Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 15:17   #466
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
I am unable to understand this. Testing is ok but why this camouflage now when it has been launched, shown to world? Still contemplating some design changes?
This is quite normal. There must be atleast 150 odd cars that were camouflaged before the car was revealed. It doesn't make sense to bring these back and make them look normal. Additionally, the camouflage keeps the interest of the general public high and also gives the exclusivity to the early owners.
RoadSurfer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 16:43   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Seems like AX5 will too miss out on cruise control. No switches could be located on right side of steering wheel and the steering wheel looks similar to AX3's from the official teaser video.
I was told that there would be no regular cruise control in XUV 700... there is only adaptive cruise control, which would exclusively be available in AX7 model only. AX5 model definitely needs the regular cruise control, which would make it a fantastic package along with curtain airbags, skyroof, alloy wheels, LED headlamps, cornering lamps and sequential turn indicators that you get over and above the AX3 model. But for just 1 lac premium over AX3, may be it is too much of an ask!!!
MukundanMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:18   #468
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
I was told that there would be no regular cruise control in XUV 700... there is only adaptive cruise control, which would exclusively be available in AX7 model only.
Don't think this possible. In that case will the manual models have no Cruise control? Not even the top end AX7? That's blasphemy which Mahindra will definitely avoid.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:26   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Don't think this possible. In that case will the manual models have no Cruise control? Not even the top end AX7? That's blasphemy which Mahindra will definitely avoid.
Sounded strange and a bit harsh to me as well. We might not have Manual variant in AX7 as the technology in AX7 would be supported in AT mode only. I seriously hope that AX5 variant gets cruise control, which would definitely would make it a hit and most sought after model.
Old 26th August 2021, 18:26   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Sunroofs hardly affect structural integrity at least for frontal impact. Structural members and load paths mainly comprise the lowermost parts of the vehicle body behind the bumper (longitudinal members ]=]* typically called the 'crumple zone') which in turn attach to higher strength (typically hot press-formed) frame rails below the door ]=]*, the door pillar, and the windscreen pillar along the sides of the roof. The sunroof is placed centrally on the roof and would hence have little to no role in frontal impact and I highly doubt it would play a role in side impacts with small cars either. I am not too sure about pole tests though some other cars in Europe which have sunroofs have passed them comfortably.
I have been studying the videos showing the panaromic sunroof. In the Vikatan video discussing the structure(the BIW shownis possibly the MX or AX3 variant) one can see the yellow elements in the roof closing the paths of the ring structures at the A, B and C pillar planes. These elements, at the B & C pillars, are not visible in the panaromic roof version. In such a case the only way to compensate is to create a horizontal ring section around the periphery of the glass. Once the vehicles come into the showrooms i will specifically check for presence of such reinforcements.
Ideally I would prefer the AX3 with a safety option pack consisting of 5 additional airbags, ESP etc etc and ADAS. And a bling add on of the Sony system.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 18:55   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Sounded strange and a bit harsh to me as well. We might not have Manual variant in AX7 as the technology in AX7 would be supported in AT mode only. I seriously hope that AX5 variant gets cruise control, which would definitely would make it a hit and most sought after model.
I thought all AT variants should get cruise control (at least regular), but if Mahindra is planning only adaptive cruise control and too in AX7 variant, then it will be a big miss as AX5 will be a loaded variant and IMHO will sell more. Even I am curious about AX5 and all the equipment that it will receive.
Are you sure about this from your source ?
Carz77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 19:38   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Hey MukundanMK. We indeed have a Manual Transmission variant in the AX7 line up. Just saw few reviews of it on various channels on YouTube. The car being mentioned here was AX7T and it came with almost all the ADAS features, except AEB, the pilot assist and the Traffic assist feature in the Adaptive Cruise Control. It also lacked the electronically deployed door handles. So we do have a Manual variant of AX7, and T is most probably the option pack tailored for it. Posting a YouTube video for reference:

Another thing that I noticed while watching the AX3 variant video was something called the "One hour Mode". Attaching a screenshot for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210826192604_youtube.jpg  

Moto_Bear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 19:50   #473
Senior - BHPian

When igntion is switched off, and you're running the music player, it enters the 'One Hour Mode'. Switches off by itself in an hour to preserve battery life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
Another thing that I noticed while watching the AX3 variant video was something called the "One hour Mode". Attaching a screenshot for reference.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 19:54   #474
BHPian

Quote:
I was told that there would be no regular cruise control in XUV 700... there is only adaptive cruise control, which would exclusively be available in AX7 model only. AX5 model definitely needs the regular cruise control, which would make it a fantastic package along with curtain airbags, skyroof, alloy wheels, LED headlamps, cornering lamps and sequential turn indicators that you get over and above the AX3 model. But for just 1 lac premium over AX3, may be it is too much of an ask!!!
The 1 lakh difference will be for introductory prices and I believe in future we might see a increase in price gap between these two variants. But yes for 1 lakh more kits are offered in XUV7OO. In case of Harrier there is a difference of 80k between XT and XT+ for sunroof alone.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 19:56   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
I thought all AT variants should get cruise control (at least regular), but if Mahindra is planning only adaptive cruise control and too in AX7 variant, then it will be a big miss as AX5 will be a loaded variant and IMHO will sell more. Even I am curious about AX5 and all the equipment that it will receive.
In one of the YouTube reviews of AX7 manual, I saw cruise control buttons on the steering. But I doubt if its a Adaptive system, as per my understanding only automatics get the adaptive cruise.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 20:56   #476
BHPian

Motor Vikatan has uploaded a video with a Mahindra engineer explaining the crash safety of the XUV7OO. Attaching a link:https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-engi...-safety-video/
aravindb_0711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:14   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
As per what I understood from my source, there will be no Cruise Control in AX5. He had mentioned that as one of the missing factor in AX5, as I was initially very inclined towards AX5 but he has asked me to go for the AX7 variant considering the safety features on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
Hey MukundanMK. We indeed have a Manual Transmission variant in the AX7 line up. Just saw few reviews of it on various channels on YouTube. The car being mentioned here was AX7T and it came with almost all the ADAS features, except AEB, the pilot assist and the Traffic assist feature in the Adaptive Cruise Control. It also lacked the electronically deployed door handles. So we do have a Manual variant of AX7, and T is most probably the option pack tailored for it. Posting a YouTube video for reference:
My bad, I didn't watch any of the Manual reviews as I was interested only in AT variants. Looks like Manual will have a lot of missing features, when compared to AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
The 1 lakh difference will be for introductory prices and I believe in future we might see a increase in price gap between these two variants. But yes for 1 lakh more kits are offered in XUV7OO. In case of Harrier there is a difference of 80k between XT and XT+ for sunroof alone.
Not just AX5, all variants would see a price hike for sure in 2022 and I am not sure if M&M will have a hike protection policy for the people who had booked and waiting for delivery. May be those who are waiting for Thar delivery can confirm on this and the same policy would be applicable for XUV 700 as well. But yes, AX5 is a value for money variant and I would advice anyone aspiring for AX3 to stretch a bit and go for AX5 variant, unless you are a sunroof hater. I remember reading somewhere that Audi charges almost 6 lakhs for panoramic sunroof as an Optional accessory So 80K charged by Tata seems to be justifiable from that perspective. But M&M have thrown a price surprise from this angle as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
In one of the YouTube reviews of AX7 manual, I saw cruise control buttons on the steering. But I doubt if its a Adaptive system, as per my understanding only automatics get the adaptive cruise.
Could be possible... if manual variants get a regular cruise control, I don't see a reason as to why AX5 variant shouldn't get one. Least, the AX5 AT variant at least should get cruise control as the premium for AT would be 1-1.5 lakhs over the manual variant.
MukundanMK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 00:40   #478
BHPian

Quote:
As per what I understood from my source, there will be no Cruise Control in AX5. He had mentioned that as one of the missing factor in AX5, as I was initially very inclined towards AX5 but he has asked me to go for the AX7 variant considering the safety features on offer.
...Least, the AX5 AT variant at least should get cruise control as the premium for AT would be 1-1.5 lakhs over the manual variant.
I am interested in the AX5 (AT) Petrol model as that seems to be the right balance to have. Would maybe opt for a few additional features like the Sony music setup. Really hoping atleast the AX5 (AT) gets the Cruise Control. Would be a real travesty otherwise. Waiting for an official announcement on the official pricing though. Heart says AX7, mind says AX5. Final decision will depend on the price alone.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 05:11   #479
BHPian

Would like to share a minor observation here.

On watching this closely at 13:23 minute mark, I noticed the bonnet, headlights and the grille shaking quite vigorously as the car is moving over a bad patch of track.

Is this a fit-finish related issue or have they gone overboard with these kind of materials for weight savings (like the plastic hatch) ?

(Would suggest watching this on a large screen - laptop or TV, might not be that noticeable on smartphone)
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 06:56   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
Would like to share a minor observation here.

https://Youtu.be/brm2FjHFBqo

On watching this closely at 13:23 minute mark, I noticed the bonnet, headlights and the grille shaking quite vigorously as the car is moving over a bad patch of track.

Is this a fit-finish related issue or have they gone overboard with these kind of materials for weight savings (like the plastic hatch) ?

(Would suggest watching this on a large screen - laptop or TV, might not be that noticeable on smartphone)
You can see that the shell is planted, and only the suspension is bouncing. This means that the vehicle is travelling over those rumblers at a considerable speed. One will be surprised to see the things that twist and warp when shot in slow motion. I wouldn't worry much about this.
ruskinash is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed