Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2023, 20:40   #9076
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Good to know this. When we have a power cut we check whether neighbors have it too. Same funda here.
Update on the problem.
Service tech says there is a coupler loose and hence the problem occured. They have pushed it in properly and it is OK now. Well that is their version. I don't believe it at all.
I asked him what I should do in future if it repeats. He opened the boot and took out the spanner from tool kit and said using that I should disconnect the battery negative lead and reconnect after 5 minutes.
This looks like the classic IT desk resolution for most issues, "try rebooting once"

Can you please get more details on what coupler and what did they do?
shrk_18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 20:48   #9077
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Good to know this. When we have a power cut we check whether neighbors have it too. Same funda here.
Update on the problem.
Service tech says there is a coupler loose and hence the problem occured. They have pushed it in properly and it is OK now. Well that is their version. I don't believe it at all.
I asked him what I should do in future if it repeats. He opened the boot and took out the spanner from tool kit and said using that I should disconnect the battery negative lead and reconnect after 5 minutes.
Mahindra has completely failed in the software department with the XUV 700. Even with so many updates, many issues still remain unsolved. We tech-oriented or enthusiastic people are finding it irritating. Imagine what happens to normal people who pay 30L expecting that they will be getting a top-notch vehicle. It's high time this is brought to the attention of Mahindra Chairman through Twitter and other means.*
sbm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 08:51   #9078

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfours View Post
Hi.. i faced a strange issue today..as i unlocked my car all lights inside and the infotainment system came ON but the car didn’t start at all! Suddenly the roof lights etc started flickering dangerously.. i stepped out and tried to lock the car but the infotainment kept on playing and the car didn’t get locked also.. after a while the infotainment and all lights switched off but the car still didn’t start and even didn’t get locked. I called up Road side assistance and within an hour two mechanics came with a jump start battery pack. I was now able to start the car and they told me that probably the battery was down( my car is just 8 months old)!! So i was told to keep it idling for 30 minutes and the battery will get charged, the mechanics left thereafter. I then took the car for a short ride but to my horror there is negligible pick up in the car now and it doesn’t go beyond 35kmph speed even when i press the throttle fully!! Has anyone faced a similar issue?? Taking it to Mahindra service centre tomorrow morning .. fingers crossed 🤞
Hi, I too faced the similar problem. I took the delivery of my vehicle AX7 L Diesel Automatic on 23th September in the afternoon. The distance from the showroom to my house is just 4-5 kms & the area is full of traffic so I drove within 20-25 kmph speed. Also in the joy of getting the delivery maybe I missed the loss of power in the accelerator on that day. The next day being a Sunday,I planned a early morning long drive that's when I realised that the vehicle is not going above 35-40 kmph. On Monday I went to the service centre & the next day they were able to diagnosed it as a DPF sensor malfunctioning. They explained that as the sensor was recognising DPF to be in it's lowest limit hence it was not allowing to accelerate. They replaced it free of cost, they took the TD and returned it. I went for a drive where I was able to touch 75 kmph, since it's difficult to drive at a higher speed then that in the city. Please do let me know whether you had the same DPF sensor malfunctioning problem? Also if anyone has faced the similar problem... Thanks in advance
Rider1802 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 14:04   #9079
BANNED

After seeing so many issues plaguing the XUV700 online and in person, I feel like the top-end variants are not even worth buying. The only fully satisfied owner I know of a 100% niggle free 700 is my uncle who owns the base MX variant. No unnecessary electronics, no unwanted issues, yet. He hooks up his phone via Bluetooth and enjoys his 80s Bollywood classics on highways.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 11:48   #9080
BHPian

On a 2/FWD XUV, I have managed 12000 kms on 6 Rs per km on AX7 D AT! That's excellent efficiency for a large SUV. Diesel is a no brainer ! And the engine is so smooth and refined, NVH levels are more than a petrol by a small margin. The noise which is more pronounced is only from the Wanderers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Building upon what woodstock came up with, except changing the diesel mileage to reflect realistic city numbers, you get savings of 550K+ over a period of 10 years! Even if you include DEF and higher maintenance costs of diesel, it is still a huge margin to beat. Diesel is a no-brainer at least for cities without the 10 year rule.

Attachment 2301082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
After seeing so many issues plaguing the XUV700 online and in person, I feel like the top-end variants are not even worth buying. The only fully satisfied owner I know of a 100% niggle free 700 is my uncle who owns the base MX variant. No unnecessary electronics, no unwanted issues, yet. He hooks up his phone via Bluetooth and enjoys his 80s Bollywood classics on highways.
Not really Amrit, I have an April 2023 make AX7, its amazing. Almost all of the niggles are fixed.The difference between MX and AX7/AX7L is tremendous. Top variants are like another car by itself. Go for base variants only if you dont drive by yourself. I enjoy all the features thoroughly. Even my wife does, love all the ADAS features. Makes driving more comfortable and safe.

Last edited by FlyboyQP : 2nd October 2023 at 11:54. Reason: added comments
Old 2nd October 2023, 12:00   #9081
BHPian

Dear XUV7OO Owners,
I currently drive a diesel Duster AMT, I am in a dilemma whether to buy XUV7OO AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater) or Toyota Hyryder V Mild Hybrid. I know this is not apples-to-apples comparison, but it is important for me decide considering future of diesel in India.

I love the XUV7OO for many reasons and fuel economy is also important for me, hence I don’t want to buy XUV7OO AX5 Petrol AT due to poor economy (my friends are getting 6-7 kmpl in Bangalore city).
I travel 1000kms per month, so if I buy XUV7OO, it would be Diesel AT, else I will buy Toyota Hyryder V Mild Hybrid (Petrol) for its ok type hwy performance and decent mileage and features (Strong hybrid is out due to small boot).

XUV7OO AX5 Diesel AT misses on few basic things like rear view camera, push button start, cruise control, automatic AC, 360 deg camera, ventilated seats, wireless charger etc, all these (except ventilated seats + wireless charger) are available on Toyota Hyryder V Mild Hybrid. But XUV7OO is far far ahead of Hyryder in performance, space, looks, safety, premium-ness etc, so I am much eager to buy XUV7OO with cap of 26L.

In this era of EV boom:
  • Should I spend 26L on Diesel?
  • What is the future of Diesel in India?
  • XUV7OO AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater) is 4L more than Hyryder, is it worth?
  • I am sure many on this thread must have bought XUV7OO diesel, what is your advise for diesel variant? What was your thought process to buy diesel?
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 12:41   #9082
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post

Not really Amrit, I have an April 2023 make AX7, its amazing. Almost all of the niggles are fixed.The difference between MX and AX7/AX7L is tremendous. Top variants are like another car by itself. Go for base variants only if you dont drive by yourself. I enjoy all the features thoroughly. Even my wife does, love all the ADAS features. Makes driving more comfortable and safe.
I completely your point, even I won't go for the base variant myself but there are a lot of people who'd happily give up these goodies for a fully reliable vehicle, like my uncle. All in all, Mahindra needs to seriously sort out its QC, facing so many issues in a 30L vehicle is just unacceptable.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 14:44   #9083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
I completely your point, even I won't go for the base variant myself but there are a lot of people who'd happily give up these goodies for a fully reliable vehicle, like my uncle. All in all, Mahindra needs to seriously sort out its QC, facing so many issues in a 30L vehicle is just unacceptable.
So far, the niggles have only been software but I haven't faced any niggles other than the e-sim connectivity disappearing but that is again based on Mahindra's choice of Vodafone. Mahindra's willingness to sort out the problems is also good but the time taken for solutions is a little long.
I am happy with my car after 15k kilometers in a year and still would not buy the updated Safari. The diesel+auto with 450nm of torque has the best performance in the segment

Last edited by yuvmudapa : 2nd October 2023 at 14:46.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 15:05   #9084
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
So far, the niggles have only been software but I haven't faced any niggles other than the e-sim connectivity disappearing but that is again based on Mahindra's choice of Vodafone. Mahindra's willingness to sort out the problems is also good but the time taken for solutions is a little long.
I am happy with my car after 15k kilometers in a year and still would not buy the updated Safari. The diesel+auto with 450nm of torque has the best performance in the segment
The problem is that these electronic issues can leave you stranded anywhere. And in most cases, you have to tow the vehicle to the A.S.S because no roadside mechanic will touch such a complex electrical system. The A.S.S also tends to take days to fix the issues. This ruins the overall experience of owning such an expensive vehicle.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 18:09   #9085
BHPian

Whatever the model you go for, you can’t avoid electronics completely. If that’s what you fear the most, then go for Scorpio N or base variant of XUV700.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2023 at 19:29. Reason: Grammar
FlyboyQP is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd October 2023, 07:20   #9086
Senior - BHPian

An AX3 petrol without the Adrenox and with 6 airbags should be the ideal car under the circumstances.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 09:43   #9087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Dear XUV7OO Owners,
I currently drive a diesel Duster AMT, I am in a dilemma whether to buy XUV7OO AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater) or Toyota Hyryder V Mild Hybrid. I know this is not apples-to-apples comparison, but it is important for me decide considering future of diesel in India.

In this era of EV boom:
  • Should I spend 26L on Diesel?
  • What is the future of Diesel in India?
  • XUV7OO AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater) is 4L more than Hyryder, is it worth?
  • I am sure many on this thread must have bought XUV7OO diesel, what is your advise for diesel variant? What was your thought process to buy diesel?
You are not alone my friend, I am having similar thoughts and confused between Seltos/Elevate 1.5NA CVT variants vs XUV700 AX5 AT (diesel/petrol) and agree with everything you have listed. XUV definitely feels more premium and should serve you for longer time.

I also took a back to back test drive of Tata Safari and XUV and felt XUV is the better choice and is better sorted overall.

I am still confused between AX5 and AX7 since the later costs roughly 4 lakhs and is not VFM (considering premium features are in AX7L only)

and since the 3rd row of XUV is pretty useless, it is better to save that 70K and go for AX5 5 seater.

If you can live without cruise control in AX5, only accessory that is a must have is reverse camera (Why Mahindra ) .
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:43   #9088

Hi Everyone,

My XUV700 AX7 D AT is due for 10K service and wanted to seek inputs from the fellow owners on the below two issues which many owners have reported on this forum.

1. Football in the boot noise
2. Crackling sound from the driver side speakers sometimes especially during the startup and when driving on rough road patches.

Is there any resolution from Mahindra on these issues or has anyone managed to get these issues sorted from service center? Any suggestions / inputs would be really helpful.

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:21   #9089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
My XUV700 AX7 D AT is due for 10K service and wanted to seek inputs from the fellow owners on the below two issues which many owners have reported on this forum.

1. Football in the boot noise
2. Crackling sound from the driver side speakers sometimes especially during the startup and when driving on rough road patches.

Is there any resolution from Mahindra on these issues or has anyone managed to get these issues sorted from service center?
1. Football-in-the-boot issue is persistent and ASC is still clueless.
2. Crackling sound from speakers can be a result of some loose wiring, get that checked during service visit. Also, make sure you are updated to the latest software version.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:44   #9090
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new SUV (petrol, automatic) and have narrowed down to XUV 700 AX7 (don't have budget for the Luxury pack) and MG Hector Plus Savvy Pro.
I really like the interiors, plethora of features and posh feeling of the Hector but the engine, transmission and dynamics of XUV have me inclined towards it more.
However, I'm aware that Mahindra has had many glitches/niggles in the XUV and the customer experience has not been good overall.
Owners of XUV 700, can you please say if we still are having many issues in the car, around the infotainment system or suspension or anything at all? Also, is the customer experience really too bad?
Please suggest, as this is my first time spending this much on a car and I really want to make a good decision.
My driving would be mostly in the city and a couple of outstation trips per year (~600km trips).
TIA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks