Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 09:05   #9556

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
While this may sound silly, can you please check whether the floor mats are fouling with the steering rod?
They are not. Took it to the service center. They lubed the steering joint. Fortunately for now the noise is gone.
Alpha photon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 09:11   #9557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The engine oil prescribed in the manual for older batches (mine is June 22 manufactured) was Maximile Ultra. Sometime in 2023 M&M has changed it to Ultra V4 for all BS-6 vehicles.

It is unfortunate that your dealership is still not using the V4 for BS-6 cars. You can take up this issue with the CC and your local dealership for a long term perspective. I would suggest you change the engine oil with V4 as soon as possible.

I follow a practice of changing the engine oil at every 10K interval. I have used the V4 at my 20K service, even though engine oil change was not prescribed in the manual. Initial result was good as the engine noise and vibrations reduced and the running became smooth. But over a period of another 10K running I have noticed that the engine noise has increased slightly though the vibration etc. are not there. My car is at 29.5K now and I intend to change the oil again at 30K service.

Finally changed the engine oil to Maximile Ultra V4 after running around 2k on Maximile Ultra. Thankfully the beast is back to its normal spirit. Also the coolant level was nearing minimum so got it topped up. Though find it weird at just 11679Km.Had a word with CO-tech. People still prefer ultra as it's cheap and feel no difference in engine response. How cannot they realise these significant changes.
Old 5th January 2024, 23:05   #9558
BHPian

Hi All,

Few updates from my side and a couple of queries.

1. Completed a long drive of 5300km across Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka from 15th till 31st Dec. Car performed impeccably well across all kind of roads and in different weather conditions.

2. Mileage within a combination of national highways, state highways and ghat sections for the entire trip was just above 14 as per MID as per tank full method with 3 to 4 adults and good amount of luggage for two weeks. In one stretch of 100 km highway cruising at max 90km/h mid showed 21kmpl.

3. Gave the car for second service on 1st Jan with of at 11400 km. Total service cost was 5380 rs which included def top up of 10 litres at rs 860. Opted for Maximile ultra v4 (6l).

One of my friend who also has AX7L DIESEL was complaining about low ground clearance. On checking his, mine and couple of other XUV700 within our office parking we found that thr are two different types of rear suspensions across different vehicles. Few have metal protection under rear suspension spring coil and few don't. Reference pictures are attached. Please can somebody enlighten why this difference?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240105wa0001.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240105wa0000.jpg  

SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 00:01   #9559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Hi All,

One of my friend who also has AX7L DIESEL was complaining about low ground clearance. On checking his, mine and couple of other XUV700 within our office parking we found that thr are two different types of rear suspensions across different vehicles. Few have metal protection under rear suspension spring coil and few don't. Reference pictures are attached. Please can somebody enlighten why this difference?
Looks like the first picture is from AWD variant. Those seem to have a different setup.

Last edited by bipinbn : 6th January 2024 at 00:11.
bipinbn is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 06:04   #9560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Looks like the first picture is from AWD variant. Those seem to have a different setup.
Both are non AWD, AX7L Diesel AT. The first one is mine and was delivered in Oct23. The second one was delivered in Mar22.
Old 6th January 2024, 08:53   #9561
BHPian

Quote:
Both are non AWD, AX7L Diesel AT. The first one is mine and was delivered in Oct23. The second one was delivered in Mar22.
In the first picture the rear differential and drive shafts are clearly visible.
It is definitely AWD. Check out the car please!
sridhar-v is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 10:12   #9562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I was at the service centre recently for my 3rd Service where i brought up the issue about Apple Maps not being projected to the MID when CarPlay is used. After my CoTek followed up with Mahindra, we learnt that this is a known issue among the early batches of cars that were delivered in 2021/2022. I have been told that a new update may be released sometime this month or next, not too sure.

For those wondering what I am talking about, you can refer the below conversation and video.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5625632 (Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700)
Thank you for keeping me in the loop, my friend.

I learned from our WhatsApp group that a recent update has been released, allowing us to display GOOGLE MAPS on the MID Screen!!

Yes, you read that correctly!

I'll hold off on another trip to ASC for now. I'll wait patiently for another 2-3 months until I reach the 20k kms mark before heading there.
rudra_shiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 10:22   #9563
BHPian

Thanks Sridhar and my bad. First one is AX7L AWD (Oct2023 model) Second one is AX7L AT (Mar2023 model). The pictures in this post are from my AX7L Non AWD (Oct2023 model). Apart from drive Shaft we can clearly see the difference in suspension setup between Oct2023 models and Mar2023 model. This is highlited through red coloured circles in the pics. Is this just a protective case for suspension or have Mahindra changed suspension setup also?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240106_1013122.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240106_1013162.jpg  

Old 6th January 2024, 12:08   #9564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
After my CoTek followed up with Mahindra, we learnt that this is a known issue among the early batches of cars that were delivered in 2021/2022.
I had the third service yesterday and brought up the same issue for my 2021 Nov AX7 P AT. After a set of confusion and denials, they decided to reflash and reset by disconnecting the battery. Meantime they checked in a brand new XUV700 and saw it is working.

