Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 06:28   #8641
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
I need advice on the correct wire gauge to use for a DIY 12V multi-socket plug accessory extension for my XUV700.
If I understand your requirement correctly, this extension cable should fit your purpose.
Old 27th June 2023, 08:45   #8642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
If I understand your requirement correctly, this extension cable should fit your purpose.
Thanks however, I am sorry, I don't see any link or image of the recommended cable in your post.
Old 27th June 2023, 11:33   #8643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
I need advice on the correct wire gauge to use for a DIY 12V multi-socket plug accessory extension for my XUV700.
Here is the link for the car charger extension cable
KNL_Bandi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 11:59   #8644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Just checked out the XUV700 at Shireesh Silk board today. The wait times are just mind boggling. Really amazed that they still cannot sort out the production in tune with the demand.

AX7 has a waiting period of 8-9months and AX5 has a 4-5 month waiting period. Is this in line with folks getting delivery now?
I understand your frustration. This issue was discussed during the plant visit in May'23. Be rest assured that M&M sales team (and management) is well aware of this fact. We were informed that 1 Lakh car has been delivered and nearly 1 Lakh more is booked and waiting delivery. The M&M plant works in two shifts and produces 200 XUV 700 every day (presently). They can easily add one more shift to produce more car, but the limiting factor / constraint in this case is the parts sourcing, some of which are imported. So, until the part suppliers are not in a position to increase their capacity, M&M cannot increase their production level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Anyone aware on how to get rid of first service alert? I got my first service done at 800km. And now it has run 1200+ still the light is on. i called service center, they said... "it will go on its own". Its been 200km it hasn't really gone and I am sure they have no clue about it.

This is what @A.G. has mentioned in his ownership thread :
Quote:
Tried to search for options through the settings but couldn’t find any and finally waited till 9AM before calling the CoTek for help. He promptly guided on the process to reset this by Switching OFF the ignition and then Switching it back ON without pressing the brake pedal but keeping the Enter button on the steering pressed and releasing it just before the needles complete their sweep. Post this, the alert got cleared and it didn’t come-up again.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 13:03   #8645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
The rear tyres on my car seem to camber a bit when the car is loaded, almost looks like the axle is sagging. No difference is felt while driving, but visually it’s quite evident.

Attachment 2466779

Low quality zoomed-in picture, but if you observe the rear left tyre, you can see it’s slightly tilted. This was with four people in the car and 5-6 soft bags worth of luggage.

This doesn’t happen when the car is unloaded.

Is it a normal thing for the independent suspension, or should I get it checked?
This should not happen. I have seen my XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel MT from rear with 7 adult occupants and the camber angle was even. It would be advisable to get a Wheel alignment check done.
Swift Express is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 13:33   #8646
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Need some advice on sunfilm installation on XUV700. Mahindra advises not to install sunfilm on the front shield to avoid potential damage to the silver box due to seepage of soap water used during installation. Also GPS antenna issues. Is it possible to dry install, or best avoided? I badly need it since the car will run in and around Chennai on most days.

And what’s the approx cost of STEK NEX70 or 85 for XUV700, front rear w/s and windows. I’m getting a quote of 45k which seems steep. Any other suggestions? Which offers Atleast 50% TSER?

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
This should not happen. I have seen my XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel MT from rear with 7 adult occupants and the camber angle was even. It would be advisable to get a Wheel alignment check done.
I have seen plenty of loaded XUVs on road with the issue and used to wonder whether this is normal. Will Wheel alignment correct it ? Or something to do with the independent suspension setup itself ? Just curious. I need to load up my XUV and check it myself.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th June 2023 at 16:42. Reason: Post formatting; kindly avoid extra space in sentences and within the post.
FlyboyQP is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th June 2023, 13:47   #8647
Senior - BHPian

Not so surprised to see the difference in pricing of the XUV700 P AX7L in Queensland, Australia and Kochi, Kerala. A difference of Rs.697,039 based on today's exchange rates.

In Kochi (from CarDekho): 2890502
In Qld: 2193463 @INR 54.97 per AUD

The Australian pricing is excluding insurance (which is determined by the age of the owner, AFAIK), but still...

My cousin's in Queensland and he's
Told him my XUV is AWD variant which is not available in Australia

If one imports a XUV700 from abroad, would it still attract import duty? Just asking to quench my curiosity.

Edit: Link to AU pricing page:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...22104048/?Cr=0
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xqld.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 27th June 2023 at 13:49.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 16:28   #8648

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
Need some advice on sunfilm installation on XUV700. Mahindra advises not to install sunfilm on front shield due to silver box damage issue due to soap water used during installation. Also gps antenna issues. Is it possible to dry install?
The soapy water seepage can be prevented by water-proofing the dashboard first.. and as per my knowledge and videos showing installation its via a spray which means not enough water to seep through

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th June 2023 at 16:34. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
rajansehgal72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 09:44   #8649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
The rear tyres on my car seem to camber a bit when the car is loaded, almost looks like the axle is sagging. No difference is felt while driving, but visually it’s quite evident.

Attachment 2466779

Is it a normal thing for the independent suspension, or should I get it checked?
I have an AX7L manual diesel. My car behaves the same. Have reported the same to the service center but they say its completely normal. (They also showed me there test drive car whose tyres had same behaviour)
I also got alignment checked with my reputed tyre shop. They told me the same that thats how independent suspension behaves under load.
Experts please shed some light.
Old 28th June 2023, 09:55   #8650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
Hello Everyone,

Need some advice on sunfilm installation on XUV700. Mahindra advises not to install sunfilm on the front shield to avoid potential damage to the silver box due to seepage of soap water used during installation. Also GPS antenna issues. Is it possible to dry install, or best avoided? I badly need it since the car will run in and around Chennai on most days.

Don't do it. AC is powerful enough, as with any vehicle with Panoramic sunroof make sure to park in a shaded area if it is for long hours in the sun, it would avoid heat soaking the interiors.

More than water damage and GPS antenna issues , it would reduce visibility at night and you will then be trying to upgrade those excellent headlights.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 14:07   #8651
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys.
I would like to know what is the current waiting period for the XUV700? approximately please.
Last I checked was during the 2022 peak supply issues and was some ridiculous 2 years waiting period for some variants of the 700.
Old 29th June 2023, 06:14   #8652
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Hello guys.
I would like to know what is the current waiting period for the XUV700? approximately please.
Last I checked was during the 2022 peak supply issues and was some ridiculous 2 years waiting period for some variants of the 700.
Here in Kerala, it's in the 6-9 month territory depending on the variant, it should be similar in your state as well. You could get yours quicker if you are flexible on variant and colour.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 09:25   #8653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys.
Visit 3-4 dealers , tell them you are looking for immediate delivery, flexible with color or variant. Now wait for them to find you a car, as long as you are looking for AX7-L AT , you should get it within a few months , sometimes immediately if you are lucky. Supply of 7OO is less to individual dealers in comparison to other models.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 10:12   #8654
Senior - BHPian

Thanks both for the quick responses.
The XUV700 isn't something I seriously considered, as I did just the one TD and was more inclined towards the VW Tiguan, with the Ocatavia and Superb being the next in the list. However, now with the latter being discontinued and the new Tiguan gen model being around the corner and with it presumably a price hike I have started looking at options such as the XUV again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Here in Kerala, it's in the 6-9 month territory depending on the variant, it should be similar in your state as well. You could get yours quicker if you are flexible on variant and colour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Visit 3-4 dealers , tell them you are looking for immediate delivery, flexible with color or variant. Now wait for them to find you a car, as long as you are looking for AX7-L AT , you should get it within a few months , sometimes immediately if you are lucky. Supply of 7OO is less to individual dealers in comparison to other models.
Locally we have the factory run Mahindra showroom I would prefer to deal with as I had a great TD experience with them. Not sure how they prioritise their own dealerships with deliveries, I shall inquire later in the year and find out.

Also, Could you guys tell me if the issues with the car have now been resolved? from what I recall there were electronic failures on the display etc.
Old 29th June 2023, 10:30   #8655
BANNED

Quote:
Also, Could you guys tell me if the issues with the car have now been resolved? from what I recall there were electronic failures on the display etc.
We have a Mahondra XUV700 AX7 Diesel AWD Luxury Pack in our family, but it's just been 3 months, no problems at all yet, but can't really comment on the future. Our neighbour has had one for over a year and he is quite happy with it, and says he hasn't had any niggles so far too.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks