Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2023, 11:02   #8791
sbm
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesilva View Post
I am having a problem with my XUV 700 AX7L for the past few days. Various system failure warnings pop up. Like the OBD warning, Gear Box warning / Failure of Auto Lights / Hill Hold. Quite often the Auto hold failure light goes on and then there is a loss in acceleration. There is thud and and a jerk while changing gears and the engine revs up in D even when there is no input from the accelerator.
I had contacted NBS Mahindra at Goregaon and they were not ready to take the car for repairs stating that they were overloaded with cars. They instead gave me an appointment for 31st July.
I left the car with them yesterday and it appeared that they just had to flash some software and update it. But this morning I get a call and my SA says that they will have to keep the car for a minimum of 7 to 10 days. He said that they had found the carpet under the driver seat wet and that there was some electronic unit placed there. Now they will have to wait for instructions from Higher ups on how to deal with it and to detect the cause of the ingress of water.
BTW, I have not taken my car wading in water. The Car is 10 months young and has done about 7300 km.
Was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and how was it resolved ?
Most probably, the wet carpet is due to a choked AC drain pipe. If the electronics get damaged due to this, they'll have to cover it under warranty. If they try to deny it, ask them why they didn't check it during service. Also, try to be present when they check the AC drain pipe, or they might clean it and say that it's not the reason for water logging and try to blame it on you.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 15:37   #8792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
I have an observation. Even after locking the car, I am able to open the car trunk if I am near the car. Is this expected? So even if we lock, we are around the car with car key, someone else can open the truck. I feel this might not be intended. Any feedback please?
Yeah this is how it is !!!

If you are within a radius of 6 feet, this will happen. So you need to move out of the range or else be watchful.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 17:52   #8793

Quote:
I have an observation. Even after locking the car, I am able to open the car trunk if I am near the car. Is this expected? So even if we lock, we are around the car with car key, someone else can open the truck. I feel this might not be intended. Any feedback please?
I think its pretty convenient - not having to unlock the car and still open the boot with the key in the pocket !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Most probably, the wet carpet is due to a choked AC drain pipe. If the electronics get damaged due to this, they'll have to cover it under warranty. If they try to deny it, ask them why they didn't check it during service. Also, try to be present when they check the AC drain pipe, or they might clean it and say that it's not the reason for water logging and try to blame it on you.
I though that may be the reason. But the carpet is just wet under the seat (Thats what they said) and nowhere else. I haven't been near the car since I left it with them.

I did call today and they said they are in touch with M&M and following their instructions and will get back to me by the day after.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th August 2023 at 09:55. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 2nd August 2023, 21:47   #8794

Quote:
Even after locking the car, I am able to open the car trunk if I am near the car. Is this expected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

If you are within a radius of 6 feet, this will happen.
Here is a detailed post regarding this from ABIRNALE:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5470742
Old 4th August 2023, 11:05   #8795
BHPian

Help Needed: Addressing Persistent Issues with my XUV700 AWD in Pune - Where to Service?

Hello Team-BHPians,

I'm reaching out for help and advice. I own the XUV700 AX7L D AT AWD, delivered in March 2022, that has clocked almost 20,000 kms and is due for its 3rd service. I'm currently based in Pune and got the first two services done at Unnati Motors in Wagholi.

Unfortunately, my experiences with them have been less than satisfactory. The quality of service left a lot to be desired, and I'm currently exploring other authorized service centers in Pune. I would really appreciate any recommendations.

Here are the issues I'm facing with my car:
  1. The driver side door is rattling quite noticeably.
  2. There's a persistent rattling sound coming from behind the front passenger seat.
  3. I've been plagued by the notorious software issues with Adrenox, especially the wireless Android Auto, which disconnects frequently. Hopefully, this will be resolved with next software update.
  4. There's a disconcerting noise from the front right suspension and vibrations when driving through ghat sections.

I'm particularly concerned about the last point, as I'm unsure if the service recall pertaining to the suspension coil spring check and the propeller shaft was addressed properly during the previous services. This is evident by excessive vibrations, specifically when I'm in hill areas with the AWD engaged. It's been affecting the overall ride quality significantly.

I'd be grateful if any fellow members with similar experiences can shed light on these issues, especially any reliable service centers in Pune. Additionally, any advice on how to address these problems during my upcoming 3rd service would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.
techdarshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 12:17   #8796
BHPian

Hello, booked XUV 7OO AX7 L DSL AT in March 2023 and got it in the first half of July 2023. The SA offered us and we took the offer although forgoing the colour of our choice. The SA said that it's a "finance quota" car... asked him the details, didn't get a satisfying answer. Nevertheless, they didn't force any accessories and the insurance quote was matched promptly. All in all a good deal I would say.

Having driven the car for about 600 Km, I would say it's a good progression from XUV 5OO W8 MT(owned for 10 years).

But, it revs hard and becomes noisy almost embarrassing in the initial gears, this is the only complaint I have. Also, wireless CarPlay and Android Auto is sketchy. But, I am happy overall.

Also, got the average fuel economy of around 19.5 km/l on the first ever longish trip. Drove it at 80 km/h, is this possible ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv7oo_mileage.jpeg  

raj.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 12:26   #8797
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.singh View Post

Also, got the average fuel economy of around 19.5 km/l on the first ever longish trip. Drove it at 80 km/h, is this possible ?
Yeah, at 80km/h it is possible. My Tucson, and E-class gives 20+ FE at 80 km/h with cruise control on ECO mode.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 18:04   #8798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I checked the booklet that came with my June 22 manufactured car and the recommended engine oil there was mentioned as Maximile Ultra. Availability of the Maximile Ultra V4 at the ASC is a very recent development from M&M. Though it was available at my ASC, @zeitgest confirmed that the same was not available at Bangalore. You can always request your ASC to place an order for the same or you can talk to your local CC manager.
Thanks for sharing the info Sommos.
Checked with my ASC (Chennai) and they informed me that the recommendation is still ultra and not V4. Is this V4 info available in manual or other official source so I can refer the same for them?
Btw, I could feel the increased engine harshness and lack of smoothness after 2nd service particularly when driving over 100kmph. Was it same in your case as well?

In other news, today(at 11k kms, D MT ax5) the car AC didn't work and engine temperature warning sign flashed. Drove the car straight to SC (after warning light went away on turning off the engine and cooled for sometime)and I was told that fan motor stopped working so power to compressor was cut as well. Left the car in service centre hoping the same will be changed under warranty.
Had a horrible time driving without AC in Chennai and worried about any damage to engine.
Surprisingly, AC was automatically getting switched on when the speed crossed 40kmph consistently everytime. Any expert root cause theories?

Last edited by Sheel : 14th August 2023 at 12:38. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 5th August 2023, 22:46   #8799
BHPian

Anyone facing this weird issue where the radio volume is suddenly 100% at random times when car is turned ON or when bluetooth is disconnected. This is not often but it's totally random and what causes is still unknown.

SA said this is happening to many cars and they still haven't gotten any update for this. In settings, I have it set to zero as I don't use the FM at all yet this happens and it's annoying. Someone unknown about this issue will get a panic attack with the sudden and high volume sound...lol.

What else could be done to this? Any new updates anyone got recently?
Old 6th August 2023, 08:52   #8800
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Anyone facing this weird issue where the radio volume is suddenly 100% at random times when car is turned ON or when bluetooth is disconnected. This is not often but it's totally random and what causes is still unknown.

SA said this is happening to many cars and they still haven't gotten any update for this. In settings, I have it set to zero as I don't use the FM at all yet this happens and it's annoying. Someone unknown about this issue will get a panic attack with the sudden and high volume sound...lol.

What else could be done to this? Any new updates anyone got recently?

Yes, many many times over. I have given up, honestly. If these irritating things are what M&M demands we live with the experience the great ride quality and power, so be it.
Old 6th August 2023, 16:28   #8801
BHPian

I am having a BH registered XUV700 and my PUC has lapsed about 15 days back. I have to go for fresh check now.
Some time back people mentioned about some difficulty in getting a PUC certificate for BH series registration car in Bangalore. Is it resolved now ?
Heard some centers in karnataka are issuing certificates without even a check by exploiting a loop hole in karnataka govt RTO software.
How to ensure that I get a genuine and valid PUC certificate ?
Old 7th August 2023, 00:03   #8802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
In other news, today(at 11k kms, d mt ax5) the car AC didn't work and engine temperature warning sign flashed. Drove the car straight to SC (after warning light went away on turning off the engine and cooled for sometime)and I was told that fan motor stopped working so power to compressor was cut as well. Left the car in service centre hoping the same will be changed under warranty.
Had a horrible time driving without AC in Chennai and worried about any damage to engine.
Surprisingly, AC was automatically getting switched on when the speed crossed 40kmph consistently everytime. Any expert root cause theories?
Most probably due to faulty relay. Ask the SVC to check the same costs around 200₹
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 02:40   #8803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Most probably due to faulty relay. Ask the SVC to check the same costs around 200₹
if faulty relay, I was wondering how was the AC working only when the car speed is over ~40kmph? It should have failed completely?
Btw, I was informed by SA that the entire fan assembly set is planned to be changed under warranty (costing ~14000/-).
Old 7th August 2023, 10:36   #8804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Anyone facing this weird issue where the radio volume is suddenly 100% at random times when car is turned ON or when bluetooth is disconnected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
Yes, many many times over. I have given up, honestly.
Go to User Profile settings and choose a default audio source. This solves the initial high volume of Radio when we start the vehicle. XUV700 offers 2 profiles which can be configured to each key and a guest profile. More details about the user profile can be found here :
BendO_Rookie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 11:26   #8805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
if faulty relay, I was wondering how was the AC working only when the car speed is over ~40kmph? It should have failed completely?
Btw, I was informed by SA that the entire fan assembly set is planned to be changed under warranty (costing ~14000/-).
I faced this issue in my xuv 500 where my AC used to start-stop intermittently or used to start-stop after going through pothole. Ask them to just change the relay first for fault finding rather than just replacing everything.
Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks