Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2023, 14:14   #8596
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
Friends, I got delivery of my AX7L Petrol recently and I asked dealer to add a SD card. He confirmed adding 32 GB SD card and charged 900 Rs for the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Per my understanding, the system is designed to work with only 32GB cards. It will not work with 128 / 256 GB cards.

I took both 32 GB and 64 GB SD Cards (self-bought) to Service Center.

The technician preferred installing the 64 GB Card. He confirmed that there is no issue installing a 64 GB card.

He didn't use any special tool to install it, peeked inside the left side footwell, and installed it in 2 mins.
I paid nothing for the installation.

The SD card is detected in the DVR settings however, doesn't show the capacity. The recording is working fine.
I am not sure if the full 64 GB or only 32 GB of the SD Card is utilized for the purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230609-15.38.28.jpg  

alamodein is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 10:07   #8597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
He didn't use any special tool to install it, peeked inside the left side footwell, and installed it in 2 mins.
I paid nothing for the installation.

Must applaud the skill of the technician.

In my case they opened up the whole left side to fix the SD card.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-sd-card.jpg
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 15:24   #8598

Came across this video on Youtube (timestamp: 1:42), where the guy installs aftermarket ventilation system to enable ventilated seats. According to the guy, there's no splicing involved. And there are some positive comments on the video as well. Does anyone know about this?

Here's the video:
Old 15th June 2023, 16:04   #8599

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello great people!

I have been following the Team-BHP threads ever since I had a thought of buying a new car. Thank you very much for allowing me to join. I really appreciate the information and insights that the members provided.

I zeroed in on XUV700 after facing the harsh truth that Toyota had stopped production of Hycross top variant (ZX (O)) for more than a year.

I took delivery on 29th May of an AX7L D AWD Electric Blue with PPF (actual purchase was on 5th May, 2023) in Calicut, Kerala.

I have few doubts regarding the purchase before I can share the delivery experience:
1. The Fastag they issued was in coordination with IDFC Bank. I had to pay Rs. 600/- for it but my Fastag transaction shows that they credited Rs. 200/- and debited Rs. 100/- for charges (so balance is only Rs. 100/-). I tried raising the issue with the SA, but they gave me the contact of an IDFC agent in Trichur. That person is not properly responding, but I managed to get the below breakup:
200 for balance
200 for security deposit
200 for tag cost

But according to the Fastag page https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/person...es-and-charges :
Fastag joining fee is Rs. 100 (inclusive of GST)
Car/Jeep/Van/Mini Light Commercial Vehicle minimum balance is Rs. 200
and my Fastag account transaction makes no sense.

Could someone please help me understand this?
Name:  fasttag.png
Views: 1053
Size:  19.9 KB

And no - my 7OO has not gone through any toll booths (so its not a deduction based on my toll usage). IDFC Bank has not replied to my emails either.

Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th June 2023 at 08:49. Reason: Spacing, spelling. One edit in last line for clarity.
Old 16th June 2023, 17:22   #8600

Thank you so much for the details. I am planning to get one with AWD. What is your recommendation on XUV700.
Old 16th June 2023, 18:39   #8601
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey Everyone,

A couple of months back the infotainment software was updated, but for whatever reason it made CarPlay connectivity worse! Last week the care was in the service centre for some niggles, recall etc and they installed a new patch for CarPlay / infotainment system. I believe the version is still this same. While this has improved CarPlay connectivity, its caused an issue with audio settings.
1. the 3D Sound defaults to 3D Surround whereas I like it to be set to Breezy. I have to change it manually. It did not happen prior to the “patch”. Strange bit is that the rest of the settings remain as I have saved them
2. When I turn on the infotainment by default it plays radio. WHile this did happen earlier, I had set it to mute and hence would not get the jarring sound and shock value on turning on the infotainment.
I believe the above are somehow connected to user profile settings, which not sure is effective as no matter what I do there, none of the above are saved in the profile settings. Am I missing something here.

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers!
Old 17th June 2023, 08:48   #8602
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack_needle View Post

I have few doubts regarding the purchase before I can share the delivery experience:
1. The Fastag they issued was in coordination with IDFC Bank. I had to pay Rs. 600/- for it but my Fastag transaction shows that they credited Rs. 200/- and debited Rs. 100/- for charges (so balance is only Rs. 100/-). I tried raising the issue with the SA, but they gave me the contact of an IDFC agent in Trichur. That person is not properly responding, but I managed to get the below breakup:
200 for balance
200 for security deposit
200 for tag cost
Fastag response lines are infamously hard to get through for a proper response, as a recent Paytm fastag fiasco testifies. This payment has been routed through your dealer, so demand an answer from him (and for HIM to explain the break up not to point you to the fastag agent).

Its possible that Tag cost (Rs 200) and joining fee (Rs. 100) are two separate charges and they’ve deducted the joining fee from your available balance. Best to push your dealership to get you a proper response. They’re the ones who’re most likely to be responsive. The agent won’t feel as obliged to reply to you as the Mahindra sales rep. And if you harrow the dealership, they’ll hopefully harrow the agent. The agent gets volume business from the dealership so more likely to provide them a proper answer.

At the end of the day, its a discrepancy of Rs. 100 (of course it can be a matter of principle, I understand). Take a call on the amount of your bandwidth it will take to get to the bottom of this discrepancy vs how strongly you feel about it.
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 09:29   #8603

Hi Folks,

We are planning to go on a long road trop in the Himalayas. Please help us by sharing your experience/knowledge on following:
  1. Does AWD and traction control work with space saver tyre?
  2. Any additive that needs to be added in diesel below 5 degree and subzero temperatures?
  3. Anyone here who have removed one of the last two seats, please help with the photo of the bolt position (position of bolts to be taken out). Any cons of removing the seat? We want to remove to increase the boot space.
Old 18th June 2023, 13:00   #8604

Hello Everyone!
I am glad to be a part of this great community after being a regular follower from nearly 5 years.

Mahindra has launched XUV 700 in the Australian market. Here are some technical specs.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20230618wa0002.jpg

It has some additional information, like the towing capacity, the GC, Kerb weight and few more, although we already know most of them.

Cheers!
WDP-4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 15:16   #8605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
Dear BHPians,

Finally my SA called me and informed that my vehicle is ready. I had booked AX7 L diesel AWD.
Can you help me on what all can be bargained from pricing? Insurance from the price quote is 1.44 lakhs. From the previous posts I understand that this can comedown if I buy my own insurance.
Is the Ex showroom price fixed or in dealers control?
Anything else where price can be reduced?

Yes they will reduce insurance and you can bargain up to 80k as per my experience. They will not give any discount on ex showroom price.
My experience with united india has been horrible. Accident happened in dec 2022, repair completed in jan 2023 and paid from own pocket, still not received the settlement amount. They ask same documents multiple times and its never ending. I took it through policy bazar. Also they unreasonably reduced the claim amount by 37k.

Better go with any insurance that has cashless setup with Mahindra.
telugite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 18:51   #8606
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
My experience with united india has been horrible. Accident happened in dec 2022, repair completed in jan 2023 and paid from own pocket, still not received the settlement amount. They ask same documents multiple times and its never ending. I took it through policy bazar. Also they unreasonably reduced the claim amount by 37k.

Never go with the low prices quoted by Policybazaar for United India, National Insurance, Oriental, etc, they hardly have cashless tie-ups with some dealerships from Mahindra, Kia, etc and you will be fed up with their claim processing. Always ensure that the Insurance you buy whether online or offline has cashless claims settlement with the dealer garage or else you could be in for quite a hard time getting the claim settlement.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 09:52   #8607
BHPian

Today i sent my diesel ax7l awd for 20k service
Oil change was done at 10k service.
Advisor says oil change not needed now. It is only needed for every 20k. Since oil change was done at 10k, next oil change at 30k

Please advise? Is this correct?
Old 19th June 2023, 11:33   #8608
BHPian

Mod note: Please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead of back to back post. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
Yes they will reduce insurance and you can bargain up to 80k as per my experience.
=======
Thank you. They have brought the insurance down to 75K now. (That is really cheating, If I had not read this info here, I would have probably paid that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Never go with the low prices quoted by Policybazaar for United India, National Insurance, Oriental, etc, they hardly have cashless tie-ups with some dealerships from Mahindra, Kia, etc and you will be fed up with their claim processing. Always ensure that the Insurance you buy whether online or offline has cashless claims settlement with the dealer garage or else you could be in for quite a hard time getting the claim settlement.
The quote from Mahindra dealer is from Tata AIG. Now it is reduced to 75K. Probably, I will go with it.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th June 2023 at 12:09. Reason: Please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead of back to back post. Thanks.
Old 19th June 2023, 14:18   #8609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack_needle View Post
Hello great people!
==================
And no - my 7OO has not gone through any toll booths (so it's not a deduction based on my toll usage). IDFC Bank has not replied to my emails either.

Thanks
They charge 600/700 but only Rs.100 is added to the balance. Rs.200 goes to security deposit. The remaining amount of Rs.300/400 is unaccounted. The showroom guys dont have a concrete answer either.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th June 2023 at 15:34. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:23   #8610
BHPian

Mod note: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
I got all of these (except 8 as I have an MX variant and 4 as I don't require it) and more (fog lamps, reverse parking camera, etc.
======
NA to you - not applicable to you as it would already be there or is not required (alloy wheels vs steel wheels, etc.)
Do we need rain visor?

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th June 2023 at 15:35. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks