Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2024, 10:04   #9676
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post
Many thanks. That clears most of my doubts. Yours is a MT and mine will be an AT so the numbers will be slightly lower I guess

I would barely do off roading so I plan to stick with non AWD model which would also lower the cost of the XUV and make the decision more sensible.

Unless there can be a big positive to spend an extra 1.3 lacs it dose not make any sense to me

Enlighten me please
As I said earlier that 10-11k km per year is borderline for petrol diesel debate in my opinion so you can take either option and would be right.
I believe the kms increase once you have a good car. The difference between petrol and diesel fuel efficiency would be somewhere around 3-5 kmpl depending upon driving conditions.

Both petrol and diesel are powerful enough and maintenance should not be a big issue.

DPF can be an issue in diesel if you have multiple short runs in city.

The visits for refueling is the only place where difference in cost appears after initial purchase.

Whatever you opt for, you're not gonna regret it.

Happy driving
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 15:08   #9677
BHPian

Quote:

Petrol vs Diesel

I am sure this has been answered a few times but I am at my wits end now and need you guys to guide me
Petrol benefits -

1. Its the better engine between the 2, this is not saying that diesel is bad, but that 2L turbo petrol is really good.
2. Better refinement and NVH levels, leading to more comfortable long drives.
3. Lesser hassles related to DPF or refilling Ad-blue liquid, storing it etc.
4. Regarding the petrol mileage, the price difference of INR 1,10,000 will easily cover up your fuel bills for 5-6 years.
5. Resale value Petrol vs Diesel is something that can't be predicted, but given the way policies are changing, petrol might have some value.

Diesel benefits -

1. Longer tank range per refill - if this matters.
2. Mileage is less sensitive to throttle inputs.

I'll strongly recommend going for petrol.
sapien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 19:31   #9678
BHPian

Quote:

Petrol vs Diesel

I am sure this has been answered a few times but I am at my wits end now and need you guys to guide me
Here are my reasons for considering Petrol

1. Max kms per year would 10,000 - 11,000
2. 90% drive would be highways
3. Car would be sitting idle for 3-4 weeks at a stretch if I am not travelling
4. Lower maintenance cost vs Diesel (I think)
5. Planning to keep car for 5-6 years
Would Diesel not cause a problem if its not running for 4 weeks at a stretch ? Which car usually would have more demand 5 years from now when I plan to sell it off ? Diesel seems to be wearing off on its demand
Quote:
But if I dont drive for 3-4 weeks would that not cause a problem ?
With your requirement, Diesel or Petrol both will work. You'll save more money with Diesel.
If 90% of your drive is highways, you can easily go for Diesel. Even if you don't drive it for 3-4 months, it will not cause a problem.

A BS6.2 Diesel engine may cause problem only in below scenarios:
  • You live in Delhi/NCR (where Govt has added a policy of maximum 10 yrs for Diesel engine) and want to keep your car more than 10 years.
  • 90% of your drive is in City and under traffic.
  • If govt takes some (irrational) decision to ban/limit diesel vehicles in high population metro cities.
Old 31st January 2024, 00:41   #9679

Has anyone replaced the front bumpers in their xuv 700? I recently met with a small accident during my trip from Bangalore to Kochi after crossing Erode. A dog suddenly came on to the road and i was overtaking a bus at that moment. Couldn’t really stop or had any space to avoid the dog, leading to a hit on the right side of the front bumper at the bottom leading to a cracked bumper, and broken fog lamp. I was curious to know as to how the quality of paint comes up after the painting job at the ASC.
Old 31st January 2024, 06:18   #9680
BANNED

Mahindra made faulty Petrol 2.0Litre TGDI engine. They use same engine in ScorpioN , Thar and xuv 700.

My engine failed at 5000km , just within 2 months of purchase. Worst service center assistance.
After escalations on customer care, service center did investigation after 5 days .

Issue I observed - Engine oil quantity reduced to bare minimum level. No external leakage.

Reason Diagnosed -
Defective Head Valve guide in cylinder head , due to which engine oil leaked internally in combustion chamber and eventually burnt out from Exhaust.

Similar issues observed for more than 30 cases .
There is always a petrol engine failure case in Mahindra service centers for xuv 700, ScorpioN and Thar.

Reason is either faulty head valve guide or piston rings getting worned out within 2 months of new car.

Can you imagine how it felt spending 30Lakhs on this failed engine product?

I strongly recommend not to buy petrol Mahindra cars.
They tried to make petrol engine and failed miserably.
Old 31st January 2024, 10:13   #9681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post
Has anyone replaced the front bumpers in their xuv 700? I recently met with a small accident during my trip from Bangalore to Kochi after crossing Erode. A dog suddenly came on to the road and i was overtaking a bus at that moment. Couldn’t really stop or had any space to avoid the dog, leading to a hit on the right side of the front bumper at the bottom leading to a cracked bumper, and broken fog lamp. I was curious to know as to how the quality of paint comes up after the painting job at the ASC.
Unfortunately I had get it changed when a teenager mistook his scooty to be an aeroplane and found my stationary car as an obstacle.

Anyways the fit finish paint everything is just perfect and nobody can make any difference after replacing it
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 14:05   #9682
BHPian

Quote:
I was curious to know as to how the quality of paint comes up after the painting job at the ASC.
I am guessing you are located in Bangalore. I did my front bumper repainted at Chrome Motors and they did an excellent job, the finish is as good as factory painting. Not so great experience with Sireesh Marathahalli though, no complaints on the painted surface, but they ended up doing overspray on other panels.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 16:59   #9683
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you have got your vehicle checked at ASS. I was in a similar situation last month and the total bill came to 75k. Radar, Radiator, Fan, Coolant, brackets all needed replacement. Though visual inspection only showed a damaged Bumper Applique.
RVR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 18:03   #9684
BHPian

Quote:

Petrol vs Diesel

I have booked a Petrol AXL Automatic however some are asking me to consider diesel because of very low mileage. If I do it would be the 2WD. Difference between both models will be INR 1,10,000

Here are my reasons for considering Petrol

1. Max kms per year would 10,000 - 11,000
2. 90% drive would be highways
3. Car would be sitting idle for 3-4 weeks at a stretch if I am not travelling
4. Lower maintenance cost vs Diesel (I think)
5. Planning to keep car for 5-6 years
This is an endless debate. Usually the per km running cost difference would be about Rs 2.5 - 3/ km between petrol & diesel, after account ing for fuel, DPF, maintenance, insurance etc.
Assuming 10k km running, it is an additional expense of Rs 25k - 30k/year.
Assuming you make 15% return PA on your 1.1 lakh saved.
Which means you will break even in 5.5 to 7.5 years.
If the average run is 8k per year you break even between 8.5 to 12.5 years. Post which you start incurring extra cost of 25k - 30k / year.
Determining the resale value difference between petrol & Diesel is difficult to predict given the unpredictability in regulatory environment & technical progress.
10k per year is sort of the limit to make the decision between diesel & petrol. More than 10k go for diesel, else go for petrol.
On top of this petrol is more refined & peppier.
Decision is completely yours. Whatever you decide will be the right choice. 😄
nickelniks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:47   #9685
BHPian

Recently facing a weird error from the last few weeks while using remote command on the adrenox app. The error message is ‘error in execution, please try again later’. The remote service is not able to connect to the vehicle and after waiting for a few mins it gives this error. This error usually happens when the car is off for a long time and usually fixes itself when you try to use remote commands just after turning off the vehicle.

Also wanted to ask whether anyone has flashed their silverbox for the new updates/features to be inflicted in their 700? If yes, how is the stability of the system?
Old 31st January 2024, 20:53   #9686
RVR
BHPian

Even am facing similar issue. Looks like remote service is getting turned off if the vehicle is parked for a longer duration to reduce battery drain. This is not only limited to remote functions, even the Maps (locate my SUV) does not work and throws "Something went wrong - 102" error.
RVR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 13:36   #9687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
Long Post Alert!!!

Mahindra – The only real contender left after all this was Mahindra. The Suzuki versions of the Toyota cars didn’t interest us. We visited Salasar Autocrafts in Thane.

Potholes on Ghodbunder Road were dispatched with ease and the car did not lose composure at all.

I also changed the tyres. The stock tyres I got were Bridgestone Ecopias in 235/60 R18. I went to my usual guy at Super Tyres in Nahur and got Yokohama RV02s in the same size. There is a noticeable difference in the ride comfort and braking. Since the monsoon is over, I cannot comment much on the wet grip.
Your post came in my Google Recommendations webpage list. Great to see a fellow Thane ite and Ghodbunder Road resident's post here. Heartiest congratulations on your new XUV 700. It looks gorgeous.

One question. When you changed the stock tyre, who took care of the original tyre cost. Was it the showroom or is it Super Tyres. I understand you paid the difference only
SidTheChamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 15:48   #9688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheChamp View Post
Heartiest congratulations on your new XUV 700. It looks gorgeous.

One question. When you changed the stock tyre, who took care of the original tyre cost. Was it the showroom or is it Super Tyres. I understand you paid the difference only
Thanks! The showroom wasn’t involved in the tyre change. Super Tyres bought back the original tyres and I only had to pay the difference between the new tyre cost and the buy back value.
sumobom4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 17:12   #9689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
The day after I got the car, I went and got some more accessories from my usual shop in Vashi.
• Ambient lighting via spare fuse slot
• Dashcam hardwiring via spare fuse slot
Congratulations on your purchase!

I have two questions about the fuses:
1. Does the ambient light go off when headlights do or do they stay on always?
2. Does the dashcam turn off after locking the car?
Old 1st February 2024, 19:16   #9690
BHPian

Quote:
...I was curious to know as to how the quality of paint comes up after the painting job at the ASC.
I've had this done twice (once minor scratches and another major right portion damaged due to accident) and in both cases, it was done very well and it's unlikely anyone would be able to figure out.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks