Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:14   #7996
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra XUV700 to get a new entry level variant, called MX (E). It will be offered with diesel manual option.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230302_091310.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:12   #7997

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Thanks Mahesh - what all will this wipe off? All my infotainment settings?
No, it doesn't wipe off any of your infotainment settings. It was done once for me during my first service visit as I had the same issue and it did not wipe off any settings.
rs_cockpit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:16   #7998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
There was a suggestion here (Mahindra XUV700 Review) that recovered an eSIM. Hope this helps you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Thank you for the advise, today I too went into the settings and saw but i found that the service mode was not active but. But somehow magically the esim was back in action and the network came back
Ok - I figured out that this resides in the "Car settings' and in my case looked I had set it while fiddling with the options. I turned it off - but no effect on the sim connection issue. Looks like I will try the battery -ve terminal disconnection as well ....
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:47   #7999
BHPian

No, it would not reset any settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Thanks Mahesh - what all will this wipe off? All my infotainment settings?
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:13   #8000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
You can try disconnecting the battery for couple of mins and reconnect again and it should work until you are lucky to have Vodofone signal in the area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
There was a suggestion here (Mahindra XUV700 Review) that recovered an eSIM. Hope this helps you.
Disconnecting the -ve terminal did solve the problem - thank you for saving me a trip to the service center :-)
kedar_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 01:23   #8001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
the fuel tank was replaced along with canister and GVV vent pipes with t-block in last April. So, my car was not in this recall list. So, it doesn't appear that the issue is permanently resolved while it didn't resurface for 10 months.
Thought I should clarify this to avoid confusion. It turned out that, when my tank was replaced, it did not come with a T-block. Somehow, the car did not make it to the recall list too. So, it look like the missing T-block was the problem.
Old 3rd March 2023, 20:54   #8002
BHPian

Finally got the second key and sequential tail lamps today. My car was delivered 12th April 2022.

the service center also updated the software to 10.14.11

Is this stable version or still has issues?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230303-8.49.07-pm.jpeg
telugite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 10:16   #8003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post

the service center also updated the software to 10.14.11 Is this stable version or still has issues?
I got 10.14.12 installed last week. Haven't faced any issues so far; I used to have trouble with Android Auto earlier. Also, Amazon Music works on Alexa now.
impala is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 12:28   #8004
BHPian

Can someone in Bangalore please let me know a good shop to buy a dashcam and get it completely fitted?
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 12:53   #8005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I got 10.14.12 installed last week. Haven't faced any issues so far; I used to have trouble with Android Auto earlier. Also, Amazon Music works on Alexa now.
Same with me. Had the update done on my 1000 Kms service this Tuesday. Micro SD card(32GB) inserted. Went for Underbody and silencer coating from service center itself. Apple carplay was activated. Loved the interface and it's pretty handy without any lag.

Now Alexa access songs from Amazon Music too. Earlier it used to play from Hungama. What's the criteria for this selection? Can we manually select Amazon music/ Hungama/ Spotify or others?

Have covered 1317Kms till now. DEF level is 86%. Is it normal?

Last edited by Vasuki : 4th March 2023 at 12:56.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 13:04   #8006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Can we manually select Amazon music/ Hungama/ Spotify or others?
You can set the default in Alexa app settings on your phone. Of course, you can mention the music app while asking Alexa for music too.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 00:25   #8007
Bit
BHPian

Are the niggles (especially related to the battery drain and overuse of tech.) been sorted in 2023?

I am considering AX7 however since I stay out of India for a pretty generous time, there might be instances where the car isn't started for a month or even two.

Given that I've heard horror stories of the car denying to start just after 7 days of idle, should this be taken into consideration seriously for my use case?
Old 5th March 2023, 13:18   #8008
BHPian

Hi,

Need some advice, though I a waiting for an allotment and wait seems to getting longer and longer. I came across a 11k run AX7L petrol, and got interested in it.

I then asked them for it service records and it showed plenty of things done under warranty - can someone who owns the vehicle shed some light on it what these mean ?

Also from the RC came to know that the vehicle was manufactured in 9/2021 but registered in 7/2022. This has me believing that there is certainly something wrong with vehicle.

Can someone please advice me if I should listen to my mind and drop pursuing this second hand car ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M6J11896 -4030.pdf (10.2 KB, 298 views)
Old 5th March 2023, 18:47   #8009
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
Hi,

Need some advice, though I a waiting for an allotment and wait seems to getting longer and longer. I came across a 11k run AX7L petrol, and got interested in it.

I then asked them for it service records and it showed plenty of things done under warranty - can someone who owns the vehicle shed some light on it what these mean ?

Also from the RC came to know that the vehicle was manufactured in 9/2021 but registered in 7/2022. This has me believing that there is certainly something wrong with vehicle.

Can someone please advice me if I should listen to my mind and drop pursuing this second hand car ?
What's the asking price on that?
Old 5th March 2023, 20:49   #8010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
Hi,

It looks like a vehicle registered to a business (hotel). Are you sure you want to buy a car which is not from an individual but a commercial entity? Not that I'm doubting anything but we never know how it was driven and maintained over its ownership? Then there is doubt about the gap between the manufacturing date vs actual registration date. Unless you know the owners, I am not sure buying a commercially owned car is a good idea.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks