Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 09:34   #2956

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Notice how the message talks about 'estimated month of delivery' and not 'estimated date of delivery'
I booked my AX7L Petrol AT on the 7th of October. I paid the booking amount to the dealer on 6th of October. I really don't appreciate this talk of 'month of delivery' when there are reports of people who booked after the 7th getting cars delivered. Even if they gave me an exact date in January or February for the car I booked (with wireless charging), I would be ok with it. But month of delivery implies it will be mid 2022 when I even see the car.
Old 10th November 2021, 09:48   #2957
BHPian

Guys, have been called in by the dealer to discuss pricing, accessories etc by tomorrow, and might also be able to inspect the vehicle in yard if it has arrived by then. Would like any inputs/suggestions from those who have already taken delivery of XUV700 or would like to share their experince otherwise as well regarding things which I should be looking out for and any potential red flags.
Old 10th November 2021, 10:25   #2958
BHPian

Hello. I have not seen any good reviews comparing the XUV700 vs the Safari. Since I booked an XUV700 without a test drive, I decided to test drive the 700 and Safari. Quoting myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
I will take a TD of the XUV700 diesel AT variant soon. I am also planning to do a TD of the Safari too. This would confirm if my thoughts are true. But, what do you guys think? Has anyone taken a TD of Safari and XUV 700?
I have driven the XUV700 diesel MT and diesel AT, and have also driven the Safari AT (twice). I have updated my experience in the Safari thread which is mentioned below. I wanted to get a perspective from the XUV700 followers as well, so, quoting it here. I am now more inclined towards Safari - Gizmos aside, I felt it was the better car. What do you guys think, have you driven these cars back to back?

Quote:
XUV700 vs Safari - a battle which I never thought would bother me
NotanF1driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 10:26   #2959
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : Please refrain from using hashtags (#) or referring to hashtags on social media while posting on Team-BHP. Thanks.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 10:50   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
I felt it was the better car. What do you guys think, have you driven these cars back to back?
I have. I will wait for at least 6 month before making a call. AT takes time to settle after few 100 kms and TD vehicles for XUV700 are still very new. I will rely more on real owners reviews after 5K to 10 K driving on road.

Safari ride is better and no doubt on that. However, it looks a tad bit dated compared to competition including XUV700 purely from tech perspective.

My biggest grouse with Tata apart from their ASS is they have history of junking their own brands. Recent examples being Aria and Hexa. I plan to keep my car for 8-10 years and cannot rely on Tata.

I have booked XUV700 after 8th and expect to get delivery only after a year. Hopefully by that time we will have enough data points which are real life and not test driven to make a call.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 11:04   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Notice how the message talks about 'estimated month of delivery' and not 'estimated date of delivery'
The first thing I noticed as well. The "estimated" month of delivery will only be communicated at the end of November, which is already a month and a half from the date of booking.

Looking at the Thar delivery fiasco, I had set myself a waiting period of 6 months; anything more and I was going to cancel. Going by the lack of transparency from Mahindra, it is definitely going to be more. If the updated variant with ventilated seats, electric tailgate and auto dimming IRVM does launch by the end of next year, it doesn't make much sense to pick up an XUV in the second half of 2022.

With the news that the wireless charging feature may also be removed, I am getting closer to cancelling the booking with each passing day. Just waiting on Mahindra to confirm the delivery month to pull the trigger.
a_chelat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 11:16   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
I have booked XUV700 after 8th and expect to get delivery only after a year. Hopefully by that time we will have enough data points which are real life and not test driven to make a call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
The first thing I noticed as well. The "estimated" month of delivery will only be communicated at the end of November, which is already a month and a half from the date of booking.
I did exactly the same, booked after the initial hooplah to able to push out the delivery late enough to avoid niggles and watch out for upgrades. The tone of today morning's mail isn't promising
Old 10th November 2021, 11:20   #2963
BANNED

Although I fully understand that AWD vehicles aren't made to go off road and is usually included for traction, the AWD Test Track put up by Mahindra leads me to believe that they too aren't entirely confident in the 'beaten path worthiness' of the XUV7OO.

They did show how the XUV7OO can find traction in extremely wet surfaces which was confidence inspiring but the Cross Axle test in which IMHO the wheel spin shown was excessive might be an issue in real life scenarios. A roller test might help clear any issues on that front.

As someone who daily drives and occasionally goes on light trails with my Tata Hexa AWD, I am well aware of the limitations of AWD. My only point here is to figure out how effective the AWD on the XUV7OO is and not whether AWD is better than FWD.
nathanjdias is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 11:22   #2964
BHPian

So it's official now. Mahindra will be creating "step-down" versions of the XUV 7OO in order to still maintain production. What comes as a glimmer of hope is the fact that the Executive Director of M&M said that "We are not forcing them to buy the new variants". So I guess the ones who have already ordered will be getting their cars without any cutbacks
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211110111925_chrome.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 11:31   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
So it's official now. Mahindra will be creating "step-down" versions of the XUV 7OO in order to still maintain production. What comes as a glimmer of hope is the fact that the Executive Director of M&M said that "We are not forcing them to buy the new variants". So I guess the ones who have already ordered will be getting their cars without any cutbacks
They should now offer AWD on AX3/AX5 MT variants too.
Old 10th November 2021, 11:59   #2966

Let me give some perspective on the delays due to Chip shortage. I happen to be in a team responsible for Network infrastructure of an MNC A. Till end of 2020 when we order devices from another huge MNC B (of which the MNC A, is a platinum partner worldwide), it used to deliver the devices within 45 days of placing the order (these devices are manufactured after order is placed and we get update as soon as it moves out of production line and rest of the steps from the country of origin to the landing in India and passing customs etc though not exact as car delivery but we can compare the process). The same process takes more than 6 months now.

We had several meeting with MNC B's sales team. This is the information we got : their main supplier TSMC, is unable to cater to the demand. So they have approached many other chip manufacturers but still there is no reduction in timelines. We have few orders placed in June 2021, they have changed delivery time lines from 15th Nov 2021 to 1st Dec 2021 and since last week it shows 31st Dec 2021. The devices are still not out of production line. Above this there has been 8 to 10% increase in pricing twice in last 4 months. This device which I am mentioning, has less electronics if not similar, when compared to what a vehicle like XUV 700 has.

But Mahindra had to anticipate the market response after fantastic job by their marketing team and should have been better prepared for delivery. They can still correct the process by being more transparent about the timelines, as many will be willing to wait longer but with a clear delivery date. Suspense is what is disappointing many.
Arvind319 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 12:07   #2967
BHPian

I work in an industry where we use same Chips on our products which goes to automobile industries as well.

Some of the Major chip manufacturers discontinued some chips and delaying deliveries of the existing orders till end of 2024.

This could be the reason for Mahindra to launch downgraded models. Hope Mahindra may allow interested customers to downgrade their existing bookings without much impact on the delivery dates.

My guess is that Mahindra may further delay launching upgraded models.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 12:12   #2968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
If the updated variant with ventilated seats, electric tailgate and auto dimming IRVM does launch by the end of next year, it doesn't make much sense to pick up an XUV in the second half of 2022.
If you want to wait for the updated version with additional features, actually delivery would probably go to mid 2023, or worse, end of 2023!
Old 10th November 2021, 12:22   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
They should now offer AWD on AX3/AX5 MT variants too.
I might be over optimistic, I would welcome MX AWD as well. XUV700 is a better 5 seater than Thar for my 99% drives. I wouldn't mind paying little extra premium for AWD for the occasional off-roading.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 12:35   #2970
BHPian

Considering the chip shortage situation, Mahindra will surely delay the launch of upgraded models and mid-line up variants for the XUV 700.

However, it would definitely be a travesty if they tinker with the features of existing models. They ought to have had a forecast in place before accepting massive orders for XUV 700 though.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks