Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2023, 11:08   #9346

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I am in the process of booking AX7L AWD variant in Midnight Black shade. Sales advisor says no update / facelift is planned in the near future, but I am sure there is a facelift in the pipeline. Need advice on whether I should hold off on the booking till the facelift is officially confirmed or continue with the booking right away? Also the sales advisor has assured me delivery before end of 2023 and if I wait prices would go up in Jan2024.
Old 24th November 2023, 12:32   #9347

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post

Thanks for confirming about the quality of the mats. That reinforces my decision to not go with Mahindra mats.

I have a question though: Is this "7D" really practical? Isnt is a bit tedious to remove & re-attach these multi-part mats? Whats your experience?
It is not that tidious as most of the mud & dirt is on noodle mat which can be easliy removed & cleaned. I clean the floor mat with a wet cloth. You can see the mats in the image below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
I checked for the quality of illuminated scuff plates and the fitment appears to increase panel gap in already misaligned door trim panels (coming from Japanese cars ).

Can you share picture of your scuff plate fitment.
This was one of the reason i did not go for the illuminated scuff plates. I went for the non illuminated ones. Below is the image
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-scuff-plate.jpeg  

khan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 15:16   #9348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC76 View Post
I am in the process of booking AX7L AWD variant in Midnight Black shade. Sales advisor says no update / facelift is planned in the near future, but I am sure there is a facelift in the pipeline. Need advice on whether I should hold off on the booking till the facelift is officially confirmed or continue with the booking right away? Also the sales advisor has assured me delivery before end of 2023 and if I wait prices would go up in Jan2024.
Possible addition of AX9 and AX9L with ventilated seats might be in the pipeline, if it's your requirement you may wait. IMHO, Mahindra is too busy with other cars to release an extensive facelift of XUV700.

I didn't want to wait for another 3 months coupled with budget constraints. Price lift was also told to me but seems unreal as the last hike was in September, but then you never know Mahindra!
Old 24th November 2023, 16:13   #9349

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Mine is expiring in the last week of December. I'm conflicted myself on whether to renew it. Unless Mahindra has plans of moving to either Jio or Airtel e-sim, we are virtually wasting our money on Vodafone.
I got a confirmation from Mahindra that they have no plans of changing the carrier services. It will remain Vodafone.
Shashank700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 00:44   #9350

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
One week back ,I called a few Dealerships in Delhi and a number of them had an AX7 AT available.
Follow up question: How did you choose between AX7L and AX7- or was it just whatever was available first?
Old 25th November 2023, 07:42   #9351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post
Follow up question: How did you choose between AX7L and AX7- or was it just whatever was available first?
My list of must have features were ticked in AX7 variant.I didn’t find the need to spend extra couple of Lakhs for the additional features ‘L’ was offering.They were nice to have but not necessary.

Infact ,if they had automatic climate control in AX5 ,I would have picked that version.Somehow ,it’s in my list of must have features.

I also admit having a prejudice that top model never justify the premium they carry.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 14:46   #9352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Yes, I did through with the arrangement I had in mind.

1. I bought INICIO 154w 12v Good Quality Multisocket accessory in order to extend 12v Socket to the front row.
Thank you for the detailed post on how you found a fix for this 'design flaw'. Pls share your experience so far with this product, it's placement & usage.

I use my laptop frequently in the car & would certainly need a way to charge it in the car, plus I don't think there is a fastcharge option available in the current XUV setup (wireless charging is slow & wired is not like 45W)
Old 26th November 2023, 00:32   #9353
BHPian

Build quality of Mahindra after colliding with a motorcycle. Car was in less than 50 speed. Motorcycle tried to overtake the bus while being behind it while we were on our path and suddenly hit the car, they were in high speed.

Airbags did not deploy, not even one. It halted but the right portion is broken as if it hit something heavy.

This made us question the tall 5 star global ncap rated safety claims. We can argue as much as we want but it's car vs light weight motorcycle that caused so much damage.

I've gone from being a fan to losing faith.

How would the scenes look like if this had happened with Fortuner or so.

Also, imagine the impact with other car when it could cause so much damage with a motorcycle.

Maybe this is the end of the association with this brand and vehicle. This is just 1.5 year old car with under 20k KM on ODO driven by a 20 year experienced professional driver and in 100% stock condition, not even sun films installed -- Only official accessories, so nothing could've hindered the airbag deployment or caused it. The car has gone for probably 15 times or so to service center for one or the other concerns, I've ignored giving chance after chances thinking it'll get better and have overlooked but this was the breaking point.

Some will argue that's not how airbags work because we weren't in such a high-speed. But the truth is, it's a shocking experience overall and questionable build quality. Even my SA wants to investigate why airbags didn't get deployed, the answer isn't simple.

P.S. It was being driven by my driver. Fortunately, car passengers are safe. Motorcycle riders sustained some injuries but otherwise fine.

Edit: What you think about repairs btw? I kinda feel it won't be the same again and it's a done case.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-bb4dd1fc0fb345ea80aa08fdb0e49bfc.jpg  

Last edited by Smartomotive : 26th November 2023 at 00:42. Reason: Revision. Fixes
Smartomotive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 06:31   #9354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Build quality of Mahindra after colliding with a motorcycle. What you think about repairs btw? I kinda feel it won't be the same again and it's a done case.
I'm sorry for your loss. The build quality of Mahindra vehicles has been disappointing for me as well. Despite giving Mahindra multiple chances, I've come to the realization that both Mahindra and Tata are facing similar challenges, but Tata's build quality surpasses that of Mahindra. Despite reaching out on social media, the issues I faced with Mahindra were never resolved. I would caution others against attempting to fix their accidentally damaged cars based on my personal experiences. I went through a challenging time restoring my Nissan Teana, investing a significant amount, but the issues persisted. Eventually, I had to sell the car for 2 lakhs after spending 8 lakhs on repairs.
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 10:42   #9355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..Even my SA wants to investigate why airbags didn't get deployed...
Question: Why do you want the airbags to be deployed? Are you hurt because it didnt deploy?

Asking since Airbags are supposed to save you from getting injured, and not deploy at every other impact.
Quote:
Edit: What you think about repairs btw? I kinda feel it won't be the same again and it's a done case.
The apron looks damaged. So, yes, you might face alignment issues in future.
dhanushs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 11:01   #9356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
....The build quality of Mahindra vehicles has been disappointing for me as well. Despite giving Mahindra multiple chances, I've come to the realization that both Mahindra and Tata are facing similar challenges....
So I've now joined the disappointed folks club too (Mahindra). Literally went from being enthusiast and patriot towards Mahindra being home brand to losing trust after this experience.

And this isn't like some random person's tweet that would make me skeptic about the things. This is literally our experience (from booking, to preparing for delivery, to getting delivery, excitement, tolerating niggles, to this disappointment). If one reads my posts, they'll see how I've come to this point now and the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
.... I had to sell the car for 2 lakhs after spending 8 lakhs on repairs....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The apron looks damaged. So, yes, you might face alignment issues in future.
Wow, this provides reassurance for my decision to part ways with the vehicle once it's fixed and cut my losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Question: Why do you want the airbags to be deployed? Are you hurt because it didnt deploy?

Asking since Airbags are supposed to save you from getting injured, and not deploy at every other impact.
I've been under the impression that, Airbags would get deployed and protect us right around in any kinda accidents. But they didn't. The glass particles did come inside. The passengers felt the vibrating shock which is obvious in such situations but airbags would've probably held them in one place.

The damage makes this whole build quality questionable. You need to understand, this was with a light motorcycle that caused this major damage. If we replace that with a car and if we too were on the high speed side, IDK the end results. I simply can't digest, not just me, no one around me are able to digest this damage caused by a motorcycle. It's not like the motorcycle was some sorta tough one.

IDK if I can ever trust Mahindra for safety.
Old 26th November 2023, 11:33   #9357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've been under the impression that, Airbags would get deployed and protect us right around in any kinda accidents. But they didn't. The glass particles did come inside. The passengers felt the vibrating shock which is obvious in such situations but airbags would've probably held them in one place.
Not necessarily. Airbag deployment logic is based on numerous inputs it is not necessary that it come on in all impacts.

The primary role of the airbag is not to cushion the user, but to reduce injury by cushioning.

Quote:
Wow, this provides reassurance for my decision to part ways with the vehicle once it's fixed and cut my losses.
Please check with couple of trusted FNG's to evaluate the damage physically. I can only suggest based on seeing a picture.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 12:27   #9358
BHPian

Quote:
Push for apron replacement for sure also be ready to see some welding here and there also be sure to get the strut tower checked thrice. Any issue in the structure will cause suspension issues.

Dont sell short the build quality even when compared to Toyota products XUV700 can hold its own.
ajaiD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 00:40   #9359

Has anyone installed TPMS on the spare wheel? Is it actually required? I was thinking of it and wanted to get some input from the experts here.
Old 27th November 2023, 07:27   #9360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamarthaLS View Post
Has anyone installed TPMS on the spare wheel? Is it actually required? I was thinking of it and wanted to get some input from the experts here.
I've successfully got installed the TPMS sensor on the spare wheel. However, the TPMS display in the cluster currently only monitors and displays information for the main four tires. It will only show the spare tire if its pressure falls below the set threshold. In my opinion, this is a valuable addition since we often overlook checking and filling the spare tire.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks