Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 01:30   #7516
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Guys!

My silver box is being replaced with an LVDS cable (After several attempts to fix the blank screen issue - 6th month and about 8 times vehicle has been sent to the service center).

I wanted to confirm the part number as the RO says Audio Head Unit. Is that correct?
Old 19th December 2022, 10:30   #7517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmuncher26 View Post
Please do let us know how the update for Apple Car Play goes. I will also be due for my first scheduled service soon and I am in two minds whether to insist on activating Apple Car Play. I was reading a few posts where it was reported that things started to go wrong for a few owners after activating it (blank screen et al). So, I am ok not to have Apple Car Play for now until Mahindra and Mahindra have sorted out all the issues which have been reported.
Blank screen may not be related to Apple Carplay, because it happened to many of the owners when the Apple Carplay was not available. Some have even got the silver box replaced under warranty (very costly @ 75K) for various software glitches.

If the Carplay is installed smoothly, at one go, which is the case for most owners, there would be no additional issues. But if it gets stuck somewhere is between, it is mostly beyond the capability of the cotek to clear it and re-install the software. In such case the silver box is to be replaced, under warranty. But it may take some time as such a costly spare is generally not available with the dealer.

On the other hand there is a substantial improvement in the audio quality with Carplay. So, I would suggest you to talk with the cotek at your dealer first (because he is the one who'll handle all the software issues) and if he is confident then you can decide accordingly. It is not that Android users are not having any issues with the software. Kindly remember that the sofware is buggy / unstable and almost all users are living with it because mostly the things get sorted if you close down the car and restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
I had a quick look at Mahindra website, but can't seem to locate Area Sales Manager contact number for Patiala, Punjab region.

Do we know of a direct link or URL stating that, thanks
To get the mobile number of your ASM you have to ask your SA or the GM-Sales of your dealership. Or even the customer care can share the number with you.

The mail ID of kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com has been shared several times in this thread. She is Head of CRM at Mahindra.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 11:00   #7518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrajks View Post
Hi, has anyone received a call from the dealer for the replacement of the suspension arm?
Since it is not a recall, there is no pro-active calling from dealer for replacement of the parts. I recently visited the workshop for Navigation failure and Android Auto issue and during test drive for demonstrating these issues the technician himself found the suspension noise, raised it on the RO and only then the Lower Control Arms were replaced.

Video of before and after suspension noise as captured on dashcam for reference
A.G. is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 12:04   #7519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrajks View Post
Hi, has anyone received a call from the dealer for the replacement of the suspension arm? My dealer is clueless about this.
You need to visit the dealership and insist to change. There is no official recall showing in DMS. At least till now, it is being done on a case to case basis. My dealer flatly refused that there is any recall for it but on showing evidence, they agreed.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 18:39   #7520
BHPian

I have a booking for AX7L AT AWD which is due in June, but my SA called and told me that AX7L AT is available against some cancellation. Should I wait for AWD or go with the regular one? Is it worth the wait and the premium?
Old 19th December 2022, 19:55   #7521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Guys!

My silver box is being replaced with an LVDS cable (After several attempts to fix the blank screen issue - 6th month and about 8 times vehicle has been sent to the service center).

I wanted to confirm the part number as the RO says Audio Head Unit. Is that correct?
Update: I took the delivery from SC. They replaced both the mentioned hardware plus 2 more recalls were there on my vehicle.

One was some AC-related fix and another was some cover that needed to be replaced as otherwise due to water it was getting damaged it seems. It wasn't clear what it was tho. I think it was related to the wiper fluid bottle cover or something.

Let's see how this new silver box performs.

P.S. The guy said they also had gotten an updated software which was installed but I had taken pics prior to giving the vehicle and the latest both were the same, 10.07.51. He wasn't a tech guy btw, so probably doesn't have much idea.
Old 20th December 2022, 12:16   #7522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
P.S. The guy said they also had gotten an updated software which was installed but I had taken pics prior to giving the vehicle and the latest both were the same, 10.07.51. He wasn't a tech guy btw, so probably doesn't have much idea.
Software updation should probably be the DATC ECU Flashing i.e. AC related.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 12:20   #7523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Software updation should probably be the DATC ECU Flashing i.e. AC related.
Yes, That was done too but I was specifically told about the infotainment software. I asked him to show me the latest version and it turned out to be the same.
Old 20th December 2022, 13:24   #7524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
I have a booking for AX7L AT AWD which is due in June, but my SA called and told me that AX7L AT is available against some cancellation. Should I wait for AWD or go with the regular one? Is it worth the wait and the premium?
It completely depends on where your car will be primarily driven. Based on that, you have to make a decision.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 22:08   #7525
BHPian

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/96352603.cms

Looking forward to some faster deliveries of the XUV700 for those of us waiting 2 years.

Mahindra is looking at increasing its production capacity by nearly 70% to 49,000 units per month by the end of Q4FY24, from 29,000 units per month in Q2FY23. The company said that the incremental capacity will help reduce waiting periods of new launches.

(Mods please move this thread to the right forum, if this was not correct)
mk600 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 23:52   #7526

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendO_Rookie View Post
[*]Start Stop Button (In case the vehicle is not switching off) -> Ignition status changes to ACC position. In ACC mode vehicle will get off after 30 seconds OR after the driver’s door is opened.
Cheers

Fabulous find bro! Thanks a lot! Have been looking for this for a long time. In other cars, putting the gearbox in neutral and pressing the button moves it to acc mode without powering off everything. But so far i ended up switching off in stop go traffic, restarting in acc mode (and reconnecting BT etc). Thanks again!
rvrmvaishnavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:30   #7527
BHPian

Hi Everyone

Went to dealer to get changed lower front suspension arms. They did not acknowledge initially about any recall but when I showed them the widely circulated technical service bulletin regarding this, they seemed a bit amused but promised to get back after escalating this to M&M. Guess I have to do some more pushing.

Also I am experiencing AWD error after cold start every morning. Same goes away in afternoon. I have observed this from last fortnight or so as temperatures have dropped down here considerably. Has any one from North/ North east hills experiencing same?

Regards

MM
Old 21st December 2022, 12:41   #7528

Hi Everyone,

Post #6

10K Service Update
(I completed it at 8.5Km as I had to make a trip again)

My asks

• Wiper Spray - This was just for a checkup.
  • Rear Mud Flap adjustment (Had broken it when my rear right tire went in a ditch on the road) - Got this replaced.
  • DEF Top Up - I was close to 30% and 16 ltrs was filled up.
  • TPMS 5th tire - Jakkur Service Center kept the vehicle for 2.5 days overall, but was still not able to do it. I'm not sure here if my expectations are still high. The detailed notes are below.
  • Driver Door auto roll up - The window auto rollup was not working properly and needed a gentle manual nudge to close completely. While I was told there was some dirt that had got inside and they have cleaned it and lubricated it but it seems the issue is still there.
  • LH Side pull - This issue still exists. I didn't see this on the bill and I missed asking this as I was in a hurry.

Service (Service) Update
I had booked the service a week in advance and had reminded my SA about my TPMS need. I had a long trip planned and wanted to do my service before I left Bengaluru (Odo - 8.5K).

Wednesday (Day 1)
  • 9:00 AM - I left my vehicle for service with a detailed written note on my requirement on the Job Card.
  • 3:00 PM - I get a call that it will take another day and since I have special requirements they have to connect to Head Office which will take time. Saturday was my travel day, so I was fine. I can easily claim that the vehicle was not touched until 4 pm since I received notification on my AdrenoX app.
    (Recommendation - Simple Q Management System while taking service bookings to minimize hold time at the service center.)
Thursday (Day 2)
  • 4:30 PM - I arrived at the service center to collect my vehicle at the scheduled time of 5:30 pm. To understand the challenges of TPMS settings, I arrived early. As I was told that there would be some last-minute work to be done on my vehicle, I waited for an hour in the waiting area. I made some office calls and then at 5:30 pm I headed to the workshop area to meet the head of the service center. The gentleman politely explained that they had not done the tire TPMS on the fifth tire previously and that they were taking help from the head office. I shared all the post shared by ABIRNALE to the gentleman along with the picture. He told me to come in the morning the next day and everything would be ready.
Friday (Day 3)
  • 11:00 AM - I receive the message that my car is ready, and I tell them I'll be there at 12:30 PM.
  • 1:00 PM - I collected my vehicle in a hurry as I had to do some last-minute shopping. When asked if TPMS is done my SA replied, Yes. But it looked like this.
    Mahindra XUV700 Review-4tire_tpms.jpg

Could you please share a fresh pic with all 5 tire pressures visible on your Instrument Cluster?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
    Two ways:
    - Do nothing, just switch spare whenever you want and keep driving. As long as TPMS auto-learning is ON, the spare will be detected when it is in use.
    - Visit the MASS, ask them to enable spare tire through their iSmart Laptop. It needs manually forced relearning of TPMS which is possible only through their laptop.
  • Received 2nd Key on 16th Dec 2022, exactly in 5 months (Just to recall I received my AX7L AWD DSL AT on 18th July 2022). However, Rear Sequential Indicators are still awaited.

Bill Details: I must say this is quite a commendable price for such a big priced car. Hats off to Mahindra for this.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-10k_service_bill_details.png

I crossed the 10K mark in a jungle area between Raipur and Sambalpur on Mumbai - Kolkatta on 18th Dec 2022. Yeah!!! (Link).
(AKA Highway NH 53 AKA erstwhile NH6 AKA Asian Highway 46 (AH46) AKA Great Eastern Highway)

Mahindra XUV700 Review-10k_mark.jpeg

Unresolved Issues for which I will have to visit again:
  • 5th Tire TPMS
  • LH Side pull
  • Driver side window auto roll-up

Cheers
BendO_Rookie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 12:54   #7529

Hi Everyone,

Post #7

Here is the breakup(source):

Mahindra XUV700 Review-f362d1f374f64e6696458424b4c48651.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
Mahindra is looking at increasing its production capacity by nearly 70% to 49,000 units per month by the end of Q4FY24, from 29,000 units per month in Q2FY23. The company said that the incremental capacity will help reduce waiting periods of new launches.
Old 21st December 2022, 13:01   #7530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendO_Rookie View Post
Could you please share a fresh pic with all 5 tire pressures visible on your Instrument Cluster?
Hey - you will not see the fifth tire on that screen unless it is leaking air, having sudden change in its temperature or during manual TPMS learning exercise (if paired already). I detailed that experience in my ownership thread already.

I think you need not worry about this TPMS and tire thingie. If you have a sensor in spare, just swap the spare tire with any of the others and drive for about 2kms. You will see the swapped tire showing the new sensor values from spare. That was all that one need. Seeing fifth tire on console or app is “nice to have” or May be a stupid UX, but having paired or configured is not at all needed for using spare tire with sensor they gave you.

There is a YouTube video a gentleman did on this spare tire TPMS thing. See here -

Hope this helps.
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks