Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 18:22   #2191
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
Post replacement I checked out the removed pads and noticed they are as hard as steel. The rotors seemed fine though.

Looks like, all that torque and rapid acceleration/braking takes a toll on the brakes.

Cheers.
VW ASS has a practice of replacing the entire assembly instead of skimming the rotors. Their standard line would be that it is not recommended. Most places don't even have the tools to do this. The PPS SC where I service my car did not have the simple rear wiper remover tool and they have now placed an order after I questioned them. My wiper alignment is way off. But if you scan through this forum, you'd see a lot of suggestions that rotors can be skimmed and used atleast twice. 17k kms seem really low, but agree on the rapid acceleration and braking.
drive.helios is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 19:01   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
Hi Tanu
Thanks for the response. I was supposed to make the payment later today. Was negotiating with dealers for the 1.5L DSG to get the best price. We have decided to go ahead with the 1.5L DSG assuming that the DQ200 overheating issues have been resolved to a major extent.
Let me reach out to you 1:1 for seeking additional details.
Regards
Sure. I have dropped my number to you as well, over DM.
Old 12th August 2024, 19:08   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
VW ASS has a practice of replacing the entire assembly instead of skimming the rotors. Their standard line would be that it is not recommended. Most places don't even have the tools to do this. The PPS SC where I service my car did not have the simple rear wiper remover tool and they have now placed an order after I questioned them. My wiper alignment is way off. But if you scan through this forum, you'd see a lot of suggestions that rotors can be skimmed and used atleast twice. 17k kms seem really low, but agree on the rapid acceleration and braking.
I have seen this with my older Polo as well. VW ASS will push for a complete pad and rotor replacement.

If rotor skimming is feasible, will the ASS be ready to do that? Do they have the machines for it? I haven't visited an FNG for my vehicles ever before and would prefer not to.

17K is low, but will gladly pay for a replacement now and then. I still would prefer to push the car when feasible. Had a late-night drive through deserted suburban roads last night. Couldn't help but marvel at the Taigun GT's ability to accelerate from a specific speed and brake on a dime.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks