Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2023, 12:40   #9511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
Thanks to this forum, after the first couple of times we've always gotten the insurance on our own. When we had to claim for a windshield replacement & side panel repaint for our Dzire, the MS dealer's employees (Beekay Auto, Matigara Siliguri WB) told me that since the insurance wasn't from Maruti, I'll have to call the concerned insurance company's surveyor myself. I called him, the guy came, took the pics, asked me to upload a few documents to their portal and they approved the job. This was in 2018.
Had the insurance been from the dealer they would've done these things on their own so there is a bit of a difference. This may be a dealer specific practice too but either way, it wasn't much of a hassle considering the savings.
One difference I found is that if insurance company is not one of the popular ones then the surveyer usually doesn't visit the service center daily and may need some follow up. But I never had issue with established players like ICICI or HDFC insurance as the claim intimation/processing is quite seamless and customer care is pretty responsive.

I'd be careful with some of the lesser known or new age online companies and always advise the customer to do some ground work regarding claim processing and cashless tie up (which I mentioned in my previous post). Lowest price quote may not always be the best in customer's interest.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 27th December 2023 at 12:53.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 18:06   #9512

Hello everyone, I had a question for all the long time XUV700 owners. How useful have all the ADAS features been in daily driving? I would especially like to know about the benefits they offer in the city. Your thoughts on this would be well appreciated!
Old 27th December 2023, 19:00   #9513
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 drives past 150,000 sales in 29 months.
Amazing feat for home grown brand

https://www.autocarpro.in/analysis-s...-months-118387

Source : Autocarpro
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 01:19   #9514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperPara42 View Post
How useful have all the ADAS features been in daily driving? I would especially like to know about the benefits they offer in the city.
I have AEB enabled at all times (city as well as highway drives), it has helped a couple of times in the city when two-wheelers and auto rickshaws suddenly came in front of my car. If I didn't have it enabled, there would've been a collision for sure.

On highway drives when the road is not too congested, I use Adaptive Cruise Control often. It decreases the fatigue in my leg, helps cover very long distances comfortably (although I have to say this car is comfortable on long distances even without ACC enabled). I've also noticed that the mileage is slightly better with ACC enabled. When the road has a lot of vehicles, I turn it off as I find the vehicle detection threshold to be too conservative for my liking. It maintains a very safe distance from the vehicle in front, maybe with time I'll get used to it as well.

Some of the other features like Lane Keep Assist - It works well when there are clear lane markings, but in practise I have kept it disabled always, never found much use of it.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 01:36   #9515
BHPian

I have a Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI and was considering replacing it with a Mahindra XUV700. The ride seems to be good on the xuv 700. However my biggest concern is the multiple reports from various sources of brake failure issues on Mahindra cars.

Here is a link by youtuber vikas which has probably been shared on team bhp before as well.

The issue seems to be with the master cylinder that is necessary for the hydraulics to function.

I see in the comments on the same video that a in 2012 a scorpio had a similar issue. There is also another youtube video by another person which talks of inadequate brake performance. I also see on quora that someone has reported brake failure on TUV 300. I don't have all the links bookmarked to share with you as I just happened to read/view these.

Would like to know if this is an issue more people have heard of?
If this is a repeat question please point me to the appropriate link if possible.

One thing I know for sure with Skoda is that brakes will not give up even if the pads or disc gives up. I'd keep it irrespective of reliability issues and poor service due to safety concerns.

Thanks in advance,
Vikrant.
vikrantshete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 06:45   #9516

Thank you Vtach and Aviator_guy for providing insights about insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
I was quoted ~ 99K for the AWD, got it for ~63 K on my own and plonked the difference into accessories
Our figo was insured from United India and when I checked with the agent who used to renew our insurance gave me a quote of ~82k and even told me there is something called tariff discount that will be applicable and I need to negotiate with the dealer on it. This was something new to me. Hope insurance people and other well informed Tbhpians might be aware of it.

Since my dealer is having tie up with only 2 companies, Chola MS and Liberty, I opted to check online with CholaMS. They were providing me a quote of 75k including gst, with all addons covered where 75% tariff discount was provided on own damage. The dealer quoted a whopping 1.53L for insurance and it was brought down to 1.23L and later to 1.03L when I mentioned about the tariff discounts. 75% offer from insurance provider online vs 60% tariff discount from dealer. So I decided to go with online insurance itself. The dealer was also trying to convince me to take from them for hassle-free service. When asked for what extra cover they are providing apart from what is mentioned online, they telling about cover during floods (which wont happen in the place where I live currently) and rat bite etc which will already be covered in bumper to bumper comprehensive package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Dealers earn fat commission on new car insurance from unsuspecting customers.

Customer can buy own insurance by keeping in mind that the insurance company should have vast network of cashless tie up.
Many folks in the forum (including myself) have opted to buy insurance on our own and as long as it is from a reputed company with good cashless network coverage pan India
Agreed on the comissions part. I was shown an insurance copy of someone who has taken delivery of AX7L model and insurance from dealer for 1.52L poor guy.

Quote:
But I never had issue with established players like ICICI or HDFC insurance as the claim intimation/processing is quite seamless

I'd be careful with some of the lesser known or new age online companies.
Lowest price quote may not always be the best in customer's interest.
I checked with ICICI and was quoted 75k including gst. While TATA AIG quoted 1.33L without discount as my invoice is yet to be generated. I was told that the offers can be provided only after the car is invoiced. Earlier someone in a previous post, a couple of pages before this, mentioned that he was provided with ~65k premium for TATA AIG from the dealer.

Is it better to go with CholaMS as dealer has tie up or can I choose ICICI or other providers who will have huge coverage pan india? CholaMS and ICICI are similarly priced at ~75k and I'm not sure of CholaMS's reputation. Any suggestions are welcomed.

My AX7L D AT is to be invoiced today and I need to take a quick call on insurance for quick delivery by next week.

TIA
-ID
Old 28th December 2023, 12:54   #9517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post
rat bite etc which will already be covered in bumper to bumper comprehensive package.
Rat bite damage is a real possibility so it is good to have it covered. It is not always part of the b2b package. It is better to confirm, otherwise opt for rodent cover separately.

I'd also advice you to take engine protect add on as well if not done already. It covers sequential damage to the engine due to accident or oil loss etc. Also covers hydrostatic damage (water related damages) to the engine which may happen due to floods or even wading on water logged roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post

Is it better to go with CholaMS as dealer has tie up or can I choose ICICI or other providers who will have huge coverage pan india? CholaMS and ICICI are similarly priced at ~75k and I'm not sure of CholaMS's reputation. Any suggestions are welcomed.

My AX7L D AT is to be invoiced today and I need to take a quick call on insurance for quick delivery by next week.

TIA
-ID
I'd advice you to check the insurance company website or call customer care to check for cashless network garage list and make sure your choice of service centers are part of the network.

If you are happy with the dealer quote and difference in pricing is acceptable, then you can go ahead with dealer insurance in case you don't have time.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th December 2023 at 13:19.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 15:37   #9518

Quote:
Rat bite damage is a real possibility so it is good to have it covered. It is not always part of the b2b package. It is better to confirm, otherwise opt for rodent cover separately.

I'd also advice you to take engine protect add on as well if not done already. It covers sequential damage to the engine due to accident or oil loss etc. Also covers hydrostatic damage (water related damages) to the engine which may happen due to floods or even wading on water logged roads.

I'd advice you to check the insurance company website or call customer care to check for cashless network garage list and make sure your choice of service centers are part of the network.

If you are happy with the dealer quote and difference in pricing is acceptable, then you can go ahead with dealer insurance in case you don't have time.
Thanks Aviator_guy for the response.

Yes rodent cover is included in the comprehensive cover and I have opted for engine cover too! Bumper to bumper with addons like engine cover(hydrostatic lock cover), RTI, 100% depreciation, consumables, personal belonging cover, personal accidental coverage and unnamed passenger coverage has been opted by me.

The CholaMS has cashless coverage with the dealer from where I am getting the car. So i think it would be wise to go with CholaMS online as the difference between online and dealer is 27K.

Waiting for the invoice to be generated
striker07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 23:43   #9519
BHPian

Is there an easy way to identify the exact point where the jack should be placed to lift the car up for tire replacement or puncture repair?

I have a small puncture in the rear left wheel and I am on a long road trip. Being late in the night, I thought I will quickly repair it myself as I am carrying all the necessary supplies to repair: but somehow could not locate the exact jack point.

My car is AWD L model fitted with Mahindra side steps. If someone can send a pic ref or a good YouTube video ref, that would be great.

Owners manual did not helped much. RSA team mentioned we can send a technician, but cannot help with this technical query

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th December 2023, 09:01   #9520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
Is there an easy way to identify the exact point where the jack should be placed to lift the car up for tire replacement or puncture repair?

Last edited by sunilsoft : 29th December 2023 at 09:03. Reason: Link wasn't working
sunilsoft is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 15:30   #9521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
You should ask for a replacement of the throttle body under warranty and ask the ASC to connect you with the M&M Service Manager of your area.
======
You're spot-on except that I would prefer the side steps and the corner protectors are known to come-off after some time.
From the past few days I can hear and sense a weird noise from my steering when I turn it to extreme left or right. It feels as if some sort of lubrication has dried up. This usually happens when the car has been sitting idle for like 3-4 hours. What can be the possible cause ?
Old 29th December 2023, 15:33   #9522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post
I had replaced my cars windshield due to a similar problem through and insurance claim. ASC at Bangalore took a days time to get the work done through insurance and delivered the car next day.
How can we get a replacement for the HSRP sticker ? Any ideas ?
Old 29th December 2023, 16:06   #9523

Hi, I am a new member and this is my first post to TeamBHP starting the journey with an XUV 700. Yes after 14 months of waiting i took the delivery of my XUV AX7 last month. I was reading through multiple posts in this thread and was waiting for my car through out.

Only last week i had an opportunity to go on a long road trip and enjoyed the drive thoroughly, except that i have question to other longtime owners - the XUV overspeed buzzer continuously chimes when speed touches 100 KMPH

The owners manual says that there is a primary level alert at 80 KMPH and the secondary level at 120 KMPH which then buzzes continuously.

I am not getting any primary alert at 80 KMPH but it starts buzzing at 100 KMPH. Is this normal in all XUV 700?
Old 29th December 2023, 17:30   #9524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matgeo View Post
The owners manual says that there is a primary level alert at 80 KMPH and the secondary level at 120 KMPH which then buzzes continuously.

I am not getting any primary alert at 80 KMPH but it starts buzzing at 100 KMPH. Is this normal in all XUV 700?
Congratulations for the new acquisition! Not sure if the newer cars have anything new in them with regards to the speed chimes - this was mandated govt thing. At the speeds of 120 kmph onwards you should be able to hear chimes continuously. In my 2022 Ax7L AWD, the speed chime comes only once at 80 kmph and then after 120 kmph it stays. I don't remember seeing the chimes at 100 kmph. Either we are missing something here or things have changed in latest rollouts
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 19:40   #9525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha photon View Post
From the past few days I can hear and sense a weird noise from my steering when I turn it to extreme left or right.
What kind of noise is it? I have reported two issues to the ASC but they have been maintaining one of it’s normal but haven’t yet been able to reproduce the second one in front of them.

First issue is a hitting Tak sound which was well dampened earlier when the steering reaches extreme ends. This sound is common in many cars, especially the older ones but XUV700 used to behave as if a spring is there and it didn’t feel like there’s a hard physical stop.

Second issue is again an occasional Tak sound only on left side but before it reaches the end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks