Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2023, 12:52   #9301
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I have a query regarding AC unit on XUV 700 AX5.

Today while travelling I set the temperature at a lower temperature and blower was set at '1' and then later at '2'. However rear passengers were complaining that car isn't "cool enough". I checked the air flowing to middle row and last row and the air felt warm and not as cold as air coming from front vents. 'Rear AC' was turned on from the ac control pannel.

I have never faced this issue in any of my previous cars. Should I get this checked at service centre or is it an expected behaviour?

Also how to counter this ? Any help would be much appreciated.
XUV 700 has two AC coils, one in the first row and the other in the third row. The middle row gets combined air from dual temperature set in the first row. If there is large temperature difference between the driver side and co-driver side temperature then the cooling in the middle row can get affected.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 17:21   #9302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
XUV 700 has two AC coils, one in the first row and the other in the third row. The middle row gets combined air from dual temperature set in the first row. If there is large temperature difference between the driver side and co-driver side temperature then the cooling in the middle row can get affected.
Thank you so much for your response. I have a AX5 trim XUV which comes with a manual AC hence I am confused as to why would middle row blower give out warm air because the car should ideally have a single temperature across the board.
Old 13th November 2023, 20:31   #9303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Thank you so much for your response. I have a AX5 trim XUV which comes with a manual AC hence I am confused as to why would middle row blower give out warm air because the car should ideally have a single temperature across the board.
That is not the case because when I turn off dual zone climate control the air coming out of the middle row vents is comparatively less cooler as compared to the air coming through the first row vents. I think from what I understand is that air coming through the middle row vents have partial dependence on the air coming from the first row coils but it is not the only factor since the absence of a separate coil does make a difference.

If you sit in the third row and switch on rear ac you would understand that the temperature in the third row matches with the driver side temperature of the first row. With that being said it doesn’t make any difference to the middle row cooling.
Old 14th November 2023, 01:32   #9304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulG View Post
[*]Date/Time getting refreshed on it's whims and fancies with no particular pattern[*]Some creaking sound while driving from the left front. Not sure if that is from dashboard plastics or something else.[/list]
BHPians, let me know if you have faced something similar (maybe specific in MX model and is there a resolution to these issues.
Yes,time getting reset was a minor issue and I never really cared about it since mobile and smartwatch are my companions.But,it is specific to MX (non adrenox) model.
Creaking sound is something you can get checked during 1st service.Never occurred in my car.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 14:05   #9305

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share something I've been working on that I think is pretty handy. I've put together a custom GPT-based interactive manual chatbot. It knows a ton about our cars, ready to answer any questions about features, troubleshooting, and has access to the online manual.

Check it out here: Mahindra XUV700 Interactive Manual

Quick note: you'll need an OpenAI Plus subscription to access this for the time being. And for the best experience, include your car's variant, fuel type, and transmission type in your first message. This helps the chatbot give more accurate responses right off the bat. If not, no worries, it'll just ask you for these details.

I hope this makes things easier and more fun for my fellow XUV700 enthusiasts. Can't wait to hear what you think and how we can make this even better!

I'll try to publish it in the store once that is rolled out and see how to make this accessible to all without any subscription.

Thanks and happy motoring!
astro_adi7 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 15:40   #9306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro_adi7 View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share something I've been working on that I think is pretty handy. I've put together a custom GPT-based interactive manual chatbot. It knows a ton about our cars, ready to answer any questions about features, troubleshooting, and has access to the online manual.

Check it out here: Mahindra XUV700 Interactive Manual

I'll try to publish it in the store once that is rolled out and see how to make this accessible to all without any subscription.

Thanks and happy motoring!
Thanks for taking the initiative. Am I doing something wrong here?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20231114_153156_chrome2.jpg  

Old 14th November 2023, 16:20   #9307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Thanks for taking the initiative. Am I doing something wrong here?
I think its referring to the latest manual.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5660789 (Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option)
bipinbn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 17:16   #9308
BHPian

Quote:
Am I doing something wrong here?
The updated Owner's manual has information about it, along with captain seats, ventilated seats.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20231114170608816edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20231114171130522edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20231114171201872edit_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
WDP-4D is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 11:51   #9309
BHPian

Hi All,

Need one help. How do we show full map view instead of turn by turn navigation on instrument cluster while using GMaps through Android Auto. Long pressing enter key on steering is not changing the view. It happens for Apple Car Play but not for Android Auto. While using Inbuilt Mapples, I'm able to view full screen map on instrument cluster. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th November 2023, 12:10   #9310
BHPian

Naive question : In case of tyre requiring alignment/puncture fix etc, are there any additional care to be taken when getting it fixed from local shops given that TPMS sensors are fitted to the wheels? or nothing specific needs to be done here?
I was thinking whether it is better to take it to the local shops for puncture/wheel alignment etc or does it require calibration etc from the service center for TPMs to work properly after wheel alignment/puncture etc?

Last edited by univ_explorer : 15th November 2023 at 12:16.
Old 15th November 2023, 20:41   #9311

Quote:
Hi All,

Need one help. How do we show full map view instead of turn by turn navigation on instrument cluster while using GMaps through Android Auto. Long pressing enter key on steering is not changing the view. It happens for Apple Car Play but not for Android Auto. While using Inbuilt Mapples, I'm able to view full screen map on instrument cluster. Thanks in advance.
I don't think XUV700 supports GMaps on the instrument cluster, I am able to view the inbuilt map full screen but GMaps just shows the turn indication and not the full map. Not sure if we have any update later to get that
SamarthaLS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 11:55   #9312

I'm on the lookout for a quality tyre inflator suitable for my XUV700. I've narrowed down a few options on Amazon but am struggling to make a final decision and would appreciate some advice from fellow BHPians. My criteria include a compact design that can easily fit under the front seat, a budget of up to ₹5K (can stretch more if there is better deal), and a preference for a reliable and efficient model. While the length of the wire is an important consideration, I'm open to getting an extension cord if a superior product requires it.

Here's my shortlist:

Tusa A6: It has a lot of reviews, but I'm uncertain about its reliability.

MICHELIN 12314 / 12312: A bit on the pricey side, and I'm not sure if it will fit under the front seat.

Bosch Easy Pump: While this is a convenient cordless model, it appears to be better tailored for bikes. Despite its appealing size and excellent reviews, I'm inclined to rule it out primarily due to its battery-operated nature, which might not be the best fit for my needs.

ViAir - Excellent reviews but costly, needs direct access to Battery (connector, not 12V Socket) - something I'm not comfortable doing, and maybe BIG for under seat storage.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or reviews that could help me finalize my purchase.

@MobilisAdvento
Does this fit below the front car seat, how is the review after using it for a year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
I am having one Michelin tyre inflator which is good. The chord reaches all the tyres comfortably without folding the second row sits. Only for front left wheel, you need to keep the valve position little back.

MICHELIN 12312 Programmable Rapid 4X4/SUV Digital Tyre Inflator, Direct Drive Technology,0-35PSI-2mins*,Bleed Valve to Remove Excess Air,Adaptors,LED Light, with Carry Pouch https://amzn.eu/d/4znZfMj
SpeedStriker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 13:40   #9313
BHPian

Encountered a weird error yesterday. The odo reading showed up as "ERROR" when I cold-started the car yesterday morning. Thought it was a niggle, so tried restarting; but to no avail. Since I was in a rush, drove with this. The error seemed to have resolved by itself, by evening when I started driving again.
Old 16th November 2023, 22:07   #9314
BHPian

Voila! The brake pad alert is here. “Front brake pad worn out.”

Car is about to complete 2 years in December. Not even 27k kms and an alert to change the brake pads. Honestly appalled at this. Technology, advancement etc to one side but practically, I have never had to change brake pads THIS SOON ever in owning multiple cars over the years!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3574.jpeg  

IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 00:49   #9315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Voila! The brake pad alert is here. “Front brake pad worn out.”

Car is about to complete 2 years in December. Not even 27k kms and an alert to change the brake pads. Honestly appalled at this. Technology, advancement etc to one side but practically, I have never had to change brake pads THIS SOON ever in owning multiple cars over the years!
Feels like Mahindra is following BMWs with their brake pad life spans. Electronic wear indicators can be rather hit or miss. I think you can safely ignore it until the physical wear indicator starts touching the brake disc. This will lead to that familiar screeching noise that people have used to know when brakes needed to be changed for decades.
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks