Looks awesome!

Karlason has redone the upholstery in my Fortuner and I absolutely love it.

Did you try to get them to do the door pads and the dashboard?
Old 20th February 2024, 14:17   #9757
BHPian

Hello, my 2022 petrol XUV's insurance is due in March. First year policy was Tata AIG and current policy is with Royal Sundaram. No claims so far, touchwood!

I want Zero dep, RTI and engine protection covers in my policy. I am viewing quotes on aggregator portals and ones received from agents. Kotak works out to be much cheaper (5-6k) than any other insurance companies with the said covers and same IDV of approx Rs 15,50,000.

Appreciate any reviews on Kotak, with Mahindra in Pune.
Old 20th February 2024, 15:45   #9758

Came across a suprising oversight when my friend took his XUV700 AX7L D AT to ASC as his 360 degree camera system wasn't working.

At first, it seems like a pretty straightforward issue and nothing a software flash can't resolve. We were in for a shock once we got the call from SA about replacing the ECU!

When I made some noise and got on call with the Senior manager, he explained that XUV700 does not have the Body Control Unit (normally something that should control systems like cameras) as a seperate module. Instead, Mahindra has combined the ECU and BCM into one unit. Only other module present in the car is for security system.

I felt like banging my head onto the wall listening to this. This is a truly foolish move and makes me fear for the future of owners when their car goes out of warranty.

The ECU costs around 45K. Imagine, paying this sum of money out of your pocket to get the camera's or any other feature working if it fails.

I always thought something like the camera system would be reliant on Adrenox/infotainment processing.

While the above ordeal is a bit tough to digest, we had to sign off on the replacement and would also like to point out that the experience was quite pleasant. The car was picked up from home for diagnosis. SA and Senior manager duly answered all our questions and seemed knowledgeable enough. Finally, the car was returned until the part becomes available to not hamper my friend's usage. Time quoted for ECU to be available is 7-8 days.
DDISclatters is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 17:53   #9759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDISclatters View Post
When I made some noise and got on call with the Senior manager, he explained that XUV700 does not have the Body Control Unit (normally something that should control systems like cameras) as a seperate module. Instead, Mahindra has combined the ECU and BCM into one unit. Only other module present in the car is for security system.
Debugging an electrical problem that is beyond wires and fuses, will be fun.
What about the ABS and braking module ? that's also not separate and rolled into this single 'ultimate computer' ?

Last edited by venkyhere : 20th February 2024 at 17:58.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 23:41   #9760
BHPian

After a recent experience, I want to share a cautionary tale.

While my car was at the service center for repairs after an accident, they attempted to charge me twice (post-delivery after not properly fixing things), despite being at fault. Thankfully, I had thorough documentation and videos from the accident day, drop-off, and beyond. This compelled them to address the issues.

Initially, they delivered the car with a visible dent on the door, denying its existence despite my insistence. They took 1 whole week in back and forth discussions and tried every possible way to shift the blame that the dent happened by us after delivery (when in fact it had always been there and was never repaired by them). Only after reviewing my recordings did they acknowledge the oversight and repaint the door.

Similarly, functional illuminated scuff plates ceased working after their wiring work which may have probably damaged something because there was no impact from the accident itself and their own tool showed short-circuit issue. However, recordings confirmed their functionality before and after the accident, revealing their attempt to shift blame and charge for unnecessary repairs.

This underscores the importance of comprehensive vehicle video documentation to prevent service centers from exploiting customers and shifting blame. It's a reminder not to blindly trust such establishments when they claim additional damages (the typical, this is gone, that is gone, approve to repair) and attempt to bill for them.

Always record a 360 degree video of your vehicle from inside and outside before handing over the vehicle to them. We had documented it just to keep in records and to track progress but these clips served as evidences and saved us from SC's negligence and attempts to loot us for their own faults. And this is South India's top dealer/service center having dealerships of multiple brands.

Last edited by Smartomotive : 20th February 2024 at 23:42.
Smartomotive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 21:40   #9761
BHPian

How far has the waiting period come down of late (AX5/7 Diesel AT)?
Old 21st February 2024, 22:25   #9762

>> How far has the waiting period come down of late (AX5/7 Diesel AT)?

I believe officially it is 6 to 8 weeks as per Mahindra updates. However, my personal experience with AX7L Diesel AT is under 2 weeks (for EverestWhite from India Garage, Bangalore).
EverestWhite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 15:53   #9763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post
I am sure this has been answered a few times but I am at my wits end now and need you guys to guide me
The price difference between Petrol and Diesel is around ~₹10-15 across India. Plus the government is coming down heavily on diesel vehicles in shift towards cleaner fuels. This may lead to a huge dip in the resale value when you seek to upgrade after a few years. Hence it is recommended to stay with your choice of petrol version.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2024 at 15:55. Reason: Shortening quoted post :)
Old 22nd February 2024, 15:57   #9764

Well friends,

Its been a more than a month and I am in love with driving my XUV700. A trip from Vapi to Mumbai and back, and no tiredness or body pain and absolute lovely handling.

Ok, quick question. I use an iPhone, I have expired my Amazon membership and do not wish to renew it as see no value in it. But Alexa now wont play any songs. Is there any way I can activate the 'hey siri' command instead of 'alexa' when in car play mode? Long press of steering button works for siri but voice command does not.
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:19   #9765

Is there any price difference between Monotone and Dual Tone colors? Mahindra website does not show any difference however the dealer quoted a difference of approx 15K on ex-showroom price. Can someone confirm if the website needs to be updated or is it some fishy scheme by salesperson?

Most Viewed