After the reflash with same version, 10.27.62 for AX7, Google maps started working. It was working on full screen too.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3592.jpg

After driving a while I noticed that the map is reset to an empty map with no destination or navigation, only to realize that Google maps has stopped working and it was the Apple maps that is showing up now. Apple maps continued to work normal. I tried uninstalling Apple maps in the hope that it would stop taking over; I started getting empty screen with no maps. But note, Apple Carplay is still connected, and it is not the 'Set route to begin message'.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3596.jpg

So, to summarize, Apple Carplay is working on the MID now but it seems buggy; I haven't got it working again yet for Google maps despite a factory reset of the AdrenoX unit and disconnecting battery again. So, I do not know if it is an update as the version hasn't changed and they mentioned there is no newer update. It is likely a reflash and reset that helped.

Probably it is just me, but I noticed the split screen feature of AdrenoX for the first time. If it is not there in your car, there is likely indeed an update. You can get this by swiping right from the home screen by a long-touch on the clock widget. There are four slots, which you can utilize for 2 to 4 widgets based on the size you choose for each. Of course, this does not support Android Auto or Carplay, which reduces the utility.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3598.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
My 700 turned 1 year old this December, though the suspension works a bit louder as compared to other vehicles

This was a pleasant surprise after the service yesterday. After driving few KMs from the ASC, I started feeling that the car has gone eerily silent. Especially after hitting an highway, the car sound felt too silent than usual; all that I could feel was the tyre noise! They had retorqued all suspension and steering joints as I had complained about a steering clunk. Then I tried driving through some bad patches too to realize that the suspension noises are gone fully! The familiar tak tak sound while driving on uneven surface is not noticeable any more. I shall update after driving around more.

They have not yet diagnosed the steering clunk is a different story!

Last edited by impala : 6th January 2024 at 12:20.
impala is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 09:19   #9565
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sridhar and my bad. First one is AX7L AWD (Oct2023 model) Second one is AX7L AT (Mar2023 model). The pictures in this post are from my AX7L Non AWD (Oct2023 model). Apart from drive Shaft we can clearly see the difference in suspension setup between Oct2023 models and Mar2023 model. This is highlited through red coloured circles in the pics. Is this just a protective case for suspension or have Mahindra changed suspension setup also?
It looks like a bolt on stiffener bracket has been put in place. Once they get feedback on the real life performance it is likely they will convert it to a weldment addon.
But this reduces ground clearnance in bad road scenarios!!
sridhar-v is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 09:22   #9566

Quote:
This was most probably done to circumvent the GST laws regarding ground clearance. With this reducing ground clearance by certain MM XUV could stay under 48% bracket instead of 50%.
sachit0901 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 15:32   #9567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
This was a pleasant surprise after the service yesterday . . . ASC had retorqued all suspension and steering joints . . . suspension noises are gone fully! The familiar tak tak sound while driving on uneven surface is not noticeable any more.
This post felt like a dream. I am tired of putting up with the suspension noises on my XUV700 ever since Day 1. Please do keep us updated. I would be happy to know if the noises can be resolved by retorquing the suspension and steering joints.

I was planning to spend the 24,000 or thereabouts rupees needed to change the entire suspension due to the frustrating harsh nature of the suspension.
Old 8th January 2024, 14:16   #9568
RVR
BHPian

Mods: Kindly move this to appropriate page, incase this post does not fit here

Issue with WYH/M4A app:
I own a XUV700 AX7L AWD. Have been facing bit of an issue with the WYH app / website for the past 10 days and seeking some help here if anyone's got a contact high up in Mahindra to escalate.

Customer database in WYH app is completely messed. I have started getting calls from across south India about service feedback for the vehicles I don't own. Initially I discounted it as a wrong call, only to find out later that at least 8~10 cars have been updated with my mobile number & email ID.. I don't own these cars, but I keep getting RO & service bills to my email and feedback calls too. What's more interesting is my car's details has now got registered with someone else's email & phone.

Wrote multiple emails to Mahindra Customer care and even spoke to them. Someone from WYH technical team called back and asked me to take my car to the nearest service station so the issue could be fixed. Really Mahindra? How interesting?

As I write this note here, I have been kicked out WYH and I can't even signup as a new user coz my car is now tagged to someone else's phone number & email ID.
Called up my service center and they say my vehicle's history is completely wiped in the system. They are unable to see the history neither by phone number nor by Vehicle registration number.

Can someone suggest next course of action as this is literally getting on to my nerves now.
Old 8th January 2024, 14:25   #9569
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
it chimes a bit below 80 or near 120. I convinced myself that probably the vehicle has attained the speed, but speedo is lagging.

But it was always only 2-3 kmph difference for me, not 15-20 kmph. Better get the sensors checked.
Don't think this is an issue. AFAIK, continuous chime gets triggered once you cross 120KMph and stays until you reduce your speed below ~115KMph. You will have to bring your speed below 115 for the chime to stop.
Old 8th January 2024, 20:11   #9570
BHPian

Looks like MX variant has got turn-by-turn navigation feature enabled in MID, with latest software update. I got this photo from MX owners whatsapp group. Thanks Mahindra for giving this feature in MX variant. If I remember correctly, this feature was never promised for MX variant, it wasn't even mentioned in brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20240107-10.55.47-am.jpeg  

ramki.grandhi is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks