Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2022, 11:06   #5926
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Kindly help with your valuable inputs.
Looks dodgy if you ask me. If it wasn't problematic, you would have dealers across the length and breadth of the country doing similar things, right ?

If I were you, I'd book an AX5. Its waiting period is only 3 months or so.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 12:03   #5927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear fellow BHPians

I had booked my XUV700 AX7 L AT in nov 2021 and have received a delivery date of July 2023.
I am getting an opportunity to buy a new XUV 700. Few folks / agents in Punjab who have got their delivery dates are selling their vehicle at a premium.
Here is the process they are proposing:
1. I pay them a token to book the vehicle
2. A day later person on whose name vehicle is booked will accompany me to the showroom and I will have to make the payment directly to the company
3. Alternative to this is that the agent who is involved will make the payment and I wil then pay that agent
4. On the basis on provisional RC, they will give me some papers and basis which final registration will be done in my name
5. Also bank from where I am taking the car loan will make the payment to the agent/person who had make the original booking.
5. I drive back the vehicle on the same day back home.
I wanted to take your guidance on what process should I follow here? Frankly speaking I am not very sure if the process they are proposing is a fool proof process and if i will risk my money.

Kindly help with your valuable inputs.
As far as I know, Mahindra will not allow the Invoice to be generated in your name, until you fall in the specific category defined by the manufacturer, where name transfer is allowed. If the invoice is not in your name then the registration will also be done in the name of the person who has booked the vehicle. You'll end up being a second owner on paper.

It is better to talk directly with the dealer and get the things done in proper manner. The invoice that Mahindra generates in the name of the dealer also contains the name of the owner for whom the vehicle is despatched from the plant. The dealer can inform Mahindra that the customer is not willing to purchase the vehicle and they can get the car alloted to your name in the Mahindra database.

I would suggest pay the premium, if any, to the dealer and get the whole thing changed to your name. The agent has only paid 21K as booking amount.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 12:24   #5928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4. On the basis on provisional RC, they will give me some papers and basis which final registration will be done in my name
5. Also bank from where I am taking the car loan will make the payment to the agent/person who had make the original booking.
I would say, just stay away. I don't think the bank will issue loan to an agent. I am also not sure if the temp registration and permanent registration can happen in two different names unless there is a proper ownership transfer.
You can go ahead only if the dealership agrees to take care of everything.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 14:15   #5929
BHPian

Hi everyone, to all those who are curious about the manufacturer of the awd system in the XUV 700. I have found an ad in an Autocar magazine from last year:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220625_083456.jpg
Sorry for the bad picture quality, the lighting wasn't good.
yuvmudapa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 16:32   #5930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantmodi View Post
Anyone got delivery of AWD in last 1-2 months ? For me the expected delivery date was April . Dealer is telling that they have not received any AWD vehicles in last 2-3 months .
Hi,
I booked XUV700 D AX7L AWD, white on 07 Oct 2021. I was given a date of 24 July to 24 Aug. In May 2022, the date was advanced to 25 June to 10 July.
In June 2022 the date was revised to 15 July to 25 July. I vented my frustration to kharge as mention earlier in this thread. I received a reply that my car would be handed over on 10 July

Happy to announce that my car has arrived at the dealer stockyard yesterday, and praying that I should be behind the wheel by the 30th of June 2022.
Best!
ColAjayDrives is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 21:06   #5931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hi everyone, to all those who are curious about the manufacturer of the awd system in the XUV 700. I have found an ad in an Autocar magazine from last year:

Attachment 2324731
Sorry for the bad picture quality, the lighting wasn't good.
Hey, I thought the AWD system is from Borg Warner ( Same as XUV500 )
Old 25th June 2022, 21:45   #5932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Hey, I thought the AWD system is from Borg Warner ( Same as XUV500 )
BorgWarner had a JV with Divgi. Now they have got out of it so essentially it is a similar system that was available in the Xuv500.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 08:47   #5933
Senior - BHPian

Hey everyone, it's been about 3 weeks since I took delivery of my XUV7OO (2nd June).

Having done barely done 500kms feels sacrilegious, but I'm caught tightly with work commitments.

Chose the MX Diesel because it was sufficient for practical long distance highway mile munching. In any car, what I believe deserves to be placed above all else - mechanical integrity.

Only just went for a drive yesterday. The car is exciting to drive. Interiors are fairly well put together. The indipendent FSD suspension offers ride quality which is (unbelievably) just as good as my Linea! The EPS steering is tuned so really well to weigh up at higher speeds that I think the XUV7OO matches the Lineas' HPS system! And thats saying something!

The throw of the gearshift is short which is a real boon, the clutch is super-light too. I expect the slight hardness in shifting to the 1st & 2nd gear to reduce after 2-3000kms of driving.

Car was booked online in November 2021. It was made in March/April 2022 & was delivered to the local dealership (PPS Motors) by mid-April. I've no clue why the dealership sat on the car till mid-May despite my follow-ups. Had a few other hiccups during the PDI, so I sought advice from a few kind BHPians to understand the car better. Dealer wasn't forthcoming to clarify things like the high Odo reading between the PDI & Delivery, or the missing Battery Warranty card. The guy explaining the features after delivery was very innocent & barely knew the car but candidly tried his best. Ex. He didnt have any clue about the what the Auto-Start-Stop button did.

TBH crossed my fingers & took the plunge. Have anyway bought the (tad overpriced) Extended Warranty & the RSA for the 4th & 5th Year.

Have only got the feedback call from the dealer, but haven't got any call from Mahindra yet.

One minor issue I'm facing with the music system, is that while everything works with the steering mounted controls, the touch screen often doesn't work. Will get this checked in the first month's check-up viz due in a week.

A full size larger than "Compact" SUVs.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220626wa0000.jpg

The LED Tail-Lights accentuates the rear design best at night.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220626wa0001.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220626wa0002.jpg

The sharp design is well proportioned & the exclusivity makes it a head-turner for sure.

Many many thanks to amazing BHPians CrazyForDriving, RavenAvi, ParagSachania, Roshun Povaiah & most of all Ram87Pune for being available even for untimely calls with their experienced advice & expertise ! So really glad to be part of forums like TeamBHP that have such purists & kind hearted people as members at it's core.

Cheerio! Will keep this thread updated as I get time to drive around and add a few standard basic accessories.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th June 2022 at 10:16. Reason: edited
GrammarNazi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 10:15   #5934

Hi folks,
I completed Indore to Gurgaon in my XUV700 AX7L DSL Manual. This was my first long trip with this car, before the journey I got my first service done and updated the software.

Now coming to journey- I started from Indore at 4.06 AM and reached Gurgaon at 3.30 PM with 2 short toilet breaks and 1 lunch break. I must say car is breeze to drive, what a car! Kiddos Mahindra!

The sheer power is tremendous and what a great highway cruiser, I maintained 110-115 for long stretches and used Zoom mode. FE i got from trip is 13.9 (given i drove hard). Steering perfect for highways and you are never short on power. Along the way I crossed the audis and the bmws with ease, most of the time engine was running at 2000-2500 rpm in 6th gear. Car was fully loaded and I have observed that car runs better fully laden with all 3 rows occupied. It may not be a great off-roader but it is an superb long distance highway cruiser, better than innova imo (if 3rd row is occupied by children, in my case it was my dog). Again reiterating the confidence car gives at 3 digit speeds is just too good of a feeling to have. One thing to mention - car was doing 115-120 regularly but noone even my parents said that slow down or we’re feeling unsafe. Salute to indian roads also! Brakes also have a good bite, coming from maruti I noticed clutch travel is a bit long and gear travel as well.

One can easily travel 1000-1200 kms a day without getting tired (more if you have an automatic) in this car.

AC was super awesome at auto mode and noone said anything about temperature along the whole journey.

The only thing I’d say missing is good sunblinds, even the official Mahindra sunblinds are not rollover sunblinds. Has anyone installed it? Also I still faced some jarring sound from music system when connecting iphone through Bluetooth.

Posting a screenshot of trip summary! Also since I have shifted to Gurgaon, is there any what’s app or telegram group for ncr xuv700 customers?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-c18e1eedfc0f4e54b037def0aa60dd26.jpeg  

prakhar30 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 10:49   #5935
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you are excited with your machine . Wish you many more safe miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar30 View Post
Along the way I crossed the audis and the bmws with ease..
Didn't quite get this. Guess you simply meant to say you overtook some slow moving Audis and BMW's and not anything else.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 21:38   #5936
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone installed this roof carrier. I found this in one of the Facebook forums, where the gentleman had installed it on his AX7. He stated that its easily removable and works perfectly with the skyroof

Given its easily removable I wanna explore this in Mumbai

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036914250.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036952635.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036867068.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036858098.jpg
niteshsharmab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 23:50   #5937

One of the SA here at Sirish Auto Bangalore advised me against the roof carrier for my AX7. He also mentioned that Mahindra is no longer promoting it for the 7OO sunroof variants due to rigidity concerns. Even I was very keen on it, as I had it in my Ertiga and it was very useful during long journeys, with 7 on board.
Vik7OO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 06:56   #5938
BHPian

Hello World,

After months of patiently waiting and following up, Looking forward to getting the delivery of my XUV700 AX7 L P AT Black in the next few days. Super excited.

Also, very happy with the timing of my account's approval in this forum (thank you mods!).

Had a couple of questions:

1. Are there any owners group on WA/TG/Discord?

2. Any good places for getting ceramic coating done here in Bangalore (On a side note, is it actually worth getting one done)?

3. During the PDI, The AC wasn't cooling properly but I thought the engine wasn't running long enough for it to cool the cabin or feel the difference. Now I'm concerned, anyone facing AC issues? I'll probably re-check during delivery once but not sure if anything can be done now.

4. Any good accessories stores in Bangalore (quality > price)?

5. I'm thinking to get the side foot step, mud flaps, screen protector, mats, and illuminated scuff plate installed from the dealer assuming the quality would be better than aftermarket -- anyone who has seen company vs aftermarket accessories can comment on the quality difference/experience?

Thanks for the insightful posts fellow members make in this forum. They've helped me during the PDI, during the payment negotiations, and overall purchase experience.
Old 27th June 2022, 08:02   #5939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Hello World,

After months of patiently waiting and following up, Looking forward to getting the delivery of my XUV700 AX7 L P AT Black in the next few days. Super excited.

Also, very happy with the timing of my account's approval in this forum (thank you mods!).

Had a couple of questions:

1. Are there any owners group on WA/TG/Discord?

2. Any good places for getting ceramic coating done here in Bangalore (On a side note, is it actually worth getting one done)?

3. During the PDI, The AC wasn't cooling properly but I thought the engine wasn't running long enough for it to cool the cabin or feel the difference. Now I'm concerned, anyone facing AC issues? I'll probably re-check during delivery once but not sure if anything can be done now.

4. Any good accessories stores in Bangalore (quality > price)?

5. I'm thinking to get the side foot step, mud flaps, screen protector, mats, and illuminated scuff plate installed from the dealer assuming the quality would be better than aftermarket -- anyone who has seen company vs aftermarket accessories can comment on the quality difference/experience?

Thanks for the insightful posts fellow members make in this forum. They've helped me during the PDI, during the payment negotiations, and overall purchase experience.
Congratulations! I've booked the exact same model and eagerly awaiting. When did you book yours and from where? My two cents on your query no. 2:
Whether ceramic coating is required is a question you can answer by considering a few factors such as do you have a covered parking, is your usage primarily on urban roads, is your car colour dark, what type of cloth is used for regular cleaning, etc. Technically, it is just an added layer on your existing paint and a very thin layer at that. As i understand, it is a protection against paint fading due excessive sunlight, etc. with very minimal protection against scratches. But it does add a certain gloss to the car! You can also do a cost analysis of ceramic coating vs cost of repainting the car in a few years.

I have a dark grey Duster that is 6 years old without any ceramic protection. I live in an apartment so it's a well protected parking and my duster still shines like a new penny if i get a good professional wash done every now and then!
Old 27th June 2022, 09:31   #5940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Hello World,

Congratulations Smartomotive! Exact same variant that I have also booked.

My running is low (less than 10k km a year) and hence went for Petrol. Though having doubts given the FE but the Petrol suits my use case better.

Which dealer have you booked from and on what date? Also what was the CPD?

Regarding Ceramic coating, if you have a covered car park, then my 2 cents are that a good wax polish every few months and/or detailing done every few months should suffice. You can save the ceramic coating money to make up for the low FE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks