Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2023, 23:26   #8836

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Getting excellent mileage on my AXL D MT post 10k kms service. I am able to extract close to 21kmpl on zip mode with a mixture of highway and city driving in ratio 70:30. I try to keep revs around 1200-1500 rpm. Driven ~14k kms and touchwood faced very few niggles till now. Only niggle I faced it with rear left tyre where tyre pressure constantly was dropping, had to replace the tyre under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-8b9dc2d744124eaabaf8ed01f6cbc3f6.jpeg  

prakhar30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 08:50   #8837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Hello!

Own an AX7. Any suggestions on front dashcam. . .
You could check out 70MAI, I use it on my Creta. You can use one of the dual USB at the front to power it. On my XUV, I'm planning to get the dashcam recording function activated as well considering the rising number of scams on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar30 View Post
Getting excellent mileage on my AXL D MT . . . close to 21kmpl on zip mode with a mixture of highway and city driving in ratio 70:30.
Wow, that's quite a good mileage, I had no idea that the XUV 700 could be this fuel efficient. On our AX7L AWD AT, the most I got was 16kmpl on the highway using Zip mode In the city, the most I get is 9kmpl I have tried driving sedately but the fuel efficiency doesn't go up so have just given up on that.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 09:23   #8838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhingrasud View Post
You meant to say, we'll need to have sensor installed on my tyres first, then enable TPMS on Scorpio N? That is a risky proportion, of losing around Rs. 5K. Thats why I was trying to get TPMS enabled first, if it gets enabled, install the sensors on tyres approach. Is there any other way out without losing 5K and pay after confirmation that my vehicle head unit is compatible.
Hey, I did this for my AX5. ASC first connected to computer, activated TPMS(without sensors) and confirmed that my car has TPMS support ( I could see it in MID the TPMS details). Then the sensors were ordered and fitted.
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 10:31   #8839
BHPian

Has Mahindra updates the infotainment system? Coz now you can see the entire speedo & tachometer digits, against the earlier where it used to only light the figures near the needle.
Old 15th August 2023, 18:15   #8840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Dear BHPians,

I need advice on the correct wire gauge to use for a DIY 12V multi-socket plug accessory extension for my XUV700.

Please take note, that nothing within the vehicle would be interfered with, and this modification would only be made to the accessory.

We are aware that the XUV700 only has one 12v lighter socket in the boot or third row.

I intend to purchase Riggear (Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?)as advised by the BHPians or any other Ventilated Seat Addon that requires a 12v Socket.

I bought INICIO 154w 12v Good Quality Multisocket accessory (shown below) in order to extend 12v Socket to the front row. However, because the cable is just 1 meter long, it cannot safely reach even the second row.

To make the Multisocket reach the front row, I am going to DIY open it and append 2 meters of the proper gauge wire between the plug and the main box.

A 15Amp Fuse is also installed in the 154w Multisocket Main Box.

What would be the appropriate wire AWG for this use?

Thanks!
Would be glad to know if you went ahead with the above, where did you install the Multisocket, which wire did you use, how did you route the wire. I am thinking of doing the same. Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 18:12   #8841

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar30 View Post
Getting excellent mileage on my AXL D MT post 10k kms service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Has Mahindra updates the infotainment system? Coz now you can see the entire speedo & tachometer digits, against the earlier where it used to only light the figures near the needle.
Hope you are referring to this image posted by prakhar30. That's a ZIP mode screen which is available in diesel versions.
BendO_Rookie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 19:02   #8842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Would be glad to know if you went ahead with the above, where did you install the Multisocket, which wire did you use, how did you route the wire. I am thinking of doing the same. Thanks
Yes, I did through with the arrangement I had in mind.

1. I bought INICIO 154w 12v Good Quality Multisocket accessory in order to extend 12v Socket to the front row.

2. Thanks to BHPian @KNL_Bandi for his helpful recommendation, I got hold of MGA Extention Cable (the wire quality is excellent).

Afterward, I unscrewed the MGA extension cable's two connectors, cut the Multisocket Wire, and soldered (as well as insulated the joints with three layers of Heat Sink Tubes) about 1.5 meters of wire from the MGA cable between the Multisocket and its plug.

3. I ran the wire to the front center console underneath the 7D mats. These mats had strong Velcro all around, so the cable was held in place firmly as well.

5. I finally affixed it to the driver's footwell (using the strong adhesive Velcro stickers that came with the Multisocket). Before putting it, I had to clean the console's oily shine with some non-gel-based hand sanitizer. If not, it kept tumbling.

Since I used Velcro, I can quickly remove it if necessary.

I'm using it right now to charge my company's laptop with a 45w PD Car charger. Getting 12v Ventilated Seat Cushions is*shortly on the agenda...

Here are a few images (hope these help)...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-4.jpg  

Last edited by alamodein : 16th August 2023 at 19:28.
alamodein is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 13:42   #8843

Hi All, quick query. I own an AX5 XUV 700 and want to know if I can install a dashcam considering there is only a usb socket as the power source.

Thanks in advance
Old 17th August 2023, 17:53   #8844

Just got to know that XUV7OO was launched in Australia.

In Australia, XUV 7OO costs 39,990 AUD = 21,37,001 INR
In India, The same model costs 30,53,915 INR

AFAIK, it is manufactured in India & exported to Australia.

Am I reading something wrong?
itsaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 19:26   #8845
BHPian

Trying to book the XUV700 in Ahmedabad but the dealers arn't budging at all on the insurance saying its an "in demand product". He was saying they can let go off of the extended warranty (again ridiculous stuff), but the accessories and insurance have to be taken from them. . Love the car but definitely soured by the experience by the dealers and reconsidering it again.
Old 17th August 2023, 21:31   #8846
BHPian

I was facing the screen black out issue every now and then. But last week both the screen’s went bright green and stayed like that for a long time. I got out of the car and locked it but the screen was still green for a few minutes.
Wrote to Mahindra customer care and they forwarded my email to the local dealership. Got a call to come and get the software version updated to 10.27.61

It’s just been 2 days and I am hoping the issue is resolved. Anyone has had the same experience?

The inbuilt Navigation maps have changed on the latest software version.
Old 17th August 2023, 22:18   #8847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
I was facing the screen black out issue every now and then . . . get the software version updated to 10.27.61

It’s just been 2 days and I am hoping the issue is resolved. Anyone has had the same experience?
I too got the software version updated a few days back. The 360 degree cameras became smoother - earlier if it was displaying at 15fps, now it feels like it's maintaining atleast 30fps. Another thing was that the entire system seems to have been factory reset and I had to set everything back again.

With regards to the black screen displaying after update, I just had it today in the evening. This was the first time after updating the software. Before that however, when I used the car earlier in the day, the infotainment screen kinda froze and I could see some ghosting where the disclaimer that's presented when starting - remained on the screen for a minute or two.

After this, when using the car late in the evening the black screen returned with full gusto when I had to reverse out of a tight parking space - I was cursing my luck at that time, thankfully the sensors worked (but with only 2 sensors I was worried I might hit something). Anyway, I guess the new update still doesn't resolve the black screen issue. Kinda disappointing. I hope Mahindra is working on fixing this issue soon.
Old 18th August 2023, 09:48   #8848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I too got the software version updated a few days back. The 360 degree cameras became smoother - earlier if it was displaying at 15fps, now it feels like it's maintaining atleast 30fps. Another thing was that the entire system seems to have been factory reset and I had to set everything back again.

With regards to the black screen displaying after update, I just had it today in the evening. This was the first time after updating the software. Before that however, when I used the car earlier in the day, the infotainment screen kinda froze and I could see some ghosting where the disclaimer that's presented when starting - remained on the screen for a minute or two.

After this, when using the car late in the evening the black screen returned with full gusto when I had to reverse out of a tight parking space - I was cursing my luck at that time, thankfully the sensors worked (but with only 2 sensors I was worried I might hit something). Anyway, I guess the new update still doesn't resolve the black screen issue. Kinda disappointing. I hope Mahindra is working on fixing this issue soon.
Just wanted to know about the bug fixes in the latest update as I was thinking about updating to the latest version. Have the following issues been resolved :-

Stability of android auto & apple CarPlay and its connectivity issues.

Alexa bugs - trouble connecting to the internet,etc.

From last update I have noticed reduced mileage figures of about 2-3 kmpl. Seems like the calibration has gone off somewhere. If anyone has noticed it, has the above update re calibrated it?

Blank screen issue - which seems not fixed as of the latest conversation above.

And anything else which I have missed above that has taken care of.

Thanks.
Old 18th August 2023, 10:03   #8849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Just wanted to know about the bug fixes in the latest update ...

Have the following issues been resolved :-

Stability of android auto & apple CarPlay and its connectivity issues.
I stopped using Apple Carplay after the buggy experience I had earlier. Android Auto as usual is superb and connects flawlessly. Apple Carplay still disconnects as usual, then the WiFi turning On message displays and then Apple Carplay doesn't work.

Quote:
Alexa bugs - trouble connecting to the internet,etc.
Alexa features work 7/10 times now whereas earlier it used to be around 1.5/10 for me. Vodafone network is patchy at best in my area and thus most online features like connecting my smart-home devices don't work. However, setting the AC temperature, closing the sunroof, etc. work offline so no issues on that.

Quote:
From last update I have noticed reduced mileage figures of about 2-3 kmpl. Seems like the calibration has gone off somewhere. If anyone has noticed it, has the above update re calibrated it?
No idea about mileage because I stopped checking it. Perhaps due to the extra AWD hardware, I've never gotten above 16kmpl on highways and around 7-9 kmpl in the city.

Quote:
. . . anything else which I have missed above that has taken care of.
360 degree camera as mentioned previously works properly now. Smoother compared to previous version. Probably around 25-30 fps now. However, the camera is still laggy at start, it's only after turning on the car for around 5 minutes that the camera fully loads and the 360 degree camera works smoothly.

That's about it. Also, the car feels smoother to drive but then again that could just be a placebo effect.
Old 18th August 2023, 13:24   #8850

Any update on new XUV700 variants? I am looking forward for 5 seater luxury variant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks