Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2021, 19:11   #3121
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Yesterday, my dad had a look at the XUV700 at a nearby Mahindra showroom (the same dealer where I had a TD of XUV700 Diesel MT a week ago) along with our chauffeur and one look made him fall in love with the car.

And, he is now inclined to book one but I said no due to huge waiting period as we might be needing the car immediately.

In fact, I liked everything about the XUV700 post TD and the only thing, which is keeping me away is its huge waiting period. And, 5 star rating in GNCAP is icing on the cake.

Waiting period quoted by the dealer as of last week was 6-8 months. I guess the chances of getting the car is bleak even if a person, who booked the car, uses political influence or using some contacts for getting the car sooner.
Old 16th November 2021, 19:18   #3122
BHPian

Just got a spooky call from random lady from Mahindra support, she kind of was confirming my booking id and my twitter a/c name and the dealer details. Not sure if its for something good or for vengeance, most probably the later.
Anyone else received such a call yet?
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 19:31   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
...booking id and my twitter a/c name and the dealer details.
I think they just might bump you up. I see you have been very vocal on Twitter and it must be hurting their image. From whatever little I've seen of Mahindra, they seem to genuinely care about customer feedback. I think this call was a good sign for you.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:16   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
I assume you had shared your details in your tweets to Mahindra and thats how they reached you, right ? So this is not based on they somehow narrowing down to you through some AI/ML algo running on tweets . Just want to confirm as from your post it sounded like they asked you to confirm your twitter account but why was that needed if they reached you based on that. Also, isn't this the attention you were looking for from them and I think we should appreciate it and it is a positive response from them.
Old 16th November 2021, 23:03   #3125
BHPian

Quote:
I got a similar call, probably based on the tweets I had been posting since a few days now. Though, my tweets were more inclined towards asking genuine questions like "If EPB is available with non Luxury AWD version?" (I secretly prayed for this) and the answer I got today from the representative, broke my heart. They confirmed that EPB will be available only with the Luxury Variant , even if its AWD!
D_Security_Guy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 23:34   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
I assume you had shared your details in your tweets to Mahindra and thats how they reached you, right ?
Yes and No. I did share my booking id but no other details and obviously they would have traced back my cellphone from their database but they never had reached out earlier when it mattered most be it for booking confirmation or answering my mails or anything of that sort.

Quote:
Just want to confirm as from your post it sounded like they asked you to confirm your twitter account but why was that needed if they reached you based on that.
I would suggest to redirect this question to M&M, may be even tweet them.

Quote:
Also, isn't this the attention you were looking for from them and I think we should appreciate it and it is a positive response from them.
If you read carefully my post they didn't answer or respond to any of my concerns or issues related to fraudulent Algorithm and deceiving delivery dates tactics nor towards the malpractice at the dealers end. It seemed like it was just a call to establish connection between my Twitter a/c and booking id. So obviously no Thankyous yet to M&M

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2021 at 17:23. Reason: Mention of hashtag deleted
Monty1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 22:48   #3127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
I took a long-ish test drive of the AX7 L Petrol AT on the weekend. Test drive route contained 2 lane state highways filled with traffic, single-lane roads, a short pothole-ridden stretch, and a relatively wider bypass road.
Overall, I came back impressed after the test drive. I will be taking a test drive of Diesel AT in the coming weeks. This is definitely one of the contenders for my car upgrade.
Even I test drove the XUV700 but not the Petrol Automatic, Diesel Manual and loved the acceleration and the NVH levels. I had asked the SA that I want to test drive it on Bad roads plus Highway and he was co-operative.

Did not feel unsettled on bad roads, lots of pot holes and Chandigarh-Ambala Highway was a breeze in this car. I have driven the Petrol Automatic in Thar and Engine-Transmission have been mated very well, I can imagine with 30% more power, this will be a match made in heaven.

The SA also told me that Petrol AT in XUV700 will give 10 or 11 if there is 30 percent to 50 percent of Highway driving. Diesel as of now is delayed by 4 month minimum and he said that Petrol Manual or Automatic will be delivered faster.
swunkjyn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 08:08   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
I got a similar call, probably based on the tweets I had been posting since a few days now. Though, my tweets were more inclined towards asking genuine questions like "If EPB is available with non Luxury AWD version?" (I secretly prayed for this) and the answer I got today from the representative, broke my heart. They confirmed that EPB will be available only with the Luxury Variant , even if its AWD!
In the same boat, was disappointed to know that EPB was not available in non L AWD variant as was mentioned in the brochure.

Another downer - from the new ownership thread here on team bhp it looks like AX7 non L variant may also not come with Adrenox remote start/stop and climate control, secretly hoping that it’s a case of MT vs AT and not to do with L package.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 10:55   #3129
BHPian

I have booked AX7 L D AWD AT on 8th Oct and the booking is covered under price protection (8th Oct prices). I have been reading and wondering why petrol XUV700 is being delivered first and available with a shorter waiting period? Chip shortage and other various factors should apply to both petrol and diesel cars one would assume?
Old 18th November 2021, 11:22   #3130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Mahindra engineers found that to save costs Tata have heavily diluted the Land Rover platform and they are certain that even with a different engine the Harrier twins won't score more than 3 stars at GNCAP. In fact when Mahindra had done the same analysis on the Alfa platform they were all praises for Tata but it's the exact opposite for the Omega platform.
That's one nasty scoop isn't it! Thanks for sharing. These sources of yours since a long time now, must be having bounties on their heads.
  1. Tata's resurgence has been based significantly on the "safety" aspect. If they have actually compromised on the platform of their flagships - that would be the biggest blunder in years. I wonder if they are indeed that naive. If this information is true - it goes a step ahead to reinforce my belief that it makes much more sense to buy a couple of sub4m SUVs (Nexon in fact) in the family (one for the working missus!) than buying a 25L OTR elephant, without proven safety credentials even. I have never been convinced so far that the Harrier/Safari fully justify the price difference with a Nexon Diesel (unless of course the primary requirement is to impress others or there is a specific requirement of lots of space - rather than daily utility value.) - Purely personal mango-people opinion.
  2. At the same time - that this information comes from M&M sources, is something I'd take with a pinch of salt. A lot hangs in the balance for them with the XUV7oo. The more they sell it ASAP, the better for them. Will help establishing the car as well as the brand better into the premium urban segments and lay the foundations for critical upcoming launches like the all important Scorpio. And of course will help the stock prices too . I wouldn't mind leaking bits and pieces that help my product if I was M&M. Its only fair.

Either way - Mahindra has hit it out of the park and into the orbit with the GNCAP score of the 7oo. All Tata can (and should) do now is work on fixes and get the car tested with respectable safety scores. Its either sheer luck or some sort of "arrangement" that the Harrier/Safari are not yet tested by GNCAP. If I was M&M and confident of the strip-down analysis - I'd supply the required number of pieces to GNCAP for testing voluntarily as soon as possible .

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th November 2021 at 11:32.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 12:08   #3131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I have booked AX7 L D AWD AT on 8th Oct and the booking is covered under price protection (8th Oct prices). I have been reading and wondering why petrol XUV700 is being delivered first and available with a shorter waiting period? Chip shortage and other various factors should apply to both petrol and diesel cars one would assume?
The number of chips required are probably more for diesel ones
Old 18th November 2021, 13:11   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I have been reading and wondering why petrol XUV700 is being delivered first and available with a shorter waiting period? Chip shortage and other various factors should apply to both petrol and diesel cars one would assume?
I can talk about Thar. Dealer SM mentioned that chips needed for Diesel is 10 times more than petrol hence shorter wait times for Petrol than Diesel. I will assume that same would be the case for XUV700.
Old 18th November 2021, 13:35   #3133
BHPian

The XUV 7OO runs on BlackBerry OS.

Quote:
WATERLOO, CANADA and MUMBAI, INDIA – November 17, 2021 – BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), one of India’s leading automotive companies, today announced that a Cockpit Domain Controller (CDC) that leverages the QNX® Neutrino® Realtime Operating System (RTOS) and QNX® Hypervisor has now entered mass production. This leading-edge CDC platform has been selected to power M&M Ltd.’s new XUV700 SUV, offering Indian consumers a more intuitive and intelligent in-car driving experience.

The deployment marks a significant Indian automotive market expansion for BlackBerry Limited, whose BlackBerry QNX technology is in production programs with 45 different OEMs, 7/7 of the top Tier 1s and over 195 million vehicles worldwide.

By using technology as a key differentiator, M&M Ltd.’s new XUV700 makes use of next-generation electrical and electronics (E/E) architecture, with an advanced infotainment system and strong suite of sophisticated driver assistance systems to establish a leadership position in this class of vehicles manufactured in India while delivering an elevated level of safety, security and comfort.

Combining the latest in chip technology with the highly reliable QNX Hypervisor, the XUV700 allows for design flexibility and scalability to consolidate multiple systems with mixed criticality and different operating environments onto a single hardware platform, reducing both the initial development and long-term costs of ownership while providing the highest standards of functional safety and security.

“It’s a real pleasure to help innovative manufacturers like M&M Ltd. take advantage of one of the industry’s most significant trends – the exploding demand for safe, seamless, digital in-car experiences,” said Dhiraj Handa, VP, Asia Pacific region at BlackBerry. “With the BlackBerry QNX powered Cockpit Domain Controller combined with M&M’s strong track record and heritage of delivering best-in-class vehicles, we’re confident that drivers of the new XUV700, will relish the comfort, safety and connectivity it delivers.”

“We are pleased to team up with BlackBerry QNX whose QNX Neutrino Realtime Operating System (RTOS) and QNX Hypervisor represents a key ingredient in our push to deploy the first generation of software-driven vehicles in the Indian marketplace,” said Binoy Paul, Chief Engineer E/E at Mahindra. “As a surge of consumer interest has shown since our August launch, India is more than ready for the software centric car and with BlackBerry QNX serving as the secure and trusted foundation of the intelligent infotainment system within our innovative new XUV700, M&M have a strong first mover advantage.”
[Source]
Tanmay007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 13:53   #3134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Tata's resurgence has been based significantly on the "safety" aspect. If they have actually compromised on the platform of their flagships - that would be the biggest blunder in years.
OT.
Diluting the kit and trim when a model gains traction in the market is the standard operating procedure of Tata motors. Really regret to say this, the moment a car has generated a fairly decent number of sales, they will start deleting features one by one.

In 2018 I checked the Nexon out as I was in the market for a compact SUV. (Really liked it but wifey preferred Ecosport AT). Just 3 months later I visited the Tata showroom with a cousin and actually dismayed that many features were missing, either promoted for the next level variant or were simply deleted. I don't remember the exact details, but I think even parcel tray was deleted from one variant.

Don't know Tata has taken this strategy to next level, by diluting an entire platform. It's high time for them to send the two cars for GNCAP even if gets awarded with 3 stars. It can kill the rumour mill once and for all.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 18th November 2021 at 14:08.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 13:58   #3135
Distinguished - BHPian

I have always believed that loud colors on large SUVs would look gaudy.

First time, I spotted a silver XUV7OO and it looked elegant. The 2nd spotting was a red XUV7OO, and it looked H-O-T!

A metallic blue Safari alongside a metallic blue XUV7OO would make you believe Safari to be a much older design.

Today I saw a blue XUV7OO and it looked even better. Damn!

Also the horn sounded really classy. Not sure if that is XUV7OO OE horn or the owner had installed it after-market. If it is OE, then it's among the best OE horns, along with modern Hyundai horns.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks