Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2021, 13:44   #2881
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Just saw a customer on twitter complaining to Mahindra regarding the lack of Apple CarPlay in his newly delivered XUV 7OO. The customer representative replied to the tweet stating that, “certification is under process”. This is really ridiculous that Mahindra hasn’t been able to bag the certification despite the official launch of the car. Really doubtful now whether we’ll be able to use Apple CarPlay while bringing home the car on the 7th of December. Attaching a screenshot for the perusal of our members. Could other members who got delivery confirm the same?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-6aa64db739664295884043b29ad30ee0.jpeg  

wadewilson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 15:09   #2882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
Review of the AX7 AT (Non-Luxury).
- No tele scopic steering adjustment.
As discussed umpteen times, the feature distribution is ugly.

A purely cosmetic feature like flush fitting door handles (I hate that) sais given on lower variants. There was no need. None of the competitors has it. This could have been kept exclusively for the L pack.
But for a reverse cam, you need to get no less than AX7. For telescoping adjustment, AX7 L.

This will help Tata. Safari will lose out to the AX7, but those who strictly want a well equipped 5 seater will pick Harrier.
pseudo_coder is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 15:44   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
This will help Tata. Safari will lose out to the AX7, but those who strictly want a well equipped 5 seater will pick Harrier.
I agree that there should have been L variant for AX5. I think Mahindra wants to sell more AX7 than any other variant. I was checking with my dealer when I went there to book Thar and they mentioned that majority of the bookings were for AX7. Anyone looking strictly for a 5 seater and not interested in AWD will have many other options. I will not be surprised if Mahindra discontinues 5 seater couple of years down the line once they have the next gen XUV 300/500 in strictly 5 seater segment.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 7th November 2021 at 15:46.
Old 7th November 2021, 15:52   #2884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
I don't think Mahindra would take XUV700 for granted as they did with Thar. XUV700 customer base is very different and will not have patience like Thar folks. I like Mahindra and hope for everyone sake, they fix it.

I have booked after 8th so anyways not expecting anything before mid of next year!!
I know what I know and you can think what you think. Mahindra delhi office has been provided proofs of late bookings being alloted earlier, cars already being sold in the black market at cash premiums and what not. Delhi office basically told us to wait patiently as they can't do anything
Old 7th November 2021, 19:32   #2885
BHPian

Found this guide online.. seems useful.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV7OO Home Installer Guidelines.pdf (4.35 MB, 1849 views)
drshajul is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 21:07   #2886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshajul View Post
This says "6-way power adjustable driver seat with memory" is available only in AT version of AX7 and AX7L.
Can anyone confirm if this is true and NOT available on manual version of AX7 (non luxury) specifically? If this is the case, then it's extremely unfortunate that this hasn't been made clear anywhere else, neither on the website nor in the brochure.
This is one of my most wanted features
Old 7th November 2021, 21:22   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
This says "6-way power adjustable driver seat with memory" is available only in AT version of AX7 and AX7L.
This seems to be a mistake. If you notice, the table above it is exactly duplicated below. You can tell this because of repeated table data for Airbags and Passive Keyless Entry.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 7th November 2021 at 21:24.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 21:29   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
This seems to be a mistake. If you notice, the table above it is exactly duplicated below. You can tell this because of repeated table data for Airbags and Passive Keyless Entry.
Yes, this seems to be a pdf form of some web page with videos and all, hence done mistakes and formatting errors are there; don't know the original source though.

The thing i found interesting is the ADAS related disclaimer given on page 34. As someone on this thread was asking about fog, this has also been mentioned.Name:  XUV7OO Home Installer Guidelines_034.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  160.8 KB
drshajul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 21:43   #2889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Can anyone confirm if this is true and NOT available on manual version of AX7 (non luxury) specifically?
The following featurelist is taken from the M&M website and it clearly calls out the availability of powered seats with memory function. It also calls out the additional feature as per the L pack.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211107214013_drive.jpg  

Old 7th November 2021, 22:20   #2890
BHPian

Thank you for sharing this.
Does the 2nd row seat recline in the 5 seater version? None of the videos I have seen so far (including this one) cover this detail.

I understand its one single seat and does not have any split. But is it possible to recline it as a whole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
One of the few (only?) videos dedicated to the XUV 7OO 5 seater variant (AX5 in this case).

While not a great fan of this reviewer ("badiya hai", "shaandaar hai" "aasaani se off-road kar sakte hain", "AX5 ka best feature hai iska panaromic Sun roof" ), but this is a detailed walk around nevertheless.

https://Youtu.be/oTYHC-iCbFk
Old 7th November 2021, 23:04   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshajul View Post
This also clears the doubt regarding the AWD variants without the L pack having the EPB.
Old 7th November 2021, 23:29   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
Anybody having any clues about adrenox subscription part.
What is going to happen after one or two years?
How do we continue it ?
Is it possible to change the data provider ?

Thanks in advance
I don't know how AdrenoX subscription works but I will try to answer based on my experience with similar subscription model of my Ather 450 electric scooter.

Quote:
What is going to happen after one or two years?
Once the complimentary subscription is expired, All the connected car features will stop working until we renew the subscription with Mahindra. Subscription renewal is going to be optional and Mahindra will never force users to renew it.

Quote:
How do we continue it ?
We would need to renew the subscription for every month/quarter/year. I would expect the renewal cost would be approximately Rs. 5000/- per year.

Quote:
Is it possible to change the data provider ?
We may not be able to change the data provider individually. eSIM inside AdrenoX infotainment system can be activated/controlled by Mahindra only.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 00:08   #2893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Thank you for sharing this.
Does the 2nd row seat recline in the 5 seater version
Agree with you that there are no videos out there which explicitly state this feature. The best I could see was "adjustable headrests". But nothing about 2nd row recline.
Old 8th November 2021, 01:33   #2894
Senior - BHPian

There will slowly be many videos popping up like this, apart from updates from owners here. I noticed this one, of a petrol AX5 (7 seater) fuel economy is being shown (language spoken in video is Hindi). For those who were eager to find Petrol engine's actual fuel efficiency (non-TD cars).

Average shows 9.4KM/L; more details possibly in video.

Last edited by k_ajay : 8th November 2021 at 01:34.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 06:00   #2895
BHPian

A PDF version of the owners manual was not available till now, though the online web page was shared here earlier.
Hence, I have converted the web version to PDF for easier reference. You won't find this document anywhere else

Name:  PSX_20211108_055653.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  18.4 KB
Download Owners Manual

Please note that it is a large file (~230 MB), hence it is shared from my personal Google drive.
drshajul is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks