Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 10:11   #7636
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
I don't think XUV700 has break assist. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Also, will be great if someone can share potential rationale behind not providing break assist in XUV700 when lot of much smaller cars support it.
It has multiple levels of break assist. The details and description are available in the manual. Specifically, to the query on the sharp brake feeling, turning off AEBS for city drives seems to offer partial relief to me. Still sharp compared to the other vehicles I have driven and I am still learning my way with it.

Anyone has better experience turning off ESP (Stability) (& implicitly EBP - Electric Brake Prefill)? These are active by default and is a chore to switch off for every ignition cycle.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 11:03   #7637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Thanks, dashboard/door trim leather wrapping can be done easily by a good installer. YouTube has hundreds of videos documenting it.
Yes the dashboard needs to be opened up but with experienced staff its not a big hassle.
I was quoted around 26k for the whole package (5 seats + Front Armrest + Steering Wheel + Dashboard and Door Trim) but i got a little discount as my friend who was with me knew the owner. Got a warranty card/bill for peace of mind.
One last question : Did the seat cover provider rip off the original fabric seat cover and replaced with leather cover or was the leather cover put on top of the existing fabric OEM cover?
Old 11th January 2023, 11:51   #7638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Anyone has better experience turning off ESP (Stability) (& implicitly EBP - Electric Brake Prefill)? These are active by default and is a chore to switch off for every ignition cycle.
I would urge you to not switch off ESP in the interest of safety. For tall/large vehicles like XUV 700 rollover accident risk is 2 times that for sedans. ESP was specifically designed to prevent rollover.

This video is worth a million words
StopUnderrides is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 12:16   #7639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
I would urge you to not switch off ESP in the interest of safety. For tall/large vehicles like XUV 700 rollover accident risk is 2 times that for sedans. ESP was specifically designed to prevent rollover.

This video is worth a million words
https://Youtu.be/706duTcxDCc?t=37
Thanks for this demonstration video. Very helpful. Never meant to understate the value of ESP & EPB in managing the over/under steer conditions. The very reason, they are active by default.

Assuming, they have no impact (negative, in particular) within the city (slow) driving conditions and no correlation to the perceived sharp braking behaviour.
Old 11th January 2023, 17:21   #7640

Few questions regarding rear sequential indicator for AX7L-

I see that people have started getting rear sequential indicators for AX7L,
  1. Do we know if there is a queue / process Mahindra follows to provide the indicators to the customer?
  2. Should I follow up with Service center or dealership for the status of the indicators? if service center, can it be any service center (like the ones not attached to the dealership where I purchased)?
Old 11th January 2023, 18:26   #7641
BHPian

I have booked AX7 L variant and waiting for delivery, but would like to know from existing owners, if its possible to install seat covers on top of the existing seats in this variant - I hate white seats. It would be a nightmare to maintain on long run.

But I liked the comfort provided by the seats, so just wanted to know if seat covers can be installed on this variant - How practical that would be and will it have any adverse effect on the comfort.

I see seat covers are available as an accessory for MX5/MX7 variants but i think these variants offer fabric seats?
Old 11th January 2023, 18:47   #7642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Personally I found the below Mahindra accessories good in quality and worth the price:

1.Mudflaps
2.Side footsteps
3.Illuminated scuff plates
4.Screen guard
5.3D mats
Was curious to know if side footsteps are worth the 40k odd amount. While observing other XUV700s, I didn’t find any substantial difference in the height difference for stepping into the car.

(I am waiting for my XUV700’s delivery so tend to ogle at ones parked around )

Cheers,
Vins
Old 11th January 2023, 19:17   #7643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
I have booked AX7 L variant and waiting for delivery, but would like to know from existing owners, if its possible to install seat covers on top of the existing seats in this variant - I hate white seats. It would be a nightmare to maintain on long run.

But I liked the comfort provided by the seats, so just wanted to know if seat covers can be installed on this variant - How practical that would be and will it have any adverse effect on the comfort.
The general advisory as per the owner's manual, is not use seat covers. They may hamper the following (front seats):
1. Operations of the seat side impact airbags
2. Passenger occupancy detection sensors
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 19:38   #7644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Was curious to know if side footsteps are worth the 40k odd amount. While observing other XUV700s, I didn’t find any substantial difference in the height difference for stepping into the car.

Cheers,
Vins
I paid 24-26k for the sidesteps - my only reason for buying it at the time of purchase was to help my mother to get in/out. I would definitely recommend it w.r.t quality and fitment.

There are few additional perks to it that I found after using - definite protection from side rubs/scrapes, blocks a lot of muck from getting onto the body in monsoons, helps in cleaning the roofs during car wash.

The only negative, for me in particular, is for my height whenever I get out of my car I am always in two minds as to get down directly or with a step on the sidestep

Last edited by Sandegov : 11th January 2023 at 19:39.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 20:14   #7645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
Finally I will be taking delivery of my midnight blue AX7L D AT this Sunday. Will be writing my experience shortly. Meanwhile, I wanted some advice regarding which accessories to get and if getting a ceramic coating is worth it. Any suggestion is much appreciated.
I got it done and the results are good. I can notice that the dust that gathers (very visible on midnight black color specially) but it does not settle. There is a noticeable glow/shine, but it could just be me over admiring my car! Of course my experience is limited to less than a week of ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Personally I found the below Mahindra accessories good in quality and worth the price:

1.Mudflaps
2.Side footsteps
3.Illuminated scuff plates
4.Screen guard
5.3D mats
Fully agree with this list, exactly what I got done as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
No way except for voiding warranty and losing an airbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post

Cheers,
Vins
Worth it if you have smaller kids or older people. Granted the difference is not substantial, but even those few inches makes a difference! I have a 3 year old son and an 83 years old grand father. It definitely helped both get in to the car independently. Also, its not 40k for sure (unless you are taking some other and not Mahindra branded), more like 25k.
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 20:40   #7646
BHPian

hey Guys
wanted to get comments on 2 observations from my ownership of 2200 kms
1. while trying to push the DTE/Range i found that below 50(45 to be precise) the car was not starting. while cranking it didn't turn on. at first i panicked but remembered the fuel is low. i then gave a shake (trying the old scooter trick) which worked and the car started. immediately refueled and promised myself not to go below 100 in future.
2. does the smart filter help with vomit? my toddler seems comfortable in car and never vomited even once. whereas in the old car she used to.
Any comments would be great
TIA
Old 11th January 2023, 21:04   #7647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi01gupta View Post
Detailed and Necessary ownership review for anyone buying the car as well as existing owners!!

CONCLUSION

The car is a commendable attempt by Mahindra and despite minor issues they have gone very far in terms of what they are actually providing.
The high speed stability and driving dynamics are on point.
But my advice and it is a genuine one.
The headache with this car about what issue might come up next is a bit annoying. I can handle it for the most part but the people who love absolute mental peace and hassle free ownership this car is not for them YET at this stage in the production cycle.

I would advise a person who has good Volkswagen dealership nearby and does not have an issue with petrol, can add 8 lakhs more if buying the top model of Xuv 700 to seriously consider The Volkswagen Tiguan AWD.

While i absolutely love the car if i had 10 more lakh rupees to spare and my running was less i
would have gone for the Tiguan. Currently owning the polo i can vouch for the Material quality and QC at VW.

If Mahindra can up their game in fit and finish there is absolutely no contender to this car.

What i think why this is like this is not because of the price but because the material being used in top model which costs 30L and base model which costs 15L OTR is the same and therefore material quality is bound to be low with respect to 30L
How can you compare a mile-munching diesel car to a thirsty petrol guzzler?
And the experience of a car/brand is not just in the initial cost to buy the car. What also matters is the cost of ownership.

Yes, you are 100% right that there is no comparison to the fit & finish, driving dynamics, and build quality of the Tiguan comapred to 700. Tiguan is way better. However, please note that Tiguan is a global car while the 700 is not. Tiguan's maintenance cost will be more than twice the cost of maintaining a 700. Another important point is that reliability and VW doesn't go well. For eg - the notorious DSG failure. Let us not forget the buying cost of Tiguan which is 11 lakhs more expensive than 700.
So all in all, it is definitely not a wise decision to save up for the Tiguan than buy a 700.
Old 11th January 2023, 23:59   #7648
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians,

I recently took delivery of a diesel ax7L, everything is good so far. Except that I have noticed outside noise coming in from the driver side window whenever a car or bike passes me. Also I experience thuds in the rear suspension on and off at lower speeds… any advice on the above on what can be done?

Regards!
Old 12th January 2023, 00:54   #7649
Senior - BHPian

Question to owners on this forum:

1. How stable is Android Auto in XUV7OO?
2. How stable is Apple Carplay in XUV7OO?
3. Does either of them work without any major issues when connected with wire? Or is it just wireless?

I will be moving back to India next month and trying to finalize a good 7 seater. Looking at either XUV7OO or Tata Safari. Tata has some new updates with a new infotainment, new instrument cluster, 360 camera and ADAS.

Hoping to take a wise decision, before plonking ~3 million. Of course, will be test driving them before going ahead with the booking.
Old 12th January 2023, 08:57   #7650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Question to owners on this forum:

1. How stable is Android Auto in XUV7OO?
2. How stable is Apple Carplay in XUV7OO?
3. Does either of them work without any major issues when connected with wire? Or is it just wireless?.
1. Pretty stable for me so far. There is an expectation around Google's new Android Auto update. Haven't seen it yet in my car.
2. Mixed reviews. Due to the issues with the build including CarPlay, Mahindra has pulled back the updates. I don't even have it in my car. Not a deal breaker for me, I am an Android person.
3. Wireless. Works fine with my android phones.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks