Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 21:49   #4771
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Congrats on you purchase. Wishing you happy miles. Btw, when you say first service, is it the first service at 1000 km or the service at 10,000 km. The first service is completely free, as there's nothing to be changed. Perhaps just a software update. Or was this Rs.235 part of the OVRM paintwork ?
Thank you. The first service was done at 1000 Kms and they charged Rs 235 for consumables (washer solution, paper mat, seat cover protective kit, etc), . Took this up with the customer care and subsequently the service folks called and tried to convince me that this is told to me before itself which was not the case. First service is just checking the lubricant levels, software update and wash (In my case i am not sure if they washed the vehicle as I did not feel any difference). Still felt Mahindra was better than Maruti. Martuti service centers charges close to Rs 1000 for consumables only during the 1st service.
Old 23rd February 2022, 22:08   #4772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I had the car in my cart way before the booking date. On 7th I could not book the car due to the web portal fiasco. Finally managed to get it booked by the dealer on 08th with an assurance that the booking would be within the first 25K bookings and I would also be eligible for price protection.

Got the delivery of the vehicle on 29th December.

Which dealer in Mumbai have you booked with?
I see. Unfortunately for me, my booking is a part of the latter 25k batch, with price protection applicable for the 8th of Oct. I've booked with NBS Andheri.
Old 24th February 2022, 09:29   #4773
BHPian

Finally after booking on the launch day (7th Oct), happy to share that I am getting my XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel AT AWD today!! Quite excited for today and shall share some details soon!
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 09:55   #4774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Finally after booking on the launch day (7th Oct), happy to share that I am getting my XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel AT AWD today!! Quite excited for today and shall share some details soon!
Congrats in advance Which dealer did you book through? Please share the insurance as well as accessories details. Awaiting the delivery experience and a detailed review
Old 24th February 2022, 10:51   #4775
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulation !!!! Happy for you !!
Please share the vehicle review, especially about the AWD.

I too have booked the same on 27th Oct and it's loooooong wait till sometime in 2023!!!
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 11:53   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Congrats in advance Which dealer did you book through? Please share the insurance as well as accessories details. Awaiting the delivery experience and a detailed review
With Anant Cars Bannerghatta road. Had a wonderful experience dealing with them. Very professional and transparent through the booking , tracking and delivery process. I must stay Mahindra has turned a leaf with XUV700 both in product and customer experience! Hope they continue to be customer centric.

For insurance, get a quote from outside and they are most likely to meet that number. No hassles at all. Got few accessories installed, shall detail them in my post after my delivery and initial ride experience
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 12:59   #4777

Quote:
With Anant Cars Bannerghatta road.
Congratulations bud! Best wishes for the new ride. What was the original date of delivery? Mine is May and feeling quite despondent seeing other deliveries. Not too many AWDs in Chennai
Old 24th February 2022, 13:09   #4778
BHPian

Quote:
With Anant Cars Bannerghatta road. Had a wonderful experience dealing with them. Very professional and transparent through the booking , tracking and delivery process. I must stay Mahindra has turned a leaf with XUV700 both in product and customer experience! Hope they continue to be customer centric.

For insurance, get a quote from outside and they are most likely to meet that number. No hassles at all. Got few accessories installed, shall detail them in my post after my delivery and initial ride experience
I too have my booking with them only. But my experience has not been that good. Unprofessional to say the least.Now I am left to deal with the manager at anant cars Mysore road.
Old 24th February 2022, 15:52   #4779
BHPian

Quote:
100% sure. Have not paid anything for the RSA.
So after your message I called my sales executive back yesterday afternoon and he said he needed some time to check my account ledger. And he sent a statement back stating that I had paid excess of Rs 3000.

So i decided to drop into the showroom to ask as to why I wasn’t notified earlier as their Accounts Department does not permit any registration or delivery process to start until all monies are paid up, but when there is a refund, they remain silent!

Nevertheless I asked him why was I charged Rs 3020 for the RSA in the order form when it is part of the standard warranty. But he said that it was towards 4th & 5th year as I had opted for extended warranty. But the RSA did not get processed. So giving him the benefit of the doubt of no intentional malice and awaiting refund.
Thanks to you!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 19:04   #4780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Thanks to you!
Great that you confronted the dealership. Many customers would have trusted the sales executive / dealership and would have got conned by them. To some extent I feel M&M is also at fault by not maintaining transparency and being vigilant on such practices by their dealerships.

As a part of service call, M&M must ask if the customer was made to pay any such extra amount in the name of Dealer warranty, RSA, Incidental charges, Mandatory accessories etc. Any such instance and M&M must pull up the dealership guys.

I have seen TataSky (TataPlay) following a practice where you are not required to pay in cash for any technician visit. If you are to be charged, they deduct the money from your balance or charge it to your bill. Also, they have a practice where you get a call and they categorically ask if any cash was collected by the technician. Such vigilant check would act as a deterrent towards such practices.

By the way which dealership is this?

Happy that I could be of a help to you

Last edited by bill1182 : 24th February 2022 at 19:08.
Old 24th February 2022, 22:02   #4781
BHPian

Quote:
Great that you confronted the dealership. Many customers would have trusted the sales executive / dealership and would have got conned by them. To some extent I feel M&M is also at fault by not maintaining transparency and being vigilant on such practices by their dealerships.

By the way which dealership is this?

Happy that I could be of a help to you
Completely agree here!
It was NBS Andheri. They had accommodated my request to delay delivery for me to arrange my finances, but on the other hand did not give an inch to start registration process in spite of paying then ex-showroom cost. They wanted 100% upfront money before they registered. But again on the other hand did not force me to take their exhorbitant insurance or accessory package.

So its been a mixed bag! Just wish there were was more transparency.

Cheers!
Old 24th February 2022, 22:37   #4782
BHPian

Hello Folks and users of XUV700. I am contemplating for XUV700. Please can someone comment on the ride quality over long term usage.

Some reviews do say that low speed ride quality is on the firmer side. Is that correct? Does it make the passengers uncomfortable?

My priority for any new car I buy is comfortable ride quality.. Sadly no car in this price range and even above is able to offer that. Say i got spoiled due to Hexa experience for a limited time.
Old 25th February 2022, 00:20   #4783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_to_be View Post
My priority for any new car I buy is comfortable ride quality.. Sadly no car in this price range and even above is able to offer that. Say i got spoiled due to Hexa experience for a limited time.
For ride quality, look at the Hector. Excellent at city speeds. Owners are also happy with it's mile crunching ability. A few test drive reports from the segment at this link. It also talks about the low speed ride in the XUV700 section.

Ride:
At city speeds: Hector
At highway speeds: Harrier, XUV700, Hector would be different, yet comparable, I supoose. Control and handling is a different matter though.

Last edited by Poitive : 25th February 2022 at 00:31. Reason: Typo
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 01:27   #4784
BHPian

Since the last 1 week, I see a big batch of XUV700 ready in Mahindra stockyard. The good news here is that the lot has quite a few AX5 variants. Customers waiting since long will get the good news around delivery very soon.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 07:38   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_to_be View Post

Some reviews do say that low speed ride quality is on the firmer side. Is that correct? Does it make the passengers uncomfortable?
Yes, the low speed ride is a bit firm, where the XUV shines is in the high speed ride. But, passengers are comfortable until a big pothole or rut, which makes its presence felt. Safari's ride quality is better, can't comment on hector as I haven't been in it.
quantobigboot is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks