Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2023, 21:22   #8701
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Today, while parking my XUV, I brushed front bumper against the wall. Paint has chipped off. I am thinking whether to claim it under insurance.or not. I have Royal Sundaram insurance which comes with NCB protector.
If I claim it under insurance, and while renewing it, wan to change the issuer company, will my NCB be intact? Any idea?
Old 8th July 2023, 21:29   #8702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Today, while parking my XUV, I brushed front bumper against the wall. Paint has chipped off. I am thinking whether to claim it under insurance.or not. I have Royal Sundaram insurance which comes with NCB protector.
If I claim it under insurance, and while renewing it, wan to change the issuer company, will my NCB be intact? Any idea?
NCB protect cover will not be valid if you don't renew with the same company.

Having said that, if you have zero dep and NCB protect covers and don't mind continuing with the same insurance company in future then you can claim insurance if you can't live with the minor damage. That's why we pay for insurance and add-ons in the first place
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 02:03   #8703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
M&M recommends engine oil change at 20K KM for the XUV700. If you see the oil cans, it is nowhere written as "synthetic" oil. Failed to understand, if the oil is not synthetic then why is the range so high. Someone told me that the same oil for Scorpio (not N) is prescribed at 10K KM.
I too noticed the same sort of vibration and an increase in engine NVH in general post the 10k service. This is a XUV 700 Diesel AWD AX7 November 2022 manufactured. I also noticed that the engine was not revving as smoothly as it used to earlier. I did some digging on the same and seems like I might have found something.

So when I started looking for the grade/kind of engine oil that was used I was told that the engine oil being used everywhere is the Mahindra Maximile Ultra Semi Synthetic oil at 5W30. But when I looked into the provided service book, the recommended oil was Mahindra Maximile Ultra V4 Next-gen Synthetic oil. It clearly says synthetic oil on the box. The service book also says in case the V4 isn’t available the regular maximile ultra should be used.

This sort of sounds like there isn’t enough supply of this synthetic oil and hence it is only reserved for the cars out of the factory? Hence the oil changes post the factory are with an inferior Semisynthetic oil which is causing the said increase in NVH.

I further did some research and found on the same forum that the best synthetic oil for ACEA C3/API CH4 oil available in the market currently is the Castrol Edge 30 5w30LL. I’m thinking of changing it to this oil in case the dealership isn’t able to source the Maximile Ultra V4. Is that a good option?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0585.jpeg  

zeitgest is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 09:29   #8704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgest View Post
I too noticed the same sort of vibration and an increase in engine NVH in general post the 10k service. This is a XUV 700 Diesel AWD AX7 November 2022 manufactured. I also noticed that the engine was not revving as smoothly as it used to earlier. I did some digging on the same and seems like I might have found something.

So when I started looking for the grade/kind of engine oil that was used I was told that the engine oil being used everywhere is the Mahindra Maximile Ultra Semi Synthetic oil at 5W30. But when I looked into the provided service book, the recommended oil was Mahindra Maximile Ultra V4 Next-gen Synthetic oil. It clearly says synthetic oil on the box. The service book also says in case the V4 isn’t available the regular maximile ultra should be used.

This sort of sounds like there isn’t enough supply of this synthetic oil and hence it is only reserved for the cars out of the factory? Hence the oil changes post the factory are with an inferior Semisynthetic oil which is causing the said increase in NVH.

I further did some research and found on the same forum that the best synthetic oil for ACEA C3/API CH4 oil available in the market currently is the Castrol Edge 30 5w30LL. I’m thinking of changing it to this oil in case the dealership isn’t able to source the Maximile Ultra V4. Is that a good option?

Zeitgest - I came to this thread exactly to report the above issue. (AX5 D MT Nov '22 manufactured)
Post 10k service, engine is not smooth as before especially in 100+ kmph speeds. I was wondering what the issue was as it was inconsistent..Looks like a common issue.

My ask to fellow diesel owners..
1. Has someone changed oil as suggested above and whether that helped?
2. Anyone else noticing higher NVH + some sort of lack of smoothness at higher speeds specifically after 10k service?

Last edited by univ_explorer : 9th July 2023 at 09:39.
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 09:33   #8705
BHPian

Hi All,
Last week I finally went for the software version upgrade along with ECU flash.
As posted earlier, I was on the stock version since Jan and the trigger for upgrade was the constant reboot of the ICE last saturday. Happened continuously almost 15-20 times in an hours drive. With all the good words I read about Chrome Motors here, I promptly booked an appointment for Thursday and was in and out of there in about 2.5 hours. CoTek Mr.Prasad seemed very informed and was a pleasure to chat with.
So now on ver 10.14 with Car Play and MMI version upgraded as well (Though I still find its navigation routes pathetic in city limits).

One odd issue I noticed yesterday. The Auto dimming headlight feature seems to be broken. It is not getting activated at all. Has anyone else also faced this issue after version upgrade? Is there any simple fix?
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 10:41   #8706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Totally agree with this, the insane taxes plus increased prices are a nuisance. When I booked the car in December 2021, the on-road price in Bangalore was 25.86 lakhs, but at delivery in August 22, it was 27 lakhs and now it's 29 lakhs, a huge difference in price without any feature additions.
Karnataka Govt is all set to increase Registration Charges of commercial vehicles very soon (which was hinted during last week's state budget). This time there might be significant increase so as to compensate all those "BHAGYA" schemes they promised during recent elections.
Old 9th July 2023, 13:39   #8707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Hi All,
So now on ver 10.14 with Car Play and MMI version upgraded as well (Though I still find its navigation routes pathetic in city limits).

One odd issue I noticed yesterday. The Auto dimming headlight feature seems to be broken. It is not getting activated at all. Has anyone else also faced this issue after version upgrade? Is there any simple fix?
Did a quick check in the Settings and the culprit was High Beam Assist had got disabled/unselected post the s/w upgrade. Checked the box and it works fine now.

Got to see what all settings have got reset now!
Old 10th July 2023, 01:12   #8708

I am planning to buy a petrol automatic 7-seater SUV in 20-30 lacs OTR price. I am looking for a top model with all the features and tech. There are mainly three options in this range:

Alcazar: Like the new engine, overall fit n finish of car interiors, entertainment system display and touch response. This engine is also expected to give relatively higher fuel economy.

Negatives are it's build quality and congested middle row. Also, it doesn't have ADAS but that isn't much of an issue.

Hector: I like it's looks, size and interiors. Also, middle seat is spacious. It's drive seems fine but I have concerns about its engine capabilities and CVT lag.

My drive will be 70 percent in city traffic and 30 percent highway long trips that will involve hills. So, confused if it will feel underpower with full load in hills?

XUV 700: I like it's size and overall traditional SUV type looks. Most important is it's petrol provide great power and better drive.

But, I feel it's interiors now seems bit plain with fit n finish and quality of its interiors not at same level as of other two options. Also, various niggles related to display and suspension sound is not fully sorted yet.

It's fuel economy reported by other users is 6-7 kmpl. For petrol automatic 7 seater SUV, I think all these vehicles will provide in city fuel economy of 7-9 kmpl. So, that isn't much of an issue.

Are we expecting any facelift to XUV 700 in coming few months with additional features?
Old 10th July 2023, 04:26   #8709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
I am planning to buy a petrol automatic 7-seater SUV in 20-30 lacs OTR price. I am looking for a top model with all the features and tech. There are mainly three options in this range:
Are we expecting any facelift to XUV 700 in coming few months with additional features?
For a complete package under 30 lakhs as regards features, performance, and tech, the XUV700 is the way to go, but if mileage is important to you and for seating 7 with the best of comfort, nothing can beat the Innova Hycross Hybrid/Maruti Invicto.

Now as regards the facelift, the XUV700 won't be due a facelift anytime soon.

Now, if you are considering other options, the MG Hector Plus is a good option, but the 1.5 Petrol CVT motor is not dynamic and lacks the outright grunt that the XUV700 offers, besides this it is a good option as well.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 10:14   #8710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Zeitgest - I came to this thread exactly to report the above issue. (AX5 D MT Nov '22 manufactured)
Post 10k service, engine is not smooth as before especially in 100+ kmph speeds. I was wondering what the issue was as it was inconsistent..Looks like a common issue.

My ask to fellow diesel owners..
1. Has someone changed oil as suggested above and whether that helped?
2. Anyone else noticing higher NVH + some sort of lack of smoothness at higher speeds specifically after 10k service?
Is this Ultra V4 something new ? I don't see reference to it in the manual on the WYH app. Sharing a screenshot from the app below. Need to check my physical copy of the book now
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230710-10.08.39.png  

shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:13   #8711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Since we don't have a separate niggles thread exclusively for the XUV700, I am posting a few niggles I faced here (a rant if you will). The car has been driven close to 30,000 kms now and it's been a year and four months since we got it.
  1. Car won't unlock with keyfob. Had parked the car and gone shopping, when I returned, the car wouldn't respond to the key fob. After a few moments of terror, I tried opening the car with Adrenox and thankfully it was one of those few times when Adrenox worked. The car opened and afterwards the car recognised the keyfob again. This was really scary considering I've not had it happen with my Hyundai Creta in the 5 years that I've had it.
  2. Tearing sound from speakers sometimes - this affects even the indicator sound as well. Even after shutting down the car, the sound persists and it is only after locking and unlocking the car that the sound goes away.
  3. Blank Screens - Since day 1, the car had this issue where it would remain blank upon starting - After a while, it shows software update window for few seconds and then system restarts - giving the Hill Hold error which goes away after shutting the car, locking it, and then restarting it again.
  4. Frequent wireless Apple Carplay, Android Auto disconnects.
  5. Body noise within 1 year from the doorpads and also front speaker placed on dashboard which creak at the slightest road disturbance.
  6. The passenger side power window mechanism has been damaged as per Service centre. They have ordered a replacement for me. However, this makes me question the quality of Mahindra's parts even more which gets damaged within a year.
  7. O-ring burst while returning home from another city - leaking coolant everywhere on the bottom. Replacement part (coolant hose pipe) cost 350 rupees thereabouts which was cheap, but perhaps the reason also why it burst in the first place.
  8. Dug Dug sound from suspension is gone after changing the control arms but the suspension is still loud while performing it's duties and feels like it could fall off any second.

The car is very good imho, it's just that the overall experience with niggles and parts failing makes what could have been an excellent car into a good car which I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending to others unless they're also ready to deal with frustrating niggles and constant visits to the service centre.

Hi Wade,
Wanted to share some suggestions for the above stated problems faced by you.

1. When it comes to car not recognising key fob, haven't faced this problem in my XUV 700 yet but had faced a similar kind of issue in my Honda WRV in the ownership span of 6 years. When my Honda WRV had clocked around 35k kms, the battery in the wireless key had drained out and features like passive keyless entry, unlocking/locking & also turning on the ignition had irregularities in their operation. Now since you have clocked over 30k in just over 1.5 years, the usage of key fob might have been extensive so it is just possible that battery may have drained out.

2. I have faced tearing sounds from speakers but that is only when the indicators are on for a long time, it happens once in around every 10 chirps so not a concern there. Never have I faced it when the music is playing. Is it the same situation in your case?

3. Blank screen issue has been there for quite a while and I have faced it twice in ~7k kms. One observation which I could make is that if you express start your vehicle (In one step instead of starting it in the 2nd step i.e. after clicking the start/stop button once) the issue is more prominent. Starting the vehicle once the battery functionalities are on allows the vehicle to boot up all its systems in a phased manner.

4. This is interesting since the same happened with my WRV so I can correlate with it. My parking is an open one & there is a big tree over my car's parking, so there is a continuous free fall of leaves on my car & moreover these leaves manage to seep through the gap between window and rubber element. This process gets accelerated even more during the rainy season. Nowadays the overall mechanism is more complex than before with power windows coming in with all sorts of protective add-ons like anti-pinch.
These leaves can clog up the space between it and can hamper the functionality of the motor which operates the power windows & is also responsible for the crackling sound which at times is heard when we roll up the windows.

Thanks.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 14:44   #8712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
There is a new firmware/ software update for 7OO now. It’s 10.27.61/ 10.27.62.
I got this update today. More detailed update and pictures can be found here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5583067
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 00:32   #8713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer View Post
I got the car polished from the same guy who had ceramic coated my car and recommended and installed my entire Brezza's system and damping (can provide details, satisfied) and took it to Lodhi Art District early morning today for some photos. I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.
Can you please tell more about the music system upgrade in your Brezza and provide some details into the cost regarding the same ?
I want to upgrade the music system in the family’s WagonR and would appreciate the guidance. Thank you !

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2023 at 10:09. Reason: Shortening quoted post :)
Apachian_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 08:23   #8714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausum View Post
I am planning to buy a petrol automatic 7-seater SUV in 20-30 lacs OTR price. I am looking for a top model with all the features and tech. There are mainly three options in this range:\
I got my Hector Plus end May this year. Personally, overall build, finish and space its best in class. As far as the engine is concerned, it's excellent within city, convenient and drivable. Power and lag wouldn't be an issue. Does a fine job on the highways as well. I haven't taken it to the hills yet, but other fellow BHPians who have, say they didn't face any issue with lack of power. Yes, it doesn't have the brut power of the XUV, but honestly, you don't need it in most of your daily driving conditions.

The 2 reasons for me not going for the XUV:
- The design, fit and finish never really appealed to me - both for interior and exterior
- The crazy waiting period with no price protection.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2023 at 10:09. Reason: Shortening quoted post :)
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 01:44   #8715
BHPian

Hi All,

Has anybody recently taken delivery of AX7 Luxury pack variant? Are the cars now coming with rear sequential indicators and both keys? Also, if you did, did you face the suspension noise or is it completely resolved now?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks