Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2023, 12:13   #9466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha photon View Post
Hi. I own a XUV 7OO AX5 D MT. Can you give me any update regarding the current engine oil that your XUV 7OO is using. I also got my second service of XUV 7OO done at 10K . They used Maximile ultra as they had No V4 in stock. Immediately after the service when I drove the car , the engine was very noisy and full of vibrations. I have driven these 10K kms all by myself and am not at all happy with the current response of my car. I enquired at my workshop and they clearly denied ordering maximile ultra V4 for me. Fortunately I got one Mahindra workshop in Lucknow which is ready to order V4 for me. My current odometer stats are 11670. Should I change the engine oil as soon as the V4 is available or instead i should wait for the car to complete an extra 9K kms ?
The engine oil prescribed in the manual for older batches (mine is June 22 manufactured) was Maximile Ultra. Sometime in 2023 M&M has changed it to Ultra V4 for all BS-6 vehicles.

It is unfortunate that your dealership is still not using the V4 for BS-6 cars. You can take up this issue with the CC and your local dealership for a long term perspective. I would suggest you change the engine oil with V4 as soon as possible.

I follow a practice of changing the engine oil at every 10K interval. I have used the V4 at my 20K service, even though engine oil change was not prescribed in the manual. Initial result was good as the engine noise and vibrations reduced and the running became smooth. But over a period of another 10K running I have noticed that the engine noise has increased slightly though the vibration etc. are not there. My car is at 29.5K now and I intend to change the oil again at 30K service.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 17:21   #9467

Hello teamBHPians. I have a 5 month old XUV with 8700kms on the odo. Since the last few weeks I have been observing a creaking noise from the rear right side door whenever the car goes over any undulation (like speedbreaker), specially when the car is approaching at an angle.
Has anyone else observed such kind of a noise?

By month end or by 1st week of Jan I will be taking my XUV for the 10K service and will be getting this checked. Would appreciate if anyone else had faced this issue & had found the reason for the same so that I can tell my service advisor for the same.
Old 18th December 2023, 17:54   #9468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Piscean View Post
Hello teamBHPians. I have a 5 month old XUV with 8700kms on the odo. Since the last few weeks I have been observing a creaking noise from the rear right side door whenever the car goes over any undulation (like speedbreaker), specially when the car is approaching at an angle.

By month end or by 1st week of Jan I will be taking my XUV for the 10K service and will be getting this checked. Would appreciate if anyone else had faced this issue & had found the reason for the same so that I can tell my service advisor for the same.
A proper wash/clean of weather seals and a WD40 spray worked for one of the known contacts with same issue, ASC was of no use on this and a known independent garage did this and the noise has stopped. Give this a try and see if it works for you.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 17:59   #9469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
A proper wash/clean of weather seals and a WD40 spray worked for one of the known contacts with same issue, ASC was of no use on this and a known independent garage did this and the noise has stopped. Give this a try and see if it works for you.
Thanks will surely try this. Appreciate your quick response.
But for a 5 month old car does the weather seals become hard so fast?
I had a TUV for 8 years & never found any issue with weather seals or any such noise.

Anyways thanks again for your suggestion.
Old 18th December 2023, 23:01   #9470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Piscean View Post
I have driven my XUV7OO for 26.5K km and have this issue in both the front doors. I understand from my discussion with CoTEK that this is an issue that has been highlighted by many owners. The root cause has been identified (rubber beading) and resolution in the form of recall is expected to be rolled out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
This is a temporary solution. The problem will come back in 4-5 months, I can say this with my personal experience. Looking forward to get a permanent solution from M&M.

Cheers!
StarVector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 02:10   #9471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post
My doubt here is, will this car come from factory for real or is the dealer trying to push me a PDI rejected car or may be if someone has decided to pass on the car due to some financial arrangements. I know I'm over thinking, but still for a car of 3Million, I need to be sure that I'm not given a defective product which was rejected in PDI by some other customer. Fingers crossed.
You are lucky that you're getting a chance to own the AWD-Midnight Black model so quickly. Some of us had to wait upto 12-14 months to get our hands on it.

XUV700 is still maintaining a decent backlog, so, there is a good chance that the vehicle would have come from the factory and is not a PDI reject.

Being year end, the dealer might be pushing for the stock to be cleared and hence pushing for invoice.

All your terms of payments and refund should be put on paper/email acknowledged/signed by the dealer.

Be extra cautious while doing the PDI. Take your car enthusiast friends with you for a thorough check. Team-BHP provides a comprehensive list of PDI. If possible, hire someone from the likes of https://www.zekardo.com/ or anyone similar accessible to you. VIN no should be able to confirm the manufactured month and year.

Although there is no confirmation, but another point to consider would be probable increase in prices in Jan/Feb. So, if you get your invoice done right now with all the terms and conditions, you might end up saving some few thousand INRs.
Old 19th December 2023, 10:23   #9472

Quote:

Sorry for the long post. Looking for your suggestions.

TIA
-ID
I had a similar experience while buying My AX7L AT white from India Garage Palace cross road Bangalore. Booking was done in the month of Aug 2022 and i kept on following up with the dealer every month for allotment. In the month of Dec 2022, dealer called me and told me of an option of an AX7L AWD variant in the same colour as my actual booking. i had put my conditions that i would do a PDI at the yard once the car arrives and only after the PDI i would do any payments or start the loan processing. Dealer didnt agree for a PDI at the yard rather he got the car to the showroom and i did a complete PDI with the teambhp PDI checklist and found the car satisfactory. Even i was informed that the car is allotted to the delaer due to the year end and they even had lot many Thar's and Scorpio N allotted the same way as my car was allotted to the dealer. So i feel you should push the dealer for a PDI before any payments from your end.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th December 2023 at 11:14. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability. Please quote only the relevant portions. Thanks
tatrahumvee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 10:47   #9473

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
You are lucky that you're getting a chance to own the AWD-Midnight Black model so quickly. Some of us had to wait upto 12-14 months to get our hands on it.

XUV700 is still maintaining a decent backlog, so, there is a good chance that the vehicle would have come from the factory and is not a PDI reject.

Being year end, the dealer might be pushing for the stock to be cleared and hence pushing for invoice.

All your terms of payments and refund should be put on paper/email acknowledged/signed by the dealer.

Be extra cautious while doing the PDI. Take your car enthusiast friends with you for a thorough check. Team-BHP provides a comprehensive list of PDI. If possible, hire someone from the likes of https://www.zekardo.com/ or anyone similar accessible to you. VIN no should be able to confirm the manufactured month and year.

Although there is no confirmation, but another point to consider would be probable increase in prices in Jan/Feb. So, if you get your invoice done right now with all the terms and conditions, you might end up saving some few thousand INRs.
I have cancelled my AWD online booking from dealer#1 and booked through dealer#2 for AX7L D AT non-AWD Midnight Black as they promised me early delivery and I too needed the car sooner.

I too strongly believe that it comes from factory and as told by my SA, the PDI would not be possible without any payment upfront as this is not my allotted car. Yes, I'll try to get in email regarding the refund if I'm not satisfied with the car after PDI. I will try to take/hire someone with me for PDI

If someone has PDI list specific for xuv700, can you guys please share it? TIA

Latest update from dealer- they are waiting for some 4-5 cars to be invoiced and shipped to them, but there is no confirmation on any of it from factory side.
I will be happy if I get the car before end of December and I plan to start the new year with the beloved XUV700 fingers crossed.

Will keep you guys posted on any further updates from my SA.

-ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post
I had a similar experience while buying My AX7L AT white from India Garage Palace cross road Bangalore. Booking was done in the month of Aug 2022 and i kept on following up with the dealer every month for allotment. In the month of Dec 2022, dealer called me and told me of an option of an AX7L AWD variant in the same colour as my actual booking. i had put my conditions that i would do a PDI at the yard once the car arrives and only after the PDI i would do any payments or start the loan processing. Dealer didnt agree for a PDI at the yard rather he got the car to the showroom and i did a complete PDI with the teambhp PDI checklist and found the car satisfactory. Even i was informed that the car is allotted to the delaer due to the year end and they even had lot many Thar's and Scorpio N allotted the same way as my car was allotted to the dealer. So i feel you should push the dealer for a PDI before any payments from your end.
Thanks for the response. I will try to push for PDI without any payments at least at their showroom if not at their stock yard.

Will keep you posted.

Please share your reviews on 1 year of ownership.

Thanks,
-ID

Last edited by Eddy : 19th December 2023 at 11:14. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 19th December 2023, 13:27   #9474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
The root cause has been identified (rubber beading) and resolution in the form of recall is expected to be rolled out soon.
Good to know that this will be fixed permanently. I've had rectification done twice by ASC but the problem reoccurs. Thought this is one of those niggles I'd have to just live with.
Old 19th December 2023, 15:07   #9475

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
I have driven my XUV7OO for 26.5K km and have this issue in both the front doors. I understand from my discussion with CoTEK that this is an issue that has been highlighted by many owners. The root cause has been identified (rubber beading) and resolution in the form of recall is expected to be rolled out soon.
Thanks for the info. I too will highlight this issue in the upcoming 10K service. Hope Mahindra rolls out the resolution quickly.
Old 19th December 2023, 16:35   #9476

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
Good to know that this will be fixed permanently. I've had rectification done twice by ASC but the problem reoccurs. Thought this is one of those niggles I'd have to just live with.
This problem started in my car as well couple of months back during the monsoons and i had complained many times to the ASC during service and other visits. But they would somehow tweak it in such a way that the problem wont come up for some days and again it pops up after couple of days. I was also thinking that i would have to live with this problem. Good to hear that the issue will be fixed.

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I will try to push for PDI without any payments at least at their showroom if not at their stock yard.

Will keep you posted.

Please share your reviews on 1 year of ownership.

Thanks,
You are Welcome, I have had a great experience owning this car for the last one year and but i have just driven it for 16K odd kms in the last one year. AWD is really nice to drive around and had tested the AWD capability a little during our visit to Dabbaguli in Karnataka. Highway drives have been very comfortable and economical as well. I have sometimes got mileage of 16KMPL during our long drives to Thrissur and Trivandrum.

In the initial months of ownership my Windshield had cracked and i had to get it replaced in Insurance, India garage Whitefield replaced it but had scratched the inner portion of the windshield while trying to remove the pricing sticker from it. I complained to M&M and then they replaced it with another Windshield free of cost.

In another instance the suspension was making noises which sounded like metal clanging for which i had complained multiple times. India garage couldn't rectify it for many months. During my last visit to replace the Model logo on the boot i had again raised this complaint and another complaint of engine noise when i was turning of the engine. They opened up the suspension setup and fixed it back according to the ASC and the suspension noise issue was resolved. They did some removal of hoses and fixing to the engine and the engine noise was also sorted.

Another issue which came up after the Last update of system firmware was the carplay freezing issue after around 5-10 minutes of wireless running. I tried carplay with the cable and it was running without any problems. Durnig the last visit they flashed the firmware again and the carplay freezing issue has not come up for last couple of days.

Once during my 800km long trip from Trivandrum to Bangalore the car stopped on its own near Nagercoil with a check engine warning. I started the car after around five minutes and it started without any problems and kept on running without any issues, after around 45 minutes the check engine light was also gone. I had asked ASC to check this issue as well but they said there was no log of any errors as such in the car when they checked.

One permanent unresolvable issue is the football in the boot issue for which nobody has answers yet.

Although the Ownership has not been niggle free but pushing ASC mostly gets the issues resolved and Mahindra is very prompt in communicating and resolving whatever they can.

Last edited by graaja : 20th December 2023 at 11:19. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
tatrahumvee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 18:09   #9477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The engine oil prescribed in the manual for older batches (mine is June 22 manufactured) was Maximile Ultra. Sometime in 2023 M&M has changed it to Ultra V4 for all BS-6 vehicles.

It is unfortunate that your dealership is still not using the V4 for BS-6 cars. You can take up this issue with the CC and your local dealership for a long term perspective. I would suggest you change the engine oil with V4 as soon as possible.

I follow a practice of changing the engine oil at every 10K interval. I have used the V4 at my 20K service, even though engine oil change was not prescribed in the manual. Initial result was good as the engine noise and vibrations reduced and the running became smooth. But over a period of another 10K running I have noticed that the engine noise has increased slightly though the vibration etc. are not there. My car is at 29.5K now and I intend to change the oil again at 30K service.
Thank you sommos. Yes mine is BSVI V2 February 2023 manufactured . The user manual clearly states the use of Maximile ultra V4. Also at the 10K km service my vehicle's OBD light popped up. Upon investigation the Technician told me that the throttle body needs to be cleaned. What I wanted to know was is it normal for the throttle body to be clogged under 10k Kms where the car has been mostly driven in city.
Old 19th December 2023, 19:28   #9478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carophile View Post

The problem statement:
Sudden Battery drain resulting in vehicle not starting- Needing Jump Start.
I am facing something very similar, if not the exact same problem. Mine is a petrol AT. Car would crank but won’t start. In my case I kept on trying to start it (off and on) for 7-8 minutes and then it would start. On most occasions the infotainment screen would come on but the car wouldn’t start. Also the car wouldn’t lock if I tried to, and the infotainment screen would stay on. It is quite a sight to be standing outside the car, which you’re unable to start or lock and the infotainment screen is shining brightly.

Earlier this problem occurred if I didn’t start the car for a few days (say a week or thereabouts). Then it started happening when the car was unused for 2-3 days. The latest episode took place over the weekend at a friends farmhouse which I had reached only the previous evening, so the gap between two start attempts was about 15 hours.

Took the car to NBS Mahindra on Monday. As expected they said 1) we will check the battery (which came out ok) & 2) we will update the software (which they have done at least 5 times over the last 18 months, hence I have no faith in Mahindra’s ability to come out with a stable release that actually solves everything).

They have no real clue why the car won’t start and have asked me to “observe the car” after the nth software update and report any problems. I have to now admit that this isn’t a reliable vehicle and can potentially strand someone anywhere.
Old 19th December 2023, 19:36   #9479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha photon View Post
Also at the 10K km service my vehicle's OBD light popped up. Upon investigation the Technician told me that the throttle body needs to be cleaned. What I wanted to know was is it normal for the throttle body to be clogged under 10k Kms where the car has been mostly driven in city.
I faced this issue twice. First time the throttle valve was only cleaned but the check OBD indication came back in few days. This time, the throttle valve was replaced under warranty. I have driven about 8K km after that and haven't faced this issue.
StarVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 20:14   #9480

Hi
I guess it could be for 2 reasons:
A) As member Sunilsoft suggested, engine immobilizer issue. Since engine is cranking but not starting while the battery is ok , it may not be receiving the code from fob hence not turning on. Try using the other key fob if possible when this happens .
B) it could be the starter motor/ solenoid issue which is preventing engine start.

Although above indicators do not explain doors not locking but can prove useful while talking to ASC.
I also have poor experience of NBS where I went for same problem twice. Planning to leave the car at workshop post New year eve and not taking it back till the fault in found in all its technicality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
I am facing something very similar, if not the exact same problem. Mine is a petrol AT. Car would crank but won’t start. In my case I kept on trying to start it (off and on) for 7-8 minutes and then it would start. On most occasions the infotainment screen would come on but the car wouldn’t start. Also the car wouldn’t lock if I tried to, and the infotainment screen would stay on. It is quite a sight to be standing outside the car, which you’re unable to start or lock and the infotainment screen is shining brightly.

Earlier this problem occurred if I didn’t start the car for a few days (say a week or thereabouts). Then it started happening when the car was unused for 2-3 days. The latest episode took place over the weekend at a friends farmhouse which I had reached only the previous evening, so the gap between two start attempts was about 15 hours.

Took the car to NBS Mahindra on Monday. As expected they said 1) we will check the battery (which came out ok) & 2) we will update the software (which they have done at least 5 times over the last 18 months, hence I have no faith in Mahindra’s ability to come out with a stable release that actually solves everything).

They have no real clue why the car won’t start and have asked me to “observe the car” after the nth software update and report any problems. I have to now admit that this isn’t a reliable vehicle and can potentially strand someone anywhere.

Most Viewed