Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 09:18   #2896

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi BHPians,

I am collecting my Xuv700 petrol L AT on Thursday and will be going for PDI today. Already checked out the car in stockyard on Saturday.

1.) Could I request folks who have already collected their vehicles, share experience to watch out for specific things during PDI outside of the standard team-bhp list?
2.) There was talk about the wooden panel in doors getting replaced by leather strip (similar to the one near ac vents). The vehicle I am receiving has wooden panels while few other vehicles in the stockyard had the leather strip. Should this be a cause of concern?
3.) Reading some tweets about CarPlay and android auto yet to receive certification, issues with maps, etc. I am hoping all of these are going to be software updates and I shouldn’t be too worried. Any opinion on this?
4.) The dealer is not budging on the insurance part (1.2lakhs compared to 70k from external quote) and is willing to give the vehicle to someone else on priority list. Accessories pricing also seems to be higher than the official list. Not sure if I can do anything about this.

Your opinion on the above will definitely help make my purchase process a little stress free
tavarisvalerian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 09:59   #2897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post

I understand its one single seat and does not have any split. But is it possible to recline it as a whole?
5 seater XUV700 doesn't get the split rear seat? I have been complaining about Hyundai not providing split seats on their 9 lakh hatchback!
If any car maker wants to call their car an SUV or MUV, split rear seat is a must as 'U' stands for 'utility' and having the split rear seat is all about utility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarisvalerian View Post
2.) There was talk about the wooden panel in doors getting replaced by leather strip (similar to the one near ac vents). The vehicle I am receiving has wooden panels while few other vehicles in the stockyard had the leather strip. Should this be a cause of concern?
If you are happy with the wooden trim, it should be OK. Does it also has the additional dummy button?

Quote:

4.) The dealer is not budging on the insurance part (1.2lakhs compared to 70k from external quote) and is willing to give the vehicle to someone else on priority list. Accessories pricing also seems to be higher than the official list. Not sure if I can do anything about this.
As the car is allocated by Mahindra, I don't think the dealer can assign it to someone else. I would warn the dealer about reporting to Mahindra about any such move.

Last edited by Guna : 8th November 2021 at 10:10.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 10:23   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
This should mean that the car was produced before the design change decision. There were some reports of brake noise and suspension noise previously on this thread (link (Mahindra XUV700 Review)), though I don't know how reliable that info is.

Quote:
You should fight this tooth and nail!
Old 8th November 2021, 11:18   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

Your opinion on the above will definitely help make my purchase process a little stress free
Dealer cannot force you to buy insurance and accessories from him. Ask him to give that in writing.

In case you do not want to take it up strongly with the dealer, you can buy the insurance from dealer and then get it cancelled for a pro-rata refund from the insurance company. Just make sure you buy another insurance cover of your choice to avoid break in Insurance cover. You will have to read the fine print thoroughly and this would be a painful process.
bill1182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:18   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
As the car is allocated by Mahindra, I don't think the dealer can assign it to someone else. I would warn the dealer about reporting to Mahindra about any such move.
+1. Unless you are getting the vehicle under dealers special quota. Did you receive delivery date communication from Mahindra or made request to dealer for early delivery?
Old 8th November 2021, 11:34   #2901
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

I am expecting this issue soon as well. My dealer Koncept Delhi is refusing to budge, but my delivery is later this month. As per me, we as customers have 3 options:

1) Use social media: Tag Anand Mahindra and other higher execs of Mahindra auto along with official XUV700 handle on twitter and share details regarding this dealer malpractice.

2) Email/Call Mahindra Support and escalate the issue there (ensure you are provided some ticket or reference number for follow up)

3) Try to get in touch with local Mahindra executives like area manager from your area.

Sadly, I'm not sure if any of these would work, but sure would be helpful giving a try. Please share how it goes.

Last edited by nasir88 : 8th November 2021 at 11:36.
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:43   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Thank you for sharing this.
Does the 2nd row seat recline in the 5 seater version? None of the videos I have seen so far (including this one) cover this detail.

I understand its one single seat and does not have any split. But is it possible to recline it as a whole?
As someone who has booked the AX5 5-seater variant, I have to regretfully inform you that the 2nd row seat in this variant, neither reclines nor does it have the 60/40 split.

The lack of the 60/40 split is not a deal breaker, as this variant will get a huge (1060L?) boot. But lack of 2nd row recline, is definitely very disappointing.

This variant also has no middle arm rest and cup holder for the 2nd row.

I would have happily cancelled and rebooked a higher variant, but for the long waiting period. As such, my allotted delivery date is 21st Dec, 2021. So have decided to bite the bullet and go along with the present variant.

Last edited by Rada : 8th November 2021 at 11:45.
Rada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 12:27   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
2.) There was talk about the wooden panel in doors getting replaced by leather strip...Should this be a cause of concern?
rampune97 mentioned that vehicles with wooden trim are using an older chip for infotainment system. Test the infotainment system thoroughly and compare it with one from the newer leather strip based lot. If you feel the difference is marginal then you can go ahead.

Quote:
3.) Reading some tweets about CarPlay and android auto yet to receive certification
No need to worry, software issues can be resolved with a simple update.

Quote:
4.) The dealer is not budging on the insurance part.
Contact Mahindra asap, they are quite responsive on Twitter.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 14:27   #2904
BHPian

Was at the Mahindra showroom to check out Thar and enquired to see if they had a XUV 700 D AT for TD as well - was informed that it was in workshop for windshield change, my first TD vehicle (petrol) at the same dealer about a month ago also had a cracked windshield. Something to keep an eye for, or it could just be a coincidence.
Old 8th November 2021, 14:30   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
This also clears the doubt regarding the AWD variants without the L pack having the EPB.
Sorry, dint catch this - could you please point me to EPB confirmation bit. Thanks in advance.

I have a booking for AWD non L and am still not sure if it comes with EPB or not.
Old 8th November 2021, 15:09   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Sorry, dint catch this - could you please point me to EPB confirmation bit. Thanks in advance.

I have a booking for AWD non L and am still not sure if it comes with EPB or not.
No EPB in any model other than luxury pack
drshajul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 15:16   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Was at the Mahindra showroom to check out Thar and enquired to see if they had a XUV 700 D AT for TD as well - was informed that it was in workshop for windshield change, my first TD vehicle (petrol) at the same dealer about a month ago also had a cracked windshield. Something to keep an eye for, or it could just be a coincidence.
I had faced similar issues with XUV500. The front windscreen cracked on its own twice during my 3 year of ownership. Not sure if its a design flaw or mfg. defect or something else.
benroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 16:06   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
I had faced similar issues with XUV500. The front windscreen cracked on its own twice during my 3 year of ownership. Not sure if its a design flaw or mfg. defect or something else.
Oh! Did Insurance or warranty covered this? Thanks!
Old 8th November 2021, 17:09   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Oh! Did Insurance or warranty covered this? Thanks!
The first time it cracked I had a lengthy conversation with SA and the local Mahindra office and they did not agree. Then I had to escalate to Anand, Pawan and got it replaced for free. The second time it happened I sold my XUv 500.

Last edited by SDP : 8th November 2021 at 17:52. Reason: happ -> happened
benroth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 18:04   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
The first time it cracked I had a lengthy conversation with SA and the local Mahindra office and they did not agree. Then I had to escalate to Anand, Pawan and got it replaced for free. The second time it happened I sold my XUv 500.
This is really scary. Hope they don’t repeat the same with XUV700. Can’t think of the windshield cracking while going in high speed 🥺

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks