Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 15:14   #8896
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello all, have received the Riggear cooled seats today for driver and co-driver for my XUV700. Some observations:
  1. Ordered from the Riggear Website. Got each seat for around Rs. 6300 though on Amazon it's around 8000 or more. Guess Amazon charges a lot for selling on its platform.
  2. Order was shipped through Amazon Shipping and received it in one week (I live in a remote area). The packaging was good and no damage to box or device.
  3. Color opted was beige - however it's a bit more yellowish compared to our XUV 700 seats. But anyway, no issues there.
  4. Tested it on the backseat since I don't have an extension cable for the accessory port (have ordered it but still not shipped).
  5. Cooling starts at highest setting and you have to keep button pressed at first. The fan noise on the highest level is audible over and above the AC (I had set it to manual AC with blower set to 4). However, the middle and lowest setting was quiet.
  6. Overall cooling seems to be very effective and cooled my back in a short amount of time. The cooling effect was less pronounced in the lower area.
  7. Hope Amazon seller ships extension soon as it's already been a week since I ordered but not shipped. I can't cancel also since if I do, I don't know where else I'll get an extension cable in our remote rural area.
  8. Have installed it on the front seats and set up the back clips in place as well. Hope to give a proper review once the extension cable reaches.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230823_150349.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230823_150353.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 19:26   #8897

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Couple suggestions to check (ignore if already done):
Thanks for the suggestions.
It is really detailed.

It so happens I have tried all of these , may not be in same sequence, but all done.

Same Mappls version, same Android version.
eSimconnectivity is really bad always, but I am hoping that should not affect Android auto ?

Step 2 is always followed in that order

AA is default auto connect as stated.

Phone wifi paired to car.

Please note : when AA fails, Bluetooth still works.

Really this one has me in a fix.

I am more hopeful to get a solution from TeamBHP than Mahindra 😁
Old 24th August 2023, 13:55   #8898
Senior - BHPian

Hi team, obviously iv tried to slot into R and see if that works but it never did. Hence my frustration and the related post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
I agree. They can atleast display this over the rear camera display. But not being able to access the rear camera at all is really unsafe. When the transmission is in reverse, the camera should come on. Period!
This thing has been bugging me ever since we got the car, i thought its just the way how the software works. But the replies show thats not the case. Which model do you have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The moment you slot into R, the camera comes up, thats not at all a problem. At least it does in my Ax7L AWD AT. The screen doesn’t make me wait for the disclaimer to disappear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Same here with AX7L P AT. The reverse camera comes up as soon as you put the drive selector in "R". It does not wait for the Disclaimer or the Infortainment system to boot up..
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The moment you slot the gear into R, the camera comes on in a jiffy. Even when there have been instances of both screens having conked-off, the rear camera has come up swiftly without fail. I have an AX7 P AT.
Got it, mine is an AX5 P AT model so its clear that the higher models with factory installed rear view camera work fine. I called my service advisor with this information, and he said that since i got the rear view camera installed form the showroom as an accessory maybe the software adjustment was not done properly. Will visit the service center this weekend to get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Can confirm that this happens with me too "sometimes" and I have an AX7L AT+AWD as well.
I am hoping yours is a one-off case. Iv had my share of Mahindra niggles and it was a headache to get them fixed.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 24th August 2023 at 13:57.
Old 24th August 2023, 14:49   #8899
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Attachment 2493720

This is one of the most annoying things about this vehicle. Whenever i am in a hurry this disclaimer delays the process of reversing the car for several annoying seconds. I know i know the car can still be taken out with this but then whats the point of having a rear view camera.
Mahindra should either give an option to disable it or at-least reduce the duration.
This problem is not variant-specific, it's not related to camera hardware, and it does not happen every time. The infotainment system software takes time to boot up if the ignition is switched on after a long shutdown. It doesn't hang between quick-start stops. I hoped that they'd fix this issue in the latest update, but they didn't. Is there anyway we can raise this issue with Mahindra directly?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 15:06   #8900
BANNED

Hi
I have only completed around 650 kilometers in the last three months in my AX7LD AT. Since today morning when I slot it in reverse the sensor does not scan and shows error. I tried cleaning the surface of the reverse sensor but to no avail. Do anyone have similar experience ? Using another car for thirteen years and till now the sensors work perfectly. Is it the inferior QC of Mahindra or my bad luck?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230823_220359.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230823_220349.jpg  

Old 24th August 2023, 18:15   #8901
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
I have only completed around 650 kilometers in the last three months in my AX7LD AT. Since today morning when I slot it in reverse the sensor does not scan and shows error.
The sensors have gone kaput! I’ve had it replaced in my car when the same error popped up. Mahindra will do it in warranty. It’s just that I takes about a week or 10 days to get it done. As I believe quite a few of the cars have had their sensors go Kaput. So there is a bit of wait time and then they have to paint it to match the colour. But nothing to worry other than being careful while reversing. Call your guy at teh workshop, and if you have a good relationship they will fix it at home itself. It’s a mater of literally a couple of minutes work.
Cheers.
Old 24th August 2023, 19:06   #8902
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
I have only completed around 650 kilometers in the last three months in my AX7LD AT. Since today morning when I slot it in reverse the sensor does not scan and shows error. . . Is it the inferior QC of Mahindra or my bad luck?
I'm guessing it's a problem with Mahindra's poor QC - case in point, I've had several parts fail and then replaced under warranty within one year:
  1. Radiator Hose Pipe Issue - While driving back from another city, got stuck halfway because the coolant hose pipe gasket got damaged and was leaking coolant.
  2. Passenger Side Power Window Motor gone Kaput within a year - it would work intermittently so had it replaced around 20,000 km mark.
  3. Retracting door handle not retracting inside the body - Current issue - Still waiting on parts from Mahindra to arrive. They should have shipped it by Air so that the parts would arrive quickly but I guess they sent the parts by surface to save on cost.

And there's so many more that I've just learnt to live with - For example, the control arms creak and groan when driven over speed-breakers during rainy season - sounds like something is broken. Everytime that happens, I pray a little prayer that the Mahindra will atleast reach office and not leave me stranded in the road. Sometimes the door pads on the 30L XUV 700 also creak and groan - something that has yet to happen on the 17L Creta that has completed 5 years. And there are the constant software glitches as well.

However, 7/10 times when the car works properly, it puts a smile on my face and I forget all the issues. It's such a lovely car to drive. My only wish is that Mahindra resolve the long-standing issues which plague that car, and seeing their pro-active nature I'm sure they will (refer recent recall over wiring issue).

Last edited by wadewilson : 24th August 2023 at 19:07.
wadewilson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 05:31   #8903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Hi team, obviously iv tried to slot into R and see if that works but it never did. Hence my frustration and the related post.

This thing has been bugging me ever since we got the car, i thought its just the way how the software works. But the replies show thats not the case. Which model do you have ?
Hey sorry for giving the impression that I owned the car. The fact is that I am sitting on the fence to replace my 2017 Hyundai Creta, and the XUV 700 AX7L D is the top contender. But the amount of bugs that are reported in this thread keep discouraging me. I've really pictured myself owning it and hence my frustrations come across as that of an actual owner.

But since the other replies have indicated that this is probably a bug with your specific car, may be you could try to replicate it at the authorised service centre and may be compare it with another model at the centre for them to acknowledge it?

Cheers.
Old 25th August 2023, 15:12   #8904

Quote:
Hi
I have only completed around 650 kilometers in the last three months in my AX7LD AT. Since today morning when I slot it in reverse the sensor does not scan and shows error. I tried cleaning the surface of the reverse sensor but to no avail. Do anyone have similar experience ??
I too had this experience with AX7L DAT AWD. Sent in for checking after calling SA. Along with Mappls update and the sensor replacement under warranty, I had to spend a 4 hours at SC. Mine is as old as yours(mfd in Jan, 2023), 2K on odo.
Next week came the recall for wiring harness

On unrelated notes:
1. I am getting timeout when trying to read DTC codes via engineering menu after these changes. Any idea, why?
2. Has anyone used OBD ports scanner personally to read codes from XUV700? Was it successful? Which scanner was it? I think keeping an OBD scanner handy is helpful on modern cars managed by software controls.
3. Any BHPians from Kerala, who bought XUV700 after Dec 2022 (before BS6.2) got rear seq indicators? My SA always add this as a service action, but they say they are fitting it for back-orders and has only got kits to fit till April, 2022 purchases.
4. My SA says 64GB cards are not supported in XUV700. Are we stuck with 32 GB cards? Can we share the 32GB cards for music storage? Jio and VI are not so great in speeds on roads I usually drive on. (The Amazon music just stops playing and never resumes for a long time)
5. Anyone used thinkware dashcams? How good are they for long term usage? Any heating issues?
haystack_needle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 15:53   #8905
BHPian

Hello XUV700 owners! I had a query about a specific accessory and looking for guidance from somebody who may have installed this in their XUV700.

Upon locking/unlocking the car, many brands offer a feature where all windows roll up/down (like XUV700 has sunroof and driver side window upon long press of lock/unlock button on the key). I enquired from my SA when I took the delivery of my car back in Jan, he was clueless. Mahindra M2all did show a component but it does not show up any more. I am reluctant to go to accessories shop, I do not want these shops to tamper with the electronics, unless it is a tried and tested shop and person.

I live in Bangalore. TIA for your help.
Old 25th August 2023, 19:53   #8906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack_needle View Post
3. Any BHPians from Kerala, who bought XUV700 after Dec 2022 (before BS6.2) got rear seq indicators? My SA always add this as a service action, but they say they are fitting it for back-orders and has only got kits to fit till April, 2022 purchases.
4. My SA says 64GB cards are not supported in XUV700. Are we stuck with 32 GB cards? Can we share the 32GB cards for music storage? Jio and VI are not so great in speeds on roads I usually drive on. (The Amazon music just stops playing and never resumes for a long time)
Mine is a Jan 2023 manufactured vehicle(before BS6.2), took the delivery on 31st Jan & got the rear sequential indicators installed in April 2023. Try contacting their customer care through a tweet, and also mark it to Mr. Anand Mahindra. It helped in my case as the response was fast after that.

Went with the 32GB as advised and provided at the service centre, Kottayam. The less said about VI, is better. Nearing the 10K service, hope that the latest silver box update results in a better infotainment experience. You have exactly quoted my issue regarding Amazon music. It has more to do with the terrible network of Vi. Hope Mahindra listens to us and allows us to port to Jio or Airtel.

Last edited by Vasuki : 25th August 2023 at 19:55.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 21:35   #8907
BHPian

The 360 camera/ Dash Cam is a very good feature in the AX7L models. In the 7 months of ownership, it has already come to my rescue once during an incident on the road.

The only problem with it, which other members have also voiced their concern about is that there is no easy way to get the recordings off the SD card. Because the SD card is tucked beneath the dash on the passenger side, removing the SD card means a visit to service centre. I guess it can be done without a visit to the service centre if you have the right tools and the know how. But still it is not a straight forward thing.

So, I was wondering if using a Wi-Fi SD card like this would work. These are usually used in digital cameras which don't come with a built in wifi.

If anybody has tried this then let me know. Thanks.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 23:43   #8908
BHPian

Quote:
So, I was wondering if using a Wi-Fi SD card like this would work. These are usually used in digital cameras which don't come with a built in wifi.
This will not work because the car has a micro SD port and the wireless cards are full SD size.

But theoretically, something like this should work. This is basically a micro SD card extender. Then again, using cheap USB peripherals often brick the sensitive electronics and not sure if M&M's silverbox can take this abuse

Last edited by UltraViolence : 25th August 2023 at 23:46.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 15:15   #8909
BHPian

Quote:

This would be really interesting if a WiFi micro SD card would work. I will try and do some more digging around this.
Cheers!

Last edited by Vashanis : 26th August 2023 at 15:20.
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 15:20   #8910

My XUV700 today congratulated all Indians on the success of Chandrayaan-3 Mission.

Still no OTA software update though.

[ATTACH=IMG20230826083046.jpg]Xuv700 wishes[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20230826083046.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks