Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2023, 11:07   #9181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Reliability and After Sales Support of Mahindra vs TATA is also subjective. You can't really measure this factor on a pan-India scale or state scale. I would say it is city-wise. In some cities the Mahindra service maybe better and in some others, Tata.

My answer, for academic purpose, is: both are equally good or bad in A S S.
My answer for real-life buyers: depends on your location or locality. Do some real-world research, talk to the owners etc. before you proceed. Internet cannot help you much in this case.

That said, I owned the XUV 500 from 2013-2023 and I currently own the 700 AWD. I have never faced any service issue so far.
Adding to what you said above, now both Safari/Harrier and XUV7OO have the same level of electronics. We have many owners venting out their frustration at the frequent failure of electronics in XUV7OO and its not surprising - as its a big transformation for an OEM like Mahindra to offer so much tech in the vehicle. Honestly, I think Mahindra is better equipped to solve these vs. Tata - not because of competency or skills but just because Mahindra takes social media very seriously.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 12:56   #9182

How accurate is fuel efficiency shown on MID? I have petrol automatic and on highway drive of 150 KM with some truck traffic it is showing 15.3 KM/L
Old 19th October 2023, 13:07   #9183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Tata Safari and XUV 700 are both equally matched in all areas. It is a matter of preference and what suits you better.
Not yet. Perhaps in the next generation it would match.

Credit to Tata where its due , they did not take nearly a decade like they did in the past.

But XUV7OO is still ahead, it will only take a few minutes to know what while driving - for those who do love to drive.
Kosfactor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 13:16   #9184
Senior - BHPian

2 years since launch what was once the benchmark for cars w.r.to features, is on the verge of getting outdated interms of features? What isn't, are those solid mechanicals- the best in business engine, safety kits, AWD/AT option, drive dynamics. In my books XUV700 scores over Safari/Harrier mainly due to solid underpinning than fancy electronics, kudos to Mahindra.
PrideRed is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 13:35   #9185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Not yet. Perhaps in the next generation, it would match.
But XUV7OO is still ahead, it will only take a few minutes to know what while driving - for those who do love to drive.
+1. I had a Harrier and drove it over 38k Km comprised of multiple express highways, winding single-lane highways of Kerala and very narrow mountain roads in Uttrakhand. Yes, I like the car but as a complete package, I will choose the XUV700 any day for its transmission, handling, refinement or outright power. Harrier is powerful in sports mode but the engine seems to be very stressed. XUV700 felt more like a car while Harrier drove like a truck.

Last edited by greyhound82 : 19th October 2023 at 13:36.
greyhound82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 13:58   #9186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi_dl View Post
How accurate is fuel efficiency shown on MID? I have petrol automatic and on highway drive of 150 KM with some truck traffic it is showing 15.3 KM/L
MID is not reliable. Please rely only on tank-to-tank method for accurate figures.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 14:58   #9187

My XUV700 MX Petrol - Buying Journey and Initial 2000 KM Ownership Review

***Long Post Alert***

Hello All, We recently completed a 1000KM road trip on our new XUV700 petrol and here I am penning down the initial impressions of the vehicle.

First of all, the decision to go ahead with XUV700 was full of confusion, multiple bookings and cancellations, as well as long family deliberations on if we need a new vehicle and how should I finalize my next ride. We started test driving from ScorpioN Petrol and was almost sold on this due to it's butch looks and feeling of sitting above all while driving. Decided to book ScoprioN Z4 Petrol AT in July 2023, with a tentative delivery date of Jan 2023. While I was okay with it's not so appealing interiors, wife and parents were not very convinced.

I decided to continue my search and test drove Kushaq 1.0 AT, Slavia 1.0 MT, Virtus 1.0 MT, XUV700 P MT, TATA Safari MT, Honda CITY AT and visited KIA and NEXA for Seltos and Grand Vitara respectively.

One of my major criteria was safety ratings and thus was never convinced on KIA, Hyundai and NEXA vehicles. During the test drive, I liked Slavia and Virtus but was not able to convince myself on putting my money for SKODA/VW after reading aftersales horror stories. TATA Safari was love at first sight but the moment I started driving the vehicle, a number of no-go factors started appearing, including dashboard design touching knee, heavier steering, spongier braking in the test drive vehicle and some family person's feedback on Tata aftersales in Faridabad. Long story short, I decided not to consider TATA, VW and SKODA (although came very close to booking it).

After almost another month of decision conundrum, we decided to test drive Honda City AT for it's no non-sense proposition and features like ADAS, etc. at this price point. Spent some time with the vehicle and decided to book this as well with a good deal and delivery promise within a week. While I booked this, I cancelled ScorpioN P AT booking (as I was not able to digest fuel efficiency numbers of 7-8 KMPL). As luck would have it, I had to travel for an official meeting and delayed the delivery of Honda City by a week. This gave me some time to think through and I realised that neither I nor anyone else in the family was excited for this Honda City (as we have Ciaz, Baleno and Celerio at home and this felt more of another Ciaz in the way it looks). But all this led me to put a hard budget on my vehicle and I then decided to check out XUV700 MX Petrol, as this was the only vehicle which would give me some driving excitement and will be in budget as well. Liked the overall value proposition, asked Mahindra Sales rep to check and arrange for this one and within a week's time, he confirmed and we took the delivery on Sep 18th, 2023.

Now coming to my initial impressions of the Vehicle, this car justifies every amount of rupee I have spent on the car. Steering is super light and responsive in the city and during my recent long trip to Punjab and HP from Faridabad, I could feel the comfort and stability on highways. Things that I love about this vehicle includes:
  1. Amazing driving dynamics
  2. Good road presence and feel good factor
  3. Value that this variant brings at 15.8 Lakhs on-road
  4. Space and Comfort
  5. One surprising thing - highway tank to tank mileage on my first trip was 15.85 KMPL and after driving approx 150 KM in city and Kasauli ghats and returning home was 14 KMPL. Which was more than my initial expectations.

Things that are not so great:
  1. No 3-point seat belt for rear middle passenger
  2. City Mileage is too low for daily usage
  3. Clutch travel is very long (though light) can cause pain in traffic situations
  4. Wish Apple Carplay should have been provided. (thinking of buying a secondary android just for Android Auto)

Last edited by RahulG : 19th October 2023 at 15:17.
RahulG is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 09:52   #9188

Quote:
I drive LDAT version, difference between MID and Tank to Tank is around 1.5 kmpl
Carophile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 23:05   #9189

A small query but affects the daily ride. Haven’t been able to home on an effective Car freshner for a large sized vehicle like XUV 700. Have used Ambipur, Aeron gel and Godrej. None of them last long enough and are not very effective too.Can i get some recommendations please.
Old 21st October 2023, 11:11   #9190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfours View Post
A small query but affects the daily ride. Haven’t been able to home on an effective Car freshner for a large sized vehicle like XUV 700. Have used Ambipur, Aeron gel and Godrej. None of them last long enough and are not very effective too.Can i get some recommendations please.
Try the Camphor cones. Not very long-lasting honestly, but still effective enough.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 11:39   #9191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulG View Post
My XUV700 MX Petrol Things that are not so great:
  1. No 3-point seat belt for rear middle passenger
  2. City Mileage is too low for daily usage
  3. Clutch travel is very long (though light) can cause pain in traffic situations
  4. Wish Apple Carplay should have been provided. (thinking of buying a secondary android just for Android Auto)
4. For this, you can consider purchasing an Android Box, such as the one available in the link. It runs on Android 11, but I recommend looking for one that supports Android 12 or a newer version for better compatibility. With an Android Box, you'll be able to connect both your Android and Apple phones. You can refer to YouTube videos for guidance. It's preferable to use this Android Box instead of relying on a wireless connection, as I've observed that CarPlay tends to disconnect frequently in the XUV 700 and is not stable. It might be stable for some and not stable for others, especially considering the specific issues with Mahindra vehicles.
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 12:06   #9192

Quote:
(thinking of buying a secondary android just for Android Auto)[/list]
On Amazon US website you get good Apple Carplay Kits compatible with almost all cars. It includes a touch screen display, additional Android connectivity options as well as navigation etc. If feasible you may look at it as a worthwhile addition. Happy driving.

Last edited by Eddy : 21st October 2023 at 13:52. Reason: Please quote only the relevant portion of a long post, else it hampers readability
roaringfours is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 21:05   #9193
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Wish Apple Carplay should have been provided. (thinking of buying a secondary android just for Android Auto)
Look up Carlink Kit which is now officially available on amazon.in. Strangely it’s right now at an all time low price of Rs 6,600 (Great Indian Festival!). Normally it’s in the range of 15-18k.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0C3LXRJXQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0C3LXRJXQ&pd_r d_w=XATiP&content-id=amzn1.sym.2575ab02-73ff-40ca-8d3a-4fbe87c5a28d&pf_rd_p=2575ab02-73ff-40ca-8d3a-4fbe87c5a28d&pf_rd_r=J3K7JXMF6TNBECDK7RK6&pd_rd_wg =V1TZe&pd_rd_r=26e73eaa-f010-417c-9c3e-98a21060a57f&s=electronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1z cF9kZXRhaWw

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfours View Post
I have tried quite a few and hear you! I have used Little Trees hanging car air freshner. It’s been great and lasts about a 2-3 weeks till wears off. But recently while travelling found this one
https://www.amazon.com/Scent-Bomb-Bl.../dp/B07S6JPJQY

They are organic and one can is still working for the last 3-4 of months, because you have the ability to close its vent. If you have access to this one, it’s completely worth it!

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 23:00   #9194

Hi, I need some advice from the group on the following issue.
I recently started driving a petrol automatic AX7L. I am feeling some vibrations in the cabin when I stop at the red light with Auto Hold + D mode engaged. Is it normal?
The vibrations go away when I shift to P mode or I disengage Auto Hold while in D mode and press break pedals.
delphi_dl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 09:23   #9195
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I need some advice from the group on the following issue.
I recently started driving a petrol automatic AX7L. I am feeling some vibrations in the cabin when I stop at the red light with Auto Hold + D mode engaged. Is it normal?
The vibrations go away when I shift to P mode or I disengage Auto Hold while in D mode and press break pedals.
That is the torque convertor straining. For the sake of your gearbox's life shift to N. And you do not need auto hold unless you are stopped on an incline. If you are going to be stopped for more that half a minute it is better to put the box in N and use the hand brake.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2023 at 10:24. Reason: A word.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed