Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 18:10   #2911
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
The first time it cracked I had a lengthy conversation with SA and the local Mahindra office and they did not agree. Then I had to escalate to Anand, Pawan and got it replaced for free. The second time it happened I sold my XUv 500.
I didn't have any issues with the windshield of my xuv500 in 5.5 years of ownership, a 2016 model. In fact it got hit by flying pebbles a couple of times and got small cracks at two places but i continued driving with those without any issues.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 18:31   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Just saw a customer on twitter complaining to Mahindra regarding the lack of Apple CarPlay in his newly delivered XUV 7OO. The customer representative replied to the tweet stating that, “certification is under process”.
Saw an update on the same lines for Android Auto is also not working, is this true, can the members who have taken the delivery please confirm. This is a bummer to have both of them not working.
hemanthbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 18:46   #2913
BHPian

Hi guys, I wanted to check if anyone in this forum from Bangalore has received a confirmation on a AX5 , 7Seater, Diesel AT White. I booked it thru Anant cars ,Mysore road and the Sales assistant told me that they have delivered a similar models .

(Since I Booked it on 7th(technically))
Old 8th November 2021, 19:33   #2914
BHPian

Guys, are the infotainment chips ( in the customer deliveries happening now ) the new / faster ones or the slower ones used in the TD vehicles ?
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 19:35   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarisvalerian View Post
2.) There was talk about the wooden panel in doors getting replaced by leather strip (similar to the one near ac vents). The vehicle I am receiving has wooden panels while few other vehicles in the stockyard had the leather strip. Should this be a cause of concern?
As such it shouldn't be. The fake wood panels were on the earlier batches and indeed, there were rumors of the infotainment screen acting up due to slow processors. As earlier suggested by someone, thoroughly go through the infotainment system and check for lags and screen freeze. In my TD vehicle, the screen froze and acted up numerous times. I had to ask myself whether I was in a Tata vehicle.

Quote:
4.) The dealer is not budging on the insurance part (1.2lakhs compared to 70k from external quote) and is willing to give the vehicle to someone else on priority list. Accessories pricing also seems to be higher than the official list. Not sure if I can do anything about this.
Sadly, this is one of the evils of the Indian Automotive Industry and with companies such as Mahindra aiming to target the premium segment, the behavior of their dealerships and SAs convince us otherwise. Don't budge on the insurance or the accessories part. If you're going through a legitimate booking, the dealer cannot force you to go for the 1.2 lac insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I am expecting this issue soon as well. My dealer Koncept Delhi is refusing to budge, but my delivery is later this month. As per me, we as customers have 3 options:

1) Use social media: Tag Anand Mahindra and other higher execs of Mahindra auto along with official XUV700 handle on twitter and share details regarding this dealer malpractice.
No offence to any of the members or the Teambhp in general, but what is the use of a community and forum if we cannot use the clout of this forum and community to make sure that none of the companies or dealerships use the evil practices on their customers. As a fellow member, I request you to tweet on two issues: Transparency in delivery schedule and the force tactics of Dealerships in coercing the consumers to buy Insurance and accessories, for which they often threaten us with allotting the vehicle to someone else.

Quote:
Just saw a customer on twitter complaining to Mahindra regarding the lack of Apple CarPlay in his newly delivered XUV 7OO. The customer representative replied to the tweet stating that, “certification is under process”. This is really ridiculous that Mahindra hasn’t been able to bag the certification despite the official launch of the car. Really doubtful now whether we’ll be able to use Apple CarPlay while bringing home the car on the 7th of December.
First of all, a hearty congratulations Wade. Albeit, it is true that Mahindra has been delaying the certification process of both Android Auto and Carplay, I've indeed heard that the process will soon be done with. But then again, this issue has been there since August 15th, with the same statements being made in the Media Drives.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2021 at 10:20. Reason: # reference deleted
Moto_Bear is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 19:42   #2916
BHPian

I was able to use wireless android auto in the TD vehicle. Worked smoothly. I wonder why it's not enabled in customer delivery vehicles if it was working fine on a TD vehicle
Old 8th November 2021, 20:06   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
First of all, a hearty congratulations Wade. Albeit, it is true that Mahindra has been delaying the certification process of both Android Auto and Carplay, I've indeed heard that the process will soon be done with. But then again, this issue has been there since August 15th, with the same statements being made in the Media Drives.
Thank you Moto_Bear. The delay in certification is what worries me - they've had since August 15 of this year to sort out this issue. While it is definitely fixable by just a software patch but what irks me is the fact that I might have to drive home my "new" car only to drive it back to the service centre again, just to enable a function that should have been present in the car from the start I live in a rural town which is 264 kms away from the nearest city which has all the car dealerships, electronic showrooms, etc. So, on delivery day, I would be driving roughly 500+kms to and fro, and then to just activate a function, I would have to drive another 500+kms to and fro. I guess I might be able to run in the new engine with just this exercise I really and desperately hope that Mahindra would sort out the certification issues before December.
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 20:22   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
I would have to drive another 500+kms to and fro.
For your sake I really hope Mahindra is able to provide OTA updates. It would be disappointing if in 2021 people still need to visit service center for software updates.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 20:51   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
For your sake I really hope Mahindra is able to provide OTA updates. It would be disappointing if in 2021 people still need to visit service center for software updates.
Yes, you are right. I had totally forgotten that the car comes with eSIM functionality (too many features to keep track of) If Mahindra is able to provide OTA update for enabling the CarPlay functionality, it would be a boon for people like me who are living quite far away from the nearest Mahindra service centre. Fingers crossed. Hope other members who received their cars are able to shed some light on this in the coming days.

Last edited by wadewilson : 8th November 2021 at 20:52. Reason: Elucidated a point further
Old 8th November 2021, 21:15   #2920

Thanks everyone for the reply! Unfortunately I am new to this forum and unable to quote text appropriately, so giving a common reply considering the theme is fairly common across the responses.

I was also one of those guys who thought it is not fair for the dealer to strongarm us into accepting his terms, and I have to fight this out. But considering few recent developments and my need for a car urgently, has me on the backfoot in considering my options, to the extent that I am okay to pay the premium now as I dont want to wait a few more months for my car. The dealer has brought down his quote to 1Lakh though, which is still a big win for me imo, but not the best price I would get outside.

I did raise my concerns about this being an older manufactured vehicle, and I would prefer to get a later vehicle. They were able to arrange a newer vehicle as well (readily available). I did prefer the wood panel instead of the current leather strip, but willing to hope for a niggle free product (later, the better).

What this experience also explains is that the algorithm is non-existent (at least for the initial batches maybe), since the dealer keeps talking about out of turn deliveries for bureaucrat and politicos. One way I am happy that this control at a dealership level has allowed them to give me a newer vehicle than the one (apparently) allotted, but at the same time cringe at how I would have felt if I were a victim of this said dealer control.

Another interesting insight gained from the dealer is that lot of their enquiries got converted to bookings by default, and by the time they understood that, the first day of bookings was locked. This indicates that the cancellation rates may be way too high, and the delivery might be faster than anticipated. Dealer also confirmed that they are mostly receiving only AX7 and its trims. Clearly these were all in the manufacturing pipeline even before orders were taken.
tavarisvalerian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 21:19   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Sorry, dint catch this - could you please point me to EPB confirmation bit. Thanks in advance.

I have a booking for AWD non L and am still not sure if it comes with EPB or not.
While TDing the XUV 7OO (5th October) my SA told me that the AWD is available with the EPB and he was quite sure about it. He even told me the same while booking the vehicle on 7th. I was quite confident about getting the EPB in the AWD. However, the manual shared above cleard that the EPB is only available with the L Pack.
I now am confused about taking delivery as two features I wanted (Sony Music system and the EPB) are missing even after spending nearly 23 lakhs for a vehicle.
I am in two minds now, should I go ahead and take delivery or should I decline and go for a used jeep compass 4x4.
Old 8th November 2021, 21:44   #2922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
I didn't have any issues with the windshield of my xuv500 in 5.5 years of ownership, a 2016 model.
Same here. My XUV 500 is a 2013 model, and it has it's fair share of encounters with flying pebbles. Not even a scratch on glass till today.

Feeling very much concerned (and suprised) after reading about the spontaneous windshield breaking incidents.
Old 8th November 2021, 21:59   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
While TDing the XUV 7OO (5th October) my SA told me that the AWD is available with the EPB and he was quite sure about it. He even told me the same while booking the vehicle on 7th. I was quite confident about getting the EPB in the AWD. However, the manual shared above cleard that the EPB is only available with the L Pack.
I now am confused about taking delivery as two features I wanted (Sony Music system and the EPB) are missing even after spending nearly 23 lakhs for a vehicle.
I am in two minds now, should I go ahead and take delivery or should I decline and go for a used jeep compass 4x4.
Per my understanding Sony Music System can be fitted on the AX7 if required (After Market) at the ASC.
benroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 22:02   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion would be not to go with a variant you are not convinced of. This is at least 5-7 years lock in and 23+ lacs we are talking about. I cannot comment on what is the alternate as I am myself sold on XUV700. Have booked after 8th so not expecting anytime before mid of next year.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 8th November 2021 at 22:03.
Old 8th November 2021, 22:09   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
I was also one of those guys who thought it is not fair for the dealer to strongarm us into accepting his terms, and I have to fight this out.
If that's the case you should consider cancelling the insurance once you have the car and go for a new one. I've had good experience with Coverfox and their customer service will definitely guide you well.

Quote:
They were able to arrange a newer vehicle as well (readily available).

What this experience also explains is that the algorithm is non-existent
Man this makes me angry. I hope people over at Mahindra are following this thread closely and see what's happening at ground level.

Quote:
EPB on the non-L AWD variant was clearly mentioned to be included in the older brochure. I still feel you will get it, hold off until allotment and verify during PDI before making any payments. As for Sony system, Mahindra has been clear from the beginning that only L trim has it, no idea why you're expecting it.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 8th November 2021 at 22:13.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks