Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 00:11   #3061
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Price is not an issue. It’s the performance he is looking at. Also, none of the bigger vehicles in petrol version has made an impact. Best example is Innova Petrol. So he is confused.
mStallion in this car IIRC from the demo video produces ~90% torque from 1250 RPM onwards , it's like a diesel. A test drive should make things clear.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 00:25   #3062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
mStallion in this car IIRC from the demo video produces ~90% torque from 1250 RPM onwards , it's like a diesel. A test drive should make things clear.
340 Nm at 1250 RPM should be fantastic, despite the bulk. Anywhere one can see the torque (and power) curves for the XUV 700 and/or other vehicles?

Wise words about a TD, mate. No amount of words can replace that.
Old 13th November 2021, 01:37   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Update:
In short, the whole timeline is up in smoke right now and I have zero idea when I will get any concrete update. The whole attitude at the dealer end is supremely disappointing.
Not to demotivate you but it could be a case as mentioned in an earlier post of a dealer named Koncept, selling out to walkin customers who paid a premium. This whole situation reminds me of 90s when my dad had to pay commission to a middleman to get his Vespa and it was a common practice, no one really bothered to go to the dealer or showroom, straight to the middleman.

Start sending mails to dealer and the customer service and dont feel ashamed while calling up 3 or 30 times to the SA or the customer care, you are paying them and they charge an additional tax for their service. May be even use tweeter to post your concern using hashtag BeFairMahindra

Last edited by Monty1 : 13th November 2021 at 01:44. Reason: Spell check
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 02:34   #3064
BHPian

The bootup animation is straight up dope. Beautifully spans across the 2 screens. Haven’t seen this anywhere since it appears only during a cold boot.

Name:  5B07B44C77E84C94826CC7BA6EC9BC14.gif
Views: 1184
Size:  4.08 MB

[Source - Car Connect on Youtube]

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 13th November 2021 at 02:36.
Tanmay007 is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 06:55   #3065

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Petrol or diesel? Without that info, can't decide if 10 kmpl is good or bad!
Sorry, petrol it is! The variant list is quite long and I forgot I missed an important component in it😛

Also, I don’t think diesels have started coming out for delivery yet but my bad on the typo
tavarisvalerian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 08:35   #3066
BHPian

As there are multiple threads recently about dealers or Mahindra being unfair, and the fact that the system in India is not very helpful for consumers, I wanted to share this. INGRAM is an online portal of National Consumer Helpline and it works. They reach out to businesses on behalf of consumers. I have got two big companies to respond positively through this portal. In one of the cases, I got the company sent a replacement of a Bluetooth Earbud for which they were not responding for two months.

Last edited by impala : 13th November 2021 at 08:45. Reason: Correcting typo; to -> two.
impala is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 11:04   #3067
BHPian

The wireless charger shortage is real! Even Tesla which is famous for their sorted electrical supply chain is shipping Model 3’s without wireless chargers and ports. And not just that they’re not even informing customers about it. Mahendra’s starting to feel a lot more transparent now.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-4bebfbd93d3b4018908be11a8ed6e760.jpeg

[Source - Reddit]
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 14:39   #3068
BHPian

Considering there are many questions and doubts regarding the range of accessories and the pricing, attaching the comprehensive price list, inclusive of labour and taxes. This is from NBS Mahindra, Mumbai. More or less, the prices will be same across dealers. Not sure about price variation in different cities.

Thank you Mr. Sameer for sharing this.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Xuv7oo 7Str Acc. Price List.xlsx (18.4 KB, 749 views)
IamNikhil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 14:43   #3069
BHPian

Quicker delivery with lesser features and lower price!

Mahindra is now trying to ease the chip shortage issue related to late delivery by a new solution. This might be a good solution as M&M says it's not imposed on all customers and it is up to the the customer to opt for lesser features and get the car delivered quick. This means that customers can forego some unwanted features(not sure if customizable) at a different pricing to that of a standard variant.

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12415517.html

Now, there are some questions like,
- Will M&M create new variants with specific features as a pack to be deleted?
- Will M&M allow customers to choose features out of a list?
- Will the customers get a low price quote or a credit on some other optional service/AMC pack?

Last edited by saikarthik : 13th November 2021 at 15:11.
saikarthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 15:28   #3070
Distinguished - BHPian

All vehicles currently waiting for delivery with one of the Bangalore dealer is Petrol. Those who have booked petrol, you are definitely getting it soon.

It looks a lot taller in person and especially the front end sits higher off the ground. This vehicle's design will appeal to a much broader audience than any other vehicle of this kind without a doubt, it is very smart.
Old 13th November 2021, 15:33   #3071
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here's some latest dope on the XUV700.

1. First and foremost a big thumbs up to Team Mahindra who have come out with flying colours with the XUV700 performing almost flawlessly in GNCAP test, just as I had predicted a few months back. Now according to my sources, if GNCAP tests the AX7 variant then it will score an even higher score of around 43-44 for adult occupant protection because of the presence of a knee airbag for the driver.......
Thanks for the dope, but I was wondering if you happen to know whether Mahindra managed to sort out the intrusion issue on the turbo petrol and some unknown issue on the MX variant (due to insufficient number of airbags) which would potentially prevent the XUV 700 from getting a 5-star rating, as you had reported in an earlier post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
6. As I had reported earlier that there is some engine intrusion issue with the petrol XUV during front crash, Mahindra is likely to send the diesel variant for GNCAP testing. Now my sources have told me that even the MX variant is having some issues in achieving a perfect 5 star score because it has only 2 airbags which are not proving enough to get a 5 star score. Even though Mahindra is working on sorting out both the issues, we will have to wait and see which variant they finally manage to send to GNCAP.
Does the issue still exist, or did they manage to fix the issue before the cars hit production?
rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 15:34   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
My friend is little confused between Petrol and Diesel. His usage is mostly in the city and occasionally on highways. I always feel that diesel is better for such heavier vehicles. Can experts help me with the difference? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Turbo-petrol produces 197 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 380 Nm @ 1,750 - 3000 rpm.

The 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine that powers the XUV700 is an all-aluminium unit shared with the Thar, but in a far higher state of tune here.

When it comes to the driving experience, this 2.0 Petrol AT is smooth, sprightly & refined. Mahindra’s mStallion is a likeable motor. Petrol lovers, Delhi-NCR BHPians & those who don't care about fuel-efficiency will appreciate the offering. The petrol engine is smooth & quite city-friendly.

On the open road, the turbo-petrol’s 197 BHP means you will be doing silly speeds without even realising it! At Mahindra’s new test track, the XUV700 Petrol AT reached 150 km/h effortlessly and could easily do more. The turbo-petrol revs nicely to the redline, although it isn’t a high-rpm petrol at all. In kickdown mode, the Petrol AT shifts up at just under 5,000 rpm which is rather diesel-like. We sure wish the engine gave us at least another 1,000 - 1,200 rpm to play with, as it does in the Petrol MT variant which revs higher. The mid-range is strong and there is enough power on tap to pass traffic with ease. In terms of cruisability, the XUV700 will do 100 & 120 km/h in top gear at a relaxed ~1,600 rpm & ~2,000 rpm respectively.
The above text is from the official review.
Hope this will help your friend to decide.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 15:37   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
This is from NBS Mahindra, Mumbai. More or less, the prices will be same across dealers.
Thanks for sharing this. I have a doubt about the front parking sensor, can you please ask the salesperson about it if/when you get the chance.

I want to know if the front parking sensor accessory gets integrated directly with the system. Check the below image to refer to what I mean. If the front sensor accessory (AW10053) is able to integrate with current system and show the proximity bars at front as well I think it will be worth it.

Name:  Screenshot 20211113 at 3.35.00 PM.png
Views: 863
Size:  244.6 KB
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 15:45   #3074

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Thanks for the dope, but I was wondering if you happen to know whether Mahindra managed to sort out the intrusion issue on the turbo petrol and some unknown issue on the MX variant (due to insufficient number of airbags) which would potentially prevent the XUV 700 from getting a 5-star rating, as you had reported in an earlier post?
I'd like to know this too since the car tested in gncap is ax3 and there's no mention of it being diesel or petrol so it's highly likely it's a diesel and they skipped mx because then they have to choose the petrol as technically that's the base variant and hence couldn't have achieved 5 stars because of the supposed intrusion. Though I've booked the top variant petrol and somewhat convinced that the intrusion wouldn't cause any injuries to the driver because of the extra knee airbag it'd be nice to have some clarification.
Rockstah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 16:11   #3075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
Quicker delivery with lesser features and lower price!

Now, there are some questions like,
- Will M&M create new variants with specific features as a pack to be deleted?
- Will M&M allow customers to choose features out of a list?
- Will the customers get a low price quote or a credit on some other optional service/AMC pack?
The smarter thing to do rather than offer "step-down" editions of variants, would be to launch a new series with slightly fewer or slightly different features. For example, an AX6 that could have everything in AX7 minus the ADAS. Since the ADAS system alone contains over 100 chips as per Mahindra. This would help to work around some aspects of the shortage. I would love a variant like that, as I think ADAS is fundamentally unsuited to the traffic we have in India. The AI in ADAS needs to get smarter to account for the idiosyncratic Indian truck driver and rickshaw wallah.

The term "step-down" is in itself a put off for a customer who has booked a variant with a certain set of features, paying a hefty premium. Why would anyone spending 25-30 lakhs for an SUV want to "step down"? My sincere advise to M&M would be to steer clear of this kind of terminology. Instead introduce the AX6 (or call it CX7 instead of AX7 if you prefer). Then offer to the customer that you can convert your booking from AX7 to CX7 if you choose to, for faster delivery. Don't call it a step-down, throw in some items like ventilated seats or normal cruise control in CX7 that are not present in AX7. This way your customers do not feel let down because of being recommended to step-down

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 13th November 2021 at 16:16.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks