Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 15:35   #8881
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
I have just completed a trip from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar and back over the long weekend in AX7L Petrol.

Prior to this trip, always relied on the MID for information on fuel economy. Always suspected something to be amiss.

Upon filling the tank before starting the trip, I noticed the MID showing that throughout my journey (mainly comprising of highways and a little bit of ghat sections) the car returned an average of 10.2 kmpl. However upon checking the trip computer, I realised that the car only managed to do 420kms in an entire tank (i.e. 7kmpl).

If the MID was to be relied on, the car would have been able to complete 636kms in an entire tank of petrol. I feel that the average stated by Mahindra has something off.

Let me know what mileage other owners of Petrol XUV are managing to get. Also let me know if anyone else has faced similar issue with the Average and Distance to Empty Indicator in the MID.
While refuelling I have made it a practice to get the tank full, this way I can compute mileage "tank full to tank full" which is more reliable. I have also set my MID fuel milage indicator to reset at refilling. My drive is mainly city drive and that too quite short and in traffic, both MID and "TF to TF" give me around 6.5. However after the recent software update I got the premium petrol from Indian Oil; the MID is showing 8.3; I wonder if this is because of the premium petrol or the software update. Will know on my next re-fuelling.
Old 21st August 2023, 21:39   #8882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Since you have a promised date of 22 Sept 2023, kindly hold your patience till that date. In the meantime contact the GM-Sales of your dealership and also the CC Executive of M&M connected to your dealership. They should have the list of all the cars that are to be delivered in the month of September in a few days time (maybe by 25th). Check if your car is included in the list.
This is the advice I really needed to hear! After having waited for a year, a few more days wouldn't make any difference. Guess the communication across multiple channels and inconsistent dates irked me. Will reach out to the dealer's GM sales close to 25th Sep.
Old 22nd August 2023, 00:43   #8883

@sommos @IamNIkhil
Thanks for your responses, guys.
I can confirm that Samsung phone did work while OnePlus was not connecting. However, at the same time when OnePlus does not connect to Android auto it will still stay connected to Bluetooth and play any music etc required. So, it's only the android Auto function misbehaving.
Also, it's intermittent.
You can never predict when it will work.

And whenever it does not work, you can reboot the phone N number of times to no effect. But you restart the car and generally it starts working.
The issue is, you cannot restart the car once you have started driving unless you are stopping on a signal or something and if it's a highway ride, I am doing the whole ride without the much convenient android auto feature which I find extremely irksome.

The car software is updated to the latest ( gone to the mappls version)
Phone is on Android 13.

I have not found any OnePlus known issues with Android Auto. its only with Mahindra system that seems to be the case.
Hope this information helps anyone who knows something more on this.
Old 22nd August 2023, 06:50   #8884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DON_ View Post
@sommos @IamNIkhil
Thanks for your responses, guys.
I can confirm that Samsung phone did work while OnePlus was not connecting. However, at the same time when OnePlus does not connect to Android auto it will still stay connected to Bluetooth and play any music etc required. So, it's only the android Auto function misbehaving.
Also, it's intermittent.
You can never predict when it will work.

And whenever it does not work, you can reboot the phone N number of times to no effect. But you restart the car and generally it starts working.
The issue is, you cannot restart the car once you have started driving unless you are stopping on a signal or something and if it's a highway ride, I am doing the whole ride without the much convenient android auto feature which I find extremely irksome.

The car software is updated to the latest ( gone to the mappls version)
Phone is on Android 13.

I have not found any OnePlus known issues with Android Auto. its only with Mahindra system that seems to be the case.
Hope this information helps anyone who knows something more on this.
I had all these AA connection troubles with my 1+8T before the MAPPLS version update. All these are gone now. I am running OxygenOS 13.1 (latest) in my phone. Infact, even if AA doesn't initially connect, tapping it during the drive activates it (earlier it would require multiple restarts of the car).

Couple suggestions to check (ignore if already done):

1. Do you have good eSIM connectivity? Typically, the basement doesn't have good coverage. Although, not directly dependent, there seems to be some correlation in the car SW for AA.
2. Follow the recommended sequence - Press the start button, wait for the sequence to complete (disclaimer display, notify to press pedal) and then start the engine.
3. Setting AA to auto connect (this is the default in any case).
4. Phone WiFi paired to the car.
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:27   #8885
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ffected-429103

Fairly big recall for Mahindra XUV700 and XUV400
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:31   #8886
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230209_094810.jpg

This is one of the most annoying things about this vehicle. Whenever i am in a hurry this disclaimer delays the process of reversing the car for several annoying seconds. I know i know the car can still be taken out with this but then whats the point of having a rear view camera.
Mahindra should either give an option to disable it or at-least reduce the duration.
faithless_1984 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 13:41   #8887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Attachment 2493720

I know i know the car can still be taken out with this but then whats the point of having a rear view camera.
Mahindra should either give an option to disable it or at-least reduce the duration.
I agree. They can atleast display this over the rear camera display. But not being able to access the rear camera at all is really unsafe. When the transmission is in reverse, the camera should come on. Period!
SedateMotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 15:50   #8888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The moment you slot into R, the camera comes up, thats not at all a problem. At least it does in my Ax7L AWD AT. The screen doesn’t make me wait for the disclaimer to disappear!
Old 22nd August 2023, 21:41   #8889
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The moment you slot into R, the camera comes up, thats not at all a problem. At least it does in my Ax7L AWD AT. The screen doesn’t make me wait for the disclaimer to disappear!
Same here with AX7L P AT. The reverse camera comes up as soon as you put the drive selector in "R". It does not wait for the Disclaimer or the Infortainment system to boot up.

In fact I remember that on a rare occasion when the system had a blank screen issue, I could still use the reverse camera.

Last edited by amahale : 22nd August 2023 at 21:44.
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 23:41   #8890
BHPian

I will be getting my hands on the AX7 this week.

I did a PDI a couple of weeks back and looks like the accessories have already gone in.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9731.jpg

One thing that I was wishing for is to get Bridgestone rubbers and thankfully this came off the shelf with it.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9738.jpg

Added
- Mud Flaps
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9739.jpg

- Pedals
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9733.jpg

- Scuff Plates
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9734.jpg

- Screen-guard

and might add the 3D floor mat from Mahindra. Planning to add the side steps based on use.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9735.jpg

Really liked the well organized engine bay, which is easy to access and has ample space in it.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9736.jpg

Bosch Turbo's instead of the previous TELs
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9737.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_9740.jpg

Last edited by peterjim13 : 22nd August 2023 at 23:42.
peterjim13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 00:30   #8891
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2493720

This is one of the most annoying things about this vehicle. Whenever i am in a hurry this disclaimer delays the process of reversing the car for several annoying seconds. I know i know the car can still be taken out with this but then whats the point of having a rear view camera.
Haven’t faced any issue yet with the Rear Camera not coming on during the disclaimer display. The moment you slot the gear into R, the camera comes on in a jiffy. Even when there have been instances of both screens having conked-off, the rear camera has come up swiftly without fail. I have an AX7 P AT.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 07:20   #8892
BHPian

Finally, I took my AX7L AWD for its first ever long round trip of 540 kms - from Chennai to Krishnaguri.
The idea was to check the vehicle in terms of comfort for 5 full grown adults and baselining the all important FE along with experiencing and adapting to the ADAS features.

I filled the car up with Xtragreen Diesel, picked up my friends and started the journey. The overall roundtrip would have been 15% city ( with heavy traffic one way ) and free roads for the remaining 85% mostly on ACC.

The Chennai - Bangalore NH is known for some really bad stretches of Tarmac with craters and diversions. I feared that stretch while driving the Rapid, but this was one smooth sailing. Apart from that suspension noise ( which frankly did not bother much) the car handled beautifully with load. My friend who drives a Seltos was all agog about the smooth ride that the suspension offers on bad stretches.

ACC also worked really well and overall I somehow had the feeling that it was easier to drive the XUV than the Rapid. It could have been anything that could have contributed to that feeling - the leisurely speed of 70/80 at which this journey was taken, or the lighter steering, convenience of ACC, the high perch, or the smooth ride.

The run was mostly in the NH and ACC was set at 70/80 as I wanted to have a decent ~1000 Km run-in period before opening up. The MID showed 15.4 for the NH run but finally returned 14.6 when I halted at home, owing to the heavy traffic in city for about 20 kms. I was pleasantly surprised when T2T returned a decent FE of 14.83. I understand that the AWD might not be that frugal as its non-AWD twin. I was careful to load fuel up at the same pump with auto cutoff.

The run also tipped over the KMs for 1st maintenance and got it out of the way along with correcting the subject of recall.

Overall, I was quite happy with the vehicle and more so with the suspension.
careind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 07:57   #8893
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2493720

This is one of the most annoying things about this vehicle. Whenever i am in a hurry this disclaimer delays the process of reversing the car for several annoying seconds.
Can confirm that this happens with me too "sometimes" and I have an AX7L AT+AWD as well.
  • Often when I start the car and slot the gear in reverse, the infotainment screen continues to display the disclaimer for a while before showing me the actual video feed.
  • Other times times it has so happened that the camera feed pops up immediately but the display is black and nothing shows up, neither the rear camera not the 360 degree cameras.
  • During the blank screen issue, the cameras refuse to display anything at all and I have to rely on the sensor sounds only to reverse out of tight parking spots. Have already mentioned this previously on this thread.

It's really frustrating, despite repeated software updates, this continues to happen for me. While not a dealbreaker, having to wait a few minutes for the system to fully load everything is tiresome. After testing the Kia Seltos with ADAS level 2 and almost the same features which loads up the cameras instantly after starting the car - I can't even say that XUV's infotainment is slow due to ADAS because if Kia can do it, why not Mahindra? But anyway, that's neither here nor there and I'll just sum up but saying that - I love my Mahindra XUV700 but the niggles sometimes works me up and everytime I start the car, I start it with trepidation that a new niggle might crop up or the old one might start acting up. The saving grace though is that - Mahindra as a company seems to listen to our complaints and resolve them. Even the service centre I visit provides excellent service till date.

Have uploaded a video of an instance:

Last edited by wadewilson : 23rd August 2023 at 08:16.
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:35   #8894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Got the service recall done.

They will remove the air filter and will add an extra sleeve on top of existing wiring and will do a cable tie to ensure that the cable is not dangling around (marked 1 in the pic). A rubber part is also added to the body to ensure that there is no cable damage due to rubbing against the metal (marked 2 in the pic). It’s a fairly simple process and can be done in 30 mins time. The only time taking activity here is to get the air filter removed.

Attachment 2492748

Mahindra XUV700 Review-wiring-recall.jpg

Visited the ASC yesterday for the service recall.
From the picture above, one can see a thick bunch of wires (held together by some tape) that is the cause of worry and is responsible for this recall. M&M thinks that this wire can get cut from the angular plate on the right side of the cable. Though there is a wide gap between the wire and the plate.

This part is below the air filter housing and behind the battery. So you can't probably see it without removing the air filter box.

Nonetheless, they are covering the plate with rubber bead, very similar to the one found in the door.

And they are also putting a plastic cover on the wire which is held together by zip ties.

I could not take pictures after the job completion, so you can see the pictures post completion in the read of @northstar.

The whole job took 15 - 20 minutes but issue of materials took more than half-an-hour.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 13:20   #8895
BHPian

Details on the service action:

Issue: There is a possibility of the insulated cables coming out of fuse box rubbing aginst the metal part and shorting as shown in below pic.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230823_101527.jpg

Fix:
They will put in a plastic case around the cable marked as 1 in below pic and a rubber beading along the metal ridge marked as 2.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230823_101723.jpg
Sandegov is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed