Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 10:59   #9286
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Most high end sedans used to have a retractable rear curtain - ... This actually provides some respite from the high beam of cars driving behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
I have been using 7 set peices for two weeks now. Rear glass piece slightly reduces visibility at night but not that will hamper your drivability. In fact In one way it helps in reducing the high beam from vehicles behind. In my case I'm not using the peices for 1st row as I didn't felt comfortable driving with those installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I got the 7 pieces variant. And fit it on the rear glass, I have used it for 10,000+km over a year now and have not faced any issues. The magnets are strong and work very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
I have 7th piece for the rear glass. Visibility is reduced quite a bit especially at night time due to netted pattern. You can see car headlights from the rear traffic though.
Thank you everyone for the feedback. I have ordered 5 pieces, for the rear seats and the rear glass. Depending on visibility I may not use the rear glass shades.

I have had problems with shades in the front row. In fact I get annoyed with second row passenger side shades, especially within city limits. It unnecessarily creates some blind spots. I just hope that these magnetic shades are easier to attach/remove than those cheap suction type ones I have used so far.
Old 9th November 2023, 22:06   #9287

I had booked my XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel Auto Silver in the month of Apr 2023. I might be getting the delivery within a month or so. But i am planning to cancel the booking. Is it possible to transfer the booking or can i pass it on to someone who wants to buy XUV a bit early (instead of waiting for 6+ months from now)? Actually it was allocated to me couple of weeks back but they were asking me to get it via Mahindra finance.i did not want that and wanted to try Safari facelift. So now can i transfer the booking?
Old 9th November 2023, 23:29   #9288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Do you get a feeling that you're sitting a bit forward closer to the roof, A-pillar and windshield ?
Nope, I haven't experienced this might be because my seat is at the lowest setting and is way back. Also I have AX5 trim so no 'welcome' feature for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_27007 View Post
Actually it was allocated to me couple of weeks back but they were asking me to get it via Mahindra finance.i did not want that and wanted to try Safari facelift. So now can i transfer the booking?
If the car is allocated to you then they cannot force you to get Mahindra Finance. Mahindra usually enforces Mahindra finance when giving you car out of turn, Which showroom is this? Further transfer of booking lies at Mahindra and showroom's discetion.

Also , test drive Safari and XUV back to back and test drive them extensively before cancelling your booking. Having owned harrier and XUV I can confidently say XUV has better driving dynamics.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 9th November 2023 at 23:35.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 01:49   #9289
BHPian

Returning to the thread after a while and your query might have already been addressed but if you are still looking you can try ‘curated for cars’ range. I have tried one of their hanging type perfumes and must say I am more than satisfied. Its one of the most premium fragrance I have experienced in a car. Worth a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfours View Post
A small query but affects the daily ride. Haven’t been able to home on an effective Car freshner for a large sized vehicle like XUV 700. Have used Ambipur, Aeron gel and Godrej. None of them last long enough and are not very effective too.Can i get some recommendations please.

Last edited by Mick_wanderer : 10th November 2023 at 02:08.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 23:48   #9290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
Returning to the thread after a while and your query might have already been addressed but if you are still looking you can try ‘curated for cars’ range. I have tried one of their hanging type perfumes and must say I am more than satisfied. Its one of the most premium fragrance I have experienced in a car. Worth a look.
Thank you so much. I visited the website of ‘Curated for Cars’ and found their collection to be pretty interesting. Have ordered a Pebble ‘Invincible’ fragrance. I am sure it will be a good value addition for my daily ride. Thanks for the advice.
roaringfours is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 19:03   #9291
BHPian

I have a query regarding AC unit on XUV 700 AX5.

Today while travelling I set the temperature at a lower temperature and blower was set at '1' and then later at '2'. However rear passengers were complaining that car isn't "cool enough". I checked the air flowing to middle row and last row and the air felt warm and not as cold as air coming from front vents. 'Rear AC' was turned on from the ac control pannel.

I have never faced this issue in any of my previous cars. Should I get this checked at service centre or is it an expected behaviour?

Also how to counter this ? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 12th November 2023, 10:55   #9292
BHPian

Folks - I am planning to buy a tyre inflator for XUV700. Based on reviews here, it seems like TUSA is a safe choice, given the decent cord length. However, I'm not sure which of their models to buy.

Little older model - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest model - https://www.amazon.in/TUSA-Tyre-Infl..._t1_B075F5BB3C

Folks that have bought TUSA for xuv700, can you please share your experience?

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th November 2023 at 18:30. Reason: Please proofread before posting.
Old 12th November 2023, 11:28   #9293
BHPian

Is it possible to fit speakers to 3rd row placeholders (that does not have speakers) for AX5?
Old 12th November 2023, 12:27   #9294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Folks - planning to buy tyre inflator for XUV700.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Avoided Tusa, Agaro and a few similar brands as all of them seems to be the same product branded with different names.
There is a great thread about inflators, quoted above. I had avoided the likes of Tusa and have explained my reasoning for it. I am using AstroAI happily but there are no good listings for it now. Your best bet, if you are OK spending a but higher, would be ViAIr. You will see a lot of positive comments in the inflators thread.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 14:53   #9295
BHPian

Quote:
Folks that has bought tusa for xuv700, can you please share your experience?
I have the 'Little older model' and is been using it for last 6 months. It works as intended and air top ups are pretty fast. There is a bit of sound and vibration but is OK as it gets the job done. The cable length is a concern as it just reaches the front wheels from the rear power socket.

For that I have brought a MGA Cable extender which costs just 399 and now the length of the cable is never an issue.
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 18:09   #9296

Quote:
Folks - planning to buy tyre inflator for XUV700. Based on reviews here, it seems like tusa is a safe choice given decent cord length.
Hi, I have bought Voroly tyre inflator for my XUV. Voroly Heavy Duty Automatically... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07R7Z2DHF?...p_mob_ap_share

So far, the performance has been satisfactory. You may also look at a 4-in-1 compact kit, which I bought later on, which includes a hydrajack, wrench, as well a tyre inflator. I have found it to be very useful, especially when I had a sudden flat tyre in my previous Xuv 5OO, and the tyre got cut with no use of a tyre inflator in that condition.

VOLTZ TY155HJS-3 Wrench 12V DC... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08K92PZM5?...p_mob_ap_share

Mod Note: Please proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th November 2023 at 18:28. Reason: Spell, fixed quote.
roaringfours is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th November 2023, 20:22   #9297
BHPian

Quote:

Latest model - https://www.amazon.in/TUSA-Tyre-Infl..._t1_B075F5BB3C

Folks that have bought TUSA for xuv700, can you please share your experience?
I am using this one and satisfied with its performance. Cord length is enough, though to reach the farthest tyre from power port, i.e. passenger side front tyre, you need to adjust tyre air valve direction.

Last edited by StepUP! : 12th November 2023 at 20:23.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 21:55   #9298
BHPian

Quote:
I had purchased this older model and very satisfied with it. The cord length is just enough to reach the farthest tyre i.e. front left (you have to bring the cord from inside in as straight a line as possible).

It has a lock which helps avoid pressure loss while disconnecting the tyre nozzle. Overall, it's sturdy and portable (comes with a nice carry bag).
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 00:09   #9299
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to fit speakers to 3rd row placeholders (that does not have speakers) for AX5?
You can fit a speaker there if it's a 6 inch speaker. Mostly folks fit a sub woofer there to get a more clean look.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 00:42   #9300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Happens in my vehicle as well. Usually when temp is set to anything other than 'Lo'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanshekh View Post
2. The rear AC vent does not always through cool air. Have now got it checked twice at service station, but still do not have any resolution.
Were you able to find a solution to this ? Even I am facing this issue where my second row blower is blowing warm air compared to front row ac vents which are blowing cool air.

Quoting my query below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
I have a query regarding AC unit on XUV 700 AX5.

Today while travelling I set the temperature at a lower temperature and blower was set at '1' and then later at '2'. However rear passengers were complaining that car isn't "cool enough". I checked the air flowing to middle row and last row and the air felt warm and not as cold as air coming from front vents. 'Rear AC' was turned on from the ac control pannel.

I have never faced this issue in any of my previous cars. Should I get this checked at service centre or is it an expected behaviour?

Also how to counter this ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Most Viewed