Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 19:37   #4216
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_7 View Post
Wow, that is 26 months from now! Who would wait till then tbh.
It is 14 months or do I need to get my eyes (& maybe, my mind) checked?
Old 14th January 2022, 19:39   #4217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Oh gosh I think I need to do that! I am sorry, thought this was 2021.
Old 14th January 2022, 19:49   #4218

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Hello Fellow Bhpians,

Need some expert guidance from the fellow mates on the dilemma I am facing.

Can you please advise me on what should I do and if I go for XUV500 what should be the right price to pay for it ?

First of all, comparing a XUV500 with a XUV700 directly for price difference isn't the right comparison in my opinion. XUV700 is a much improved car in several ways, right from looks, premium feel, safety, ADAS and several other bells and whistles.

Purely financially, buying a used car more often than not is a better decision if you are not bothered about the status bit generally associated with cars. I say 'more often than not' because of the risk of some large issue that an old car may have had which the seller is less than likely to inform you. Imagine a complete DSG gearbox failure for example like I faced in one of my cars. (The ASS quote to repair this was around 5.5 lakhs recently in a car with ex-showroom price of around 10 lakhs about 5-6 years back.

Also, like someone pointed out, look at the XUV500 ex-showroom price to strip out insurance cost, road tax for period used up already, gadgets and enhancements that may not have been available in older car etc and apply discount for risk of the unknown, and that is where you should be pricing this purchase. 28% looks low to me that way.

The fact that you were actually considering buying XUV700 means you can afford the same. In that case, if you do not get further discount in XUV500 but you want to reduce the cost, going for XUV700 without the luxury pack and AWD will bring down the cost reasonably while dramatically increasing the reliability which only comes with a new car. Anyways you don't seem to be really into off-roading and extra AWD may probably add to risk of extra expenditures which are more irritating if you aren't even using the same.
piy12b is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 19:53   #4219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Thank God. Especially with the follow up message on the same by yuvmudapa, I seriously started wondering where is my calculation going wrong..
Old 14th January 2022, 20:30   #4220
BHPian

Union Minister Nitin Gadkari approves draft notification to make 6 airbags compulsory in private vehicles. Today's news.

Does it mean all lower variants of XUV700 must be delivered with 6 air bags going forward from a specific date? Will Mahindra stick to price assurance for 7th Oct bookings with future deliveries?
Old 15th January 2022, 00:12   #4221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piy12b View Post

The fact that you were actually considering buying XUV700 means you can afford the same. In that case, if you do not get further discount in XUV500 but you want to reduce the cost, going for XUV700 without the luxury pack and AWD will bring down the cost reasonably while dramatically increasing the reliability which only comes with a new car. Anyways you don't seem to be really into off-roading and extra AWD may probably add to risk of extra expenditures which are more irritating if you aren't even using the same.
piy12b,
What a wonderful and smart thought.
Just buy an equivalently specced XUV7OO against a used XUV5OO at 18-20 lakh budget.

Since, he is ready to forego ADAS which used XUV5OO didn't have anyways. Forego AWD and move to AX5 or AX7 as desired and appropriate as per budget.

You get a better built, better riding, better driving, and much safer new age vehicle that should be "the last of the Mohicans."

Last edited by fazalmirza : 15th January 2022 at 00:19.
fazalmirza is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 00:57   #4222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podilam View Post
Does it mean all lower variants of XUV700 must be delivered with 6 air bags going forward from a specific date? Will Mahindra stick to price assurance for 7th Oct bookings with future deliveries?
It is still a draft version as of now, so no impact immediately.
https://www.deccanherald.com/nationa...i-1071142.html

All Oct bookings would not be pending by the time of final approval.
If approved, of course, all variants should come with 6 Airbags.

I'm not sure why our statutory body should go to the level of specifying no of Airbags etc. Instead, they should look for wider crash test deployment.
Old 15th January 2022, 05:12   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
It is still a draft version as of now, so no impact immediately.
https://www.deccanherald.com/nationa...i-1071142.html

All Oct bookings would not be pending by the time of final approval.
If approved, of course, all variants should come with 6 Airbags.

I'm not sure why our statutory body should go to the level of specifying no of Airbags etc. Instead, they should look for wider crash test deployment.
I have observed it takes 6 months around a draft GSR moves from public review to final state. I am assuming by July 2022 time frame this will come in to enforcement. My guess is more than 30% Oct booked vehicles would be pending by that time! Am not sure this is applicable to vehicle manufacturing date or registration date!

Agree, statutory body should mandate (GNCAP or India Specific NCAP) crash test report is mandatory for any passenger vehicles.
Old 15th January 2022, 06:51   #4224

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I would like to share my experience driving my AX7 Petrol AT for around 1000KM now. Drive was a mix of extremely bad rural roads of Bangalore, decent highways till Wayanad, narrow roads of Wayanad and ghat roads of the Nilgiris.

I also got graphene coating done from Rapid Carz Spa Sarjapur road after the first service. Excellent work! They took care of all minor scratches, swirl marks that existed right from delivery and couple of tar spots; and made the car sparkle! Excellent interior cleaning too. A few of photos below.

Attachment 2259473

Attachment 2259475

Attachment 2259474

Nice write up, it was good reading I wish the curfew situation will ease up in Bangalore for me to take my car out as well. Only have weekends free and with the weekend curfew that's ruled out.

Can I please check what a graphene coating is? How's it different to a Ceramic coating?
Old 15th January 2022, 10:16   #4225
BHPian

Quote:
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari approves draft notification to make 6 airbags compulsory in private vehicles. Today's news.

That is only applicable for vehicles capable of carrying 8 people.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220115101555.jpg
Old 15th January 2022, 10:22   #4226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
That is only applicable for vehicles capable of carrying 8 people.
Attachment 2260495
It says 'up to 8 people', which means all passenger vehicles.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 10:28   #4227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It says 'up to 8 people', which means all passenger vehicles.
Oh yes, sorry. Missed that part.
Old 15th January 2022, 11:02   #4228

Quote:
I have observed it takes 6 months around a draft GSR moves from public review to final state. I am assuming by July 2022 time frame this will come in to enforcement.
All such laws, even when they get approved, give sufficient lead time to the industry to make sufficient arrangements. In this case, sufficient lead time to manufacturers to place orders for more airbags, and for those OEMs to arrange manufacturing and raw materials to cater to the heavy demand surge will have to be given. I expect at least 18-24 months before the order becomes applicable even from signing date. And industry will surely lobby to withdraw / dilute this order now.
Old 15th January 2022, 11:59   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranji View Post
Can I please check what a graphene coating is? How's it different to a Ceramic coating?
Graphene, unlike ceramic, is expected to provide scratch resistance and reduce water spotting. It is supposed to be more durable too.

Last edited by impala : 15th January 2022 at 12:00.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 17:06   #4230

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians

A few queries - would appreciate your inputs.

1. Specific to fuel. Am planning to go for petrol [AX7 AT L] since my running would be low (8K km/ year) and I don't want to get into any diesel related DEF issues as well. Is this a wise decision?

2. Specific to Bangalore. Could you provide inputs for which dealer provides the best experience - both sales and A.S.S.?
I am located in HSR but don't mind any dealership in Bangalore Urban generally as long as the experience is positive and dealings are clean.

3. Probability of getting the car by Diwali 2022 if I book in February?
1. A few posters have already shared their inputs on petrol vs diesel so wouldn't add more to that line of thought. However, want to share what the SA in Mahindra showroom had told me when I went for my XUV700 test drive. Basically that Mahindra is known for its diesel engines and petrol is a new foray for them. While this was obvious, it still stayed with me to the point that I changed my plan and went in for a Diesel engine, from my original wish for Petrol. Honestly, diesel made more sense for me since my usage per annum will easily be northwards of 25000 kms. I was thinking of petrol from the thought that the Govt. may in future make diesel ownership less lucrative with policy changes (my own assumptions)

2. I can share my experience with India Garage in Whitefield. I went to the showroom for the testdrive and booked my Dazzling Silver AX7 Diesel MT L (on 4th Dec '21). A WhatsApp group was created 2.5 weeks after booking, called "We care for <customer name>", that shared the contact details of the Sales team and escalation matrix. etc. The onus to get any further info has been with me, though I have got info on price escalation and accessories list from the SA through WhatsApp, including updates like option to purchase an immediate delivery Red AX5 Petrol. So in a nutshell, the overall experience has been satisfactory - partly because I have not really followed up for any additional support or info from them

3. I think its next to impossible (and I hope I am wrong on this for your sake). My delivery is tentatively targeted for Jul-Aug 2023 (my booking was 4th Dec '21). On a lighter note, when I first saw the schedule, I mistook 2023 for 2022 and felt pretty excited with the mistaken timeline... till I saw again
Ajay_BLR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks