Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 14:32   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Noticed in multiple reviews that the roof, especially on the driver side is significantly lower in the models with sunroof.
It appears that there is very less headroom for the driver due to the lower roof.

If would have been good if the non-sunroof version was offered in all variants too so that there is decent headroom available for the driver.
Old 24th November 2021, 14:56   #3242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortons15 View Post
Even at idle, there was a slight thrum and slight vibrations.
This is quite opposite to the impression I got from two test drives. I had windows closed; and I had to look at the tachometer to see if the engine is running. I do not remember hearing unusually loud engine sound while driving too. But I currently drive a CVT with a lot of engine noise while accelerating .
Old 24th November 2021, 16:52   #3243
RVR
BHPian

For all those of you referring to OTF number to check whether you are ahead of the queue, I just bumped across my old booking file of 2017 for XUV500 only to realize that the OTF number was the same sans year. Not sure if this is just a co-incidence or the OTF number is actually a dealer code in Mahindra system.
I'm referring to my booking with Sireesh Auto, Bangalore here.
XUV500 booking number: OTF18K000624
XUV700 booking number: OTF22K000624
Any comments?
RVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 17:08   #3244

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
For all those of you referring to OTF number to check whether you are ahead of the queue, I just bumped across my old booking file of 2017 for XUV500 only to realize that the OTF number was the same sans year. Not sure if this is just a co-incidence or the OTF number is actually a dealer code in Mahindra system.
I'm referring to my booking with Sireesh Auto, Bangalore here.
XUV500 booking number: OTF18K000624
XUV700 booking number: OTF22K000624
Any comments?
It is mere coincidence, I also have a booking for AX7 D MT with Sireesh Auto, Bangalore and my booking number looks like OTF22C00xxx. So you can safely assume 624 is not the dealer code.
Waiting for tomorrow 25-Nov when mahindra has committed to share the estimated delivery timelines, considering updates from other members about already announced dates being pushed by 3 - 5weeks we shall hope deliveries after feb-2022 though booking on 7-Oct.
Old 24th November 2021, 17:46   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
I test drove the XUV 7OO Petrol Automatic AX-5 variant yesterday and found the engine noise to be a bit on the higher side. It's much better than the diesel for sure but not satisfactory. I could hear it at almost all times. Even at idle, there was a slight thrum and slight vibrations. The ride quality was very good though.

Is mine an isolated instance? Can anyone shed input on
No, I felt the same as well. I took a test drive and came back unimpressed.
NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 18:47   #3246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
This is quite opposite to the impression I got from two test drives.
I am getting similar opinions from my circle of friends. So, I'm assuming the NVH is better than say something like the City (old) or Magnite CVT but not as good as the Hector and new Creta petrols. A bunch of us had gone to do a test drive. If only they had used more sound deadening materials? Would this be fixable aftermarket? I would be upgrading the speakers any way.

The search continues. Sigh
Old 24th November 2021, 19:08   #3247
BHPian

Quote:
. If only they had used more sound deadening materials? Would this be fixable aftermarket? I would be upgrading the speakers any way.

The search continues. Sigh
Yes. Very much. You need to put damping sheets on all the doors and that itself will give you huge benefit. There is a separate thread on damping and audio upgrade in team bhp.

I got it done on my Thar and it made a huge difference.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 19:12   #3248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I test drove the XUV 7OO Petrol Automatic AX-5 variant yesterday and found the engine noise to be a bit on the higher side.
Wonder if anything was wrong with the particular car or is the sound insulation different in AX-5/3? When I did a short test drive of the AX7 petrol I found to be super silent inside the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
I am curious to know what is your benchmark. I found even the diesel AT to be so refined in terms of NVH that my earlier apprehension about switching to a diesel (after being a petrol guy for 20+ years) has gone. I hate coarse engine noise and the vibrations. But I am yet to take longer test drives to feel the NVH levels (along with other parameters) at higher engine revs.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 19:34   #3249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
This is extremely impressive considering many owners were reporting 10+ kmpl in-city driving from their petrol XUV7OOs and, I personally didn't/couldn't believe it.
I'm getting 10+ in my petrol AT with 150+ kms of mostly city driving. Have not tried tankfull to tankfull though. But if this keeps up, I will be satisfied
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211123_162407.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2021 at 21:09. Reason: typo edited
nasir88 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 19:41   #3250
BHPian

Quote:
I test drove the XUV 7OO Petrol Automatic AX-5 variant yesterday and found the engine noise to be a bit on the higher side. It's much better than the diesel for sure but not satisfactory. I could hear it at almost all times. Even at idle, there was a slight thrum and slight vibrations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Wonder if anything was wrong with the particular car or is the sound insulation different in AX-5/3? When I did a short test drive of the AX7 petrol I found to be super silent inside the cabin.

I am curious to know what is your benchmark. I found even the diesel AT to be so refined in terms of NVH
My 2 cents, not specific to Petrol but related to XUV700 Diesel AT.
I took the 1st test drive (short one) during 1st week of Oct and the XUV felt super smooth and silent for a Diesel AT, I was very impressed.
I had asked for a detailed test drive and that happened during 1st week of Nov where the Sales consultant had come. I couldn't hit any highway but it was a long drive and ride was good. However, I did notice that engine was noisy and could hear it even with windows rolled up. I mentioned that and the SC said that it is due for service and been for test drive continuously by various customers and hence the NVH levels are higher. Not sure if this because of service due or this is how it will age if driven aggressively.
I had booked the car on 7/Oct and still waiting to hear delivery dates.
Carz77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 20:00   #3251
BHPian

Quote:

I am curious to know what is your benchmark. I found even the diesel AT to be so refined in terms of NVH that my earlier apprehension about switching to a diesel (after being a petrol guy for 20+ years) has gone. I hate coarse engine noise and the vibrations. But I am yet to take longer test drives to feel the NVH levels (along with other parameters) at higher engine revs.
This is really valid point, earlier i was little worried about NVH levels but after using skoda rapid TDI, every other car feels like EV :-).
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 20:45   #3252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I am looking for a petrol car to replace my 9 yr old Figo TDCi.
Seriously bro? Safari's NVH are higher than the XUV700 petrol? - Comparing a diesel with petrol and claiming that the NVH's level of Safari is poor compared to XUV700? Is this really an apple to apple comparison.

Any day, anywhere in the world, any car, any brand and of course even scientifically as well - the diesels WILL HAVE LOW NVH compared to petrols.
Old 24th November 2021, 22:16   #3253
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, my bad. Forgot to mention that I took a test drive of the diesel variants (both AT and MT). The very next day, I took a TD of Safari AT and I would say the NVH and AT response was noticeably better in the Safari.
NotanF1driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 22:38   #3254

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My guess is that they will deliver the initial lot of bookings made for MX - which appears to be about 5% of overall bookings. So if M&M indeed got 50K bookings in two days, and assuming a cancellation rate of 20%, they would have about 2000 MX variant cars to supply. They will surely do this, otherwise the negative publicity could be an unnecessary nuisance for M&M that they would want to avoid.

I am thinking they will drag out the delivery of these 2000 units over 1 year or so, by shipping only around 150 vehicles a month. This will cause further cancellations among these 2000 impatient customers, and they may end up only having to supply 1000-1500 units. In this case, even if the loss per unit of MX (and there surely is a substantial loss at the price point it is positioned in) to M&M is say:
I agree. It appears that MX varient is kept just for marketing reason to show the starting range much below the competitor's. I haven't seen a single post anywhere wherein MX varient appears to have been delivered. Most likely they will continue this strategy and not discoutinue the MX varient, but actual delivery/ waiting period is probably in hand of their ingenuous algorithm. Let's wait & see

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th November 2021 at 22:39. Reason: fixing the quote tags
gauravkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 22:54   #3255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Notice how the guide lines are going upwards. This is because the system is calibrated for camera placement next to the rear logo. So the original view angle is from top down. Mahindra will need to recalibrate the guide lines in AX5 for new camera placement in a software update.

I fail to understand why inspite of there being a dedicated camera slot, Mahindra isn't offering a proper accessory and instead fitting it like some cheap aftermarket camera.
This appears to be a generic Mahindra back camera on the lines of aftermarket one. The camera on AX7 is mounted on tailgate & is pointing at a downward angle for proper positioning of guideframes. While the camera in video is mounted on bumper at 90°. Do notice a lot of unnecessary view over horizon, clearly shows incorrect positioning of camera. Another bummer from Mahindra
gauravkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed