Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2023, 09:30   #9196
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
And you do not need auto hold unless you are stopped on an incline. If you are going to be stopped for more that half a minute it is better to put the box in N and use the hand brake.
He is using auto-hold, not Hill Hold. Auto-hold functionality will keep applying brakes without depressing the brake pedal.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2023 at 10:25. Reason: quoted post edited, and some formatting.
Old 22nd October 2023, 09:37   #9197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
He is using auto-hold, not Hill Hold. Auto-hold functionality will keep applying brakes without depressing the brake pedal.
Aah! Thanks for that point.

But the torque convertor will tend to vibrate because it is locked up as the box is in D and the vehicle is not moving. I always put my box into N if the wait is more than 20 secs. And of course I need to manually apply the parking brake or press the brake pedal as my cars are old without any of the auto-hold logic.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2023 at 10:26. Reason: Quoted post edited, a some minor typos.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 23:32   #9198
BHPian

Hello all,

Took delivery of my XUV 700 AX5 Diesel AT 5 seater in Bangalore on Saturday, October 21st.

I have a small problem and I request your views on this. After I took delivery of the car, I stopped the car to buy few provions, kept the things in the boot and closed the boot door. The door closed well. But, in the display it gave me door open alarm. i opened the boot and closed it several times but the door open alarm continued to display.

Called the show room and they asked me to bring the car to them. One mechanic said he would disconnect and reconnect the battery to rest the alarm display. Didn't work. They called the service center. They said the problem could be due to door alignment. In the meanwhile, another mechanic asked me to keep one of the other four doors open and then to close the boot door. When I did that and then closed the other door, the door open alarm disappeared. The problem persists. That is, if I have to open the boot door and when I close it, i have to open one of the other doors open or atleast lower the side window fully down before closoing the boot door. As per the showroom, it is do with air lock or air pressure.

Have any of you experienced this?

Regards,
Narayan.
Old 23rd October 2023, 06:16   #9199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Hello all,
That is, if I have to open the boot door and when I close it, i have to open one of the other doors open or atleast lower the side window fully down before closoing the boot door. As per the showroom, it is do with air lock or air pressure.

Regards,
Narayan.
Similar issue happened with my 3 week old 700 also and the SA at the time of first service advised that it is because of air lock. But one of his colleague suggested that it is because of misaligned boot door. I also felt that this is because of misalignment as panel gap when boot door was closed was relatively on one side. SC guys adjusted the boot door hinges and after that the issue is gone. Please note that in my case extra force was required while closing the boot door before realignment was done.
SamDiablo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 11:52   #9200

Quote:
Hello all,

Regards,
Narayan.
I also faced similar issue with my new car boot door was showing open. I asked my SA and he told me to close the door hard and I did it and after that warning disappeared. Could it be due to light weight fiber door?

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd October 2023 at 17:04. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
delphi_dl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 12:53   #9201
BHPian

Quote:
But the torque convertor will tend to vibrate because it is locked up as the box is in D and the vehicle is not moving. I always put my box into N if the wait is more than 20 secs. And of course I need to manually apply the parking brake or press the brake pedal as my cars are old without any of the autohold logic.
Aisin transmissions (that go into the 5OO and 7OO) have an internal neutral that engages, when idling and the brake pedal (I presume with Auto Hold as well) is pressed. Although there is a strain for a few seconds, it will ease out when the internal neutral kicks in.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2023 at 10:27. Reason: punctuation.
shrk_18 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 14:41   #9202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
SC guys adjusted the boot door hinges and after that the issue is gone. Please note that in my case extra force was required while closing the boot door before realignment was done.
I have to ask the SC guys to check the alignment when I take the vehicle for 1000 km service, as the problem persists. I have to keep one door fully open before closing the boot door. Weird problem.

I had a similar problem with my XUV 500 W8 boot door as well. The boot door wasn't closing unless I slammed it hard. The legacy is continuing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
I have installed 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dash Cam in my AWD AT model. The power source is from the front USB. Initially I too had the same doubt.

The dashcam has an LED light which shows its operational. I experimented couple of times locking the car and later come back and see if the LED is still on. .
I noticed the same issue with my new XUV 700, which i took delivery of two days back. I conected my dashcam today and noticed that the power to the dashcam is on, even when the ignition is not on and the car is locked. Even if it doesn't drain the battery and the USB switches off in an hour, the dashcam is going to record for an hour unnecessarily and fill the microSD card. Is there anyway to switch off the USB when the key is not in the ignition? Have you figured out a workaround?

Regards,

Narayan

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th October 2023 at 19:39. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 24th October 2023, 08:41   #9203
BHPian

Quote:
I conected my dashcam today and noticed that the power to the dashcam is on, even when the ignition is not on and the car is locked.
How long did you observe this for? In normal conditions, the power stops in around 3min along with power to the windows etc. Just see if the camera is on even after the windows stop functioning.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 11:19   #9204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulG View Post
Things that are not so great:
The MX variants of the XUV700 are very underrated IMHO. They provide unmatched value for the money. My uncle has the diesel version and it's the only 700 I know that has been 100% niggle free from day one. You will get even better FE as you learn to use the engine's power in city. The stock halogen lights are not that good and I'll suggest you change the bulbs to Osram 25w LEDs'. Trust me, you'll thank me for it. The stock reflectors are designed such that they don't scatter light and the beam is pretty focused. You can also get Mahindra OEM fog lamps and install a decent 3000k bulb for fog/rain and complete the look of the vehicle.

Last edited by ampere : 7th November 2023 at 08:00. Reason: compacted quoted post
Amrit@wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 05:48   #9205

Quote:

But the torque convertor will tend to vibrate because it is locked up as the box is in D and the vehicle is not moving. I always put my box into N if the wait is more than 20 secs. And of course I need to manually apply the parking brake or press the brake pedal as my cars are old without any of the auto-hold logic.
It is always advisable to put your auto box in N whenever you come to a standstill for the sake of your gearbox. Especially when we know how delicate these things can be.
Old 25th October 2023, 09:06   #9206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Similar issue happened with my 3 week old 700 also and the SA at the time of first service advised that it is because of air lock. But one of his colleague suggested that it is because of misaligned boot door. I also felt that this is because of misalignment as panel gap when boot door was closed was relatively on one side. SC guys adjusted the boot door hinges and after that the issue is gone. Please note that in my case extra force was required while closing the boot door before realignment was done.
Facing the same issue since day 1. I always believed it was due to air pressure. Have some misalignment on one side when boot door is closed. Will get it rectified in my next service.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th October 2023 at 19:42. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 25th October 2023, 12:19   #9207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
The MX variants of the XUV700 are very underrated IMHO. They provide unmatched value for the money. My uncle has the diesel version and it's the only 700 I know that has been 100% niggle free from day one. You will get even better FE as you learn to use the engine's power in city. The stock halogen lights are not that good and I'll suggest you change the bulbs to Osram 25w LEDs'. Trust me, you'll thank me for it. The stock reflectors are designed such that they don't scatter light and the beam is pretty focused. You can also get Mahindra OEM fog lamps and install a decent 3000k bulb for fog/rain and complete the look of the vehicle.
Thanks for the suggestions. Indeed MX variant offers unmatched value with just a few missing things that I can live with. I have already upgraded to LEDs (Drvin LEDs) and got OEM fog lamps from the dealer. Reverse camera is another thing that I have added.

Couple of questions for the existing MX owners:
  • The meter console has Navigation option but nothing happens when I select this. Have you tried exploring this?
  • Have you got alloy wheels installed? Any suggestions for the same would be really helpful. I am not looking to change the tyres, just interested in adding 17inch alloy wheels.
Old 25th October 2023, 14:52   #9208
BHPian

Update on wireless CarPlay (CP)
After moving from the Android OnePlus6 to an iPhone15, I noticed that wireless AndroidAuto(AA) was much much more stable than wireless CP. I have many instances where it did not even recognize the presence of the phone. I am not sure if this happens when I place the phone in the charging tray since the couple of times I did not place it there, it did connect fine (this could just be a coincidence)
Also, the phone does heat up in the wireless charging pad. Mahindra missed a trick over here by not providing ventilation or cooling for this.

Please note that I have still not updated the infotainment OS to the new/latest one (mappls) ; I will head out to do that sometime this week or next.

The AA connection and the display transformation to show the AA screen used to be much more smoother (at times there was a delay or a couple of seconds - but the switch invariably happened fine)

Apart from these infotainment system gremlins, the vehicle continues to perform fine otherwise. I have switched over to a XP95 diet for the last 3-4 fill ups. The incompatibility with E20 fuel for vehicles prior to Apr23, is concerning. (mine is a Feb23 model)- so I prefer to be on the safe(er) side here.
This is not a car for city runs due to the frequent fill-ups it mandates due to the lesser FE. Also, the power on tap makes it frustrating to drive in the slow moving city traffic

That's it for now.

Cheers,
Kedar_GT
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 17:12   #9209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Update on wireless CarPlay (CP)
After moving from the Android OnePlus6 to an iPhone15, I noticed that wireless AndroidAuto(AA) was much much more stable than wireless CP. I have many instances where it did not even recognize the presence of the phone.
Kedar_GT
Android Auto connectivity is better both in terms of responsiveness and stability. Have been using AA through a Samsung phone for 3 weeks now and no issues till date. Touch wood! Tried to use an iPhone 14 couple of times and the CarPlay took a lot of effort to connect, post that realised that its not as good as Android Auto. Even the sound quality of same songs from Spotify was inferior to AA. Wireless charger is not a powerful one. It's charging capacity is not adequate for your phone to keep the battery level even at starting position if you are using both Google maps and playing songs at the same time.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th October 2023 at 17:14. Reason: Expanding AA to Android Auto. Better for searchability & readability :)
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 17:16   #9210
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulG View Post

Couple of questions for the existing MX owners:
  • The meter console has Navigation option but nothing happens when I select this. Have you tried exploring this?
  • Have you got alloy wheels installed? Any suggestions for the same would be really helpful. I am not looking to change the tyres, just interested in adding 17inch alloy wheels.
1 - The vehicle is my uncle's primary car and he's an old-school driver who prefers asking the locals over navigation apps. I have driven it locally only and did not use the navigation. I will explore the console this when I can and come back with my findings.
2 - No, the dealership installed wheel-caps and it's still running those. IMHO, it's better to get aftermarket alloys as there are some decent options available for a considerably lower price. Neo-wheels are official M&M partner and provide some good wheels for the price. A person I know is running those snake alloy wheels in his AX3 700, but I personally find them a bit too tacky. You can check their website and select as per your taste. I'd suggest you to stick to 17-inch wheels only.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed