Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 07:55   #1141
BHPian

Re: 2021 VW Taigun Highline 1.0 TSI Automatic | Ownership Review | After 2 months and 3200kms+

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Have driven for about 650 kms. Within chennai and one drive to mahabs. Never felt comfortable with setting of more than 20 . Need to check out after getting sunfilm done. Have you got sunfilms done?
I got my car in December and completed 2000kms in that month itself. Weather is pretty moderate during that month even in Chennai. I did not face much discomfort even on sunny days, but to be fair I have covered car parking both at home and in office, reach office before 8:30am and reach back home by 5pm. On the road trips to Bangalore and Yercaud, like I mentioned, it was not that hot.

The last trip to Vellore was different. The day was generally sunny, car was parked in the sun for few hours and the cabin was HOT when we got in. The sunroof and all windows had to be opened for a few mins with AC on full blast for a couple of minutes. But 24 seemed to be fine for all. I will have to see how it works out in the upcoming summer months. I am sure that temperature setting needs to be lowered as you say.

I don't plan on getting sunfilms. From what I have read, they don't help much. Aren't they illegal too? I had to remove them from my Santro several years back.
Old 5th March 2022, 20:40   #1142

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
No need to use the mobile hotspot to download apps or to listen to Gaana.
Thanks for sharing this. Even I tried to do this in my Kushaq, but I don’t see the the Jio dongle while searching for WiFi on the ICE to connect. On top of it when I close the app on the phone and try again, I can see the WiFi connection turned off in the Jio motive app.

Am I missing something, or this doesn’t work in Kushaq.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th March 2022 at 22:27. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos fixed.
Old 6th March 2022, 10:09   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
Here are the pictures taken in the showroom. Volkswagen Noida. Superb experience. The Polo was bought from them too, so after all research and TDs i called up the GM. I was in Mumbai and he driving to Chandigarh. He offered me a deal ' i couldn't refuse' and everything happened from two different cities since then. A breeze of an experience. I am not putting the delivery ceremony pics since they kinda are like overdone, but there i could nt complain. Very personalised. Almost booked the Polo again too, till i got a nudge from the wife !!
Congrats and wish you many thousand kms of happy and safe drive. Being let down by interiors depends on your previous car. I had a ford figo which had minimal features but very good quality of plastics. Existing VW owners might not be too happy about quality. Another thing to watch out is mileage which for sure won't let you worry about anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I got my car in December and completed 2000kms in that month itself. Weather is pretty moderate during that month even in Chennai. I did not face much discomfort even on sunny days, but to be fair I have covered car parking both at home and in office, reach office before 8:30am and reach back home by 5pm. On the road trips to Bangalore and Yercaud, like I mentioned, it was not that hot.
Yes Coming months will test the performance of AC. Am planning my 1st long drive this month and will understand the car better during this drive. By the way the sales lead at sundaram motors did refer to your review when I met him for 1st time. Since then have been reading through your posts.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th March 2022 at 14:25. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 13:17   #1144

Quote:

The 80kmph chime ! Pain. The dealership says they can't (?) do it , but if done as an outside fix, warranty wont be affected. Advice please for NCR region.

The voice command in the car once paired with apple play, google maps doesn't understand most of the places. And no its not an accent issue. Anyone else face the same thing?
I'm not sure if it is allowed to mention here, but DrCodeMyVW is very famous across India for coding VAG cars https://www.instagram.com/drcodemyvw/

BTW - i got the exact same color from VW Noida on 1'st of March. I was told another car was being given the next day for someone coming from Mumbai. Are you the same person ? I was told they asked to change the headlights but it was not possible.

Hope you're enjoying your Taigun!
sandeepss1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 23:23   #1145

Quote:
Here are the pictures taken in the showroom. Volkswagen Noida. Superb experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepss1980 View Post
BTW - i got the exact same color from VW Noida on 1'st of March.

I too got my Taigun from VW Noida in December.

I'm inching closer to 7500 kms and to the scheduled service. It has been bit hectic with work to update this thread with my experiences. Hopefully will get some time after the service.
Old 7th March 2022, 20:38   #1146
BHPian

Guilty as charged, Sire! I think the metal sheets aren’t very thin compared to my older Polo! But enjoying the ride.

Quote:
BTW - i got the exact same color from VW Noida on 1'st of March.!
Mod Note - There are many errors, please proofread posts before submission.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th March 2022 at 21:58. Reason: Typo & Grammatical errors
darthvader5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 00:10   #1147

Hey fellows,

I got the same color as well (carbon steel grey) from the VW Delhi west, Moti Nagar. just about to complete the first 1000 km!

Quote:
I'm not sure if it is allowed to mention here, but DrCodeMyVW is very famous across India for coding VAG cars [!

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th March 2022 at 21:59. Reason: Trimmed the Quote.
AnjanKatna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 07:03   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Guilty as charged, Sire! Me thinking if the metal sheets of the aren't indeed very thin compared to my older Polo !
But enjoying the ride.
Yes the sheets are very thin compared to VW. I was trying to close bonnet and to my horror the center part did go in and bounce back. Sheets do flex at few places. VW would do good to get NCAP ratings done as VW customers prioritize solid and safe cars over frills and features.
Old 8th March 2022, 10:44   #1149

II was browsing through the menu of the 10.25 inch screen, i did see an option of speed alerts, which was unchecked. I have the 1.0L highline MT.

Quote:
The 80kmph chime ! Pain.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th March 2022 at 21:49. Reason: Trimmed Quoted post.
Old 8th March 2022, 11:00   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelerhoot View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Even I tried to do this in my Kushaq, but I don’t see the the Jio dongle while searching for WiFi on the ICE to connect. On top of it when I close the app on the phone and try again, I can see the WiFi connection turned off in the Jio motive app.

Am I missing something, or this doesn’t work in Kushaq.
Thanks to the post here in Taigun thread, this works in my Kushaq too. Sometime back I tried and I could not login to the Jio Motive app. I left but it seems you cannot be logged in to My Skoda connect and Jio Motive app (Both are same with different skin) in the same time. I logged out of My Skoda connect app and Jio motive worked and I manage to enable the Wi-Fi ON. It stays the same and on starting the car, it shows the SSID and I manage to connect it. It works but don't see any use as there are no apps in Skoda Play Store to use. Except the Jio motive app gets the trip data immediately.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 00:26   #1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
Hi Everyone, has anyone recently received the delivery of Taigun Comfortline variant. If yes, how much time did you have to wait post booking?

I had booked mine in Nov 2021 but still waiting. The SA calls every fortnight though advising us to revise our booking to Highline variant.
I booked a Topline 1.0 Torque converter variant (Jan 2022 model still had auto folding mirrors) for my wife 2 days ago. We did our insurance ourselves and got the 5 year service package (including brake pads and disks changes) for 37000 incl GST (it was 49k but they gave first 2 years complimentary). We got a discount of 45k on ex showroom and delivery was done today. Dealers have enough stock. The skoda guys were offering 1.5 lacs discount for Kushaq but I I own a yeti and the service guys were telling me some horror Kushaq stories.
Ashboyt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 01:16   #1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashboyt View Post
I booked a Topline 1.0 Torque converter variant (Jan 2022 model still had auto folding mirrors) for my wife 2 days ago. We did our insurance ourselves and got the 5 year service package (including brake pads and disks changes) for 37000 incl GST (it was 49k but they gave first 2 years complimentary). We got a discount of 45k on ex showroom and delivery was done today. Dealers have enough stock. The skoda guys were offering 1.5 lacs discount for Kushaq but I I own a yeti and the service guys were telling me some horror Kushaq stories.
Could you please tell for which Skoda Kushaq model they are offering 1.5 lacs discount ?
I am also in the market to get a new car mostly Kushaq or Taigun or maybe Astor as well (need to TD all three ) so this will help me while finalizing the car as pricing is also an important factor.
Old 9th March 2022, 14:04   #1153

Hey,

I recently installed the ddpai mola gps at the front and the mini at the back. I got the installation done from the nearby accessories shop. I have not hardwired it, I just plug it in into the ports when driving.

Am still thinking if I need to get the cpl filters. So far the experience of using them has been decent. I have set the collision warning to off and the video quality to one lower than the best available in settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Not planning for a hardwired fuse-tap or a reverse cam as of now. Any thoughts, guidance from the experts/Taigun owners who have installed dashcams in their vehicles on this?

Request to mods: I posted this here since this was very specific to the car. If this should be in the dashcam/DVR thread, requesting you to kindly help move this as you see fit.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th March 2022 at 22:00. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
AnjanKatna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:41   #1154

Hey all,

Has anyone here tried swapping out the halogen headlights on the GT variant for the LED units that come with the GT+? I'm talking about the entire headlight assembly, complete with the projectors, DRLs etc. Is this swap even feasible?
Old 9th March 2022, 22:00   #1155
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I tried using the ventilated seats since summer is almost here and did not feel much of a diff. to be honest. I could feel it near the hips and thighs but nothing on the back. Used it on a short 20 mins. drive. Does it take time to start cooling or is mine defective and I should get it checked ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks